PDA

View Full Version : The voice of the walmart striker

Pages : [1] 2

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
This is what America is becoming...assholes who want more then they are worth and think the effects of their life choices is their employers responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caV-m1wq6Vc&feature=player_embedded

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Who is forcing these people to work at WalMart?

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Who is forcing these people to work at WalMart? YOU!!!!!

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Nope. Try again. shitty skill set = shitty job

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Nope. Try again. shitty skill set = shitty job

No try again, its you because you say they have a shitty skill set.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
If they have a great skill set then take their show on the road. Nobody is forcing them to work at WalMart.

symple19
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Another company I won't buy a single fucking thing from

Also, that's a hilariously pathetic group of people in that youtube. This should be shown in schools everywhere to motivate kids to go to college.

:lol wal-mart

:lol people who work at wal-mart

Drachen
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
If they have a great skill set then take their show on the road. Nobody is forcing them to work at WalMart.

this option isn't always available.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Why? Never heard of looking for a better job while you work your shitty one to pay the bills? It's not like WalMart gives them 40 hours a week. Plenty of time to job hunt.

Latarian Milton
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
these people should sincerely have killed themselves instead of working as commies' allies to sabotage their own country's economy, they should be sued for treason

baseline bum
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
LOL at all the bullshit in this thread; as if those people deserve the crap they get from that cocksucking company.

boutons_deux
11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Why Big U.S. Retailers Can Afford To Increase Wages

The cost of increasing the living standards of more than 5 million Americans, adding $11.8 to $15.2 billion to GDP, and creating no less than 100,000 jobs amounts to just a small portion of total earnings among the biggest firms.

The retail sector takes in more than $4 trillion annually and firms with 1000 or more employees account for more than half of that. At the same time labor compensation in the sector contributes only 12 percent of the total value of production, making payroll just a fraction of total costs.

Large retailers could pay full-time, year-round workers $25,000 per year and still make a profit – satisfying shareholders while rewarding their workers for the value they bring to the firm.

A raise at large retailers adds $20.8 billion to payroll for the year, or less than 1 percent of total sales in the sector.

At the same time it is very likely the firm will experience benefits that offset the cost of the wage increase — in the form of productivity gains and higher sales per employee — making the net cost of the new wage even lower.

Meanwhile, “if retailers pass half of the costs of a wage raise on to their customers, the average household will see just 15 cents added to the cost of its shopping basket on any trip to a large retailer. That amounts to an annual cost of $17.73.”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/11/19/1217041/retailers-afford-wage-increase/

ploto
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
WalMart sucks. I do not shop there.

DarrinS
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
I shop there. 40 registers -- 4 cashiers. Lol

angrydude
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
its just a big grocery store. Just because they employ a lot of people doesn't change the nature of what it is

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM

40 registers---1 cashier-----10 self check out lanes FTFY

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Then have the fucking common sense not life a live style you cant afford

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM

They cant take their desired skill sets on the road because they are to busy working at Wal-Mart. I miss the smocks that kindly asks "How may I help you?"

Drachen
11-19-2012, 11:38 PM
40 registers---1 cashier-----10 self check out lanes FTFY

No, they have 4 cashies, and 10 self checkout lanes which are never, I repeat NEVER open. I wish they would open the damn self checkout lanes.

The_Worlds_finest
11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't like going to my walmart but I can walk and HEB is driving distance. Amazon is going to really put a hurting on their stores over the next decade.

Blake
11-19-2012, 11:49 PM
WalMart sucks. I do not shop there.

Where do you shop

Blake
11-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't like going to my walmart but I can walk and HEB is driving distance. Amazon is going to really put a hurting on their stores over the next decade.

Doubtful.

And HEB treats their employees just as shitty as Walmart

ElNono
11-20-2012, 12:13 AM

Couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate Target isn't any better.

baseline bum
11-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Doubtful.

And HEB treats their employees just as shitty as Walmart

I know people who have worked for both, and that's just not the case at all. Did HEB ever take out life insurance policies on associates and then actively work to ensure they were constantly stressed?

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
I know people who have worked for both, and that's just not the case at all. Did HEB ever take out life insurance policies on associates and then actively work to ensure they were constantly stressed?

Lol walmart employees stressed....omg I am stressing out because I have to put these boxes on a shelf....omg now I have to sweep the floor.....omg streeeesssssssssss

Nbadan
11-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Remember when an honest day's work deserved an honest day's pay......the corporation doesn't

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Remember when an honest day's work deserved an honest day's pay......the corporation doesn't

what's an honest days pay when you stand around and stock shit? I can guarantee that in our life time we will see walmart using robots to stock their shelves.

SnakeBoy
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Who is forcing these people to work at WalMart?

Meth dealers

Jacob1983
11-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Retail is a small step above fast food. And go ahead and throw your shit at me because I know you will. Honestly if I was given the choice of working in retail or a coal mine right now , I would pick the coal mine.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 03:01 AM
This is what America is becoming...assholes who want more then they are worth and think the effects of their life choices is their employers responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caV-m1wq6Vc&feature=player_embedded
What's wrong with these losers? They should find better employment.

Wait... I spoke too soon... My bad... This is the best job these losers can find...

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 03:03 AM
No, they have 4 cashies, and 10 self checkout lanes which are never, I repeat NEVER open. I wish they would open the damn self checkout lanes.
You like putting cashiers out of work?

I never use them.

Blake
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
You like putting cashiers out of work?

I never use them.

WC taking a stand against capitalism.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 11:33 AM
WC taking a stand against capitalism.
It's our personal choices that helps shape how business works.

boutons_deux
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Fox's Fawning Pro-Walmart Segment "Brought To You By Walmart" Fox News ran a segment sponsored by Walmart that defended that company from workers who are planning a Black Friday strike.

In an interview with a Walmart spokesperson about the planned strike, Fox News' Stuart Varney did not mention the concerns of the company's workers, instead praising the company for "taking on" unions, asking if they planned to fire striking workers, and plugging the company's charitable efforts following Hurricane Sandy. Following the segment, Fox News ran a banner ad explaining that "this program is brought to you by Walmart," followed by an advertisement for the company's Black Friday promotion.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/19/foxs-fawning-pro-walmart-segment-brought-to-you/191459

:lol

boutons_deux
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 11:55 AM

Why the fuck do Republicans revise history and say stuff like, "This is what America is becoming! I want the old America back!" as if people wanting more than they're worth is a new phenomenon. The only difference is that they used to actually get more than what they were worth which shut them up and made them happy so you'd never hear about it. The people in that video are the same people who worked no skill assembly line jobs in the 50s, 60s, and 70s that not only paid way better but also had ridiculous pension benefits.

You got what you wanted. No skill labor nowadays = shitty pay and shitty lifestyle when it didn't used to. Don't cry about the fact that they're now crying over it.

Clipper Nation
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Tbh, what really speaks volumes about society here is the people lining up to demonize workers for whistleblowing and arguing for better treatment.....

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Duncan...

How is complaining about ones employer going to help? We have too many unskilled for the number of available jobs, yet liberals wish to bring in more unskilled through our southern border. Supply and demand dictates these jobs will continue to decline in value of pay. It's frustrating that people only see the symptoms of bad economic decisions by our leaders and never complain about the root cause. The root cause needs to be fixed... Our trade imbalance with the rest of the world.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Tbh, what really speaks volumes about society here is the people lining up to demonize workers for whistleblowing and arguing for better treatment.....

It's the new Republican shtick. Demonize poor people while acting like living off food stamps and welfare is a rich, enchanting life millions of self-entitled minorities eagerly seek out. Of all the Republicans whining about it, I'm surprised none of them have quit their job and filed for welfare since they seem to think poor minorities are the ones living the dream.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Duncan...

How is complaining about ones employer going to help?
Going on strike, blowing the whistle on the inhumane shit Walmart does (like force employees to clock out and work 20 minutes past their shift to finish something or get fired), and unionizing so they can collectively bargain does help. That's what workers have always done when they're dissatisfied with their treatment. It's how manufacturing jobs become well paying jobs that provided the entire baby boomer generation with a stable middle class.

We have too many unskilled for the number of available jobs, yet liberals wish to bring in more unskilled through our southern border.
Liberals want to give citizenship to the ones already here, I don't know any liberals who want to increase immigration from Mexico.

Supply and demand dictates these jobs will continue to decline in value of pay.
History has shown that a free market where supply and demand dictates everything leads to a non-existent middle class. Like I said, Reagan, Clinton and Bush over the last 30 years have made our bed by dismantling the middle class with deregulation (Reagan), disfunctional public education that provides less skill training than ever (Bush), and free trade agreements (Clinton). You've made your bed with a free market dictated by supply and demand, don't whine about having to sleep in it and hear people cry about their lifestyle.

It's frustrating that people only see the symptoms of bad economic decisions by our leaders and never complain about the root cause. The root cause needs to be fixed... Our trade imbalance with the rest of the world.
The root cause a country where both political parties are totally corrupt and bought off by people who don't want to see a middle class.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
It's the new Republican shtick. Demonize poor people while acting like living off food stamps and welfare is a rich, enchanting life millions of self-entitled minorities eagerly seek out. Of all the Republicans whining about it, I'm surprised none of them have quit their job and filed for welfare since they seem to think poor minorities are the ones living the dream.
I see you don't understand how to parse properly what is said and implied. It's not that these people are living any dream. It's just that the balance between their willingness to work and what they have to spend is achieved. That is their personal growth acceptance. Most certainly not most peoples.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Going on strike, blowing the whistle on the inhumane shit Walmart does (like force employees to clock out and work 20 minutes past their shift to finish something or get fired), and unionizing so they can collectively bargain does help.
Really... have facts to back that claim up with?

