PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl thread: UT v A&M?

Pages : [1] 2

Blake
11-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Seriously, do aggys really want this?

I know ut does. I know I do.

And if ut wins it..... the semen storm that rips across the lone star state, seeping some into Okie and louisiana would impregnate both hurricanes sandy and katrina in the same jac.

this has to happen. just has to.

thunderup
11-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Either UT or us. Either way it would be a good matchup. And I seriously think our line would have trouble containing Mr. Football.

Blake
11-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Fuck OU. Nobody gives a shit if the sooners play aggy.

This has to be horn v aggy

coyotes_geek
11-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I want the game. The Texas fans I talk to want the game. But I don't think Dodds & Mack want the game. Too much butthurt, too much to lose. The last thing those two want is to see A&M cap off their year by punking them in a bowl game, so I fully expect them to be little bitches about the whole thing and try to make sure A&M doesn't get the opportunity.

Getting beyond that for a second to actually look at the football matchup, Texas has one more opportunity against K-state to show me that they're something more than just the least mediocre team out of the bottom 8 in a very, very mediocre big 12. But right now, that's all I'm seeing from them. They got blasted by the only good team they've faced and have struggled against several other mediocre to outright bad teams.

On the other side of the ledger, yeah, A&M struggled with Mississippi and LaTech and lost two close ones to two really good teams in Florida and LSU. But they've got the huge win against Bama and pretty much blasted everyone else on their schedule.

A&M's offense is better than Texas' defense by a wide margin and Texas' offense isn't nearly explosive enough to score the amount of points they would need to win. I'll still reserve final judgement until seeing Texas/K-state, but I sure haven't seen anything that makes me think that A&M would have much trouble with Texas.

stretch
11-20-2012, 11:07 PM
A&M's offense is better than Texas' defense by a wide margin and Texas' offense isn't nearly explosive enough to score the amount of points they would need to win.

This is pretty much the exact same things aggie fan said last year, and the crappy McCoy tapped that ass.

stretch
11-20-2012, 11:13 PM
jokes and trash talk aside, I think its a 50/50 game. either team has a solid shot to win. If Aggy wins, they probably win in a blowout, while Texas probably wins a close game, due to the different styles of play. Aggy is more explosive and big play oriented, while Texas chips away at teams with occasional shots downfield off of playaction.

probably a shootout, as I don't think either team could stop each other consistently. probably a tight 1st half, and a comparable 4th quarter. its all about who would come out with the better adjustments out of half time IMO. 3rd quarter would be where the game is won

Sisk
11-21-2012, 12:11 AM
This is pretty much the exact same things aggie fan said last year, and the crappy McCoy tapped that ass.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a vastly different team.

That said, the way to beat us is to throw it deep on us. Our secondary is the most suspect part of our team and it's not even close. I still think A&M wins by 2-3 TDs though.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 12:37 AM
This thread is probably moot. Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M are enormously marketable national commodities right now and the first bowl that can get away with picking them will pick them. If the SEC champion makes the BCS title game and no other SEC team is in the BCS top 4, A&M will make the Sugar Bowl (even over LSU, and yes that is probably unjust, but it would be by design to be unjust). If the SEC champion falls to the Sugar Bowl and is the only team in the top 4, A&M will make the Fiesta Bowl. If two SEC teams are in the BCS top 4 (likeliest scenario), A&M will play in the Capital One Bowl, most likely against Michigan.

The scenario that must take place for A&M to fall to the Cotton Bowl is a Missouri upset victory on Saturday. However, if that happens, the likelier scenario is that A&M falls to the Outback Bowl.

If you're thinking that A&M can just say no to the Capital One Bowl if it wants, that will go over like a lead balloon with the 13 other members of the conference A&M allegedly has committed itself to for the long term. Some are suspicious that A&M still has its antennae out for a better offer, and that kind of behavior would underscore their suspicions.

coyotes_geek
11-21-2012, 12:42 AM
jokes and trash talk aside, I think its a 50/50 game. either team has a solid shot to win. If Aggy wins, they probably win in a blowout, while Texas probably wins a close game, due to the different styles of play. Aggy is more explosive and big play oriented, while Texas chips away at teams with occasional shots downfield off of playaction.

probably a shootout, as I don't think either team could stop each other consistently. probably a tight 1st half, and a comparable 4th quarter. its all about who would come out with the better adjustments out of half time IMO. 3rd quarter would be where the game is won

A&M's run defense is pretty solid. It's the secondary that's suspect and I'll take my chances with David Ash through the air trying to keep pace with the points A&M is putting up. I seriously think A&M would be a double digit favorite.

BradLohaus
11-21-2012, 12:50 AM
HS is right. If FSU beats Florida then A&M will be the SEC at large team unless Manziel and company completely lay an egg on Sat.

Some are suspicious that A&M still has its antennae out for a better offer, and that kind of behavior would underscore their suspicions.

Haven't heard that. What are they suspicious of?

leemajors
11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I think Aggie would deservedly be the (double digit) favorite, but that means little in a heated rivalry like this. I think the best thing for UT would be the long, stupid layoff between the end of the season and a bowl game. They may actually remember how to tackle by taking a month off!

Blake
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
This thread is probably moot. Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M are enormously marketable national commodities right now and the first bowl that can get away with picking them will pick them. If the SEC champion makes the BCS title game and no other SEC team is in the BCS top 4, A&M will make the Sugar Bowl (even over LSU, and yes that is probably unjust, but it would be by design to be unjust). If the SEC champion falls to the Sugar Bowl and is the only team in the top 4, A&M will make the Fiesta Bowl. If two SEC teams are in the BCS top 4 (likeliest scenario), A&M will play in the Capital One Bowl, most likely against Michigan.

The scenario that must take place for A&M to fall to the Cotton Bowl is a Missouri upset victory on Saturday. However, if that happens, the likelier scenario is that A&M falls to the Outback Bowl.

If you're thinking that A&M can just say no to the Capital One Bowl if it wants, that will go over like a lead balloon with the 13 other members of the conference A&M allegedly has committed itself to for the long term. Some are suspicious that A&M still has its antennae out for a better offer, and that kind of behavior would underscore their suspicions.

sports illustrated:

For one thing, the Pac-12 is all but assured two BCS bids now, which eliminates the ACC's second berth. And with the SEC back in line for a championship game participant, the second choice will go to the Sugar, not the Fiesta Bowl. The Aggies made sense in Glendale, but LSU (or Florida if it beats Florida State this week) gets the nod opposite Oklahoma in New Orleans.

Mind you, Clemson could get back in the BCS mix if Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State or TCU and the Big 12 fails to qualify a second team. If not, this week's Clemson-South Carolina winner will head to the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Meanwhile, A&M fans probably won't mind their projected consolation prize: a Cotton Bowl grudge match with Texas.....

http://m.si.com/399806/cardinal-chance/

DesignatedT
11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Not so sure about LSU getting the for sure nod in Sugar. A&M is very attractive right now and if we have the Heisman winner I think Sugar will take A&M. Of course this all doesn't matter if two SEC teams finish in the top 4.

It is true that Florida State has to beat UF but also Alabama will probably have to beat UGA as well. If UGA beats Bama then I doubt Bama drops passed 4 in the computer rankings and then they will get the nod. K-State and Oregon need to win as well. All things considered it is still a long shot for A&M to land Sugar but certainly possible. Saying that, the Capital One bowl pays out over a million dollars more to teams then the Cotton does so I'm sure A&M prefers it to cotton as well.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
sports illustrated:
Sports Illustrated's speculation is incorrect. Those familiar with the thinking of Sugar Bowl officials say they would lean towards A&M if available. SEC internal politics and manipulation of fan bases have something to do with it. The preferences of whiny aggy-obsessed Tech fans have nothing to do with it.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Assume that Alabama beats Auburn and Georgia beats Ga Tech. Upsets unlikely in either of those games.

Assume that A&M beats Missouri.

