PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** Pac-12 basketball revival thread

Pages : [1] 2

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm tired of using the Shabazz thread.

This is da year Pac-12 basketball is no longer a laughable embarrassment :cry

UCLA and UofA both have top 10 talent and should be ranked around or in the top 10 all year. Arizona's out-of-conference schedule has an easy enough start where hopefully it has the same effect it had 2010-2011. UCLA might lose a few more out-of-conference-games because Shabazz is still getting worked in by they'll be rolling by March.

Cal and Colorado are still good teams. One or both should finish top 25.

Jahii Carson will maybe make ASU a team that's somewhat competitive.

This year will be da year the Pac-12 rebounds and gets more than 2 at large bids :lol

JMarkJohns
11-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Oregon with upset win over UNLV. Hate that it was west-on-west crime, though.

I think Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, and Cal are locks for NCAA, with USC, Oregon and Stanford on the bubble. USC has plenty of talent, but most of it's returning from injury, transferred in, or freshman. They'll start slow then be damn good in conference once players better fit scheme. My guess is they get five in. There's still a negative view of the conference overall.

JMarkJohns
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Goddamn it, UCLA! Hold up your fuckin' end of this revival, will ya, please?! Fuck!

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Fire Howland already tbh

JMarkJohns
11-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I think they should keep him until Arizona signs Gordon and gets either McGloughlin or Parker-Cartwright.

baseline bum
11-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Cal fucking Poly? Don't tell me they're going to lose to Caltech next.

Clipper Nation
11-26-2012, 01:26 PM
lol ucla

JMarkJohns
11-28-2012, 10:46 AM
And #19 Colorado poops the bed but cleans the sheets in plenty of time to win in OT vs nobody Texas Southern.

JMarkJohns
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Josh Smith leaving UCLA. Twixt this, Lamb's transfer, Anderson's benching, and naming three UNC castoffs captains, my guess is this PAC-12 revival loses some of luster with UCLA being such a dumpster fire.

JMarkJohns
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Arizona just beat the ever lovin' shit out of my employer... :lol

Disappointed they didn't get Ashley more involved in the offense.

Homeland Security
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Josh Smith leaving UCLA.
Transferring to Golden Corral?

JMarkJohns
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I heard he was looking for a system that feeds the posts more.

Xylus
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
I didn't get to watch the NAU-UofA game last night, but it was a lot of fun following the box score on my phone as the game went along. :lol

I was a little surprised earlier this week when we were slotted at #9, given how few games we've played so far, but the offensive stats don't lie: Overall, 8th in PPG, 2nd in APG, 10th in FG%. I know our competition has been really week, but I'm very pleased with 2nd half play on both ends.

Brandon Ashley has me really excited, as well.

JMarkJohns
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
They'll play competition soon enough. NAU almost beat Oregon.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Transferring to Golden Corral?

:lmao

JMarkJohns
12-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Arizona and everyone else... Disappointed with the rest of the conference.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Arizona and everyone else... Disappointed with the rest of the conference.

Lets not get arrogant quite yet :lol, but them dominating on the road, even though TT is a bad team, is a sign of how much better they are than last year when every road game was a struggle. If they're undefeated heading into the UF game and win it that'll probably put them in the top 5.

Mark Lyons transfering here and not having to sit a year might have saved us from another rebuilding year in and of itself. Miller finally having a PG who not only can shoot but has NBA range makes the offense look much better and makes it so other players don't face so much traffic due to horrible spacing. I'd like to see Lyons cut down on the reckless plays and the team not settle for 3s so quickly, but that will probably change once teams figure out they can't pack the paint like last year and leave the perimeter wide open. Their defense also looks really good except the rebounding is still a work in progress given how much they should be dominating them.

Meanwhile, UCLA looks like a partial birth abortion. They don't even show that much potential when I watch them. Shabazz is as talented as advertised but he seems completely indifferent as to how his 1 year in college will go. Powell, Adams and the Wears are the only players on UCLA who seem to give a shit. Their fat center experiment has gone nowhere with Smith gone and Parker injured. Anderson couldn't look any worse if he wanted to. I'll be amazed if Howland gets to keep his job if this year keeps going the way it has for them.

The rest of the Pac has actually shown some promise tho. Cal and Colorado will definitely be in the tournament w/ Oregon also playing like a tourney team so far. If those 3 make it and UCLA turns their season around enough to make it, I'd say it's an overall good year for the Pac. The conference is still weak enough where there's no reason UA can't repeat the 2010-2011 record or close to it.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Arizona has three non-conference tests left: @ Clemson, home vs. Florida, neutral vs. San Diego State (most likely). They have the talent to win all three. After this, @ UCLA, @ Colorado, @ Cal and maybe home vs. last two will be only real tests. Was expecting so much more from the Bruins, especially, but a stronger Trojans, Huskies, and Cardinals squads as well.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I kinda thought the Huskies falling off was inevitable. It seems like the last few years they've been incapable of putting good recruiting classes together and it's caught up to them. Angelo Chol seeking UA out and eventually chosing us knowing he'd have to scratch and claw for every minute of PT he gets here when Washington had been recruiting him for over a year and promising him significant PT was not a good sign of things to come for their program.

BUMP
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
sup 'ased?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 12:09 PM
sup 'ased?

Sup Big 'hn Sul

JMarkJohns
12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Gaddy and Wilcox should be enough to compete. Washington can't even do that.

baseline bum
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Meanwhile, UCLA looks like a partial birth abortion. They don't even show that much potential when I watch them. Shabazz is as talented as advertised but he seems completely indifferent as to how his 1 year in college will go. Powell, Adams and the Wears are the only players on UCLA who seem to give a shit. Their fat center experiment has gone nowhere with Smith gone and Parker injured. Anderson couldn't look any worse if he wanted to. I'll be amazed if Howland gets to keep his job if this year keeps going the way it has for them.

:cry Steve L:lolvin years, part II :cry

Shabazz plays the Baron Davis role and everyone else is JaRon Rush

JMarkJohns
12-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Almost a great night after Arizona almost crapped the bed.

Blake
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
USC isn't very good.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Washington St. getting that win woulda been huge.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Jmark- do you know if there is any specific reason why we scheduled such a low amount of out of conference games this year? It doesn't make much sense to me given how inexperienced the team is together.

JMarkJohns
12-06-2012, 10:36 AM
We were in talks for an early season tournament and the Carrier Classic which fell through, scheduled teams like Tech, and joined that Hawaii tournament over Holiday break (Miami and likely SDSU). It'll eventually pick up, but it'll never be what it was under Lute.

JMarkJohns
12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
USC isn't very good.

