PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Kid in D-III ball goes into full Kobe mode

Riddler
11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
138 points and 0 assists :lol
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8658462/jack-taylor-grinnell-drops-138-points-collegiate-scoring-record

Juggity
11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
52-of-108 from the floor 27-of-71 3-pointers

Da fuq? :lol Did anybody else on his team touch the ball during this game?

irishock
11-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Chucker. Hate guys that emulate Kobe's non stop shooting style.

pass1st
11-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Was there any D? :lol

FkLA
11-21-2012, 02:46 AM
I have to thank my teammates for their unselfishness.

What a fucking faggot. How about you return the favor and let them put a couple of shots of up. Retarded that people are giving him props, I wouldve blocked his shots if I was his teammate tbh.

AussieFanKurt
11-21-2012, 03:11 AM
27 threes made, what a fucking effort, saw a video, his team mates would just stand and wait for him to shoot and he would go one on one with the defender and jack 3s

apalisoc_9
11-21-2012, 05:35 AM
27 threes made, what a fucking effort, saw a video, his team mates would just stand and wait for him to shoot and he would go one on one with the defender and jack 3s

Kobe being Kobe tbh

Koolaid_Man
11-21-2012, 06:47 AM
What a fucking faggot. How about you return the favor and let them put a couple of shots of up. Retarded that people are giving him props, I wouldve blocked his shots if I was his teammate tbh.

for good or bad I applaud the kid...what his teammates did is simply called feeding the horse...the reality is this kid will NOT even make it to the CBA...so why not have some fun with it...imagine just for a second if this kid patterned his game after Tim Duncan...he would be irrelevant today and he would not be in the record books. Playing like Kobe just means that his name will live on through human eternity and to me it's definitely worth it..

Let me repeat....The kid is famous now..he's somebody...everyone around the world knows of his feat...that's awesome...please don't try to denigrate his accomplishment by saying he should have played like Tim Duncan...he'd still be a nobody if he did that... :toast

thunderfan
11-21-2012, 07:56 AM
27-71 from 3? big deal. Those kids from Faith Baptist College were all fat, white, and short. I could've shot 27-71 against those morons.

lebomb
11-21-2012, 09:24 AM
27-71 from 3? big deal. Those kids from Faith Baptist College were all fat, white, and short. I could've shot 27-71 against those morons.

No kidding..........play against a highschool with some Niggras and he would have been held to 15pts easily.

Jodelo
11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Pathetic!

Trill Clinton
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
No kidding..........play against a highschool with some Niggras and he would have been held to 15pts easily.

true:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 10:58 AM

:monkey

8FOR!3
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
lol I could go 27/71 against at the D3 level that's ridiculously bad #s.

lebomb
11-21-2012, 11:19 AM

It is............Im not impressed at all. Get the green light to chuck at will and anyone can score over 100 actually. 108 shot attempts to score 138pts?? :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
When informed that Taylor made 71 three-pointers, Bryant let out an incredulous expletive and then asked how many points they had as a team. The answer -- 179 -- and the fact that none of Taylor's teammates even scored in double digits really blew Bryant away.

"What?! ... That's incredible," he said.

Bryant, who has a shoe that bears his Black Mamba nickname, added:

"He must have been wearing the Mambas, man. Only Mambas have no conscience to shoot the ball that much.”

:lmao

thunderfan
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Well, it's 38%, which would put a guy in the top 25 or so in 3 point shooting % in the NBA. So the % isn't all that bad, but it didn't appear as though anyone really bothered guarding the guy. You'd think after a guy throws up 40, 50 three pointers in a game, the defense might catch on?? Hey ya think maybe this guy is going to be shooting the 3 ball any?

Medvedenko
11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
If I was playing against this dude it would be hard foul and he'd be relegated to the bench quick. There's no way I'd let an opponent chuck that many shots without any recourse. I need to see this video as throwing up 100+ shots makes no sense.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 12:33 PM
If I was playing against this dude it would be hard foul and he'd be relegated to the bench quick. There's no way I'd let an opponent chuck that many shots without any recourse. I need to see this video as throwing up 100+ shots makes no sense.
No kidding......the other team should have started trapping him at half court and leaving him no option but to pass the ball.

Clipper Nation
11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
There's no way I'd let an opponent chuck that many shots without any recourse.
You have no problem when Kobe does it though :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM

I don't....Kobe can shoot that bitch till the leather falls off as far as I'm concerned....

purplengold
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM

wen last time Kobe threw 50+ shots, Stacey?

jeebus
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
some of the NBA writers on twitter are really butthurt about this kid. it's as if te kid just raped their entire family and they're crying about it on twitter.

Bynumite
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Exactly... if his teammates and coach didn't give a fuck and didn't call him out during the game, why is everyone so butthurt?