Florida beats FSU --> UF to Sugar, aggy to Cap One
FSU beats Florida:
........Alabama beats Georgia close --> UGA to Sugar, aggy to Cap One
........Georgia beats Alabama --> Bama to Sugar, aggy to Cap One
........Alabama blows out Georgia:
................Kansas State AND Oregon win --> aggy to Sugar
................either KSU OR Oregon lose --> LSU to Sugar, aggy to Cap One

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Haven't heard that. What are they suspicious of?That if Texas and the Big 12 said they were sorry and offered A&M the right deal to come back, they might. Or, to a lesser extent, that if Texas came on hands and knees and begged to have the Thanksgiving game back, that A&M would try to back out of its commitment to play LSU.

The administration at A&M says all the right things, but prominent boosters, a big chunk of the fan base, and significant parts of the school's freaking fight song still appear to be hung up on a school that A&M has no current plans ever to play again in any sport. Sentiments probably will change with the student body once the current sophomores graduate and there are no more undergrads who can remember playing Texas, but sentiments among alums linger for a long, long time. Take for example LSU's enthusiasm to dump its Thanksgiving opponent of 20 years to embrace a rivalry that had been on hiatus since the mid-'90s.

rjv
11-21-2012, 01:15 PM
a lot of butt hurt between the two teams and texas would probably stand more to lose from a loss to the aggies than a&m would. probably about a 25% shot it happens.

coyotes_geek
11-21-2012, 01:18 PM
That if Texas and the Big 12 said they were sorry and offered A&M the right deal to come back, they might. Or, to a lesser extent, that if Texas came on hands and knees and begged to have the Thanksgiving game back, that A&M would try to back out of its commitment to play LSU.

The administration at A&M says all the right things, but prominent boosters, a big chunk of the fan base, and significant parts of the school's freaking fight song still appear to be hung up on a school that A&M has no current plans ever to play again in any sport. Sentiments probably will change with the student body once the current sophomores graduate and there are no more undergrads who can remember playing Texas, but sentiments among alums linger for a long, long time. Take for example LSU's enthusiasm to dump its Thanksgiving opponent of 20 years to embrace a rivalry that had been on hiatus since the mid-'90s.

Uh, no.

Blake
11-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Sports Illustrated's speculation is incorrect. Those familiar with the thinking of Sugar Bowl officials say they would lean towards A&M if available. SEC internal politics and manipulation of fan bases have something to do with it. The preferences of whiny aggy-obsessed Tech fans have nothing to do with it.

lol your speculation being better than SI's

Probably not.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM
a lot of butt hurt between the two teams and texas would probably stand more to lose from a loss to the aggies than a&m would. probably about a 25% shot it happens.
While it's a moot point, probably, I disagree that Texas has more to lose. Based upon national perception right now, a UT loss to A&M would be the expected outcome. The only thing that would change would be bragging rights. The recruiting needle would move not one iota because right now A&M is already perceived as the 'it' school where a kid can play in Texas and stand toe-to-toe with the SEC powers. If aggy were to lose to Texas, it would more or less invalidate everything they've accomplished this year. It would lend credence to the argument that A&M's accolades are overinflated due to the overrating of the SEC and that big brother is still big brother.

The Reckoning
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM

lol no.

coyotes_geek
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
While it's a moot point, probably, I disagree that Texas has more to lose. Based upon national perception right now, a UT loss to A&M would be the expected outcome. The only thing that would change would be bragging rights. The recruiting needle would move not one iota because right now A&M is already perceived as the 'it' school where a kid can play in Texas and stand toe-to-toe with the SEC powers. If aggy were to lose to Texas, it would more or less invalidate everything they've accomplished this year. It would lend credence to the argument that A&M's accolades are overinflated due to the overrating of the SEC and that big brother is still big brother.

National perception is one thing. Perception amongst Texas' donors, alumni and fans is another. It sure doesn't sound to me like a loss to A&M would be the expected outcome amongst the longhorn camp. A&M loses, it's just bragging rights. Texas loses, jobs are on the line.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM

Probably not.
You cherry-picked the article that stated what you wanted to believe. I'm sorry that you're all butthurt about aggy not getting the comeuppance you think he deserves, but it really has nothing to do with you.

There is a reason why the Sugar Bowl would pick A&M over LSU, it's one Stewart Mandel knows nothing about, and it has nothing to do with which team is more deserving. LSU beat A&M, so if 10-2 A&M goes over 10-2 LSU in LSU's own freaking state, it's an absolute injustice, and reflects internal politics in the SEC office screwing over LSU once again, this time in favor of a newcomer -- who LSU bent over backwards to get in the conference in the first place over the skepticism of several schools, including Alabama. Now, I don't expect a whiny tech scrunt to know what's going on right now politically among the SEC office, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, and College Station, but there is a game afoot to provoke animosity between LSU and A&M.

rjv
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM

it would stop momentum for the aggies but the year they have had would still conclude with a win against bama, a winning record in the SEC and a possible heisman trophy winner. aggies would hate losing to texas of course but a&m would still come into next season as a top 25 team and a solid recruiting class. texas would not suffer extensive damage either from a recruiting standpoint but they would have to endure the notion that a&m's move to the SEC was a better move than texas would have ever anticipated, both from a recruiting standpoint and national recognition perspective. either way, neither team would take the loss very well at all.

benefactor
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
:lol Aggie

Losing would suck but an Aggie loss to Texas in the Cotton Bowl after the year Aggie had would cause a mass mourning that would rival the stick pile fail. I'm surprised they'd want to risk it tbh.

Blake
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
You cherry-picked the article that stated what you wanted to believe. I'm sorry that you're all butthurt about aggy not getting the comeuppance you think he
deserves, but it really has nothing to do with you.

I cherry picked a projection from an established sports media outlet.

correct that's it not about me. It's about you calling SI incorrect with nothing but ass talking to back it up with.

That's funny stuff. :tu

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 02:14 PM
National perception is one thing. Perception amongst Texas' donors, alumni and fans is another. It sure doesn't sound to me like a loss to A&M would be the expected outcome amongst the longhorn camp. A&M loses, it's just bragging rights. Texas loses, jobs are on the line.
Braggadocio and the echo chamber aside, A&M would be at least a touchdown favorite in that game. While it is possible that the hubris and stupidity of boosters could result in a rash and emotional decision to jettison the architects of 15 years of success at Texas, that would be entirely a self-inflicted wound.

But my point stands. A&M was expected to have to take its licks and pay its dues in the SEC. Texas relished with great anticipation the schadenfreude it would enjoy over watching aggy get ground into a fine powder in the grueling SEC West. But instead, aggy ended up totally vindicated, is a Top 10 team and a national media darling, and has the Heisman front-runner. Meanwhile, Texas is left to convince itself that this is still a good season even though it lost by six touchdowns to OU, and anyway, they still get to play a super-exciting Thanksgiving game against Purple Baylor!

What Texas is experiencing is not unlike the ex-wife who has to watch the husband who left her become thriving and happy in his new life. The bitterness can be consuming. So, if the game doesn't happen, A&M wins.

The Reckoning
11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
not really. people seem to think UT alumni actually care about what aggies are doing. they're representing texas. good for them.

i want the best possible bowl for my school. i dont care who that may be up against.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I cherry picked a projection from an established sports media outlet.

correct that's it not about me. It's about you calling SI incorrect with nothing but ass talking to back it up with.

That's funny stuff. :tu

Yes, you cherry-picked a projection from ONE media outlet, written by somebody who does not cover the SEC, whose organization does not televise any of the bowls, and who doesn't claim to have contacted officials either at the conference or those bowls. You did so because you really, really want Texas to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. This is because you made a huge emotional investment into seeing A&M fail in the SEC, to the point of going to the trouble of changing your team affiliation in this forum week-by-week to A&M's opponent, even though your own Texas Tech team did in fact play college football this year. (You'll brush this aside by claiming you don't take this forum that seriously, but who are you kidding?) One might never know that you're a Texas Tech fan because all your energy goes into hating a team that Tech is never going to play again in anything.

You're reduced to hoping and praying you get a chance to live vicariously through a school you wish would take your own seriously as a rival against a school which demonstrated by its actions that it never did.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I would prolly cheer for UT to win just so the Aggie jizz cloud in this forum settles down, but I don't see how they'd pull it off. Like it or not this Aggie team is legit.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
not really. people seem to think UT alumni actually care about what aggies are doing. they're representing texas. good for them.

i want the best possible bowl for my school. i dont care who that may be up against.
The ones who don't actually care are the ones who never got too jacked up about the rivalry in the first place and thought it was all in good fun and a nice tradition, i.e., normal, well-adjusted people.