Coaching. They have enough experience and talent to be a tough team to beat. O'Niell sucks...

MannyIsGod
12-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Pac 12 = MWC bitcch TBQH

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Watching this UA Clemson game, it strengthens my theory that the 2005-2007 Phoenix Suns and the circus surrounding it infected basketball in Arizona and made it so every basketball team at every level in Arizona tries to be a 3 point chucking, offense oriented fast break team regardless of the personnel. I have no fuckin idea why this team chucks so many threes and tries so hard to push the tempo, but it's gonna be their downfall.

JMarkJohns
12-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I get pushing tempo, but those threes will bury them vs. Florida. They lack post recognition skills, be it timing, spacing, or passing. It should improve, but not if they just chuck shit threes all the time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I get pushing tempo

I don't.

JMarkJohns
12-08-2012, 09:23 PM
They have the horses, but they are shitting all over the place right now. Between Hills butterfingers and Lyons lack of PG instincts, this game has been fumbled away. They built their lead attacking. They've almost entirely stopped. Only reason Clrmdon is in this is because UA is forcing tempo, so, to that end, I agree with you.

I hate saying it, but against physical play, Hill is useless.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-09-2012, 10:56 AM
They have the horses, but they are shitting all over the place right now. Between Hills butterfingers and Lyons lack of PG instincts, this game has been fumbled away. They built their lead attacking. They've almost entirely stopped. Only reason Clrmdon is in this is because UA is forcing tempo, so, to that end, I agree with you.

I hate saying it, but against physical play, Hill is useless.

Yeah that was my point, when they slowed it down last night and made it a contest of who can score in the half court, Clemson got blown out. When they decided to push the ball for no reason it let Clemson back in the game, largely because Lyons is totally inexperienced at being the PG who has to get back on D to prevent the other team's fast breaks.

At least for the immediate future, I think Miller needs to give some of Jerrett's minutes to Chol. Jerrett is playing out of control, forcing things way too much, and when he's on the court the other team gets a ton of offensive boards cause he doesn't consistently box out. When Chol gets extended PT and has time to get in the rhythm of the game, he's an elite help/PnR defender. I see virtually no improvement in his game offensively but he knows his place on offensive and doesn't do dumb stuff.

Unfortunately none of this matters if Solo Hill pulls a Nic Wise/Kyle Fogg and decides to mail in his senior season with extremely inefficient offense and bad decisions when everyone expects him to be a leader on a young team. Lyons has had plenty of bad moments so far as a SG in a PG's body, but he's tried his best to show leadership and calm the team down when things are out of control. I haven't seen any of that from Solo. He seems more concerned with showing NBA scouts he can effectively transition to SG/SF at the next level.

JMarkJohns
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I agree on on Chol. I want to see more of a Ashley/Chol frontcourt. Elite defense, rebounding, athleticism, better bulk... And it's not like Tarc is Kareem on offense yet. He short arms more hooks than Chol takes shots.

My ideal lineup is Lyons, Johnson, Hill, Ashley, Chol.

JMarkJohns
12-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Arizona and everyone else in the PAC...

This team has a chance at legit Title contention with continued improvement.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2012, 01:16 PM
The PAC 12 is basically Arizona and no one else but Arizona is damn good. I wish we played them this season. :(

Honestly makes sense to schedule a home and home with you guys.

symple19
12-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Enjoyed watching them beat Florida

JMarkJohns
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
The PAC 12 is basically Arizona and no one else but Arizona is damn good. I wish we played them this season. :(

Honestly makes sense to schedule a home and home with you guys.

Makes sense for rpi to schedule a neutral court game. Miller typically only does non-conference home/home for fertile recruiting areas. New York and Florida last year, Deep South and Texas this year. Michigan and Midwest in coming years.

UNLV is much more likely for a home/home series because of Findlay Prep exposure.

That said, I would like home/home with a West rotation of UNLV, San Diego State, Gonzaga (in Seattle/Phoenix), Southwest of SMU, Houston or Rice, Midwest with Ohio State, Missouri, Dayton, East with St. John's (return in Phoenix), Villanova or Temple, and Southeast with Florida, NC State or Wake Forest, and Memphis.

Not all every year, but one from each region each year.

Wouldn't mind scheduling teams like UNM. I just don't see home/home, unless its a Dallas or Houston/Phoenix or Las Vegas type location.

Would love to have a home/home with Kansas, but after all the super-conference dealings, apparently that bridge is burned for a while.

That said, UNM has always provided a hostile atmosphere that would be great to have the team experience.

MannyIsGod
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
The atmosphere in the Pit is awesome. The UNLV game last year is one of the loudest games I've ever been to and great fun.

JMarkJohns
12-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Lute vowed never to play in The Pit again... Underrated as far as home-court advantages. It's great experience for great teams with Title aspirations.

BUMP
12-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Watching this UA Clemson game, it strengthens my theory that the 2005-2007 Phoenix Suns and the circus surrounding it infected basketball in Arizona and made it so every basketball team at every level in Arizona tries to be a 3 point chucking, offense oriented fast break team regardless of the personnel. I have no fuckin idea why this team chucks so many threes and tries so hard to push the tempo, but it's gonna be their downfall.

Interesting. All I remember UA getting against Tech was layups, dunks, and free throws.

JMarkJohns
12-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Rumors are swirling that Howkand could be out before season's end, maybe sooner than later.

JMarkJohns
12-24-2012, 05:21 PM
UCLA finally starting to play well.

Arizona

(BIIIIIIIIIG GAP)

UCLA
Colorado, Oregon

-bubble-
Cal, Stanford
-likely out-
ASU
-out-
Everybody else

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Another ridiculous win from this team.

Pelicans78
12-26-2012, 08:14 AM
This game wasn't in HD on ESPN2.

JMarkJohns
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
ESPN decided shipping their HD equipment to Hawaii wasn't worth the expense. Worldwide leader in disappointment.

Arizona is a very good, very flawed team. However, they have enough depth at everything that matters that those flaws seldom bite them. With their depth of size, shooting, seniors, athleticism, versatility, defense, and leadership, they just need to eliminate the self-induced mistakes such as sloppy play and reckless shot-selection and they'll be in every game they play in now until the Elite 8 minimum.

JMarkJohns
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Hear UCLA BIIIIIIG man, Tony Parker is 90% likely he's transferring at weeks end.

JMarkJohns
12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
For those wondering why, hearing Howland and staff out at year's end, meaning his former AAU coach-turned-UCLA assistant will no longer be there, so get out while the getting out is good.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
For those wondering why, hearing Howland and staff out at year's end, meaning his former AAU coach-turned-UCLA assistant will no longer be there, so get out while the getting out is good.
The Missouri game will probably decide how long Howland gets. If UCLA wins that game Howland isn't getting fired with a 5 game winning streak and victory against a top 10 team headed into Pac-12 play.

