PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on?

McGusto55
11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Are the clippers that good ..or are we that bad?

ace3g
11-19-2012, 10:43 PM
missing 2 of your better players doesn't help

DejuanorwhatDude
11-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Spurs ain't winning shit this year. Or for a long time. They're soft and way too dependent on the three ball falling.

jestersmash
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
As usual, the answer is probably "some combination of the two."

Paranoid Pop
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
We suck tbh, the Clips are better at monkeyball than we're at classyball right now.

McGusto55
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
If this game dosent shoe pop we need kmart..then were nevet getting help for tim..i know its early but this feel like this is gonna be all year..gettin beat inside..

freetiago
11-19-2012, 11:08 PM
pop going small all the time and the team letting turiaf/barnes/bledsoe get offensive rebounds it was sealed the game

Spurs Brazil
11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
pop going small all the time and the team letting turiaf/barnes/bledsoe get offensive rebounds it was sealed the game

Barnes and Turiaf got those boards against our 'bigs' who play small, Tiago and Diaw

justinandimcool
11-19-2012, 11:11 PM
small ball was bad, Neal playing in the 4th was bad, but Tiago was vomit-inducing on the boards and on defense. doghouse-worthy performance. I really can't bear the thought of him playing big minutes in the playoffs after tonight. Turiaf and Hollins looked amazing compared to him.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-19-2012, 11:11 PM
A combination of injuries, playing out of sync and splitter and diaw playing like absolute shtt tbh

crc21209
11-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Our 2 SF's missing and this guy asks "Whats wrong?" Come on now guy...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Clips are the nemesis team for us this year. You heard it here first.

DesignatedT
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Well first off, Our two best perimeter defenders were out of a game that came down to getting stops in the half-court.

DesignatedT
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Clips are the nemesis team for us this year. You heard it here first.

Yeah I think people are starting to realize this. With that added scoring they have off the bench, they are a much better team than last season. Jordan and Griffin are getting better by the year as well and they are just too big and athletic for us down there.

Richie
11-19-2012, 11:18 PM
We rely on Leonard and Jax for defensive rebounding in the second unit. They're out so Turiaf went off in the 4th with 3 consecutive offensive boards and a few good hustle plays to get them extra possessions.

No Timmy no rebounding, the same as it's been for years.

Richie
11-19-2012, 11:19 PM
But lets be honest, if this were a playoff game we would have hacked Griffin and Jordan and probably won it at the end

Sean Cagney
11-19-2012, 11:22 PM
We rely on Leonard and Jax for defensive rebounding in the second unit. They're out so Turiaf went off in the 4th with 3 consecutive offensive boards and a few good hustle plays to get them extra possessions.

No Timmy no rebounding, the same as it's been for years.

YEP and they still have not done a damn thing to fix that problem so.....

McGusto55
11-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Even with a full lineup we lost In LA..

DesignatedT
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Revenge game that was. We had no shot from the tip.

rascal
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
We suck tbh, the Clips are better at monkeyball than we're at classyball right now.
Overall the Spurs lack athleticism. It has been that way for years. They are also too small and soft on the frontline. You can generally win in the regular season shooting good % on 3s and not having a strong frontline but come the playoffs that won't work against bigger, younger, more athletic teams.

swaggerjackson
11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't think it is time to blow up. We were missing all of our small forwards after the first quarter, and the Clippers were clearly more motivated to win this. The got more than their fare share of chickenshit calls, and it came down to the final minute. And yes if Pop was trying to win, then playing the De Colo, Mills, Diaw, etc lineup in the 2nd was a bad idea, but i think this was a learning experience for them. Pop is probably just playing with lineups and trying to teach the new guys how to fight through. Phil Jackson did the very same thing throughout his career. It is better that this happen now than later in the year.

rascal
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Tyson Chandler had too many easy dunks on alley-oop passes when the Spurs played the Knicks. The Spurs had no defensive pressure to stop that play when the Knicks ran it. Don't think the Lakers didn't see that and when Nash comes back look for the Nash to Howard dunk fest. I didn't see this game but i would think Griffin had a dunk fest against the soft Spur's bigs tonight.