Homeland Security
11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
I would prolly cheer for UT to win just so the Aggie jizz cloud in this forum settles down, but I don't see how they'd pull it off. Like it or not this Aggie team is legit.
Other SEC fan bases, while they can see how A&M is a cultural fit with them, are concerned about the phenomenon behind the "Aggie jizz cloud." A&M is 9-2 and rising, but aggy's demeanor is more like Arky. Like they can't believe they're actually any good and have to pinch themselves. And how they can't believe that the other schools in their conference treat them with respect and compliment their players when they do good things. It's like a dog that ducks its head when you pet it because it expects to get hit.

Really, bringing A&M into the SEC is not unlike adopting a very friendly border collie that was abused by the previous owner.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 03:10 PM
:lmao

rjv
11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
The ones who don't actually care are the ones who never got too jacked up about the rivalry in the first place and thought it was all in good fun and a nice tradition, i.e., normal, well-adjusted people.

in other words, anyone who actually went to school there (as opposed to the plethora of wal-mart texas t-shirt fans) and is not a freshman.

DesignatedT
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
A&M has all the momentum and spotlight in Texas and the Nation right now. Playing Texas would just bring them into the spotlight we have created for ourselves. Nobody is talking about the longhorns right now and unless they play A&M, everyone will continue to not talk about them. As far as who has the most to lose? It's definitely A&M.

If we win, we were expected to win.
If we lose, all this is for nothing.

We are winning in the media and with the recruits already and a win vs Texas would continue to help that process but it might not be a risk our football program wants to take. Saying that, I really don't see how Texas would beat us this year. This team is so much different then our team last year and it's not even close.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM
It would be pretty funny to see UT get raped by A&M, followed by everyone anticipating Mac Brownturdfaggit getting fired, only for him to not get fired :lol

Blake
11-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, you cherry-picked a projection from ONE media outlet, written by somebody who does not cover the SEC, whose organization does not televise any of the bowls, and who doesn't claim to have contacted officials either at the conference or those bowls. You did so because you really, really want Texas to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. This is because you made a huge emotional investment into seeing A&M fail in the SEC, to the point of going to the trouble of changing your team affiliation in this forum week-by-week to A&M's opponent, even though your own Texas Tech team did in fact play college football this year. (You'll brush this aside by claiming you don't take this forum that seriously, but who are you kidding?) One might never know that you're a Texas Tech fan because all your energy goes into hating a team that Tech is never going to play again in anything.

So you cover the SEC? Link some of your articles and lets see what you've written.

You're reduced to hoping and praying you get a chance to live vicariously through a school you wish would take your own seriously as a rival against a school which demonstrated by its actions that it never did.

I have an inside source that says you're wrong about Blake.

Aggy left because of bevoTV butthurt. Now they think they are the shit because they've done well in a mediocre SEC conference.

Watching them get their asses handed to them by the ones that caused their original butthurt would be an incredibly delicious treat.

leemajors
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
A&M has all the momentum and spotlight in Texas and the Nation right now. Playing Texas would just bring them into the spotlight we have created for ourselves. Nobody is talking about the longhorns right now and unless they play A&M, everyone will continue to not talk about them. As far as who has the most to lose? It's definitely A&M.

We are winning in the media and with the recruits already and a win vs Texas would continue to help that process but it might not be a risk our football program wants to take. Saying that, I really don't see how Texas would beat us this year. This team is so much different then our team last year and it's not even close.

Has to be said, but jizz covered glasses :lol

Blake
11-21-2012, 04:12 PM

If we win, wewere expected to win.

Exactly.

This game just has to happen. The shit talk value it would bring would be immeasurable.

Blake
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
It would be pretty funny to see UT get raped by A&M, followed by everyone anticipating Mac Brownturdfaggit getting fired, only for him to not get fired :lol

and there's that.

This game must happen. Must.

DesignatedT
11-21-2012, 04:22 PM
It would be pretty epic. No doubt about that. Doubt it happens though.

Kermit
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Mack will never be fired. Ever.

djohn2oo8
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM

A&M is winning and you're concerned about people talking/not talking about Texas. :lol It'll never end.

Bill_Brasky
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
A&M would have everything to lose, UT everything to gain.

Manziel would throatfuck that arm tackling defense.

benefactor
11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
A&M is winning and you're concerned about people talking/not talking about Texas. :lol It'll never end.

Come to think of it...Aggie is pretty attention starved too.
tbh

benefactor
11-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Other SEC fan bases, while they can see how A&M is a cultural fit with them, are concerned about the phenomenon behind the "Aggie jizz cloud." A&M is 9-2 and rising, but aggy's demeanor is more like Arky. Like they can't believe they're actually any good and have to pinch themselves. And how they can't believe that the other schools in their conference treat them with respect and compliment their players when they do good things. It's like a dog that ducks its head when you pet it because it expects to get hit.

Really, bringing A&M into the SEC is not unlike adopting a very friendly border collie that was abused by the previous owner.
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/13975_o.gif

Sisk
11-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Has to be said, but jizz covered glasses :lol

Which part is wrong?

leemajors
11-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Which part is wrong?

wait for it

djohn2oo8
11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
And on the subject of recruits. Texas as a program, doesn't need to recruit, they select. Of course Mack Brown is garbage when it comes to selecting players (Ahem...not taking RGIII). All they need is a real coach.

stretch
11-22-2012, 10:01 AM
And on the subject of recruits. Texas as a program, doesn't need to recruit, they select. Of course Mack Brown is garbage when it comes to selecting players (Ahem...not taking RGIII). All they need is a real coach.

Mack may have been able to handle the QB situation a bit better but bits not his fault for not getting guys like Luck and RG3. Garrett Gilbert was supposed to be the next big QB and was pretty much the highest regarded QB to be recruited. So when other high profile QBs see that UT already has the #1 recruit with as much hype as Gilbert, its understandable that they wouldn't come to Texas at that point. Can't blame Mack entirely on this one. No one had any idea Gilbert would melt down this badly.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2012, 10:43 AM
:lol Mack Brownturdfaggit could get caught fucking farm animals and stretch would find a way to defend him.

stretch
11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
:lol Mack Brownturdfaggit could get caught fucking farm animals and stretch would find a way to defend him.

Actually I have been a big advocate for him being fired, so I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

I just said that it's not his fault that other big name QBs wouldn't come to Texas since they already had one of the most highly recruited QBs in recent memory.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2012, 11:08 AM
So either

A) He recruited Gilbert due to hype and misjudged Gilbert's talent horribly, or

B) He did a horrid job coaching Gilbert and fucked up an extremely talented QB

Mack Brownturdfaggit should shoulder plenty of blame for the QB situation at UT.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Also Luck and RGIII were in the recruiting class a year before Gilbert's so using Gilbert as an excuse for why he couldn't get either one of those two doesn't make much sense.

Pelicans78
11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Also Luck and RGIII were in the recruiting class a year before Gilbert's so using Gilbert as an excuse for why he couldn't get either one of those two doesn't make much sense.

It does to fit Stretch's point of view.

Blake
11-22-2012, 11:16 AM

RGIII was once known simply as Robert Griffin from Copperas Cove, Texas, in our recruiting database in 2008, and he was ranked as the No. 4 dual-threat signal-caller behind Terrelle Pryor, E.J. Manuel and MarQueis Gray. Griffin never made our Rivals250, never received offers from anyone in-state aside from Baylor and Houston and was clearly underranked and under-recruited.

But why? As far as recruiting goes, Texas and others wanted Griffin as an athlete and he insisted on being a quarterback. He was kind of right.

Griffin was an amazing track athlete and the best hurdler in the nation in high school, perhaps one of the reasons many big schools saw a future change in position.

[ Watch: Looking back: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III ]

Most people don't remember that Griffin had committed to Houston because of his relationship with then-head coach Art Briles. However, Briles flipped to Baylor when he was offered the job, Griffin flipped with him, and the rest is history.