JMarkJohns
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm hearing he's gone. Parker's possible transfer may give them cause amidst wins since it will be the third in-season transfer this year thus far for a team without a scholarship crunch, so it's all about players and coaches relationships.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Lets go UCLA!

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-29-2012, 12:20 AM
UCLA wins in OT

no fuckin way Howland gets fired after that

JMarkJohns
12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm hearing he's gone. Short of a Final 4, I don't think anything saves him.

When Parker transfers and Shabazz and Anderson go pro, there just won't be any upside for them to retain a coach that arguably drives away as many students as he brings in. His transfer list is a top-10 team, and his reputation cost them any chance at Gordon, Hamilton, and Jackson-Cartwright, three SoCal 5-star prospects. Gordon is going to rival Arizona, Hamilton opted for UTEP over SDSU, UNLV and assorted other PAC-12 fair before considering UCLA, and I've heard PJC is literally so reluctant to leave the LA area he's withholding an AZ commit until he sees if Howland is fired and who they bring in to replace in case.

My guy says he's gone, so he's gone.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm hearing he's gone. Short of a Final 4, I don't think anything saves him.

When Parker transfers and Shabazz and Anderson go pro, there just won't be any upside for them to retain a coach that arguably drives away as many students as he brings in. His transfer list is a top-10 team, and his reputation cost them any chance at Gordon, Hamilton, and Jackson-Cartwright, three SoCal 5-star prospects. Gordon is going to rival Arizona, Hamilton opted for UTEP over SDSU, UNLV and assorted other PAC-12 fair before considering UCLA, and I've heard PJC is literally so reluctant to leave the LA area he's withholding an AZ commit until he sees if Howland is fired and who they bring in to replace in case.

My guy says he's gone, so he's gone.
I never questioned that he's gone when the season is over, I'm just saying he's not getting fired midseason. Maybe that's what you meant by "year's end". I thought you meant he's gone by the end of 2012.

JMarkJohns
12-29-2012, 11:59 AM
End of the season for certain. The in-season firing was something I heard rumblings over. The idea behind was to get him out before some sort of death rattle that brings just enough hope/success that it made things difficult in perception to get rid of him. If Parker transfers, I still think there's a chance that's the last straw. You don't have two McD AAs and a third top-40 recruit transfer in a half a season with impunity.

JMarkJohns
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Arizona is as lucky as they are good.

Some pure livin' or something.

13-0, bitches!

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
seeing ASU fans bukkake facebook with angry statuses about it made that call that much better rofl rofl

JMarkJohns
01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
All that matters is the final score.

Bill_Brasky
01-04-2013, 01:14 AM
What a crazy call. Arizona is the better team, but that one was gifted.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-04-2013, 01:18 AM
That call was totally bad, hopefully it's a wakeup for Arizona to stop playing with fire and mailing the first 30 minutes of the game in. Them losing to an inferior team is inevitable if they keep playing like this.

blkroadrunners
01-04-2013, 06:49 AM
If the game was in Boulder, that shot would still stand, imo. It's that homecourt treatment.

Still a bad call regardless though.

JMarkJohns
01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I initially thought bad call, still feel as though UA got a gift, but Ken Pomroy has me convinced the play could not be proven conclusively, and the rule says a made shot must have left the fingers before time expired conclusively.

Not to say I wouldn't be pissed with shoe being on other foot.

Teams have been coming in shooting upwards of 10-15% higher from range than their season averages. Millers defense is always strong against the three, but with this now the third or fourth "fluke" shooting game by an opponent, I'm ready to say Miller needs to adjust his defensive schemes to a press when teams come out blazing. UAs press has owned when employed and has succeeded in rattling the offense of the opposition. Employ it long enough to speed up their internal clock and get them hurrying.

JMarkJohns
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
At some point Arizona is going to need to learn from why they need luck to win, and just just learn to rely on it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-05-2013, 09:25 PM
The problem is this team should have great balance but Lyons and Nick Johnson take way too many shots and do a horrible job feeding the post. It's like watching Nic Wise ignore Derrick Williams part II.

JMarkJohns
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Millers systems are guard oriented, so it makes sense they will take more shots. We're also not defending with urgency any longer. I fear they've officially bought into the "flip switch" mentality that it will be there when needed. I think Miller sitting Ashley was to send a message that effort is to be sustained from tip to buzzer on both ends.

JMarkJohns
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/do-you-regret-coming-to-ucla-tony-parker-no-comment/

Parker stayed for the year, but my guess is he's gone after the year.

JMarkJohns
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Huge game right now twixt Arizona at Oregon. The only meeting of the year. Winner gets tie-breaker.

Xylus
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Haven't seen reffing this bad since... the Arizona-Colorado game.

JMarkJohns
01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
They have been terrible, but so is Arizona right now. With the passing of Lyons-Johnson-Parrom-Hill, this team should be much better a cohesive unit than they are on offense, and this is by far the worst perimeter defense I have ever seen with a Sean Miller team, which the collective talent should find impossible.

Bad loss. Now quit trying to be perfect and actually learn and develop. I'd rather be a well-playing 4-seed than a stagnant 2-seed.

DesignatedT
01-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Message somebody to get the pac12 edited out of the title and make this the CBB thread. Maybe you'll get some hits and posts then.

JMarkJohns
01-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Why would we do that? Seems just fine on its own twixt the roughly dozen of us PAC
12 fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Message somebody to get the pac12 edited out of the title and make this the CBB thread. Maybe you'll get some hits and posts then.

Who said we wanted that?

Anywho, I pretty much agree with JMark. UA being undefeated led to Miller and the players caring way too much about the short term results. We shouldn't have 3 different starters logging 35+ minutes this early in the season when the bench has as much talent as it does. Being undefeated made developing Ashley, Jerrett and Tarc less of a priority which was the worst part. The way we struggle to get the ball to them against the zone is a problem that won't be solved by Lyons Johnson and Hill jacking up more 3s.

They've got a lot of work to do if they're gonna be ready for March.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
JMarkJohns, have you heard about the great year Josiah Turner had after being basically kicked off the team? He got kicked off SMU's team before the season started, lasted less than a month in Hungary, and just got kicked off his 3rd team since Arizona in a Canadian league. This guy is a total headcase.

JMarkJohns
01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
You gotta keep usage recreational. It's about the only thing he cares about right now.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Coaching. They have enough experience and talent to be a tough team to beat. O'Niell sucks...

O'Niell fired.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Smart to get a likely jump on UCLA for coaching to secure roads with recruits.