That's what workers have always done when they're dissatisfied with their treatment.
How is a strike going to help? They aren't unionized, so someone will still work the jobs.

It's how manufacturing jobs become well paying jobs that provided the entire baby boomer generation with a stable middle class.

Different era. Not happening with all this free trade today.

Liberals want to give citizenship to the ones already here, I don't know any liberals who want to increase immigration from Mexico.

You haven't read the way they want to allow extended families to come in then, have you?

History has shown that a free market where supply and demand dictates everything leads to a non-existent middle class.
So you wish to impose authoritarian non free business practices?

Like I said, Reagan, Clinton and Bush over the last 30 years have made our bed by dismantling the middle class with deregulation (Reagan),
I don't know what regulations you speak of, but we are over regulated as a nation. We possibly need more regulations in other areas. That's a different argument.

disfunctional public education that provides less skill training than ever (Bush),
That's what happens when you allow the federal government to impose its will over states rights.

and free trade agreements (Clinton).
Yes, NAFTA was the only logical trade agreement because they are our immediate bordering nations. The agreements that followed have done only harm.

You've made your bed with a free market dictated by supply and demand, don't whine about having to sleep in it and hear people cry about their lifestyle.

I am a free trade advocate at the national level. I believe in tariffs like our founding fathers instituted in the constitution. If anything, I'm whining about the blatant disrespect of the constitution our population has today.

The root cause a country where both political parties are totally corrupt and bought off by people who don't want to see a middle class.

Politicians only do as they can get away with. We have cheaper goods by allowing this free trade, but at the expense of our economic erosion. Every time I speak of fixing it, some idiot complains about how I want to raise prices. These same people don't realize that paying 4mployees more will also raise prices.

Fucking hypocrites.

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Why the fuck do Republicans revise history and say stuff like, "This is what America is becoming! I want the old America back!" as if people wanting more than they're worth is a new phenomenon. The only difference is that they used to actually get more than what they were worth which shut them up and made them happy so you'd never hear about it. The people in that video are the same people who worked no skill assembly line jobs in the 50s, 60s, and 70s that not only paid way better but also had ridiculous pension benefits.

You got what you wanted. No skill labor nowadays = shitty pay and shitty lifestyle when it didn't used to. Don't cry about the fact that they're now crying over it.

No your wrong. Assembly line workers(creating a product) are much more valuable then a Wal-Mart employee who simply takes product out of a box and sticks it on a shelf.

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM

The problem is generations of people have lived off the government and become complacent thus creating a career out of it.

Blake
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I am a free trade advocate at the national level. I believe in tariffs like our founding fathers instituted in the constitution. If anything, I'm whining about the blatant disrespect of the constitution our population has today.

A document ordained by dog himself.

Fucking hypocrites.

I bet it wouldn't be terribly difficult to find a constitutionally disrespectful quote from you.

Brazil
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
No your wrong. Assembly line workers(creating a product) are much more valuable then a Wal-Mart employee who simply takes product out of a box and sticks it on a shelf.

creating a product... dude you never put your freaking foot on an assembly line. You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM

I understand where you're coming from but working on an assembly line doesn't require any more skill than sticking boxes on shelves. They're both things a high school dropout with no additional training can do. Maybe one is contributing more th GDP than the other but assembly line workers were laughably overcompensated compared to "what they were worth." 50 years ago all the people in that youtube video would be working at an assembly line and wouldn't be complaining.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Really... have facts to back that claim up with?
See this part of my post you quoted:

It's how manufacturing jobs become well paying jobs that provided the entire baby boomer generation with a stable middle class.

How is a strike going to help? They aren't unionized, so someone will still work the jobs.
The strike itself won't help, but it might lead to things that do. Unionization doesn't happen over night.

Different era. Not happening with all this free trade today.
Free trade wouldn't solve Walmart's problem. They can't exactly export customer service jobs.

You haven't read the way they want to allow extended families to come in then, have you?
Tbh I haven't really. It makes sense since that beats the hell out of them sending all the money they earn here down to their families in Mexico.

So you wish to impose authoritarian non free business practices?
Yes, since that's the only way to create a middle class. Using rhetoric like "authoritarian" isn't gonna change my mind.

I don't know what regulations you speak of, but we are over regulated as a nation. We possibly need more regulations in other areas. That's a different argument.
You really don't know the deregulations under Reagan? Somehow I doubt that.

That's what happens when you allow the federal government to impose its will over states rights.
No, if you gave the states more rights over public education, you'd start seeing states like Alabama and Mississippi dumping science and math classes so they could teach students shit like "intelligent design." Local government is 10x as incompetent and corrupt at federal government. What happened was the No Child Left Behind Act creating no incentive for schools to give a shit about students who wouldn't inflate test scores. The high school I went to was a shining example of this.

Yes, NAFTA was the only logical trade agreement because they are our immediate bordering nations. The agreements that followed have done only harm.
NAFTA allowed jobs to be shipped to Mexico. It had just as much of a corrupt, corporate agenda as the other free trade agreements. Ross Perot was basically psychic in prediction what NAFTA would do.

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 05:30 PM
creating a product... dude you never put your freaking foot on an assembly line. You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

dude you never took eco 101

The_Worlds_finest
11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I understand where you're coming from but working on an assembly line doesn't require any more skill than sticking boxes on shelves. They're both things a high school dropout with no additional training can do. Maybe one is contributing more th GDP than the other but assembly line workers were laughably overcompensated compared to "what they were worth." 50 years ago all the people in that youtube video would be working at an assembly line and wouldn't be complaining.

Your argument could be considered if we are dealing with a USA economy of 70 to 50 years ago. I just find it extremely hard to believe that Walmart is not providing fair market compensation for the services their employees provide. With that I leave this quote " “Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.”

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Your argument could be considered if we are dealing with a USA economy of 70 to 50 years ago.

My argument is in response to the retarded notion that people asking for more than what they're worth is a new phenomenon in this country when the same thing occurred 50-70 years ago. You're completely changing lanes away from what I was saying. I was addressing this inexplicable, "WE WANT THE OLD AMERICA BACK!" movement in the Republican party that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding to what the old America was.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Why? Never heard of looking for a better job while you work your shitty one to pay the bills? It's not like WalMart gives them 40 hours a week. Plenty of time to job hunt.

mouse
11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Many collage grads have jobs at Walmart, Bill Millers, Target, Macy's etc.....

lets see here, who will find a job first........
someone with 4 years of college or a licensed Plumber

Someone with 2 years of film school or an Electrician.

someone with a masters degree or A pole climber for AT&T

Learn something people are always in need of and always have work.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 05:50 PM
What's a collage grad?

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Many collage grads have jobs at Walmart, Bill Millers, Target, Macy's etc.....

lets see here, who will find a job first........
someone with 4 years of college or a licensed Plumber

Someone with 2 years of film school or an Electrician.

someone with a masters degree or A pole climber for AT&T

Learn something people are always in need of and always have work.

Listen to Mouse. He is speaking with the voice of experience.

mouse
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
What's a collage grad?

http://www.frankiephotos.com/LincolnCollegeGraduations/Collage-of-MA-Grads/i-8tRcLgF/0/L/untitled-1-L.jpg

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.frankiephotos.com/LincolnCollegeGraduations/Collage-of-MA-Grads/i-8tRcLgF/0/L/untitled-1-L.jpg

:lol

*rimshot*

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Those are college grads, not collage grads.

Are collage grads people really good at making collages?

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I think mouse was just baiting the spelling cops...:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:02 PM

:lmao

He's a fuckin middle aged security guard who makes $12 an hour and lives in a fuckin shack. No one in their right mind would listen to him, or any other dumbfuck who thinks electricians do better than people with 4 year degrees.

The 3 companies I'm in final round interviews with are companies that wouldn't even talk to mouse.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:03 PM

He's a fuckin middle aged security guard who makes $12 an hour and lives in a fuckin shack. No one in their right mind would listen to him, or any other dumbfuck who thinks electricians do better than people with 4 year degrees.

Trust me, there are plumbers and electricians making a hell of a lot more than millions of college grads with 4 year degrees.

And I was using Mouse as an example of what not to do.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Trust me, there are plumbers and electricians making a hell of a lot more than millions of college grads with 4 year degrees.

(him not being one of them so he doesn't really have any experience)

Yes, the stupid ones who graduated with a mediocre GPA in something worthless are making less than an electrician. Those are people who had no place in college to begin with. The people who actually make the most out of college are making more than nearly all electricians and plumbers.

Do you think you'd be as successful as you are with a plumbers license instead of a degree?

CosmicCowboy
I have a friend that is a licensed one man plumbing repair company knocking down 125K a year easy and a lot of it in cash.

The guys that work for me are making more than most recent underemployed college graduates.

BTW, I'm not knocking college...I have a pretty useful degree...

Trainwreck2100
Anyone who defends walmart has never worked retail

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I have a friend that is a licensed one man plumbing repair company knocking down 125K a year easy and a lot of it in cash.