As far as his ranking, what was the knock against Griffin? He was considered one of the two best athletes in the quarterback class along with Pryor; but Griffin was more of a run-first signal-caller and while his arm strength was excellent, his mechanics and accuracy issues were a concern.

There was also some worry that track would get in the way of his development as a quarterback at the next level.

Now, after a Heisman Trophy, being selected as the No. 2 player in 2012 NFL Draft, and coming off a weekend where he threw for 182 yards and ran for 138 and scored three touchdowns, those concerns back in 2007 seem somewhat silly. But as we know in rankings, hindsight is 20/20.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1423779

stretch
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
So either

A) He recruited Gilbert due to hype and misjudged Gilbert's talent horribly, or

B) He did a horrid job coaching Gilbert and fucked up an extremely talented QB

Mack Brownturdfaggit should shoulder plenty of blame for the QB situation at UT.

B seems to fit the bill more

I don't disagree that he should shoulder plenty of blame. I simply said that its not entirely his fault that other highly recruited QB's didn't end up coming to Texas. It appeared they would be set at QB for a while, but obviously that didn't happen.

Kermit
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Lets not kid ourselves. Aggy would hang 100 on Texas.

benefactor
11-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Truth

D12
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
:lol UT

BRHornet45
11-22-2012, 10:45 PM
son the Aggies would sweep and mop the floor with Texas.

The Reckoning
11-22-2012, 10:46 PM
it's all speculation now. texas wont make the cotton bowl. im officially on the fire mack wagon.

BRHornet45
11-22-2012, 10:50 PM
it's all speculation now. texas wont make the cotton bowl. im officially on the fire mack wagon.

real talk son and not trying to stir the pot, but Texas could hire someone more talented than Mack for less than half of what he is making right now. they need to bring in some young blood and rebuild. you figure Mack is making $5.2M a year which is completely absurd ... they could land a damn good (and much better) coach for probably less than $2M.

The Reckoning
11-22-2012, 10:51 PM
real talk son and not trying to stir the pot, but Texas could hire someone more talented than Mack for less than half of what he is making right now. they need to bring in some young blood and rebuild.

yeah it was muschamp, but obviously he knew what shit was going down and jumped ship as soon as the florida job opened up.

:lol head coach in waiting :lol

BRHornet45
11-22-2012, 10:52 PM
yeah it was muschamp, but obviously he knew what shit was going down and jumped ship as soon as the florida job opened up.

:lol head coach in waiting :lol

who I want at LSU and who Texas should go after ASAP -

http://ksrcollege.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/rn_i_kliffkingsbury_ms_576.jpg

leemajors
11-22-2012, 10:53 PM
mack fucked muschamp over, he was right to leave. lol smack brown

Kermit
11-22-2012, 10:55 PM

http://ksrcollege.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/rn_i_kliffkingsbury_ms_576.jpg
Uh what?

The Reckoning
11-22-2012, 11:05 PM
kirby smart to replace mack imo. need another young, energetic D coordinator. not going to happen, but i guess it is indeed time for speculation.

D12
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
:lol as if mackbrownturdfaggot would be fired
:lol Longhorn fan hoping something happens to the coaching
:lol star recruits and sucking against TCU

Blake
11-23-2012, 01:35 PM

As head coach?

Rofl. You could get his master, Mike Leach for probably about the same price. Especially now.

Hell, You could probably get Holgorson as well.

BRHornet45
11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
As head coach?

Rofl. You could get his master, Mike Leach for probably about the same price. Especially now.

Hell, You could probably get Holgorson as well.

never said head coach although I wouldn't be totally against it. anything would be an upgrade over Miles. however I would love to have him as OC and then lock Miles out of all offensive meetings.

D12
11-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Sons lol @ this thread sons...
lol UT
lol top recruits

Blake
11-23-2012, 06:01 PM
never said head coach although I wouldn't be totally against it. anything would be an upgrade over Miles. however I would love to have him as OC and then lock Miles out of all offensive meetings.

Sons he has a pretty good relationship with Sumlin.

What makes you think he would leave to be just an OC in a louisiana shit hole or have to deal with MBTF in Austin

coyotes_geek
11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
The odds of this matchup happening took a pretty big hit this weekend. Louisville and Rutgers crapping the bed this weekend opened the door for Kent State, Northern Illinois, or maybe even Boise to sneak into a BCS game at Oklahoma's expense. Cotton Bowl is going to be A&M-Oklahoma. Mack and Dodds breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Sisk
11-26-2012, 11:14 AM
We're going capital one IMO

Kermit
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Case just got the start. This program has become a partial birth abortion.

coyotes_geek
11-26-2012, 11:30 AM
We're going capital one IMO

Nah. CapOne is going to take the loser of the SEC-CG.

Homeland Security
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
You'd be surprised how impressed they are with A&M.

Projections:
BCS CG: Alabama
Sugar: Florida
Cap 1: A&M
Cotton: LSU
Outback: Georgia
Chick-Fil-A: South Carolina
Gator: Mississippi State
Music City: Vanderbilt
Compass: Ole Miss

benefactor
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Case just got the start. This program has become a partial birth abortion.
Federal Pound You in the Ass Prison here we come.

Homeland Security
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Big 12 Projections:

These are complicated by the very real chance that Kent State gets an automatic BCS bid and bumps Oklahoma out of an-large bid. If Stanford beats UCLA and Kent St. beats NIU, that will probably happen. Keep in mind this is a Kent St. team that lost 47-14 to a dumpster fire of a Kentucky team in its only game against competition from a real conference. Hopefully poll voters will intervene to maintain sanity.

But if insanity prevails:

Fiesta: Kansas State
Cotton: Oklahoma
Alamo: Texas
Buffalo Wild Wings: Oklahoma State
Holiday: TCU
Meineke Car Care: Texas Tech
Pinstripe: West By God Virginia
Heart of Dallas: Baylor

If sanity prevails, move everybody except Baylor up a spot and plug Iowa St. into the Pinstripe Bowl.

coyotes_geek
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
You'd be surprised how impressed they are with A&M.

Projections:
BCS CG: Alabama
Sugar: Florida
Cap 1: A&M
Cotton: LSU
Outback: Georgia
Chick-Fil-A: South Carolina
Gator: Mississippi State
Music City: Vanderbilt
Compass: Ole Miss

No complaints from me if that's how it works out.

Homeland Security
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Vandy probably deserves the Gator nod over MSU on merit, but that's not how these things work.

coyotes_geek
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Big 12 Projections:

These are complicated by the very real chance that Kent State gets an automatic BCS bid and bumps Oklahoma out of an-large bid. If Stanford beats UCLA and Kent St. beats NIU, that will probably happen. Keep in mind this is a Kent St. team that lost 47-14 to a dumpster fire of a Kentucky team in its only game against competition from a real conference. Hopefully poll voters will intervene to maintain sanity.

Even if Kent State loses to NIU there's still a chance that NIU gets into the BCS. NIU only needs to move up 5 spots to get into the top 16. NIU beating Kent St, Stanford beating UCLA and K-state beating Texas would take out three of them.

Homeland Security
11-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Even if Kent State loses to NIU there's still a chance that NIU gets into the BCS. NIU only needs to move up 5 spots to get into the top 16. NIU beating Kent St, Stanford beating UCLA and K-state beating Texas would take out three of them.
Michigan's regular season is done; tough to see how they would drop below NIU given that three of their four losses are to three of the top four teams in the AP poll, and the fourth is to the likely conference champion.

Boise State would be a likelier pick to move up. They'd need the three contingencies you mentioned plus TCU beating OU.

Pelicans78
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Vandy probably deserves the Gator nod over MSU on merit, but that's not how these things work.

I totally agree. Vandy's a much better team than MSU. Better conference record and same overall record despite being tougher out of conference.

Homeland Security
11-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I totally agree. Vandy's a much better team than MSU. Better conference record and same overall record despite being tougher out of conference.
UT is going to try to pry Franklin away but I don't think they will succeed. Vandy will pay what they need to pay to keep him.

the chronic
11-30-2012, 12:45 PM

If Georgia loses SEC champ, CapOne will pass and take Ags for certain.