JMarkJohns
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Three teams now ranked:

7. Arizona
21. Oregon
24. UCLA

Really wish Anthony Bennett had gone to Oregon.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2013, 02:51 PM
It doesn't matter. Anthony Bennett is one and done. Rice is a terrible coach at UNLV. Dude had Bennett on the bench last night so he's lucky they beat SDSU.

JMarkJohns
01-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Bennett on Oregon and they are a top12 team, if not better. Oregon has good shooting and versatility to make a run of things, but they lack a star to compact the defense and create shots, or take over when guarded one on one.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
UofA runs ASU off of its own court, Oregon and UCLA in a close one right now.

Big fuckin game next Thursday between the two best teams in the Pac imo.

JMarkJohns
01-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Great being at the game, today. Sat right above the student section and orchestrated several U-OF-A chants, much to the chagrin of the Scummies.

Great frontcourt defense, great backcourt offense.

JMarkJohns
01-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Oregon is so lucky. They play both UA and UCLA just once, winning both. Gonna be tough for either to make up effectively a two game deficit now that Oregon won two of the three toughest games they play all season. AZ needs Colorado to beat them twice. Maybe Wasington will take em down?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Oregon is so lucky. They play both UA and UCLA just once, winning both. Gonna be tough for either to make up effectively a two game deficit now that Oregon won two of the three toughest games they play all season. AZ needs Colorado to beat them twice. Maybe Wasington will take em down?

I think Oregon will eventually come back down to earth. Their lack of a premier talent is gonna lose a few conference games for them.

tlongII
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
The Ducks look like the best team in the conference. The Beavs have been a disappointment. We need to fire Craig Robinson. Horrible coach.

JMarkJohns
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Not sure how you can say that. Arizona has 9 wins vs. the RPI top 100, 7 vs. RPI top 50, 3 vs. top RPI top 25 and 2 vs. RPI top 10. Only team in the country with a one loss record and a résumé like that is Duke. Oregon is solid, but maybe half AZs résumé.

Oregon barely beat Arizona at home.

As far as eye test, nobody has the look more than Arizona. A close road loss to a now top-20 team is hardly even a blemish compared to a loss vs. UTEP (who AZ beat by 20).

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Not sure how you can say that.

Cause he's a homer.

JMarkJohns
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Likely Arizona or Washington commit, Aaron Gordon, put on a show today. Multiple top-10 worthy plays.

tlongII
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Not sure how you can say that. Arizona has 9 wins vs. the RPI top 100, 7 vs. RPI top 50, 3 vs. top RPI top 25 and 2 vs. RPI top 10. Only team in the country with a one loss record and a résumé like that is Duke. Oregon is solid, but maybe half AZs résumé.

Oregon barely beat Arizona at home.

As far as eye test, nobody has the look more than Arizona. A close road loss to a now top-20 team is hardly even a blemish compared to a loss vs. UTEP (who AZ beat by 20).

Oregon is 2-0 against Arizona and UCLA including a win a Pauley. That's how.

JMarkJohns
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Oregon is 2-0 against Arizona and UCLA including a win a Pauley. That's how.

With no return to McKale. Arizona has the #2 RPI in the country with a better résumé. A 4-point win that was as close as three with Arizona possession and under 30 seconds to play in Eugene isn't anywhere close to a determining factor. Is UTEP better than Oregon because it beat them at home?

UCLA plays shitty defense and Oregon caught Arizona on a bad shooting night.

It'll be difficult for either AZ or UCLA to overtake Oregon with Oregon falling apart due to the unbalanced schedule. But Arizona will be contending for a top-2 seed come tourney time. Oregon, a 4 if lucky, and probably a 5 or 6.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
With no return to McKale. Arizona has the #2 RPI in the country with a better résumé. A 4-point win that was as close as three with Arizona possession and under 30 seconds to play in Eugene isn't anywhere close to a determining factor. Is UTEP better than Oregon because it beat them at home?

UCLA plays shitty defense and Oregon caught Arizona on a bad shooting night.

It'll be difficult for either AZ or UCLA to overtake Oregon with Oregon falling apart due to the unbalanced schedule. But Arizona will be contending for a top-2 seed come tourney time. Oregon, a 4 if lucky, and probably a 5 or 6.
I guess I'm one to talk since I get suckered into these arguments all the time with dumb people, but why are you arguing with Tlong :lol

I still say Oregon will lose 2+ conference games simply because they aren't that good and don't have a star player who can do shit when their ball movement/shooting isn't creating offense. I wouldn't count on more than 3 conference losses, so that doesn't leave much room for error the rest of the season.

JMarkJohns
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
It's my informative curse. I have info. People need it. I say it.

tlongII
01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry I had to give you guys an Pac-12 Hoops education beat-down like that. I can't help myself sometimes.

JMarkJohns
01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Sure, sure. Ignore facts, stats, and the fact your best team lost to UTEP whom Arizona beat by 20.

JMarkJohns
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Arizona now #1 RPI after Miami, a team AZ beat by 20 destroyed previous #1 Duke by 30.

JMarkJohns
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Awesome... Great start, fellas. Damn it!

JMarkJohns
01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
This loss is going to hurt.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Not saying fire him or anything, but it's time for people to acknowledge that Miller has a few major flaws as a coach. The way he's let the identity of the team become Mark Lyons' volatile, early onset dementia personality is gonna cost this team any chance at making a serious run in March.

JMarkJohns
01-24-2013, 11:39 PM
They have completely abandoned feeding the bigs. Really pissing me off. Granted, they are all prone to mistakes, but many are inexperiential ones that get better with reps.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-24-2013, 11:54 PM
They have completely abandoned feeding the bigs.

Which is 100% Miller's fault. He's let Mark Lyons completely takeover and turn the team into an unbalanced 3 point chucking team.

Venti Quattro
01-24-2013, 11:54 PM
STAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD DDDDDDDDDDDD :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

get in here, baseline bum Killakobe81 IronMexican

Ariz:lolna

:lmao USC

JMarkJohns
01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
STAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD DDDDDDDDDDDD :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

get in here, baseline bum Killakobe81 IronMexican

You still lost to Cal Poly.

That said, losing at McKale wasn't a loss I expected.

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Which is 100% Miller's fault. He's let Mark Lyons completely takeover and turn the team into an unbalanced 3 point chucking team.

Agreed, though some of it may have to do with none of them consistently playing with aggression around the basket. I'd expected more from Ashley in this area. Not gonna lie. Pretty disappointed.

Venti Quattro
01-25-2013, 12:05 AM
crofl I meant IronMaxipad :lol

Great win by the Bruins, tbh.