We can play the "List an obscure example" game all day, that doesn't make it any less of a weak argument.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:13 PM
(him not being one of them so he doesn't really have any experience)

Yes, the stupid ones who graduated with a mediocre GPA in something worthless are making less than an electrician. Those are people who had no place in college to begin with. The people who actually make the most out of college are making more than nearly all electricians and plumbers.

Do you think you'd be as successful as you are with a plumbers license instead of a degree?

Good question and hard to answer. My partner that makes just as much as I do only has a high school degree.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:14 PM
We can play the "List an obscure example" game all day, that doesn't make it any less of a weak argument.

So what is your "guaranteed to make you rich" degree going to be in?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:14 PM
And I was using Mouse as an example of what not to do.

:lol missed this part

Pretty sure mouse didn't go to college. That's a lesson for everybody.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
So what is you "guaranteed to make you rich" degree going to be in?

Whoever mentioned anything about a degree guaranteed to make me rich? What I do know is that I graduate in May, and the degree I graduate with has led to an already turned down job offer down that started at 51k, and I'm doing final round interviews with 3 companies right now, all of which start over 50k+, which is probably more than the average plumber or electrician makes.

Does the average bachelors degree holder or average plumber make more money?

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM

BTW, thats not an obscure example. It's happening everywhere. Guys that know how to do stuff people need and have to have make good money. I have another friend that was a high school grad that became a mechanic and has his own shop now and he is a multimillionaire.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Whoever mentioned anything about a degree guaranteed to make me rich? What I do know is that I graduate in May, and the degree I graduate with has led to an already turned down job offer down that started at 51k, and I'm doing final round interviews with 3 companies right now, all of which start over 50k+, which is probably more than the average plumber or electrician makes.

Uhhh....you are vastly underestimating what plumbers and electricians make.

DUNCANownsKOBE
BTW, thats not an obscure example. It's happening everywhere. Guys that know how to do stuff people need and have to have make good money. I have another friend that was a high school grad that became a mechanic and has his own shop now and he is a multimillionaire.
These are all talented people who would have been successful regardless. They're a far cry from the average plumber, electrician, or mechanic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
Uhhh....you are vastly underestimating what plumbers and electricians make.

What does the average plumber and electrician make?

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Simple math

If you take a job paying 55K you are making $26 an hour. Plumbers and electricians make more than that.

SnakeBoy
11-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Entry level

The median expected salary for a typical Plumber I in the United States is $40,655

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Simple math

If you take a job paying 55K you are making $26 an hour. Plumbers and electricians make more than that.

http://www1.salary.com/Plumber-I-Salary.html

The 90th percentile of plumbers makes 55k. The average plumber doesn't make more than 55k. You're making stuff up now.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:25 PM

The 90th percentile of plumbers makes 55k. The average plumber doesn't make more than 55k. You're making stuff up now.

Tricky of you to use entry level plumber numbers. That's like you being a freshman in college.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:26 PM
So whats your major?

mouse
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM

Thanks for getting back to me on the fish cleaning job.

I was talking to the apartment manager one day and saw a man with a laptop connected to the phone box with all these different color wires. Since i had 8 minutes to kill as the apartment manger had to type out the eviction notice I asked the guy how long you go to school to do what your doing?

He said it's a two year course at ST Phillips collage. And At&T will send you there.

he said it sucked for is girlfriend she had to pay the majority of the bills but after two years he started off at 27.00 dollars an hour and this was back in 2004.

You drive in a cool looking vehicle dress nice and play on your laptop for 27.00 an hour with medical and great retirement plan. You rather spend "4 years" at UTSA,SAC,or Texas A&M and work at UPS for 11 dollars an hour?

personally I think the Walmart employees should be paid more and maybe they will be nicer and more helpful. Sometimes you wait for 20 minutes to finally get someone in the hardware department to open the paint can cage to purchase a 99 cent can of flat black paint.

Yes I shop at walmart. The ones who say they don't never had to buy a usb wireless adapter or a plunger at 2 AM in the morning.

Those of you who are riding on your shinny red whit and blue high horse I dare you to go though your house and not find anything made in china.

hell I bet most of you drive a Toyota, watch a Sam Sung flat screen or listen to a Sony radio in your vehicle.

Unless your some redneck in the deep woods of North Carolina in a 1979 USA built single wide trailer driving a 1996 GMC Blazer with a Motorola CB radio listening to a cassette of Lynard Skinard then I don't buy it your "All American" or nothing.

mIaqnq5_vcQ

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Tricky of you to use entry level plumber numbers. That's like you being a freshman in college.

No, that's like me being in an entry level position. Either way...

http://www1.salary.com/Plumber-III-salary.html

so the average salary for a "senior plumber" is a little over 51,000. So right out of school I'll make more than the average senior plumber. Sounds good to me.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
So whats your major?

Accounting & Finance, minor in math.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:30 PM
No, that's like me being in an entry level position. Either way...

http://www1.salary.com/Plumber-III-salary.html

so the average salary for a "senior plumber" is a little over 51,000. So right out of school I'll make more than the average senior plumber. Sounds good to me.

So whats your major?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:31 PM
So whats your major?

already answered

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Oh...OK....accounting and finance. Going to work for an accountant or taking the corporate path?

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah...how much debt did you carry out of college? And are you going back for a masters?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh...OK....accounting and finance. Going to work for an accountant or taking the corporate path?

Skipping the accounting bullshit and going to work for an investment bank (assuming my last interview went well enough). It'll be 2-3 years before I'm proven enough to move to the I-banking side of things which is why I'm only starting at 50-60kish since it's in another department but if I get a job with this bank then I should be doing very well very fast.

mouse
What's a collage grad?

A cute way to get the taint sniffing spell checkers to reply.

DUNCANownsKOBE
Oh yeah...how much debt did you carry out of college? And are you going back for a masters?

No debt but that's largely due to parents :lol

Prolly gonna go back for my MBA at some point.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Meh...you might hit the i-bank lottery but the chances are higher that you will end up in a cubicle sweatshop hating your life. Good luck, though.

Downside is if you end up hating your life you have no good escape mechanism.

A good plumber that hates his boss can start his own gig with a truck and a box of business cards and if he is good can be financially set by 40.

not dissing your career path, just saying don't pull the snob routine on people that didn't choose the college path.

mouse
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM

He's a fuckin middle aged security guard who makes $12 an hour

You have proof of that?

and lives in a love shack.

fixed.

No one in their right mind would listen to him,

Who here 24/7 on ST is in their right mind?

or any other dumbfuck who thinks electricians do better than people with 4 year degrees.

Who said anyone was "better' than anyone else?

This is about finding a job faster with more money. You want to make a wager? Let's do this , you and I will apply at the unemployment office, I tell them I am an out of work AC Installer and you tell them your fresh out of college as a Physiology major.

Who gets a Job first?

The 3 companies I'm in final round interviews with are companies that wouldn't even talk to mouse.

I'm sure they are respectable companies that would just love hire someone after they happen to read how that future employee spends valuable time at website calling many people dick heads and fags all day long, that must really help pad that worthless resume as you really end up at Walmart or at a target even after all your online horn tooting.

jack sommerset
11-20-2012, 07:47 PM

Brother, I don't think republicans revise history and say stuff like that, atleast not most.

That video was silly. God bless

clambake
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
i see you're still sticking with the avatar that laughs at you.

mouse
11-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Meh...you might hit the i-bank lottery but the chances are higher that you will end up in a cubicle sweatshop hating your life. Good luck, though.

A good plumber that hates his boss can start his own gig with a truck and a box of business cards and if he is good can be financially set by 40.

not dissing your career path, just saying don't pull the snob routine on people that didn't choose the college path.

^ This shit is self help Gold! did you go to Dr. Phil's website?

I may copy this shit and use it to look good at another site.

Seriously If that was your original material your a very underrated life coach or a Corporation Motivational speaker.

You have a unique wisdom that you can profit from. $

GoodOdor
11-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Another good career path is having a rich daddeh leave a bunch of money to you, you can then start a business and pretend you are somebody:toast

DMX7
11-20-2012, 08:44 PM
They need to unionize. They have no leverage and Wal-Mart's size helps it set the industry benchmark for pay. So if they wanted to leave, they'd likely not do much better at a comparable job with another company. This is truly the proletariate class, and if they had any clue how to organize and use their numbers as leverage, then they'd be doing much better right now.

mouse
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Another good career path is having a rich daddeh leave a bunch of money to you, you can then start a business and pretend you are somebody:toast

What is Hugh Hefner's son to do then?

If my herion injecting father left me 40,000 dollars?

I would try and flip that 40,00 to 80,000 or at least have a money making business.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 09:54 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao so now you're seriously trying to argue that plumbing is a better career path than i-banking

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 09:59 PM
This is about finding a job faster with more money. You want to make a wager? Let's do this , you and I will apply at the unemployment office, I tell them I am an out of work AC Installer and you tell them your fresh out of college as a Physiology major.

So that's your argument? "If I overplay my credentials and you underplay yours, I'll get a job before you!"

ElNono
11-20-2012, 10:13 PM

:lol now you're trolling

"truck and business cards" :lmao

Good luck building your empire with $40K/year...

I mean, if he wants to do that he can always open his accounting shop and make just as much as a plumber.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
:lol now you're trolling

"truck and business cards" :lmao

Good luck building your empire with $40K/year...