Doubtful they pass on Bama if they lose though - which is probably only scenario Texas plays Ags.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Just now on Texags radio, the cotton bowl chairman essentially gave a "no comment" when asked whether Texas is trying to convince the bowl not to take us. They had the Cap1 chairman on yesterday and it sounded like they really wanted A&M. I agree with chronic though, if Bama wins this weekend than A&M is going Cap1 for sure. If Georgia wins then it could become interesting.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Stewart MandelVerified
‏@slmandel
I will be posting revised Bowl Projections later today. Main change: No Texas-Texas A&M Cotton Bowl. Not happening.

TFloss32
11-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Brett McMurphy (https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN)
Not official until Sunday, but Johnny Football's going to Disney World. Capital One Bowl will pick Texas A&M

Capital One would be RUHtards not to pick A&M over the loser of the SEC championship. Specifically if it's Georgia.

Twisted_Dawg
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Sons, Sumlin and Kingsbury are bright coaches. But without the incredible play of Manziel this year, that is a 5-5 team and Sumlin and Kingsbury are looking quite average.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah looks like Cap1 is going A&M regardless of the outcome of SECCG.

Fpoonsie
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Sons, Sumlin and Kingsbury are bright coaches. But without the incredible play of Manziel this year, that is a 5-5 team and Sumlin and Kingsbury are looking quite average.

oh.

TFloss32
11-30-2012, 03:02 PM

Manziel has obviously been a huge factor but I think another big reason for their success is the weakest part of the team (the secondary) not having to do much of anything on a consistent basis. They played one great passing team all year (Louisiana Tech, #4 in passing offense) and were exposed in dramatic fashion for 450 yards through the air and almost lost the game. And I know turnovers were a factor, but they also gave up 300+ to Ole Miss and barely won that one.

If you look at passing offense and exclude Arkansas at #22, you have to get into the 50 range to find anyone on their conference schedule (Ole Miss at #48 and Mississippi State at #50). Nobody sniffs the Top 50 after that. Revert back to their old conference schedule and you have #2 (Texas Tech), #3 (Baylor), #5 (OU), #7 (OK State) and #44 (Texas). Did they switch conferences at the perfect time? They could have very well won the Big XII this year with a dynamic player such as Manziel but it's a factor that was tough to ignore.

stretch
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Manziel has obviously been a huge factor but I think another big reason for their success is the weakest part of the team (the secondary) not having to do much of anything on a consistent basis. They played one great passing team all year (Louisiana Tech, #4 in passing offense) and were exposed in dramatic fashion for 450 yards through the air and almost lost the game. And I know turnovers were a factor, but they also gave up 300+ to Ole Miss and barely won that one.

If you look at passing offense and exclude Arkansas at #22, you have to get into the 50 range to find anyone on their conference schedule (Ole Miss at #48 and Mississippi State at #50). Nobody sniffs the Top 50 after that. Revert back to their old conference schedule and you have #2 (Texas Tech), #3 (Baylor), #5 (OU), #7 (OK State) and #44 (Texas). Did they switch conferences at the perfect time? They could have very well won the Big XII this year with a dynamic player such as Manziel but it's a factor that was tough to ignore.

Well put.

TFloss32
11-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Forgot West Virginia at #6.

TFloss32
11-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Well put.

I was hoping A&M would draw another team with a great passing offense but it looks like they'll get a Big 10 team in the Capital One. One team in that conference in Top 50 passing and that's Indiana (#17). Aggies should destroy Michigan.

coyotes_geek
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM

It is pretty fascinating how teams wouldn't be as good without their best player.........

symple19
11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
:lol

Now, what are the defensive rankings of Big 12 schools?

TFloss32
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM

Now, what are the defensive rankings of Big 12 schools?

Good point. It's definitely not always easy to determine where a great passing team begins and where a shitty defense picks up.

Big XII actually has four teams (including Texas) in the Top 50 for passing defense. Better than I thought.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM

You're absolutely right. Our secondary is the weakest unit on our team and many weeks wasn't tested. At the same time you act like La Tech only did that to A&M and nobody else. La Tech tore through every team on their schedule and would have done the same to say... Texas and that defense. La Tech has the #1 offense in the nation according to points scored. A&M got up by 4 scores against that team and took the foot off the gas pedal. As for A&M giving up 300 passing yards against Ole Miss on the road, that Ole Miss team also went into Baton Rouge and put up 300+ yards passing on LSU as well. As you pointed out, A&M doesn't turn the ball over and they beat both those teams easily. (6 turnovers v Ole Miss)

symple19
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Good point. It's definitely not always easy to determine where a great passing team begins and where a shitty defense picks up.

Big XII actually has four teams (including Texas) in the Top 50 for passing defense. Better than I thought.

Keep in mind that I'm not disagreeing with your take, just that stats can be a slippery slope when doing the whole hypothetical thing.

symple19
11-30-2012, 03:56 PM
And yeah, Aggy is going to murder whoever they play in the Capitol 1. Beating up on the Big 10 is probably what the SEC does better than anything else

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I do agree with your assessment though TFloss. Those who keep saying "A&M would have tore up the big12 this season and gone undefeated" I just don't buy that. We probably could outscore everybody in that conference but our secondary having to play passing offenses like that week in and week out would have been pretty bad. We would have still dropped a game at some point. Either way, I'm glad I didn't have to sit through 70-66 games all season long. Horrible football.

Homeland Security
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
If two SEC teams are in the BCS top 4 (likeliest scenario), A&M will play in the Capital One Bowl, most likely against Michigan.
Damn this guy knows what he's talking about.

Homeland Security
11-30-2012, 04:12 PM

Probably not.

Stewart MandelVerified
‏@slmandel
I will be posting revised Bowl Projections later today. Main change: No Texas-Texas A&M Cotton Bowl. Not happening.

:lmao

Homeland Security
11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Just now on Texags radio, the cotton bowl chairman essentially gave a "no comment" when asked whether Texas is trying to convince the bowl not to take us. They had the Cap1 chairman on yesterday and it sounded like they really wanted A&M. I agree with chronic though, if Bama wins this weekend than A&M is going Cap1 for sure. If Georgia wins then it could become interesting.
Cap 1 won't do a rematch of Alabama-Michigan. Alabama-Northwestern would be a dud. Maybe if Wisconsin upset Nebraska they'd think about Alabama-Nebraska.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Cap 1 won't do a rematch of Alabama-Michigan

This didn't even occur to me. Totally forgot this game already happened.

LakerHater
11-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Capital One Bowl is the first non-BCS bowl to pick in the SEC. This is a better bowl game in terms of payout and bowl selection order than Cotton. If we had been available for the Cotton to pick, we'd be going to the Cotton bowl.

Should be Michigan & Aggies!

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Capital One Bowl payout is around 4.5M compared to 3M for the Cotton. A&M certainly excited about that.

Homeland Security
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
DeLoss Dodds apparently told Cotton Bowl officials in no uncertain terms there would be hell to pay if they invited A&M. Not that it matters, since the Cap 1 makes it a moot point, but the Cotton Bowl officials told him to blow it out his ass and he threw a big ol' temper tantrum.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 06:53 PM
:lmao I hope that's true.

yavozerb
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
DeLoss Dodds apparently told Cotton Bowl officials in no uncertain terms there would be hell to pay if they invited A&M. Not that it matters, since the Cap 1 makes it a moot point, but the Cotton Bowl officials told him to blow it out his ass and he threw a big ol' temper tantrum.

pretty funny if true but sounds like alot of bs to me without posting a link for the info...

yavozerb
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Capital One Bowl payout is around 4.5M compared to 3M for the Cotton. A&M certainly excited about that.

Too bad u guys have to face an average team from the b10. Good reward from a good season though.

the chronic
11-30-2012, 07:56 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26012653.jpg

the chronic
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah looks like Cap1 is going A&M regardless of the outcome of SECCG.

Yeah, apparently the CapOne wants to take Michigan. The Ags are a no-brainer to draw more ratings than a Bama-Mich rematch.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Fine with me. Not overly excited about going to Orlando but I've already been to Cowboys stadium a few times when we played Arkansas so I know what that's all about already. If Whisky beats Nebraska it could somehow be Nebraska in Cap1 but I'd rather face somebody new in Michigan.