:lol losing to Cal Poly

baseline bum
01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Fucking shit, I saw the teaser for the game last night while watching Duke get cornholed by Miami, and figured it was a Saturday game! :pctoss

baseline bum
01-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Cal Poly > UCLA > Arizona

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Cal Poly > UCLA > Arizona

And Arizona +20 > Miami +30 > #1 Duke

baseline bum
01-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Wow, you're right: Duke sucks.

:lol Duke worse than Cal Poly

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 12:22 AM
If :lolnly. Regardless of fan affiliations, both AZ and UCLA fans could enjoy that.

tlongII
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Arizona now #1 RPI after Miami, a team AZ beat by 20 destroyed previous #1 Duke by 30.

How's that working out for ya? :lol

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Pretty crappy. Doesn't change a thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2013, 12:41 AM
How's that working out for ya? :lol

About as well as this basketball season is working out for the Beavers.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2013, 01:05 AM
The Ducks look like the best team in the conference. The Beavs have been a disappointment. We need to fire Craig Robinson. Horrible coach.

No fucking way. Arizona has looked the best and its not even close. I don't even care they lost tonight.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Likely Arizona or Washington commit, Aaron Gordon, put on a show today. Multiple top-10 worthy plays.

I hope he goes to Washington. His brother really tried to sell him on UNM but it doesn't look like its in the cards so I hope you don't get him either. :lol

MannyIsGod
01-25-2013, 01:09 AM
Wow, you're right: Duke sucks.

:lol Duke worse than Cal Poly

:lmao

Fuck Duke

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 01:10 AM
No fucking way. Arizona has looked the best and its not even close. I don't even care they lost tonight.

Exactly.

They lost by a handful of possessions in a game they shot like 15-20% in the 1st half.

They have flaws. Tragic ones, even, but their résumé and 2nd-half ability in 90% of the games is damned impressive.

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
I hope he goes to Washington. His brother really tried to sell him on UNM but it doesn't look like its in the cards so I hope you don't get him either. :lol

Wasington would be a huge mistake if he wants to compete for anything meaningful. I can see Kentucky if they miss on Wiggins.

At this point, I'd sacrifice Gordon if it meant Ashley and Tarczewski play like the studs they are.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Exactly.

They lost by a handful of possessions in a game they shot like 15-20% in the 1st half.

They have flaws. Tragic ones, even, but their résumé and 2nd-half ability in 90% of the games is damned impressive.

Arizona SOS - 4
Oregon SOS - 76

And they have same amount of losses, so yeah.

JMarkJohns
01-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Yep.

This loss hurts, but does nothing to diminish their success. They have two losses, both to recently ranked teams, and have like 5 wins vs one-time/currently ranked teams.

tlongII
01-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Arizona SOS - 4
Oregon SOS - 76

And they have same amount of losses, so yeah.

Oregon is 2-0 against Arizona and UCLA, so no.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
I like how tlong bandwagons Oregon whenever the Beavers suck

MannyIsGod
01-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Tllong just trolling because his team is terrible :tu

tlongII
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm not trolling. I HATE the Ducks! Facts are facts though.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm hearing starting Oregon PG, Dominique Artis, may be out anywhere from a few games to the remainder of season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
If only Mark Lyons could suffer the same fate

Him getting run over by a car he thought he'd be able to fight due to his "East Coast Swagger!" would be better tho

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 01:29 PM
In my opinion, Lyons should come off the bench, sliding Johnson over to the 1 and starting Parrom at the 2. I like Lyons as energy off the bench and as a late game closer. I think shot selection and turnovers radically improve with this, and Parrom is the best at getting the ball into the lane for drop offs to the bigs, or finding them when working the FT line against a zone.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 01:32 PM
And if we win today, with Duke (1), Syracuse (3), Butler (8), Kansas State (11), and Minnesota (12) already losing, and Louisville (5) trailing in attempts to deny 3-game losing streak, AZ might only slip a spot or two. Hell, Kansas (4) barely won this week after needing multiple close games to win prior, and Michigan State (13) barely beat Wisconsin.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
And Louisville with a three game losing streak. They'll fall out of the top-10 altogether. So will Butler.

MannyIsGod
01-26-2013, 02:19 PM
We're coming for our Top 10 spot. I doubt we get there if we win today but we should be getting closer.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I think you have a shot with a win. A ton of teams in front of you lost. My guess is 14 to 11.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Ranked teams dropping like flies today. Add a second loss this week for both Kansas State and Minnesota, with New Mexico trailing big early.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 05:41 PM
How the fuck did Arizona lose to UCLA?! ASU is dominating them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Wow this makes UA look pathetic

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Arizona might hold on to #1 RPI even with the loss since Miami will skyrocket after knocking off Duke, SDSU beat top-15 UNM, ASU could---could---be ranked, and UCLA has a positive effect on SOS and RPI. AZ needs to win vs. USC, but some solid peripheral bumps that help even after the loss.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Wow this makes UA look pathetic

Even more pathetic was the goose egg came in front of multiple 5-star visitors from the 2014 class.

Top-2 prospect, PG Emmanuel Mudiay tweeted that Arizona--the state--was cool. Awesome! Way to make an impact.

MannyIsGod
01-26-2013, 06:31 PM
I think you have a shot with a win. A ton of teams in front of you lost. My guess is 14 to 11.

There goes that. We got our asses kicked today. NCAA ball is so skizo this year

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 06:36 PM
There goes that. We got our asses kicked today. NCAA ball is so skizo this year

It is. It's what happens when seniors are at best 2nd rounders across the country, and teams best players are often underclassmen.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Another insult to UCLA's loss' injury with a total domination of USC. Had they played with this level of effort, control on offense, and intensity on defense I doubt UCLA beats Arizona.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2013, 11:51 PM
fucking pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Oregon is 2-0 against Arizona and UCLA, so no.

lol getting jizzed on by Stanford
lol Tlong
lol Oregon

tlongII
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
lol getting jizzed on by Stanford
lol Tlong
lol Oregon

Dude I don't care about the Ducks. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Dude I don't care about the Ducks. :lol

And just like that the Ducks drop 2 straight Pac-12 games and Tlong stops caring about them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-09-2013, 11:07 AM
My god Oregon fuckin blows. I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the tournament completely.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
They have too many good wins to miss completely. They lost their starting PG. if Artis is back for the Tournament, then they'll be in, even with an iffy record.

JMarkJohns
02-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Stupid fuckin' Arizona...

At home. Really? The fuck?!

tlongII
02-10-2013, 09:06 PM
CROFL

JMarkJohns
02-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Pretty much.