I mean, if he wants to do that he can always open his accounting shop and make just as much as a plumber.
"Unless you hit the i-banking lottery, you're gonna wish you became a plumber!" :lmao:lmao

GoodOdor
11-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Also, a plumber is someone who spends most of his job knee deep in other people's shit......

mouse
11-20-2012, 11:15 PM
mIaqnq5_vcQ

The_Worlds_finest
11-21-2012, 12:50 AM
My argument is in response to the retarded notion that people asking for more than what they're worth is a new phenomenon in this country when the same thing occurred 50-70 years ago. You're completely changing lanes away from what I was saying. I was addressing this inexplicable, "WE WANT THE OLD AMERICA BACK!" movement in the Republican party that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding to what the old America was.

50-70 years ago you didn't have multiple generation living off welfare. 50-70 years ago a welfare family couldn't go to Walgreens and buy onion dip and ruffles with a lonestar card. The "Old America" is what got us to where we are today. I am 110% for helping my fellow American to education, health care, better paying jobs, a better life. However I have no sympathy for shithead jack who wants a fucking handout day after day, month after month, year after year. To close again “Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.”

Clipper Nation
11-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes, since that's the only way to create a middle class.

Actually, you can have a free-market middle class by having sound money instead of hurting middle-class purchasing power through the hidden tax of inflation...

Wild Cobra
11-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Anyone who defends walmart has never worked retail
I've worked three different retail jobs in my life. Your statement is untrue. Now I don't support all of the things Walmart does, but I don't demonize them like libtards like to do either.

ElNono
11-21-2012, 03:10 AM
I've worked three different retail jobs in my life. Your statement is untrue. Now I don't support all of the things Walmart does, but I don't demonize them like libtards like to do either.

What things you don't like that Walmart does?

Wild Cobra
11-21-2012, 03:12 AM

Sites like that are bogus. I looked up a past job of mine just a couple years back, and it had the salary around 60% of my companies pay scale a decade ago. I'll bet some businesses fund these sites so their employees think they are getting a great deal.

Wild Cobra
11-21-2012, 03:15 AM
What things you don't like that Walmart does?
I'm not going to stoke your fire.

ElNono
11-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Sites like that are bogus. I looked up a past job of mine just a couple years back, and it had the salary around 60% of my companies pay scale a decade ago. I'll bet some businesses fund these sites so their employees think they are getting a great deal.

This is their methodology:
http://www.salary.com/docs/salwizhtmls/methodology.html

lol anecdotes

Wild Cobra
11-21-2012, 03:23 AM
This is their methodology:
http://www.salary.com/docs/salwizhtmls/methodology.html

lol anecdotes
Say as you wish, but facts are facts. Part of your link:

My salary is higher

There are a number of reasons why your current compensation may be higher than the market data in the Salary Wizard.

Long tenure or proximity to promotion
Greater job responsibilities
Greater-than-expected performance
Company's compensation philosophy
Large company
High-paying industry
Hot jobs

I'm sorry, but I went industry specific, and I am talking about not just my wage, but the entire wage scale. I have a copy of the wage scale from the year 2000, and this was industry wide. Not just the place I worked for.

Maybe the site you listed isn't a scam, but my god... Some are really off.

ElNono
11-21-2012, 03:36 AM
You skipped the 'My Salary is lower' section... :rolleyes

It's not supposed to be strictly accurate (a given, since the number presented are averages and obviously vary by, among other things, location), but to give you a ballpark figure.

If we start by the fact you have zero credibility... I think I'll stick with the site, crofl

Wild Cobra
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
If we start by the fact you have zero credibility...
You think I care that I have zero credibility with libtards like yourself?

Shit... I would be worried if I did!

ElNono
11-21-2012, 03:40 AM
You think I care that I have zero credibility with libtards like yourself?

Shit... I would be worried if I did!

If only "libtards" called you out on your bullshit.. :lol

lol completely oblivious

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Actually, you can have a free-market middle class

Even though in the history of man, a country that believes in laissez-faire economics has never had a stable middle class.

Clipper Nation
11-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Even though in the history of man, a country that believes in laissez-faire economics has never had a stable middle class.
If you have fiat money, you can't have a stable middle class OR a true laissez-faire economy, tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
If you have fiat money, you can't have a stable middle class OR a true laissez-faire economy, tbh...

Can you name an example of any civilization throughout the history of mankind that had stable middle class and a laissez-faire economy?

mouse
11-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Also, a plumber is someone who spends most of his job knee deep in other people's shit......

Not if your working on new homes and buildings. And tell me what will you pay less for a 4 year collage graduate to spend 3 hours tutoring your child or a plumber 3 hours to install a shower in your home?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I would tutor my own child since as a college grad I'd be capable of doing so :lol

mouse
11-21-2012, 03:20 PM
The Top 5 Most Humiliating Jobs for College Grads

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-top-5-most-humiliating-jobs-college-grads-379383.html

A college grad working at Walmart: Should I be ashamed?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100911232126AAdMZs9

So, How's That College Degree Working Out For You?

http://www.declineoftheempire.com/2011/05/so-hows-that-college-degree-working-out-for-you.html

More Than Half of College Grads Underemployed

http://www.newser.com/story/144554/more-than-half-of-college-grads-underemployed.html

Guess who's making $16.81 an hour?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-57437967/guess-whos-making-$16.81-an-hour/

How Long Will Grads Be Stuck Working In Cafes, Restaurants, and Unpaid Internships?

http://www.nextnewdeal.net/how-long-will-grads-be-stuck-working-cafes-restaurants-and-unpaid-internships-0

mouse
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
I would tutor my own child since as a college grad I'd be capable of doing so :lol

You should have plenty of time when you get off at target.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM
You should have plenty of time when you get off at target.

Keep telling yourself that I'll be working at target when I graduate :lol, I know it makes you feel better about the fact you live in poverty.

Nbadan
11-23-2012, 12:54 AM
mob at Walmart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFnDTAt0IE&feature=player_embedded#!

Nbadan
11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
If your interested..

Part 1 out of 10 of a film about how the largest supermarket chain in the USA are being paid and begged to open new stores in towns, while they are abusing the American people. Wal-mart have been begged and paid to establish new stores in towns all over America. As soon as the store opens, local shops are forced to declare bankruptcy since they cannot compete with Wal-Marts prices. Employees are victims for racism, and lack of proper health insurance through the job. Wal-Mart wants to put the responsibility on MediCare in order for them to save money. The company don't care about the environment, and they care even less about the Chinese that make all lots of the goods you by for a cheap amount of money. They don't care about you as a customer. Once you have paid for your grocieries, you are left on your own. Security on the parking lot? Forget about it. It costs too much. Again, this is not a film that I have created, I just want the message to get to the people! Please look at the credits at the end of the film!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AgKG-f4Tw&feature=relmfu

Agloco
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM

Very true, but there are always exceptions to the rule. On the whole, I believe that the notion of "The American Dream" has been/is being perverted into exactly that, a dream. I'm particularly found of how people love to cite Bill Gates as a shining example of what that dream is all about. That's about as dumb as all the rap videos about bungalows, blunts, bitches, ballers, brandy and beer. One would do well to attain a modest house in the surbs with two kids, two cars and a picket fence nowadays.

I'm inclined to sympathize with anyone who argues for a wage befitting a breadwinner after putting in a full 40, particularly when that standard is marginal to begin with.

Wild Cobra
11-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Thing with a college degree, is there are still only so many jobs requiring it. We are at a point that we have an excess of college graduates in most fields.

clambake
11-23-2012, 11:17 AM
a wal-mart employee for 13 years gets a standard 40 cent raise a year.

wow.

TeyshaBlue
11-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Thing with a college degree, is there are still only so many jobs requiring it. We are at a point that we have an excess of college graduates in most fields.

Really? I don't think so. Got a cite for this?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Got a cite for this?

What do you think :lmao

mingus
11-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Am I supposed to feel sorry for these people? Give them what they want and validate their idiotic life decisions that have got them to where they are.

mouse
11-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Keep telling yourself that I'll be working at target when I graduate :lol, I know it makes you feel better about the fact you live in poverty.

when ever your ready.....
http://www.moneyinstructor.com/images/taxes/w2b.GIF

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I will post my first W-2 after I graduate (with personal info whited out), as long as you also post yours. Deal? In the meantime lets look your disgusting house

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-322/koriwhat-sucks.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-322/IMAG0095.jpg

:lmao:lmao

Agloco
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM

I find that the entry requirements for many career fields are tightening. Those that required a certification or diploma are now asking for a bachelors. Likewise for those that asked for a bachelors are now asking for a masters. In some instances, those that are masters perpared are now being cut off from higher management positions due to the fact that they don't have a doctorate.

I see this trend across many disciplines, not just science.

Agloco
11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
I will post my first W-2 after I graduate (with personal info whited out), as long as you also post yours. Deal? In the meantime lets look your disgusting house

Don't laugh. Somewhere in there is the answer to how old the universe really is.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Don't laugh. Somewhere in there is the answer to how old the universe really is.

You might even find the solution to the national deficit in there.

Wild Cobra
11-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I find that the entry requirements for many career fields are tightening. Those that required a certification or diploma are now asking for a bachelors. Likewise for those that asked for a bachelors are now asking for a masters. In some instances, those that are masters perpared are now being cut off from higher management positions due to the fact that they don't have a doctorate.