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 09:32 AM
:lol Aggie
:lol Hoping and praying they get to play one of the weakest UT teams in recent memory
:lol Aggie jizz cloud forming in the stratosphere as we speak
:lol Thinking that beating crap-ass Texas and lame-duck Mack Clown proves anything

Pelicans78
12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
LSU would deserve the Cap One bowl over A&M, but if Georgia loses, I think they will get the nod over A&M for the Cap One.

Kermit
12-01-2012, 11:59 AM

Apparently.

DesignatedT
12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
LSU would deserve the Cap One bowl over A&M, but if Georgia loses, I think they will get the nod over A&M for the Cap One.

Nope.

Homeland Security
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
LSU would deserve the Cap One bowl over A&M, but if Georgia loses, I think they will get the nod over A&M for the Cap One.It's not a question of 'deserve.' It's a question of 'OMFG JOHNNY FOOTBALL!!!11!1!'

The SEC is pressuring the Cotton Bowl to take the SECCG loser even if it's UGA and the Cotton Bowl is likely to be OK with that. The thinking is that disappointed UGA fans may not turn out heavily for the same ol' Outback or Chick-fil-A Bowls.

LSU fans should book their tickets for Atlanta.

DesignatedT
12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
^Yep.

Cap1-A&M
Cotton- SECCG loser
ChickFilA-LSU

Blake
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM

A&M will be doing great to break even financially if they go to the Capital One Bowl.

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 08:34 PM
looks like LSU will be going to the Cotton Bowl with that Bama win just now

leemajors
12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
lol at this 18 next to ut

Pelicans78
12-01-2012, 08:53 PM
looks like LSU will be going to the Cotton Bowl with that Bama win just now

A&M going to Cap One?

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 08:53 PM
lol at this 18 next to ut

son its nowhere near as bad as the #6 is next to K-State .... you know the team that was ranked "#1" for a few days and then got stomped the fuck out by an unranked and 5 loss Baylor team 52-24? lol

leemajors
12-01-2012, 09:04 PM
son its nowhere near as bad as the #6 is next to K-State .... you know the team that was ranked "#1" for a few days and then got stomped the fuck out by an unranked and 5 loss Baylor team 52-24? lol

lol did you see that utter offensive failure just then? feeble. my only comment about baylor is that they can put up serious points :lol their receivers are pretty damn good

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
lol did you see that utter offensive failure just then? feeble. my only comment about baylor is that they can put up serious points :lol their receivers are pretty damn good

son that truly reminded me of Les Miles red zone offense. run the ball back to back for absolutely nothing, waste a timeout when everyone in the stadium knows you're forced to throw now, and then shit the bed and settle for a field goal. that is truly pussy-style football when running the ball too much like that. step up, be a man, and throw the fucking ball.

leemajors
12-01-2012, 09:13 PM
case is really bad. i want k state to win big

DesignatedT
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Ashtray isn't any better.

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 09:15 PM
case is really bad. i want k state to win big

son Mack may get a mysterious "offer" from Arkansas for $5.5M in order to get another undeserving salary raise. I've seen it done before!

DesignatedT
12-01-2012, 09:16 PM
http://t0dd.us/gifs/2012/2012angrymack.gif

ColinB
12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Honestly can't believe Brown and Johnson are transfer candidates. This staff is beyond stupid.

leemajors
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
http://t0dd.us/gifs/2012/2012angrymack.gif

benefactor
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
lmao det gif

benefactor
12-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Big Negro with the first. Not sure why they didn't do that on the last play.

DMX7
12-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Baylor wouldn't be a 5 loss team in the SEC. They would just stack the box to stop the run and be a slightly below average defense in the SEC, then they would tear it up on O.

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Baylor wouldn't be a 5 loss team in the SEC. They would just stack the box to stop the run and be a slightly below average defense in the SEC, then they would tear it up on O.

Your big12 butthurt is showing.

leemajors
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Damn klein got popped by vaccaro

DMX7
12-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Your big12 butthurt is showing.

Just speaking the truth. I don't pimp conferences -- that shit is for Aggies and other jock-strap holding programs that can't stand on their own.

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Just speaking the truth. I don't pimp conferences -- that shit is for Aggies and other jock-strap holding programs that can't stand on their own.

My apologies. You're not butthurt, you're just stupid.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lsvcpe.gif

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
sons Texas only hope is to get rid of Mack and rebuild. unbelievable this guy is the highest paid coach in college football and can't even dominate in such an easy conference.

and to think ... F'N Baylor dropped 52 points on K-State and whipped their ass by 4 scores :lol

leemajors
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Which is why i would rather ksu blow them out

ColinB
12-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Case's face after that fumble made me laugh out loud. It was perfect.

ColinB
12-01-2012, 11:11 PM
http://t0dd.us/gifs/2012/mccoy.gif

Fpoonsie
12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't THINK this does enough to put Kline back into the Heisman hunt, but goddammit, Texas. Make it a LITTLE tougher, huh?

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
wow Texas is a complete disgrace (considering the money that school has and how much hype they receive)

benefactor
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Fitting finish.

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 11:17 PM
damnit sons why didn't Texas go after Les Miles? if any team other than Michigan would have a shot at getting him, it would be Texas.

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't THINK this does enough to put Kline back into the Heisman hunt, but goddammit, Texas. Make it a LITTLE tougher, huh?

I was hoping for that too, but Texas has decided it's time to roll over and play dead.

D12
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Which bowl will Texas play in now?

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Which bowl will Texas play in now?

Cotton.

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 11:25 PM
LSU vs Texas???

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
LSU vs Texas???

Georgia v. Texas.

DesignatedT
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
LSU to Chick Fil A vs Clemson according to twitter ramblings. Who knows though.

Homeland Security
12-02-2012, 09:39 AM
A&M will be doing great to break even financially if they go to the Capital One Bowl.
:lmao Financial smack!!

Upcoming Blake posts:

"Sucks to be A&M. Orlando has a crap facility compared to where all the other SEC bowls get played. lol @ A&M."

"lol A&M playing at 11 AM with three other bowls while Texas plays alone in prime time."

"lol A&M Mickey Mouse team"

"lol SEC sending Georgia to beat Texas 62-10 and hiding A&M against crap Michigan team"

"lol A&M thinking it accomplished anything by winning a bowl named after a credit card"

"lol A&M finishing in the top 10. The polls are so skewed for the SEC it's not even funny."

"lol A&M thinking it's anything more than a one-year wonder."

"lol A&M preseason top 5. Doesn't mean anything, they'll finish 6-6."

"I'm not butthurt, this is about aggy and the lhn, really, I mean it."

leemajors
12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
whoever plays UT gets a free win

Homeland Security
12-02-2012, 09:42 AM
:lmao You should start up a website called "unskewedpolls.com -- college football edition." Put Mitt Romney's campaign staff in charge.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Son I really hope the Fiesta Bowl ends up being K-State vs. Oregon. All the Big-12 homers on this site have been pimping K-State and competing with each other for who can swallow as much of Bill Snyder's cum as possible have been insisting K-State is way better than Oregon.

Bill_Brasky
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
"dont worry guys we got Gilbert. We don't need to recruit QBs anymore"

ThePop
12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Georgia v. Texas.

Hopefully Alamo Bowl, which is very possible.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 12:49 PM
The rumors about Northwestern being picked by the Cap1 bowl changes my perspective on everything. Really don't want to play that team again. What a snoozefest. Why did Nebraska have to get blown out last night wow.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
dp

Blake
12-02-2012, 01:03 PM
:lmao Financial smack!!

Upcoming Blake posts:

"Sucks to be A&M. Orlando has a crap facility compared to where all the other SEC bowls get played. lol @ A&M."

"lol A&M playing at 11 AM with three other bowls while Texas plays alone in prime time."

"lol A&M Mickey Mouse team"

"lol SEC sending Georgia to beat Texas 62-10 and hiding A&M against crap Michigan team"

"lol A&M thinking it accomplished anything by winning a bowl named after a credit card"

"lol A&M finishing in the top 10. The polls are so skewed for the SEC it's not even funny."