Venti Quattro
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
hahahaharizona

JMarkJohns
02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Venti, UCLA lost to USC. USC. Let that sink in. USC.

thunderup
02-11-2013, 12:15 AM
:lol Duncanownskobe
:lol bragging about his college bball team
:lol losing to Cal

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2013, 12:28 AM

:lolbest win of the year coming against TCU's sloppy seconds

JMarkJohns
02-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Pretty much. AZs shit smells better than OU plays.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-11-2013, 12:57 AM
http://www.collegefootballstore.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_T-Shirts/browse/page/1/results/16/sort/TopSeller/source/gppc95-ncaa-oklahoma-site-link-tshirts?utm_content=BghViQTC&pcrid=6139667542&gclid=CLyv-KLJrbUCFYl_QgoddSwASg

Venti Quattro
02-11-2013, 02:48 AM
Venti, UCLA lost to USC. USC. Let that sink in. USC.

fuck you :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

DeadlyDynasty
02-15-2013, 12:18 AM
smh Arizona

JMarkJohns
02-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Inmates run the asylum. All I can say. When they lose to ASU at home, the fork stuck in them will be apt.

Gonna cost AZ Aaron Gordon. Shame of it all...

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I see AZ avoided disaster today as well

JMarkJohns
02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
They were cruising, then let up too soon.

Team has no mojo right now.

If Nick Johnson can get healthy, maybe they find their stride again.

MannyIsGod
02-22-2013, 05:03 AM
LOL Orgeon
LOL tllong

JMarkJohns
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
They were playing over their head at their peak, but Artis isn't Bibby or Rose. They really shouldn't have just fallen off like this from his loss. Cal's schedule is pretty easy. They could take the regular season title.

tlongII
02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
LOL Orgeon
LOL tllong

My team is Oregon State, not Oregon. But you can still LOL me.

tlongII
02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
The Ducks can't shoot right now.

MannyIsGod
02-23-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm LOLing your take that Oregon was better than Arizona.

JMarkJohns
02-24-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm not going to say Arizona has figured it out, but this is two games in a row the three freshman combined for 20-25 points and 14-20 rebounds. If that happens nightly with low turnovers and 20 or fewer 3-pointers, this Arizona squad just might convince me they are capable of a serious run.

Better defense, too. Want to see it at LA schools now.

JMarkJohns
02-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Five-star 2014 PG recruit, Parker Jackson Cartwright is officially a Wildcat!

Only 5-8 and unlikely to grow too much more, if his height remains in the 5-9/5-10 range, he has been called the perfect college PG. His offense has been compared to Chris Paul at the same age.

JMarkJohns
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Commit should help with 5-star combo-forward, Stanley Johnson, and borderline 4/5-star slashing wing, Namon Wright. All three from greater LA area. All three praised for their smarts, intensity, and coachability.

tlongII
02-24-2013, 10:07 PM

They were better than Arizona at that time.

JMarkJohns
02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Nope. Playing better for that game does not equal better.

Edward
02-25-2013, 08:55 AM
They were better than Arizona at that time.

If all they needed was an injury to Artis to come unglued, then they weren't.

tlongII
02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
A basketball season is a fluid item. Things change during the course of it.

rold50
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
:lol Arizona

JMarkJohns
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM

Tough loss. I said all season they needed to fire O'Niell

:lol USC for only doing it after their season was garbage!

rold50
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Tough loss. I said all season they needed to fire O'Niell

:lol USC for only doing it after their season was garbage!

They shouldn't have hired O'neill in the first place. They shouldn't have thrown Tim Floyd under the bus.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
I agree with you there. Floyd is an under appreciated commodity as a college coach.

MannyIsGod
02-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Floyd is a fuck. After what I read in "they play their hearts out" and all the other shit I believe the dude is scum. He's not done shit with UTEP other than bitch that UNM won't play them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-28-2013, 07:45 PM
USC had no choice but to fire Floyd after that scandal broke. Floyd was retarded for not fleeing the scene beforehand like other college coaches do. Hiring O'Neil was a horrible decision though.

rold50
03-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Actually, the NCAA cleared floyd of any wrongdoing in the oj mayo scandal. They didn't find any evidence that floyd paid OJ to come to USC. Mike Garret threw him under the bus with hopes that the NCAA won't bring down the hammer to the football team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Actually, the NCAA cleared floyd of any wrongdoing in the oj mayo scandal. They didn't find any evidence that floyd paid OJ to come to USC. Mike Garret threw him under the bus with hopes that the NCAA won't bring down the hammer to the football team.

I honestly didn't know that at all, pretty surprising. If that's the case then they really did fuck up by firing Floyd. Had they not done that Derrick Williams stays committed and they have a pretty solid team.

JMarkJohns
03-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Yeah, worst they could levy against Floyd was a lack of knowledge, but it wasnt an Eric Dickerson type benefit where Mayo was rolling around campus in a gold trans am. It was more subtle than that, but Floyd was the lesser name in the lesser program, so, he got the harsh treatment.

Floyd just landed a 5-star wing in Isaac Hamilton to play at UTEP. He's a good coach.

IronMaxipad
03-03-2013, 12:28 AM

get in here, baseline bum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131) Killakobe81 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10786) IronMexican (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12289)

:danceclub

tlongII
03-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Are you still LOLing? :lmao

JMarkJohns
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM

Yeah. Rough week. Oregon still doesn't have the résumé or ceiling of Arizona. That said, I think I overvalued their potential a bit much. I once thought this team capable of Elite 8 or better. Now I'd be surprised by it.

Every team loses on the road. Last time Arizona got swept in SoCal that team advanced to within one shot of the Final 4.

And that was to lesser SoCal teams.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah. Rough week. Oregon still doesn't have the résumé or ceiling of Arizona. That said, I think I overvalued their potential a bit much. I once thought this team capable of Elite 8 or better. Now I'd be surprised by it.

Every team loses on the road. Last time Arizona got swept in SoCal that team advanced to within one shot of the Final 4.

And that was to lesser SoCal teams.
That team also played great defense, cared about winning over everything else, and never went into games as jittery and scared shitless as this team does.

I knew this game was over the second I heard Sean Miller's halftime interview when he said, "If we cut down on the turnovers we'll at least have a shot!"

You're coaching the #12 team in the country against an unranked team, yet expressing the attitude of someone coaching Central Whyoming University in a game against Duke who's extremely happy to be down by only several possessions at halftime, and that mentality has totally trickled down to the team. They've gone into every recent game with the mentality that they're going to lose, the other team is gonna shoot 60% so they shouldn't even try on D, and the only way they have a shot is if they have a historic shooting night. The way this season has gone is totally 100% on Miller.