Part of the same problem. Education just isn't what it used to be. So many people willing to pay for an inadequate education.

DMX7
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM

Do you know what the unemployment rate is for those without college degrees and those with?

CosmicCowboy
11-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Do you know what the unemployment rate is for those without college degrees and those with?

I'm not saying I agree with WC but thats a loaded question. Lump the "don't wanna do a fucking thing" segment into the non-degree category and it definitely loads the numbers.

Wild Cobra
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm not saying I agree with WC but thats a loaded question. Lump the "don't wanna do a fucking thing" segment into the non-degree category and it definitely loads the numbers.
Don't forget the college educated who take the jobs not requiring college. Life is fucked up at times, and someone always gets the short end. There is no Utopia.

Jacob1983
11-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Wow, you guys are harsh as fuck on these people. You act like you're a million times better than them and basically come off like they should be killed or put in camps or something. Pathetic.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2012, 03:04 AM
Wow, you guys are harsh as fuck on these people. You act like you're a million times better than them and basically come off like they should be killed or put in camps or something. Pathetic.
LOL...

What was the percentage in the news? Wasn't it only 4% or 5% of the strikers, actually Walmart employees?

lakerhaterade
11-24-2012, 03:07 AM

:lmaoMouse

Jacob1983
11-24-2012, 03:09 AM
When I said "you", I was referring to those that bash the shit out of people that work in retail. If you think it's so easy and a piece of cake, step up and work some retail. Become a minion of a sweat shop and tell me how it makes you feel. Tell me how you enjoy having your nights and weekend taken from you. Tell me how you feel about having fellow co-workers that are not properly trained and get preferential treatment. Tell me how you feel about having a company tell you that they have an open door policy yet retaliate when you call them out on shit. It's not so funny when it's happening to you.

lakerhaterade
11-24-2012, 03:11 AM
"Hey! Hey! I went to MIT! You can't argue with me! How dare you?!"

Borat Sagyidev
11-24-2012, 03:13 AM

I find that the doctorate is secondary to the MBA for management. Essentially people who deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to

lakerhaterade
11-24-2012, 03:13 AM
When I said "you", I was referring to those that bash the shit out of people that work in retail. If you think it's so easy and a piece of cake, step up and work some retail. Become a minion of a sweat shop and tell me how it makes you feel. Tell me how you enjoy having your nights and weekend taken from you. Tell me how you feel about having fellow co-workers that are not properly trained and get preferential treatment. Tell me how you feel about having a company tell you that they have an open door policy yet retaliate when you call them out on shit. It's not so funny when it's happening to you.
Not our fault you majored in psychology and weren't able to use it.

Jacob1983
11-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Never said it was. If I could have done it differently, I would. I was ridiculously clueless, naive, and way too trusting of people when I was younger. I did not see how cruel this fucked up shitty world was until I got out of high school. I should write a book or perhaps an e-book since everyone is a lazy ass and no one reads actual books anymore.

Heath Ledger
11-24-2012, 06:25 AM
its just a big grocery store. Just because they employ a lot of people doesn't change the nature of what it is

Hello Captain Clueless....

howbouthemspurs
11-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I like shopping at walmart! It's like going to a foreign land every time! You see all different types of people! Ranging from the very poor to the somewhat wealthy, from the sane to the completely bat shit crazy, from the prostitots to the prostitutes, from the kindve good looking to what the fuck am I looking at, from the nice to the rude as a big fat overly proud black lady on her endless period. I believe a college degree is a necessity in today's job market. But it is also important to get a degree in something that is needed and productive to land a good job, like in healthcare or business.

mouse
11-24-2012, 11:21 PM

About time you admit I have the data.

mouse
11-24-2012, 11:56 PM
"Hey! Hey! I went to MIT! You can't argue with me! How dare you?!"

You have a quote of that statement?

boutons_deux
11-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Walmort as Scientology

============

anyone stumbling upon the Walmart careers website might be forgiven for thinking that Google had malfunctioned and directed them instead to the Scientologists, whose recruitment site features a collection of testimonials virtually indistinguishable in their tone of robotic devotion.

Over at "Walmart People," Lois Givens, Personnel Manager at store number 992 assures us: "If you live your whole entire life according to the Walmart culture and three basic beliefs, life becomes a lot easier." Shana Bailey, Director of Store Operations emotes: "To this day, I continue to grow and learn, and the Walmart family is always there for me every step of the way," while Patricia Graham of the Distribution Centers adds: " Walmart is my Life (capitalization her own). When I think about it, it's amazing how many aspects of my life are touched and made better by Walmart."

For those of us whose lives have yet to be touched by the transformative miracle of the out of town superstore, these testimonials may seem a little excessive. But these are not rogue sycophants in the company ranks. According to Michael Bergdahl, former "Director of People" for Walmart's Headquarters, and now an international speaker and consultant on the company's practices, the creation of "cult-like commitment" and devotion to the so called "Walmart Way" among its employees is the explicit aim of the company's intensive staff training program for new recruits. And lest employees forget what they have learned on the course, loyalty is reinforced daily in stores with the "Walmart cheer," a compulsory devotional chant.

Once they have whipped their staff into a frenzy of corporate sycophancy, employers are increasingly expecting them to turn their whole selves over to the company's message and aims, and are employing a range of sophisticated psychological and practical techniques to achieve this.

Human Resources philosophers have ditched the mantra "work life balance" for the more sinister (and employer friendly) "work life integration."

Corporations now aim to identify and satisfy employees' emotional needs as well as their financial ones. Major white collar employers such as UBS, American Express, KPMG and the law firm Goodwin Proctor have instituted "happiness training" for staff, drawing on a combination of psychological research and ancient religious traditions.

Starbucks ("we're called partners because it's not just a job, it's our passion") lost in Federal Court after being accused of illegal union busting efforts and firing baristas for union activities.

White collar workers are affected by this trend too, with punishingly long hours at no extra pay now the norm. The average American employee spends a staggering month longer on the job each year than their 1969 counterpart and vast swathes of companies including Bank of America, Starbucks and IBM have been implicated in lawsuits for failing to pay their office staff appropriate overtime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ruth-whippman/how-corporate-america-is-_b_2171040.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

All the Walmort protesting "associaites" need is more washing of their brains and destruction of their lives, then they'll Whistle While They Work at shit jobs for shit pay.

Wild Cobra
11-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Boutons...

Are you a Walmart Striker?

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Will you guys quit bitching about the Waltons? They are just ordinary folks like us and do a lot of good things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/arts/design/alice-walton-on-her-crystal-bridges-museum-of-american-art.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1347885794-DLXXyTgul4QAtb6jM5EEOg&

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Will you guys quit bitching about the Waltons? They are just ordinary folks like us and do a lot of good things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/arts/design/alice-walton-on-her-crystal-bridges-museum-of-american-art.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1347885794-DLXXyTgul4QAtb6jM5EEOg&
lol being a plumber > being an i-banker

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 11:21 AM
lol being a plumber > being an i-banker

LOL @ you not being shit yet, mamas boy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
LOL @ you not being shit yet, mamas boy.

LOL @ inheriting daddeh's fortune and calling someone a mama's boy
LOL @ seriously trying to argue I woulda been better off being a plumber

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 11:27 AM
LOL @ you in 20 years cubicle boy.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XZ5IaqRAqlc/UBunuVXI-lI/AAAAAAAACTY/x-CRBnlNqqY/s1600/office-space.jpg&sa=X&ei=gEayUIfZAsrC2QXlj4DYBQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGv0JbKW-LxwtSxgXsGmz54Vr-LWA

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 11:30 AM
BTW, no daddys fortune cubicle boy. I support my elderly parents.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 11:33 AM
:lol more conjecture based off nothing
:lol inheriting a fortune and acting like you're completely self made
:lol born on 3rd base thinking you hit a triple
:lol me already receiving a job offer for more than what the median "senior plumber" makes
:lol using elementary insults like cubicle boy and mama's boy because you've ran out of retarded arguments to make about me being a plumber

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
BTW, no daddys fortune cubicle boy. I support my elderly parents.

:lol what happened to your argument about me being better off as a plumber? It seems to have disappeared.

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
You are the one that started the smack this morning cubicle boy. And you haven't accomplished shit yet. I'm not sure where you get the big head from.

And yeah, a smart, energetic plumber has a much beter chance of being an entrepreneur millionaire than a stuck in midlevel corporate cubicle boy.

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 11:43 AM
:lol what happened to your argument about me being better off as a plumber? It seems to have disappeared.

I find your disdain for plumbers, electricians, etc. to be disgusting. If you ever make enough as a college educated cubicle boy to buy a house I hope the tradesmen you have to hire to work on it stick it straight up your ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 12:08 PM
You are the one that started the smack this morning cubicle boy.
I made fun of your retarded argument that I'll be less successful as a double major in accounting/finance than I would have been as a plumber :lol

And you haven't accomplished shit yet. I'm not sure where you get the big head from.
Me thinking I'll be better off than most plumbers doesn't mean I have a big head :lol

And yeah, a smart, energetic plumber has a much beter chance of being an entrepreneur millionaire than a stuck in midlevel corporate cubicle boy.
So an elite plumber will be more successful than an average "cubicle boy". No shit. Funny how your argument changes.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I find your disdain for plumbers, electricians, etc. to be disgusting.