"lol A&M thinking it's anything more than a one-year wonder."

"lol A&M preseason top 5. Doesn't mean anything, they'll finish 6-6."

"I'm not butthurt, this is about aggy and the lhn, really, I mean it."

Doubtful I say any of those things.

No financial smack. You're acting the expert on the college bowl system. You should know schools generally don't make direct profits from being in a bowl.

lol unfunny idiot.

Blake
12-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Son I really hope the Fiesta Bowl ends up being K-State vs. Oregon. All the Big-12 homers on this site have been pimping K-State and competing with each other for who can swallow as much of Bill Snyder's cum as possible have been insisting K-State is way better than Oregon.

That would be a great one sons

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
The Nebraska loss threw a wrench in everything last night, this is what I'm hearing now:

Cap1- Georgia vs Northwestern (Had Nebraska last year, Don't want to match up A&M v NU for 2nd year in a row)
Cotton- LSU vs OU/Texas (Told to pass on possible A&M/Texas matchup from both sides)
Chick Fil A - A&M vs Clemson

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 01:31 PM
The Nebraska loss threw a wrench in everything last night, this is what I'm hearing now:

Cap1- Georgia vs Northwestern (Had Nebraska last year, Don't want to match up A&M v NU for 2nd year in a row)
Cotton- LSU vs OU/Texas (Told to pass on possible A&M/Texas matchup from both sides)
Chick Fil A - A&M vs Clemson

Sucks for A&M even though Clemson is a decent opponent. Thankfully the new BCS deal won't limit the amount of teams from one conference. SEC should have gotten a 3rd team. Personally, I think the GameCocks had a tough schedule with road games against LSU, Florida, Clemson, and Vandy and still won 10 games total.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 01:33 PM

To be honest, the Pac-12 was a very good conference this season. Stanford and Oregon can play with just about anyone unlike K-State and OU. Easily better than the Big 12 (lol at anyone thinking the Big 12 is as good as the SEC).

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Sucks for A&M even though Clemson is a decent opponent. Thankfully the new BCS deal won't limit the amount of teams from one conference. SEC should have gotten a 3rd team. Personally, I think the GameCocks had a tough schedule with road games against LSU, Florida, Clemson, and Vandy and still won 10 games total.

Cap1 would have guaranteed an 11 win season but that matchup would have been incredibly boring. Clemson will provide a very tough test for us but it will be on the national spotlight being the only game on that night. Should be a much more exciting game at least.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 01:53 PM
To be honest, the Pac-12 was a very good conference this season. Stanford and Oregon can play with just about anyone unlike K-State and OU. Easily better than the Big 12 (lol at anyone thinking the Big 12 is as good as the SEC).

This year the Pac was the 2nd best conference in the nation, granted tha'ts not saying much since the Big-12 and Big-10 were both fuckin jokes this year.

I'm happy Arizona is getting what should be an easy win bowl game.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Cap1 would have guaranteed an 11 win season but that matchup would have been incredibly boring. Clemson will provide a very tough test for us but it will be on the national spotlight being the only game on that night. Should be a much more exciting game at least.

It will be a good game to watch, but i don't see Clemson hanging with the Aggies.

I feel bad for Vandy getting stuck in a crap bowl as well. They would be in the Chick Fil-a Bowl if the BCS had a 3rd SEC team.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM
This year the Pac was the 2nd best conference in the nation, granted tha'ts not saying much since the Big-12 and Big-10 were both fuckin jokes this year.

I'm happy Arizona is getting what should be an easy win bowl game.

Alot of quality coaches in the conference. The conference will even get better.

I hope RichRod can improve the defense. His offenses will be fine to get 8-9 wins yearly, but if Zona wants to compete for the Pac-12 title, the defense will be the key.

Kermit
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Aggy v. Sooner in Cotton Bowl. Come on asteroid!

ThePop
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Aggy v. Sooner in Cotton Bowl. Come on asteroid!

Not sure who to root for.
Also, Texas vs Oregon State. Maybe ucla

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Yep. Cotton vs OU. Nice.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Thank God. I didn't want Chik-fil-a.

ThePop
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank God. I didn't want Chik-fil-a.

Why? I have chik-fil-a once a week. I could really go for some waffle fries right now.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
well its official LSU vs Clemson in the Chik-Fil-A bowl. very disappointing for LSU, however when your coach settles for field goals and shuts down the offense when gaining a lead ... you simply don't deserve anything better.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Vandy got hosed. They had a better season than Mississippi State. They're a better team.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Not happy with Northern Illinois getting a BCS bid. They're a good team and Oklahoma isn't that good, but I would rather see Florida play Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

BCS got it wrong here.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Last year we have to deal with this bullshit. The Big East AQ and the 2 team limit per conference is gone next year. Isn't the first time this has happened.

Darth_Pelican
12-02-2012, 08:24 PM
BCS got it wrong here.

That's what they do best. This year's BCS games will feature AP No. 13, 16, 22, and NR teams. What a joke. Meanwhile LSU, A&M, and South Carolina are all in the top 10, and they are in inferior bowls due to the retarded rules. LSU fell all the way to the chicken bowl even though they beat A&M and South Carolina and are ranked higher than both :lol

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
sons for anyone who sat thru the Northern Illinois vs Kent State game this past Friday then you could see there was very little difference between watching that and watching any random, decent high school football game. these teams are just not on the same level as teams in the main conferences. rules are rules and they got in, but its downright pathetic.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Last year we have to deal with this bullshit. The Big East AQ and the 2 team limit per conference is gone next year. Isn't the first time this has happened.

I think we deal with it next season too.

With teams like Wisconsin, Florida State, and Louisville getting BCS bids, I don't have a big problem with Northern Illinois getting a bid. Yeah, I would rather see Oklahoma, but I would also rather see Georgia, A&M, LSU and South Carolina over teams like Wisconsin, Florida State, and Louisville.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
sons for anyone who sat thru the Northern Illinois vs Kent State game this past Friday then you could see there was very little difference between watching that and watching any random, decent high school football game. these teams are just not on the same level as teams in the main conferences. rules are rules and they got in, but its downright pathetic.

I agree, but those two teams aren't any worse than Big East teams and not much worse than Big 10 or ACC teams. The MAC raped the Big 10 and Big East in out of conference play this season.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I say good for Northern Illinois. they will get a lot of national exposure and money out of this and I guarantee you they could careless if they win or lose. they will just be happy to be there. I'm just saying they don't deserve it, but rules are rules.

also LOL at LSU fans on tigerdroppings right now bitching and moaning about the chicken bowl as if LSU deserved better. Les Miles gets a big pay raise, LSU gets the chicken bowl. again ... that's what happens when you have a coach who plays way too conservative and runs the ball up the middle with the same 2 or 3 plays as if he's at Michigan again in the 1970's and you settle for field goals and shut down the offense in the second half when taking any type of a lead. LSU got the bowl they deserved this season and to be quite honest the team hasn't improved at all, if anything they got worse by barely squeaking past shitty Ole Piss and Arkansas by one score each to end the season.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I say good for Northern Illinois. they will get a lot of national exposure and money out of this and I guarantee you they could careless if they win or lose. they will just be happy to be there. I'm just saying they don't deserve it, but rules are rules.

also LOL at LSU fans on tigerdroppings right now bitching and moaning about the chicken bowl as if LSU deserved better. Les Miles gets a big pay raise, LSU gets the chicken bowl. again ... that's what happens when you have a coach who plays way too conservative and runs the ball up the middle with the same 2 or 3 plays as if he's at Michigan again in the 1970's and you settle for field goals and shut down the offense in the second half when taking any type of a lead. LSU got the bowl they deserved this season and to be quite honest the team hasn't improved at all, if anything they got worse by barely squeaking past shitty Ole Piss and Arkansas by one score each to end the season.

LSU isn't anymore deserving than Georgia, A&M, and South Carolina.

My only beef is seeing Miss St getting a bigger bowl than Vandy who clearly is better and had a better resume. Miss St was the most overrated team in the conference. They had zero quality wins this season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
In addition to Northern Illinois, the Big East needs to stop getting an automatic BCS bowl big every year. Louisville vs. Florida? Really?