DesignatedT
11-19-2012, 11:41 PM
I remember Griffin dunking once. He had some nice moves around the rim though.

Russo21
11-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Well we're missing jax and leonard. 2 very big losses.

And Diaw is playing his worst basketball i've seen him play. Averaging 2pts 2reb in his last 5 games. Playing like a fat little softy with no intentions of attacking. Diaw has gotta pull his finger out and start playing like a man or he can GTFO of San Antonio.

So with JAX and Leonard out and Diaw as good as out we're three important players down atm.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Even with a full lineup we lost In LA..

Don't really put to much stock into that game tbh spurs didn't even try when they were in LA

Spurs4#5
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
I think a lot of y'all are way overreacting....it's game 11! Yes we're playing to win but I'm pretty sure pop is more concerned about finding out what works against this team than actually winning...clippers played us great during the regular season last year and look what happened in the playoffs...we swept them....start being concerned when gameb70 gets here and we're playing like crap....but till then....just enjoy it

Splits
11-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I think a lot of y'all are way overreacting....it's game 11!

No. Shit. If they finish with the same .727 winning percentage as they've started, it's a 1 seed. It might be a little early to start with the meltdowns. Denver, who we just clobbered, went into Memphis and won tonight. It's basically still the pre-season.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2012, 01:29 AM
spurs are nothing more than fools gold since last season

beating a injured clippers team in the playoffs, then gettin exposed by the thunder (i dont care even if its fluke shots they made, cause 2pts is 2pts)

this season every team improved their roster, while we stayed still and didnt address the rosters needs besides filling it up with more undersized wing players...

DejuanorwhatDude
11-20-2012, 01:45 AM
We just lost to the same team twice in two weeks. On the road and at home. Pretty sure thats a good indicator of whos a bad matchup for us. The Clippers are the worst of both worlds; they have big men who are athletic and are starting to play good d. Not saying we can't beat them, but we'd have to pretty much play lights out for 4 games to do it.

Sean Cagney
11-20-2012, 01:51 AM
We just lost to the same team twice in two weeks. On the road and at home. Pretty sure thats a good indicator of whos a bad matchup for us. The Clippers are the worst of both worlds; they have big men who are athletic and are starting to play good d. Not saying we can't beat them, but we'd have to pretty much play lights out for 4 games to do it.

I remember this in 05 as well with the Sonics! They killed us the first two games and a horrible matchup! WE WON THE LAST TWO that year and then the playoffs in 6, yeah it was a TOUGH 6 but that bad matchup we saw with the Suns in 03 and Sonics in 05 turned out later in our favor and we won. It's early now, relax some people.

Stabula
11-20-2012, 01:57 AM
If I were a gambling man I'd bet a lot of money that come playoff time Griffin will be in a suit cheering on his team with another big injury. Book it.

Horse
11-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Did anyone on here even watch the game? Yeah we missed a ton of open shots and their luck chucks went in. But the refs carried out a personal vendetta against the spurs and their crowd. C'mon offensive foul on Manu and he was running away from barnes when they called it? Duncan trailing the play called for the foul when two clippers collide? All this and we still had a shot at the end, I'm sorry clips don't scare me.

Raven
11-20-2012, 10:33 AM
actually the thing i really didn't like was duncan slowing the offensive too much while looking for some next to impossible shots that obviously don't enter.. And blair creates too much confusion, i'd rather go with tony manu danny duncan diaw for the time being..

silverblk mystix
11-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Told you guys the clips were good and that they might be deeper than the spurs - before the first game they played. A few people were thinking and saying that the game would be an easy win for the spurs.
Clippers are good this season.
Grizzlies are good this season.

They both will be thorns in the side of the spurs.