:lol so now it's about how I don't appreciate the blue collar working class.

My disdain is for dumbasses like mouse who think having a college education is counter-productive.

You obviously also disagree with mouse, seeing that you decided to get a college education (that you conveniently dismissed in this thread in order to help your argument).

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 12:18 PM
For someone who allegedly has a business degree your arrogance and ignorance about how the world works is appalling.

It's not about bring good at turning wrenches and working by the hour, it's about knowing how to turn wrenches but hiring other people that turn wrenches and your job is to just keep work in front of them.

The leap from plumber to millionaire entrepreneur is much easier and more common than the leap from cubicle boy to Gordon Gekko.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
So I could just as easily manage a plumbing business with my degree as I could with a plumbers' license :lol

You're not helping your argument :lol

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
:lol so now it's about how I don't appreciate the blue collar working class.

My disdain is for dumbasses like mouse who think having a college education is counter-productive.

You obviously also disagree with mouse, seeing that you decided to get a college education (that you conveniently dismissed in this thread in order to help your argument).

Well, my degree was in the more blue collar major of a hybrid architecture/civil engineering but then I was always a wrench turner at heart and not an effete college snob.

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
So I could just as easily manage a plumbing business with my degree as I could with a plumbers' license :lol

You're not helping your argument :lol

My guys wouldn't do shit for a college snob like you.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
So, just wondering, why is DoK saying you cam from money CC? Is that true, regardless of whether you are self-made or not? Just curious.

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 12:37 PM
So, just wondering, why is DoK saying you cam from money CC? Is that true, regardless of whether you are self-made or not? Just curious.

He just pulled that out of his ass. My parents were very much middle class and I worked my way through college doing technical manual labor like working for an air conditioning company and framing houses. I currently give my elderly parents a $2500 a month "paycheck" to supplement their social security. Just more DoK bullshit.

CosmicCowboy
11-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Just to be clear, my parent's aren't "poor". Like most middle class folks of their generation they never spent everything they made and had some retirement investments/savings but they are in their 90's and I supplement their savings/income so they can stay in their house and bring a full time lady in to help my mom.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Cool CC, was just curious. :tu

boutons_deux
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
plumbers avg about $40K/year. they charge a lot but it seems they don't get to charge a lot every day.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM

My guys wouldn't do shit for a college snob like you.

:lol thinking I need plumbers to do anything for me

:lol "my guys"

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2012, 07:55 AM
:lol arrogant cubicle boy

Drachen
11-26-2012, 09:38 AM
FWIW, I went to walmart to pick up an extension cord yesterday and the cashier with whom I checked out is in college and will graduate next December.

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2012, 07:31 PM
FWIW, I went to walmart to pick up an extension cord yesterday and the cashier with whom I checked out is in college and will graduate next December.

And that cashier was probably really glad to have that job. Funny how the ones "working their way up" don't mind working that "menial" job.

Of course there are always the DoK's that think they are hot shit getting a degree on mommy and daddy's dime that sneer at us lesser people that don't have our very own cubicle when we graduate.

mouse
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Then its off to Target?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm definitely hotter shit than the median senior plumber, and that's indicated by a job that's already been offered to me paying more than the average senior plumber makes :lol

The last time my job wasn't related to my major was my sophomore year, if you're still working at Wal-mart when you're about to graduate then your major is worthless.

:lmao still making cubicle and mommy and daddy jokes after your "plumber > investment banker" argument
:lmao implying that working at Wal-mart beats having an office job

mouse
11-26-2012, 07:47 PM

Mr. High and mighty who makes more money.

http://a2zdemolink.info/ace/images/teacher.gif

or

http://www.texas-ec.org/MS/LC/images/AdvancedPoleClimbing004_000.jpg

LnGrrrR
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Choice C, an airport security guard, what do I win?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Mr. High and mighty who makes more money.

http://a2zdemolink.info/ace/images/teacher.gif

or

http://www.texas-ec.org/MS/LC/images/AdvancedPoleClimbing004_000.jpg
Depends on countless things. Not sure how that's relevant since no one in this thread plans on being/is a teacher.

Clipper Nation
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Holy shit, you people have a fucked up view of the world.... on what planet is a plumbing job superior to a banking job? :lol

CosmicCowboy
11-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm definitely hotter shit than the median senior plumber, and that's indicated by a job that's already been offered to me paying more than the average senior plumber makes :lol

The last time my job wasn't related to my major was my sophomore year, if you're still working at Wal-mart when you're about to graduate then your major is worthless.

:lmao still making cubicle and mommy and daddy jokes after your "plumber > investment banker" argument

You really are dense if you can't follow the simple case I made.

You think that because you got offered a entry level job making 55K you are hot shit. I get that. I'm actually not dissing that career path. I have friends that chose that path that are my age making 100K a year and they have a 401K for retirement. Nothing wrong with that option. You will go up to your eyeballs in debt buying the 3 series BMW and the suits you know you shouldn't buy trying to look like you belong. It is what it is.

I'm saying that for every one of you there will be 5 guys your same age that start their own business in one of the major trades and beat you to being a millionaire. They will buy an old truck, get clients, hire a new guy, get more clients, buy more old trucks, hire more guys, and next thing you know they are billing 100K a month and buying property to expand while you are snubbing your nose at them as you pass them on the freeway with your shiny underwater BMW and their shitty old trucks that are paid off.

Most of those in Texas will be Mexicans. Yeah, I know...you look down on them too...

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2012, 08:11 PM
You really are dense if you can't follow the simple case I made.

You think that because you got offered a entry level job making 55K you are hot shit. I get that.
The entry level job I've been offered is more than what the mediansenior plumber makes. That doesn't mean I'm hot shit, I keep mentioning it as a response to the plumber vs. college grad argument. It's not like I'm expecting you of all people to be impressed by a 55k salary. I'm mentioning it due to the subject of the thread

I'm actually not dissing that career path. I have friends that chose that path that are my age making 100K a year and they have a 401K for retirement. Nothing wrong with that option. You will go up to your eyeballs in debt buying the 3 series BMW and the suits you know you shouldn't buy trying to look like you belong. It is what it is.
I'm Jewish and stingy as hell. I regularly get made fun of for how little money I spend. I'm also starting my career (most likely) in a West Coast city where the attire is business casual and I'll need to own probably 5 suits or so.

I'm saying that for every one of you there will be 5 guys your same age that start their own business in one of the major trades and beat you to being a millionaire. They will buy an old truck, get clients, hire a new guy, get more clients, buy more old trucks, hire more guys, and next thing you know they are billing 100K a month and buying property to expand while you are snubbing your nose at them as you pass them on the freeway with your shiny underwater BMW and their shitty old that trucks are paid off.
1) I know it's the stereotype and all, but I don't plan on taking out a loan to buy a car like a lot of people in my situation do. It's a dumb idea and I've had family members tell me it's dumb to go underwater buying a car my whole life.
2) You're exagerrating how many people successfully do what you described. There are also tons of CPAs who work for a few years then open their own dumpy low cost office where they make bank doing people's taxes 6 months every year then take the rest of the year off. It's not like I don't have an avenue to start my own business.

mouse
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm Jewish

Why not open a Jewelery shop?

mouse
11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Depends on countless things. Not sure how that's relevant since no one in this thread plans on being/is a teacher.

Admitting to being an oven dodger I figured you would dodge the question

Spurminator
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Look at all the badass non-Walmart workers up in this thread.

Spurminator
11-26-2012, 09:05 PM
What's wrong with these losers? They should find better employment.

Wait... I spoke too soon... My bad... This is the best job these losers can find...

I mean, I have to ask... What is it about this strike that inspires such a hostile emotional reaction from you? Do you work at Walmart?

I don't work at Walmart either, and I hopefully never will, but I don't get the outrage here from Walmart fans. Obviously there's nothing forcing them to work at Walmart, but it's also not illegal, last I checked, to unite to criticize an employer for what they perceive as mistreatment.

At many offices, employees are given the opportunity to give feedback on the company and their management. If there's a lousy manager running things, he's going to get a lot of bad feedback. Would you tell those people to leave if they don't like the conditions? Would you call them losers?

It's just funny to watch you guys rally behind whoever you're told to rally behind. If you truly don't give a shit, this isn't exactly how you'd respond.

Wild Cobra
11-27-2012, 03:22 AM
I mean, I have to ask... What is it about this strike that inspires such a hostile emotional reaction from you? Do you work at Walmart?

Hostile, no. It's just so laughable. Besides, very few of the strikers were Walmart employees. They are probably union workers from supermarket competition. Do the Walmart people have anything to bargain with?

I don't work at Walmart either, and I hopefully never will, but I don't get the outrage here from Walmart fans.
I'm not a fan of Walmart any more than any other store, other than them having reasonable prices. I hear this ignorant talk of going to unionized stores to support the union workers. You know what. I would do so if they had reasonable prices. My grocery goods are any where from 30% more to 50% or more at other supermarkets. Yes, they are union. However, there is no way that a union wage and benefits can justify that much more cost for the same product.

V-8 Fusion for example. $2.98 at Walmart. $4.69 at Fred Meyers or Safeway. I'm sorry, the math just doesn't fly.