JMarkJohns
03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I agree with almost everything you said.

I'm disappointed, for sure.

Been disappointed in the play for a long time. Still doesn't make Oregon better.

UCLA I will admit to having AZ's number, no doubt. Same with Colorado.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah I agree about Oregon I was just wondering if you also noticed Miller's halftime interview and if it pissed you off as well.

JMarkJohns
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I didn't get back in time to see the game.

I helped lead a college work crew to the Hopi reservation, staying longer than expected after the elders we helped insisted we stay for a literal feast and parade for their Kachina ceremonies.

Much cooler than watching a basketball game.

MannyIsGod
03-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Yes. LOL @ you walking back your weak takes then coming back to stand by them because Arizona lost.

FWIW, My Lobos >>>> Arizona >>>>> Oregon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oregon St

MannyIsGod
03-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Any of you going to the Pac 12 tourny? Its in Vegas at the same time as the MWC tourney which I'm going to.

JMarkJohns
03-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I had plans to go Friday and Saturday, but I've opted to make a couple thousand photographing a wedding over that weekend in Tucson instead. Maybe next year.

tlongII
03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not going. The Beavs hoops team is a disaster. Obama's brother in law is a shitty coach.

JMarkJohns
03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Rumors abound that Tim Floyd and USC are flirting publicly.

Funny. The one that got away because he got caught up in the tread of the bus tires ya through him under...

Still think the job is Jamie Dixon's if Howland gets canned.

rold50
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Still think the job is Jamie Dixon's if Howland gets canned.

Why does Jamie Dixon not want to coach in the same conf as Howland?

JMarkJohns
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Out of respect for his mentor, Howland, at the chief rival school. Pretty common scenario, though it can be overcome, just see Herb Sendeck and Sean Miller.

Money could also talk.

JMarkJohns
03-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Congrats to UCLA on the Conference Title. Pisses me off to say it.

Oregon without Artis is trash.

thunderup
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
:lmao remember det time you all proclaimed OU was shitty in basketball
:lmao DOK
:lmao wrong

Venti Quattro
03-09-2013, 06:52 PM
baseline bum GET IN HERE!!! We da champs! :lobt2: :lobt2:

:lol Pac-12

baseline bum
03-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Sweet! My Bruins get that regular season championship just like 'dem Spurs!

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
:lmao remember det time you all proclaimed OU was shitty in basketball

Yeah

Are you trying to say they're actually good :lmao

Venti Quattro
03-15-2013, 10:45 PM
HOLY SHIT! UCLA is playing in the Pac-12 final!

:lol you can't beat UCLA

Clipper Nation
03-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Haven't really kept up with the PAC this year, but Arizona lost to UCLA THREE TIMES? I thought UCLA was shitty this year....

JMarkJohns
03-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Jordan Adams, game savior, out for year with broken foot.

And UCLA is a top-20 team, so they don't suck. They just know how to destroy Arizona.

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:01 PM
HOLY SHIT! UCLA is playing in the Pac-12 final!

:lol you can't beat UCLA

:lol DUNCANownsKOBE

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:05 PM
:lol thunderup
:lol OU t-shirt fan
:lol obsessed with me

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:07 PM
:lol obsessed
:lol Patriots t-shirt fan

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
:lol obsessed
:lol Patriots t-shirt fan
:lol admitting you didn't go to OU by coming back calling me a t-shirt fan
:lol not going to college
:lol uneducated meth head

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:19 PM
:lol admitting you didn't go to OU by coming back calling me a t-shirt fan
:lol not going to college
:lol uneducated meth head

:lol jumping to conclusions
:lol more educated than you
:lol OU>>>> Ariz:lolna

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:21 PM
:lol jumping to conclusions
:lol more educated than you
:lol OU>>>> Ariz:lolna
:lol we both know you didn't go to OU
:lol thinking your technical degree in meth lab chemistry is more education than me
:lol living in Oklahoma City
:lol makes Tucson look like Beverly Hills

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:26 PM
:lol we both know you didn't go to OU
:lol thinking your technical degree in meth lab chemistry is more education than me
:lol living in Oklahoma City
:lol makes Tucson look like Beverly Hills

:lol look at you partner, you MAD!

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
:lol look at you partner, you MAD!
:lol I'm mad when you mention me out of the blue
:lol seems like you're the one thinking about me
:lol pissed because you didn't go to college and never left the meth city you were born it

Clipper Nation
03-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Thunderfaggot getting shat on again, per par.... does it ever get tiring, being the official jizzrag of ST? :lol

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:33 PM
:lol I'm mad when you mention me out of the blue
:lol seems like you're the one thinking about me
:lol pissed because you didn't go to college and never left the meth city you were born it

:lol you should be mad at yourself. Cooking up a jizz storm for your shit university and all
:lol OU> Arizona
:lol thinking I'm not educated
:lol making baseless claims against my clowning of your shit team

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Thunderfaggot getting shat on again, per par.... does it ever get tiring, being the official jizzrag of ST? :lol

:lol sycophant enters the thread
:lol Clipper fag taking in all the jizz from his circle jerks

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:35 PM
:lol you should be mad at yourself. Cooking up a jizz storm for your shit university and all
:lol OU> Arizona
:lol thinking I'm not educated
:lol making baseless claims against my clowning of your shit team
:lol OU isn't even gonna make the tournament
:lol living in some alternative universe where OU > Arizona
:lol you've yet to deny the fact you didn't go to OU
:lol it's not a baseless claim when you talk and act like an uneducated product of incest
:lol making a post about me every single time UA loses

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:41 PM
:lol living in some alternative universe where OU > Arizona
:lol you've yet to deny the fact you didn't go to OU
:lol it's not a baseless claim when you talk and act like an uneducated product of incest
:lol making a post about me every single time UA loses
:lol partner OU is still better than Arizona. Maybe not in basketball but in everything else, yes.
:lol asshurt cause I'm calling out your pussy ass for talking shit earlier in the season
:lol Patriots fan from Arizona

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:45 PM
:lol partner OU is still better than Arizona. Maybe not in basketball but in everything else, yes.
:lol asshurt cause I'm calling out your pussy ass for talking shit earlier in the season
:lol calling me partner like this is some brokeback mountain incest festival
:lol you probably wear a cowboy hat everywhere you go
:lol OU being better than the defending CWS champs at baseball
:lol some shit talk I don't even remember being that stuck in your head
:lol OU fan who didn't go to OU

thunderup
03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
:lol calling me partner like this is some brokeback mountain incest festival
:lol you probably wear a cowboy hat everywhere you go
:lol OU being better than the defending CWS champs at baseball
:lol some shit talk I don't even remember being that stuck in your head
:lol OU fan who didn't go to OU

:lmao holy cow you're asshurt

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-15-2013, 11:49 PM
:lmao holy cow you're asshurt
:lol can't think of a comeback
:lol using "asshurt" as a crutch because meth has killed so many brain cells

Bill_Brasky
03-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Thunderup isn't doing a very good job at hiding the fact he's a t-shirt fan. He shit talks Blake Griffin all the time in the NBA forum.

