PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a white car??

sa_butta
06-28-2005, 10:13 AM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1443976.html?menu=

White cars a hit for bird droppings

Birds prefer their droppings to be on white cars, according to a scientific study.

Student teacher Charles West, 37, carried out the survey for his department of education at Bristol University.

He enlisted the help of 40 researchers and counted bird droppings on 2,000 motors reports The Sun.

The team concluded that birds were less likely to dirty navy blue and black.

Bird expert Dr Derek Toomer said they might "bomb" white cars because they associate the colour with predators.

He added: "Birds do respond to colours."

Sounds like a bunch of shit to me because I have a black car and those bastards always find ways to crap on it. But according to this white cars get it the worst.

SWC Bonfire
06-28-2005, 10:46 AM
In related news, don't park your car under trees inhabited by thousands of grackles. Also, your car will be least likely to be shit on if it is lavender or hot pink, because no one has a car that color and everyone has a white one.

SpursWoman
06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a bunch of shit to me because I have a black car and those bastards always find ways to crap on it. But according to this white cars get it the worst.

I agree with you.....I've had both, and they definitely like my black car better.

:flipoff :cuss

desflood
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Nah. It just shows up better on the dark cars.

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I had a white camero. It was constantly covered in bird shit.
but you couldn't really tell and it blended well since the paint was that dupont white and faded quicker thne a onehit wonder.

2Blonde
06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
I have a white car and I haven't noticed that it get any more bird shit than any other car I've ever had. I'd say that study is full of shit.

...2Blonde

KewlKat00
06-28-2005, 02:24 PM
i have a white car... and it looks like a whole family (extended family included, not just parents and babies) of birds chose my car. but that could just be because there are alot of trees on my street... and i havent washed it in a few months. i dont think birds really care where they go.

iminlakerland
06-28-2005, 04:35 PM
well i have a red car and mom gots a white car, i can definately attest that moms car gets shitted on much more frequently then mines and 90% of the time were parked around the same place.

ALVAREZ6
06-28-2005, 04:46 PM
You know you have no life when you spend hours of research on bird shit...