Obviously there's nothing forcing them to work at Walmart, but it's also not illegal, last I checked, to unite to criticize an employer for what they perceive as mistreatment.

Fine. Let the employees try to do just that. It will never happen in this economy. Think Walmart has any problem finding willing workers for the wages offered?

At many offices, employees are given the opportunity to give feedback on the company and their management. If there's a lousy manager running things, he's going to get a lot of bad feedback. Would you tell those people to leave if they don't like the conditions? Would you call them losers?

The losers are the ones who think they are better than they are. If they are worth more, then find a job that will pay more!

It's just funny to watch you guys rally behind whoever you're told to rally behind. If you truly don't give a shit, this isn't exactly how you'd respond.
I missed that. I didn't hear any one tell me to rally around anyone. Your ignorant assumptions are very annoying.

Jacob1983
11-27-2012, 04:02 AM
I'd fix toilets and mine coal any day. Doing that shit pays way more than sweat shops yet people still look down on plumbers and coal miners.

Wild Cobra
11-27-2012, 04:47 AM
I'd fix toilets and mine coal any day. Doing that shit pays way more than sweat shops yet people still look down on plumbers and coal miners.
Coal miners cause global warming.

Jacob1983
11-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Tommy Lee Jones said it best in The Fugitive "I DON'T CARE".

DarrinS
11-27-2012, 07:31 AM

It's obvious from reading your posts in this thread that they don't teach humility in college. Why are you so concerned that your job is "superior" to a blue collar career? Are you that insecure? After the last several years, investment bankers are held in the same high regard as personal injury lawyers. Will you make money? Sure, but you will still be a douchebag -- given your attitude, you will fit right in.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 07:36 AM
It's obvious from reading your posts in this thread that they don't teach humility in college. Why are you so concerned that your job is "superior" to a blue collar career?
Because that was the subject of the argument in this thread. I didn't bring up how "superior" my job was until mouse started spamming this thread with his crap about how college is a bad thing.

Homeland Security
11-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm Jewish.You're not merely Jewish; you're one of those negative-stereotype Jews that anti-Semitic Muslim cartoonists draw.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 09:27 AM
You're not merely Jewish; you're one of those negative-stereotype Jews that anti-Semitic Muslim cartoonists draw.

Homeland Security
11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
You should totally go buy an Uncle Sam doll, put a leash on it, and keep it on your desk. That would be a great conversation starter.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
You should totally go buy an Uncle Sam doll, put a leash on it, and keep it on your desk. That would be a great conversation starter.

Since he's just as much of an Israel puppet as any other president (even though the hardcore zionists say he's mean to Israel), I would put a leash on an Obamadoll, but then some asshole would walk by my desk, not get the joke, and call me racist.

RandomGuy
11-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Since he's just as much of an Israel puppet as any other president (even though the hardcore zionists say he's mean to Israel), I would put a leash on an Obamadoll, but then some asshole would walk by my desk, not get the joke, and call me racist.

(cringes)

Probably.

I agree though about the power of the Zionist lobby though. They push the needle in US policy to ends at times that are inimical to US interests. I'm not one of the "big jewish conspiracy" types, but the power of the pro-Israeli lobby is fairly obvious. Especially given that Evangelicals need a jewish state for their predicted Second Coming to happen. But that is another conversation entirely.

boutons_deux
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
the 2nd Coming/End Times fools NEED Israel to be there, not the Jews specifically, whom the "Christian" EndTimers don't care about because they aren't Christians.

The Jews defending Israel are simply a means to that EndTime GTG.

mouse
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I always thought Jews were educated people that speak well.

Lets see if the oven dodger answers this time...

who makes more money...

Investment Banker with 4 years of college?

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a01/v4/a2/find-investment-banking-jobs-800x800.jpg

or

Airline engine mechanic

http://files.gereports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mechanics.jpg

Spurminator
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Fine. Let the employees try to do just that.

That's what I'm saying.

The losers are the ones who think they are better than they are. If they are worth more, then find a job that will pay more!

Many people would prefer to try to improve their current job status before going to look for a new one. There's nothing wrong with that. Unless you believe that a company's leadership is always right when it comes to human resources.

It's very easy to squeeze more work for less pay from your employees if they do nothing to push back, and most publicly traded companies are going to do that by nature.

I missed that. I didn't hear any one tell me to rally around anyone. Your ignorant assumptions are very annoying.

You're part of the mindless horde that partisan media relies on to amplify whatever controversy they've chosen to be the story of the week.

I don't have to assume anything. The predictability of your opinion on any topic speaks volumes.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I always thought Jews were educated people that speak well.

Lets see if the oven dodger answers this time...

who makes more money...

Investment Banker with 4 years of college?

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a01/v4/a2/find-investment-banking-jobs-800x800.jpg

or

Airline engine mechanic

http://files.gereports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mechanics.jpg

:lmao seriously? An investment banker makes more money.

boutons_deux
11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Wall Street Average Salary Is $363,000, Even In Time Of 'Transition And Volatility'
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/wall-street-average-salary_n_1952352.html?view=print&comm_ref=false)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/wall-street-average-salary_n_1952352.html

:lol the rodent pissing on college education. Didn't a college education provide mouse with a comfortable middle class life?

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:08 PM
http://wrytestuff.com/UserImages/188509/tron-cubicles.jpg

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
An aircraft mechanic typically earns an hourly wage $36 an hour as a mechanic for a major airline. Mechanics that work on jet airliners for a major airline and mechanics who have attended an aviation maintenance school earn higher starting wages.

Investment Banker Salaries Figures in New York

First year analyst base is $70,000

2 out of every 10 investment bankers lands a good job

9 out of 10 Aircraft mechanics find a good job.

Do the math.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm Jewish and stingy as hell. I regularly get made fun of for how little money I spend.in a west coast city where the attire is business casual and I'll need to own probably 5 suits or so.

BTW, 55K ain't shit in California. My son pays $3500 a month rent in LA for a 1000sf apt in a good neighborhood.

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Wall Street Average Salary Is $363,000, Even In Time Of 'Transition And Volatility'
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/wall-street-average-salary_n_1952352.html?view=print&comm_ref=false)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/wall-street-average-salary_n_1952352.html

:lol the rodent pissing on college education. Didn't a college education provide mouse with a comfortable middle class life?

How many people you know went to college that work at wall st?

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/Insects/Field%20Cricket/fldcrckt.gif

If your going to pull out the wall st card I can pull out the NASA card.

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:16 PM
http://wrytestuff.com/UserImages/188509/tron-cubicles.jpg

somewhere in that sea of cubicles a butt hurt Phoenix Suns fans post at ST.

Homeland Security
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
(cringes)
I agree though about the power of the Zionist lobby though. They push the needle in US policy to ends at times that are inimical to US interests. I'm not one of the "big jewish conspiracy" types, but the power of the pro-Israeli lobby is fairly obvious. Especially given that Evangelicals need a jewish state for their predicted Second Coming to happen. But that is another conversation entirely.I suspect the relationship between the U.S. and Israel is not simply bilateral, and that the $2 billion buys some influence that third parties are interested in the U.S. having. There is a reason the National Union wants Israel to wean itself off U.S. aid.

The relationship between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu is much more complex than the media, especially the right-wing media, lets on. True, they can't stand one another. But under Obama, collaboration between the two countries in several areas has become closer than ever before. Obama doesnt do this because he just super-loves Israel, but he understands the importance of U.S. influence over Israel for stability in the region, and the necessity of relative stability in the region for the well-being of the U.S.'s closest economic partners.

I believe that absent U.S. pressure, Israel would have absolutely no use for the peace process, and would simply execute an ethnic cleansing campaign in the West Bank and Gaza, coupled with re-occupation of the Sinai and souther Lebanon, and further mobilization in the Golan Heights. This would have massive repercussions in the region and destabilize the oil sheikdoms.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
An aircraft mechanic typically earns an hourly wage $36 an hour as a mechanic for a major airline. Mechanics that work on jet airliners for a major airline and mechanics who have attended an aviation maintenance school earn higher starting wages.

Investment Banker Salaries Figures in New York

First year analyst base is $70,000

2 out of every 10 investment bankers lands a good job

9 out of 10 Aircraft mechanics find a good job.

Do the math.
:lmao no links whatsoever to back this up
:lmao 2 out of 10 and 9 out of 10
:lmao "Do the math" with figures I pulled out of thin air

The bottom-of-the-barrel base is $70,000 as in what you make before bonus. You're not familiar with how investment banking salaries are structured at all if you think the base salary is what matters.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:20 PM
BTW, 55K ain't shit in California. My son pays $3500 a month rent in LA for a 1000sf apt in a good neighborhood.
The 55k job isn't in California. I'm most likely gonna start working in Salt Lake which has extremely low living expenses.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
The 55k job isn't in California. I'm most likely gonna start working in Salt Lake which has extremely low living expenses.

Salt Lake was nice last time I went skiing there. when did they move it to the West Coast?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Salt Lake was nice last time I went skiing there. when did they move it to the West Coast?

:lol cool now the argument is moving over to semantics

Everyone I know uses the term West Coast loosely, like any state that has a school in the Pac-12.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:28 PM
It's no wonder the economy is fucked up when finance/accounting majors thing Salt Lake city is on the west coast.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:34 PM
It's no wonder the economy is fucked up when finance/accounting majors thing Salt Lake city is on the west coast.