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM
some of the NBA writers on twitter are really butthurt about this kid. it's as if te kid just raped their entire family and they're crying about it on twitter.

This...same goes with all the cunty responses in this thread. ":cryhow dare he not pass to his uncoordinated teammates?!:cry"

The Gemini Method
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM
:cry :cry :cry is all you read on these boards these days--like the old adage states...if you want the kid to stop scoring, then stop the m'fer.

pass1st
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
:lol @ anybody thinking they can accomplish this in-game without an xbox controller.

It's not a big deal, he's playing against scrubs, but I doubt anybody on this forum is better than a scrub :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
:lol @ anybody thinking they can accomplish this in-game without an xbox controller.

It's not a big deal, he's playing against scrubs, but I doubt anybody on this forum is better than a scrub :lol

I take extreme exception to that..there's not a white boy alive that whip Kool in any muthafucking activity...:lol

pass1st
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I take extreme exception to that..there's not a white boy alive that whip Kool in any muthafucking activity...:lol

Karl Malone could probably dunk on you, can't get whiter than him

CubanMustGo
11-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Check this shit out:

http://deadspin.com/5962514/d+iii-players-138-point+game-is-a-sham-record-and-shouldnt-be-celebrated-by-anyone

Excerpts:

"The strategy was to use a full court press after a made basket, with the caveat that [the player seeking the record] would not cross into the defensive side of the court. So, after our opponents broke our press, we were essentially playing four-on-five, which enabled the other team to take quicker shots and fall into our game plan.

There were a LOT of possessions where Taylor would chuck up a shot, miss, and his teammate would get the rebound wide open under the basket. Instead of putting it back up, he would look for Taylor again and pass it out so he could chuck another three. There were many possessions where this happened three times each. Six three-point attempts in two trips down the court.

Literally 75% of [Faith Baptist's] points were full court heaves to get it over Grinnell's press, then a wide open layup on the other end. Oh, and David Larsen's "impressive" 70-point effort? Hardly. They were 90% wide open layups. He maybe took a handful of jump shots.

The announcer actually said that Grinnell will look on their schedule for their weaker opponents and do everything they can to run up the score and break records. This is all within the game plan. One tactic the announcer mentioned was called "The Bomb Squad". If Grinnell's opponent gets into the double bonus, Grinnell will sub in five freshmen players, foul their opponent immediately once the ball is in play, send them to the line, then sub the freshmen players out to put their scorers back in on offense. This takes almost no time off the clock, giving their starters as many offensive possessions as possible.

Yep, let's salute this team and its coach for making a mockery of the game against a sad sack opponent that sucks so bad it's not in either the NCAA or the NAIA ... it's in division 2 of the laughingly inept NCCAA.

DAF86
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM

I'm sure that as a kid I could have scored that many points with this strategy:

Check this shit out:

http://deadspin.com/5962514/d+iii-players-138-point+game-is-a-sham-record-and-shouldnt-be-celebrated-by-anyone

Excerpts:

"The strategy was to use a full court press after a made basket, with the caveat that [the player seeking the record] would not cross into the defensive side of the court. So, after our opponents broke our press, we were essentially playing four-on-five, which enabled the other team to take quicker shots and fall into our game plan.

There were a LOT of possessions where Taylor would chuck up a shot, miss, and his teammate would get the rebound wide open under the basket. Instead of putting it back up, he would look for Taylor again and pass it out so he could chuck another three. There were many possessions where this happened three times each. Six three-point attempts in two trips down the court.

Literally 75% of [Faith Baptist's] points were full court heaves to get it over Grinnell's press, then a wide open layup on the other end. Oh, and David Larsen's "impressive" 70-point effort? Hardly. They were 90% wide open layups. He maybe took a handful of jump shots.

The announcer actually said that Grinnell will look on their schedule for their weaker opponents and do everything they can to run up the score and break records. This is all within the game plan. One tactic the announcer mentioned was called "The Bomb Squad". If Grinnell's opponent gets into the double bonus, Grinnell will sub in five freshmen players, foul their opponent immediately once the ball is in play, send them to the line, then sub the freshmen players out to put their scorers back in on offense. This takes almost no time off the clock, giving their starters as many offensive possessions as possible.

Yep, let's salute this team and its coach for making a mockery of the game against a sad sack opponent that sucks so bad it's not in either the NCAA or the NAIA ... it's in division 2 of the laughingly inept NCCAA.

DMC
11-21-2012, 05:34 PM

Except he didn't make 71 3 pointers else he would have 213 points at least. Bryant should be amazed, and wonder who's doing that fucking math.

DMC
11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I scored 350 in NBA Live. Same meaningless horse shit. The coach should be fired.