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
LSU isn't anymore deserving than Georgia, A&M, and South Carolina.

My only beef is seeing Miss St getting a bigger bowl than Vandy who clearly is better and had a better resume. Miss St was the most overrated team in the conference. They had zero quality wins this season.

I agree with that. Pississippi State looked pretty good the first 5 or 6 games of the year and fooled a lot of people with their record because they truly didn't play anyone until their 6th or 7th game and guess what happened? they went on to get absolutely destroyed by every decent team on their schedule.

JoeTait75

It's worse that the Big East has an automatic bid. The MAC is arguably the better conference. Kent dominated Rutgers at their place earlier this year.

(Flashes are going to their first bowl game since 1972, btw. :toast)

DesignatedT
^They are

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
In addition to Northern Illinois, the Big East needs to stop getting an automatic BCS bowl big every year. Louisville vs. Florida? Really?

Thankfully the Big East loses its automatic bid in 2014. Also, the rule of having no more than 2 teams per conference will be gone as well.

Also, its funny how the ESPN guys are saying OU deserves a BCS bowl bid when they would choke against Florida anyway.

But yeah, FSU/NIU and Florida/Louisville are terrible matchups.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Thankfully the Big East loses its automatic bid in 2014.

Boise State fans must be contemplating the viability of suicide.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM

like when shitty ass (8-4) UConn got into the 2011 Fiesta Bowl and got stomped out 48-20 by Oklahoma .... now you know you're a horrible football team if Oklahoma beats you in a bowl game, especially getting stomped out 48-20 by them.

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
But yeah, FSU/NIU and Florida/Louisville are terrible matchups.

I can't quite figure out Florida. They are beastly on defense and went 11-1 against a killer schedule, but they really struggled against Bowling Green (4th-best team in the MAC) and UL-Lafayette (4th-best team in the Sun Belt) at home.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Boise State fans must be contemplating the viability of suicide.

Nah, didn't you hear? They're going to be in the PAC-13.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I can't quite figure out Florida. They are beastly on defense and went 11-1 against a killer schedule, but they really struggled against Bowling Green (4th-best team in the MAC) and UL-Lafayette (4th-best team in the Sun Belt) at home.

They have a young QB and a below average offense. Plus they went into a tailspin after the Georgia loss. I was surprised they won at FSU since they were really struggling for weeks before that game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
like when shitty ass (8-4) UConn got into the 2011 Fiesta Bowl and got stomped out 48-20 by Oklahoma .... now you know you're a horrible football team if Oklahoma beats you in a bowl game, especially getting stomped out 48-20 by them.

:lmao exactly, the 2011 Fiesta Bowl will always be what makes the case against the Big East. You know you're a shitty conference when Bobby Stoops is able to win a BCS bowl game against you.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Nah, didn't you hear? They're going to be in the PAC-13.

Yeah I did. Some potato eating fatshit BSU blogger said so!

Blake
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Extra Stout/Homeland going full Avante in this thread.

lol good stuff :tu

Sisk
12-06-2012, 05:41 PM
So longhorns, who are yall rooting for in this game?

DMX7
12-08-2012, 11:13 AM
OU, and I have no doubt they will curb stomp Aggie.

leemajors
12-08-2012, 11:39 AM
OU's d-line can be very good, will be a great matchup with the aggie o-line. whoever wins that battle takes it i guess

DesignatedT
12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
OU has zero defensive players in their front 7 on the big 12 first team and one on the big12 second team. Kind of surprising.

Sisk
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
OU, and I have no doubt they will curb stomp Aggie.

I thought OU was your bigger rival. Why are you rooting for your biggest rival against your little brother?

Blake
01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Aggy is being quiet this week.

Nobody is really rooting for OU add much as we are hoping A&M eats a dick

Sisk
01-01-2013, 06:09 PM
We are going to win. 38-31

Not much else to say tbh. Ready to go to the game.

DMX7
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
OU is terrible in big bowl games and a mobile QB is probably the last thing they want to see, but who know? A&M's fail knows no boundaries.

Sisk
01-01-2013, 06:13 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSweDwS9c5W0RQGd9p1LwCYcz72xA-bOzvr11-y1hnoNSBASYSV

Blake
01-01-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/johnny-manziel-haircut.jpg

DMX7
01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
So both of A&M's moral victory great losses came to teams that lost their bowl game...

LSU to the ACC's Clemson (LOL) and Florida to the Big East's Louisville (LMFAO)

ThePop
01-03-2013, 12:25 AM
So both of A&M's moral victory great losses came to teams that lost their bowl game...

LSU to the ACC's Clemson (LOL) and Florida to the Big East's Louisville (LMFAO)

Let them enjoy this season, it doesn't happen often.

Bill_Brasky
01-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Let them enjoy this season, it doesn't happen often.

As long as Sumlin's around it will.

thunderup
01-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Gameday is almost here.

Am I the only Sooner fan on this site?

Kermit
01-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Gameday is almost here.

Am I the only Sooner fan on this site?

Most can't afford a computer. Congrats. You're the sooner 1%.

thunderup
01-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Most can't afford a computer. Congrats. You're the sooner 1%.

That's funny, Longhorn fan.

Real funny.

:lol 63-21

DMX7
01-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Living in the state of Oklahoma is punishment enough for you; it's the shittiest state in the union except for maybe Alabama.

thunderup
01-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Living in the state of Oklahoma is punishment enough for you; it's the shittiest state in the union except for maybe Alabama.

How would you know? Have you ever lived in Oklahoma for an extended period of time such that you could come up with an opinion like that?

Kermit
01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
How would you know? Have you ever lived in Oklahoma for an extended period of time such that you could come up with an opinion like that?

I've visited for an extended period of time. It sucks. Tulsa's alright I guess. Some of it anyway.

The Reckoning
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
lake mcalester is nice but by the time you get there you want to drown yourself in it

jeebus
01-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Ready to watch Stoops shit the bed again

dirk4mvp
01-04-2013, 08:15 PM

oh

benefactor
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM
First big mistake of the game.

leemajors
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
throwin off that back foot

benefactor
01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
throwin off that back foot
Cutler'd

benefactor
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Same amount of yards but OU has ran 13 more plays and has 7 more first downs.

benefactor
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Second big mistake of the game.

jeebus
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
ugh. Can't wait to see Bob Romo in action in the 2nd half

monosylab1k
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Refs are shit per usual in OU games, Sooners getting every fucking call

Amarelooms
01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Letting a midget run all over you. Just have a damn person shadow his ass or blitz

:elephant

tlongII
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
A&M blowing out OU now.

leemajors
01-04-2013, 10:54 PM
I dont understand why OU hasn't been playing hurry up all 3rd quarter

leemajors
01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
This is like watching ut/ou

CubanMustGo
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Erin Andrews may be good looking but damn, every time she speaks want to stuff a sock in her mouth.

Or something else.

dirk4mvp
01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
this bowl season has been terrible tbh.

Bill_Brasky
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
"Shhhhhhh"

-Johnny Manziel, 1/4/13

Kermit
01-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol. Damn.

Pelicans78
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
this bowl season has been terrible tbh.

Its gonna be a great day tomorrow night.

Fpoonsie
01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
*fap-fap-fap*

[deposits in jar]

Kermit
01-05-2013, 12:47 AM
*fap-fap-fap#

[deposits in jar]
Nice.

FkLA
01-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Just watched the replay. That Johnny fucking Football guy is fucking good tbh.

Blake
01-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Just think of what bowl A&M could have been in had they stayed in the big xii.

oh well.

Kermit
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Just think of what bowl A&M could have been in had they stayed in the big xii.

oh well.

Well, they wouldn't have that fearsome SEC defense.

DesignatedT
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
lol ou

The Reckoning
01-05-2013, 10:03 PM
http://youtu.be/rPGlJSXr8t4

DesignatedT
01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6080779/ousux.0_standard_730.0.gif

FkLA
01-06-2013, 01:38 AM
http://youtu.be/rPGlJSXr8t4

Dude said exciting room instead of conference at 1:22 :lol

Johnny should smash that brunette hoe too tbh.