:lmao thinking you found some great zinger as if the term "West Coast" is used literally

Go check the NCAA basketball standings next time you get the chance. When you find BYU, let me know the name of the conference they're in.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:35 PM
:lmao thinking you found some great zinger as if the term "West Coast" is used literally

Go check the NCAA basketball standings next time you get the chance. When you find BYU, let me know the name of the conference they're in.

So is College Station on the east coast since they play in the SEC?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM

You obviously haven't checked yet or else you wouldn't have said this (BYU isn't in the Pac-12 if that's what you're thinking, UofU is the Pac-12 school. BYU is a different conference).

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:41 PM
You obviously haven't checked yet or else you wouldn't have said this (BYU isn't in the Pac-12 if that's what you're thinking, UofU is the Pac-12 school. BYU is a different conference).

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You honestly think I was going to run over to NCAA basketball standings and look up BYU just because some snot nosed cubicle boy told me to? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
:lmao no links whatsoever to back this up
:lmao 2 out of 10 and 9 out of 10
:lmao "Do the math" with figures I pulled out of thin air

The bottom-of-the-barrel base is $70,000 as in what you make before bonus. You're not familiar with how investment banking salaries are structured at all if you think the base salary is what matters.

psssssst!

were waiting.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/restyler/restyler0903/restyler090300040/4570734-business-metal-pen-on-w-2-tax-form.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You honestly think I was going to run over to NCAA basketball standings and look up BYU just because some snot nosed cubicle boy told me to? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Seeing how seriously you take the usage of the term West Coast, yeah, I did. It seems very important to you to establish rules regarding when the term west coast can be used.

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VlSCAB0yfC4/TgDQClfpZDI/AAAAAAAADOs/27MHGrpkmfQ/s1600/unemployment-grads-cartoon.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:46 PM

To answer this question, if a team in Texas played in a conference called the "East Coast Conference" (which obviously isn't and won't be the case), then yeah I might.

mouse
11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Lets skip to 5 years from now....

Yo mouse they still hiring at the airport?

http://media.portlandpulp.com/images/homeel.jpg

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Seeing how seriously you take the usage of the term West Coast, yeah, I did. It seems very important to you to establish rules regarding when the term west coast can be used.

I find it hilarious how you will defend the most fucked up positions. Coast implies water. As in "coastal"...Being in the mountains 700 miles from the water is not "coast" by anyone's definition except for one arrogant snotty nose cubicle boy.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-27-2012, 02:57 PM

You should be more explicit in demonstrating that you completely miss the point. It's only completely obvious at this point.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:58 PM

I find it hilarious how you will defend the most fucked up positions. Coast implies water. As in "coastal"...Being in the mountains 700 miles from the water is not "coast" by anyone's definition except for one arrogant snotty nose cubicle boy.
:lol thinking usage of the term "West Coast" is taking a position.

The commissioner of the West Coast conference seems to share my opinion.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/standings/_/id/29/year/2013/west-coast-conference

You better let him know how stupid he looks for BYU being in the West Coast Conference :lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
You should be more explicit in demonstrating that you completely miss the point. It's only completely obvious at this point.

He doesn't miss the point at all. He found a random tangent to steer the argument to because the original argument wasn't going anywhere. He's deliberately being obtuse when he knows full well people use the term "west coast" loosely and not literally.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
LOL @ fuzzynuts, the village idiot tag teaming for DoK.

Drachen
11-27-2012, 03:03 PM
He doesn't miss the point at all. He found a random tangent to steer the argument to because the original argument wasn't going anywhere. He's deliberately being obtuse when he knows full well people use the term "west coast" loosely and not literally.

I'll be honest with you, I have never heard anyone use "west coast" to describe anything other than the west coast states (and maybe AZ). I guess I will just chalk that up to ignorance though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I'll be honest with you, I have never heard anyone use "west coast" to describe anything other than the west coast states (and maybe AZ). I guess I will just chalk that up to ignorance though.

But AZ isn't on the coast! Why would someone refer to it as West Coast when it's not Coastal!?!?!?!?!?!

This is why the economy sucks!

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Tbh, I find that if I'm ever in agreement with mouse on a position, I seriously have to rethink my stance. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM

I am talking about the point of geography versus the subject at hand and you bringing up the makeup of NCAA conferences. I think you give him far too much credit. I get the impression that the only thing he is good at is taking advantage of an unfair position and not much else. Abstract and critical thinking have never been demonstrated on his part. At least not a to a significant degree.

I know what he is doing and he knows he is not winning the argument because he has resorted to his typical lame posturing. That much is obvious.

Drachen
11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Maybe because it is only one state removed?

So are Montana, Idaho, and Nevada also referred to as West Coast?

I know it sounds like it from your point of view and you kinda have a history of being a bit hot, so let me say that the above was not meant to be sarcastic... serious question.

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
I suspect the relationship between the U.S. and Israel is not simply bilateral, and that the $2 billion buys some influence that third parties are interested in the U.S. having. There is a reason the National Union wants Israel to wean itself off U.S. aid.

The relationship between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu is much more complex than the media, especially the right-wing media, lets on. True, they can't stand one another. But under Obama, collaboration between the two countries in several areas has become closer than ever before. Obama doesnt do this because he just super-loves Israel, but he understands the importance of U.S. influence over Israel for stability in the region, and the necessity of relative stability in the region for the well-being of the U.S.'s closest economic partners.

I believe that absent U.S. pressure, Israel would have absolutely no use for the peace process, and would simply execute an ethnic cleansing campaign in the West Bank and Gaza, coupled with re-occupation of the Sinai and souther Lebanon, and further mobilization in the Golan Heights. This would have massive repercussions in the region and destabilize the oil sheikdoms.

That'd be awesome. Then all the terrorists that hate us would focus on destroying Israel.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM

I know it sounds like it from your point of view and you kinda have a history of being a bit hot, so let me say that the above was not meant to be sarcastic... serious question.

Actually, Utah is 2 states removed. Nevada is between Utah and California. Wyoming, Montana and New Mexico must also be coastal states in DoK's world since they are 2 states removed as well.

mouse
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Tbh, I find that if I'm ever in agreement with mouse on a position, I seriously have to rethink my stance. Thankfully it doesn't happen that often.

Keep searching.

http://www.imperfectenjoyment.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dog.jpg

mouse
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
He's deliberately being obtuse .

oh shit maybe you do go to college,

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM

(This conversation has gotten dumb, but here goes).

I've heard Nevada referred to as West Coast, not the other two (but I also haven't had very many conversations involving Montana or Idaho :lol). Like I said, the term isn't used literally at all, at least in AZ. For whatever reason the term West Coast is used when Southwest would make more sense for Nevada or Arizona. A lot of it probably has to do with people associating SW with desert, NW with snow and mountains, so a state like Arizona or Utah that has a lot of desert but also a lot of mountains and skiing isn't universally labeled as NW or SW so people lazily call it West Coast.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
On further thought, in DoK's world Colorado, Kansas and Missouri and Kentucky are also coastal states since they are only 2 states removed from the Gulf of Mexico. And Ohio is coastal because it's 2 states removed from the Atlantic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
On further thought, in DoK's world Colorado, Kansas and Missouri and Kentucky are also coastal states since they are only 2 states removed from the Gulf of Mexico. And Ohio is coastal because it's 2 states removed from the Atlantic.

This is the world of the West Coast basketball conference too, right? They clearly don't have a problem associating Utah with the "West Coast" label.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
(This conversation has gotten dumb, but here goes).

I've heard Nevada referred to as West Coast, not the other two (but I also haven't had very many conversations involving Montana or Idaho :lol). Like I said, the term isn't used literally at all, at least in AZ. For whatever reason the term West Coast is used when Southwest would make more sense for Nevada or Arizona. A lot of it probably has to do with people associating SW with desert, NW with snow and mountains, so a state like Arizona or Utah that has a lot of desert but also a lot of mountains and skiing isn't universally labeled as NW or SW so people lazily call it West Coast.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Drachen
11-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Actually, Utah is 2 states removed. Nevada is between Utah and California. Wyoming, Montana and New Mexico must also be coastal states in DoK's world since they are 2 states removed as well.

I was responding to his question about why include AZ since it isn't on the coast.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-27-2012, 03:24 PM
It's gotten really stupid. Is anyone going to try and broach the subject of whether or not grouping the regions together in terms of the subject at hand ie employment makes sense? Or are you going to allow CC to mire the thread in WC style stupidity by arguing semantics?

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
This is the world of the West Coast basketball conference too, right? They clearly don't have a problem associating Utah with the "West Coast" label.

:lmao @ trying to justify a major geographical fuckup by relying on basketball conferences.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
It's gotten really stupid. Is anyone going to try and broach the subject of whether or not grouping the regions together in terms of the subject at hand ie employment makes sense? Or are you going to allow CC to mire the thread in WC style stupidity by arguing semantics?
I'm kind of entertained by it. I'm beginning to think he might actually be this obtuse.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
:lmao @ trying to justify a major geographical fuckup by relying on basketball conferences.

Geographical fuckup? You seriously think that I thought Utah was a coastal state.......wow :lol

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Geographical fuckup? You seriously think that I thought Utah was a coastal state.......wow :lol

:lmao you have been defending it for two pages.

CosmicCowboy
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
:lmao @ "all my friends call Utah west coast"