CubanMustGo
11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I scored 350 in NBA Live. Same meaningless horse shit. The coach should be fired.

Especially if you consider his gimmicky "system" hasn't gotten them in the playoffs for over ten years now. They usually flame out in the first or second round of their conference championship.

Latarian Milton
11-22-2012, 03:34 AM
dude got a pair of quick hands which enable him to beat the opponent's blocking attempts. its true that kids don't play much D and there was no nigga playing in there but that was still an establishment to score 100+ points imho. some NBA teams should draft him straightly out of the shitty league and put him where he deserves to be tbh

DMC
11-22-2012, 10:19 AM
No, any college that hires a guy who enforces that kind of shitty system needs to be removed from the NCAA. The spirit of the records is to be in the midst of competition, not running a scam to break records. The whole sports house of cards is crumbling in every corner as people cheat and dope and find shitty ways to do things for recognition that don't include direct competition.

Imagine you play for that school and your coach has one guy taking over 100 shots. Why would anyone else play except for a paid scholarship?

ambchang
11-22-2012, 11:15 AM
LOL at all Kobe fans coming in to defend the kid strictly because the title of this thread.

timvp
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Tbh, my first reaction was to scoff lil bro but damn after looking at the play-by-play, the kid went HAAAAAAMMMMM at the end of the game.

03:54 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 151 - FAITH 93 (GCM by 58)
03:46 FAITH MISS FT by BETZ,TYLER
REBOUND DEF by LEVIN,AARON
03:40 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 154 - FAITH 93 (GCM by 61)
03:32 FAITH TURNOVER by LARSON,DAVID
03:31 GCM STEAL by YEAGER,LUKE
03:25 GCM TURNOVER by YEAGER,LUKE
03:24 FAITH GOOD LAYUP by LARSON,DAVID(in the paint) GCM 154 - FAITH 95 (GCM by 59)
03:15 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 157 - FAITH 95 (GCM by 62)
03:02 FAITH GOOD LAYUP by LARSON,DAVID(in the paint) GCM 157 - FAITH 97 (GCM by 60)
02:52 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 160 - FAITH 97 (GCM by 63)
02:38 FAITH GOOD LAYUP by LARSON,DAVID(in the paint) GCM 160 - FAITH 99 (GCM by 61)
02:31 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 163 - FAITH 99 (GCM by 64)
02:20 FAITH TURNOVER by BETZ,TYLER
02:19 GCM STEAL by YEAGER,LUKE
02:11 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 166 - FAITH 99 (GCM by 67)
02:01 FAITH TURNOVER by ROCHA,JON
02:00 GCM STEAL by LEVIN,AARON
ASSIST by LEVIN,AARON
01:57 GCM GOOD 3PTR by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 169 - FAITH 99 (GCM by 70)
01:43 FAITH GOOD LAYUP by LARSON,DAVID(in the paint) GCM 169 - FAITH 101 (GCM by 68)
01:37 FAITH FOUL by BETZ,TYLER
01:37 GCM GOOD FT by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 170 - FAITH 101 (GCM by 69)
01:37 GCM GOOD FT by TAYLOR,JACK GCM 171 - FAITH 101 (GCM by 70)
01:33 GCM SUB OUT by TAYLOR,JACK

:wow

He went 7-for-7 on three-pointers AFTER he had already scored 115 points. That's impressive no matter the scenario. Hitting your last seven three-pointers and then checking out with 1:33 remaining in the game is boss territory, tbqhwy.

tldr: scrub basketball player living out every scrub basketball player's dream

JohnnyMax
11-22-2012, 04:18 PM
He must have watch that infamous basketball video - Kobe Bryant Instructional Video : THE ART OF PASSING

FkLA
11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Tbh, my first reaction was to scoff lil bro but damn after looking at the play-by-play, the kid went HAAAAAAMMMMM at the end of the game.

:wow

He went 7-for-7 on three-pointers AFTER he had already scored 115 points. That's impressive no matter the scenario. Hitting your last seven three-pointers and then checking out with 1:33 remaining in the game is boss territory, tbqhwy.

tldr: scrub basketball player living out every scrub basketball player's dream

Doesnt really matter at what point he did that since he stayed on the opponents half of the court the whole time. Its not like he was expending energy on anything other than shooting. Jacking up shots is probably the easiest and less tiring thing in basketball. This 'record' is retarded no matter how you look at it.

ffadicted
11-22-2012, 07:58 PM
This is fucking pathetic

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 02:44 AM
I know you like to troll, but if he made 71-3 ptrs, he'd have a tad more than 138 pts. ;)

Clipper Nation
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I was just laughing at Kobe's ballhog envy, tbh....

pad300
11-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Tanning contest...

and although this applies to just about everybody, not just the "white boys",

IQ test.