Clipper Nation
03-16-2013, 12:59 AM

http://product.images.dreamsretail.com/27-03/27-03885-F.jpg
http://photoshopnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fan-003983-sm.jpg

JMarkJohns
03-16-2013, 10:11 AM
How is Oklahoma better than Arizona in everything else beyond basketball? Arizona defending National Champs in baseball, a top-2 program all-time for softball, just dominated the indoor track and field championships, and is always one of the top teams for men's and women's golf and swimming.

About the only thing for certain OU is better than UofA is women's basketball and football.

Now the response that football is all that matters in a basketball thread.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
How is Oklahoma better than Arizona in everything else beyond basketball? Arizona defending National Champs in baseball, a top-2 program all-time for softball, just dominated the indoor track and field championships, and is always one of the top teams for men's and women's golf and swimming.

About the only thing for certain OU is better than UofA is women's basketball and football.

Now the response that football is all that matters in a basketball thread.
And then there's:

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#page:3_sort:0_direction:asc_search:_filter:All%20 states

Arizona: 272th best college
Oklahoma: 273rd best college :lmao

Venti Quattro
03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
thunderup Did you take a Bachelor of Science in Metheorology in OU?

tlongII
03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes. LOL @ you walking back your weak takes then coming back to stand by them because Arizona lost.

FWIW, My Lobos >>>> Arizona >>>>> Oregon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oregon St

You were saying? :lol

JMarkJohns
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Oregon may have had the easiest draw in the history of any tournament, only beating one tourney team who had lost the 2nd best scorer the night before.

UCLA has like 6 players of note now. Not hard to beat a tired, thin team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Back to the actual topic in the OP, 5 Pac-12 teams are gonna be in the tourney, the most in years.

JMarkJohns
03-17-2013, 02:46 PM
With ASU being one win away from on the bubble. They beat UCLA, they are probably in the First 4 Out category, so half the league was in contention. Utah played real well down the stretch.

Most disappointing was Stanford. Wasington and USC should have been better as well.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
lol Oregon
lol 12 seed

tlongII
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
The Ducks got screwed. That makes no sense.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Thunderup viewing thread

OU makes the tournament and the first thing that pops into his mind is me :lol

thunderup
03-17-2013, 05:52 PM
:lol wrong again
:lol relying on :cry you didn't go to OU :cry to talk smack
:lol business major

thunderup
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Thunderup viewing thread

I'm in this thread and the first thing that pops into your head is me :lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Thunderup viewing thread

:lol wrong again
:lol relying on :cry you didn't go to OU :cry to talk smack
:lol business major

:lmao that meth head behavior was easy to predict

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm in this thread and the first thing that pops into your head is me :lol.
I saw you viewing this thread. That's not exactly you popping into my head. You're terrible at this :lol

thunderup
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
:lmao that meth head behavior was easy to predict

:lol joining the other masses of retards that go lol meth
:lol can't talk smack right so you have to get personal

thunderup
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I saw you viewing this thread. That's not exactly you popping into my head. You're terrible at this :lol

:lol you were looking for me to pop into the thread
:lol you're getting terrible at explaining yourself

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
:lol joining the other masses of retards that go lol meth
:lol can't talk smack right so you have to get personal
:lol admitting that meth is a personal subject to you
:lol owning yourself again
:lol offended by me "getting personal"
:lol the first thing that comes to your mind is me once OU makes the tournament

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 06:01 PM
:lol you were looking for me to pop into the thread
:lol you're getting terrible at explaining yourself
:lol I was in this thread already talking shit about Oregon
:lol you being this obsessed with me over some shit talk I don't even remember
:lol thinking I give a shit about OU's basketball team and being wrong about it

thunderup
03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
:lol admitting that meth is a personal subject to you
:lol owning yourself again
:lol offended by me "getting personal"
:lol the first thing that comes to your mind is me once OU makes the tournament
:lol insinuating I do meth by that exchange
:lol Arizona product on full display
:lol attempting to defend yourself after another shitful take

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
:lol insinuating I do meth by that exchange
:lol Arizona product on full display
:lol attempting to defend yourself after another shitful take
:lol I didn't have to insinuate anything
:lol you admitted that you consider meth talk "getting personal" all on your own
:lol thinking I care enough to defend being wrong about OU basketball

thunderup
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
:lol I didn't have to insinuate anything
:lol you admitted that you consider meth talk "getting personal" all on your own
:lol thinking I care enough to defend being wrong about OU basketball

:lol

Do you think your squad has any chance of getting out of their bracket? I never bought into Gonzaga being a number one seed.

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
:lol

Do you think your squad has any chance of getting out of their bracket? I never bought into Gonzaga being a number one seed.
I don't, however they got the luckiest draw possible since I haven't bought into Gonzaga either. They might have more talent than any other team in their bracket but they're also inconsistent enough to lose their 1st game to Belmont. I'd be pretty surprised if they pulled an upset over New Mexico.

The one intriguing thing about them is that they had a good out-of-conference schedule and ran the table with it, they just sucked in conference play.

Clipper Nation
03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
How did the shitty PAC get the same number of teams in as the Mountain West? :lol

Girasuck
03-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Pretty damn excited to see the Zags, Arizona, and New Mexico in SLC. Got my tickets a few days ago for both rounds. That Arizona/New Mexico game is gonna be incredible.

MannyIsGod
03-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Oh its on Arizona bitches. We're so going to kick your ass. :lol

MannyIsGod
03-17-2013, 07:05 PM
You were saying? :lol

I was saying what the selection committee said. My Lobos >>>>>>> Arizona >>>>>>> Oregon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oregon St.

LOL 12th seed.

tlongII
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
The selection committee got it wrong obviously.

DMX7
03-17-2013, 07:19 PM
When was the last time a major conference tourney champ was seeded 12 or lower?

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
When was the last time a major conference tourney champ was seeded 12 or lower?
Last year Colorado was the 11 seed...

The Pac-12 has been an abnormally subpar major conference the last several years. Also, as Jmark said, Oregon's path was incredibly lucky.

baseline bum
03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
God damn, UCLA on a crash course with Florida again. My Bruins always get fucked by them, no vaseline. :(

:cry At least we gots our regular-season championship. :cry