PDA

View Full Version : triple towers

hater
11-21-2012, 09:49 PM
wish Duncan+Splitter+Diaw would play like they did vs. Celtics every nite.

:cry

ChuckD
11-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Celtics really don't have a credible SF with Pierce sliding to SG to replace Ray Vijayjay. Diaw can hang with the likes of Jeff Green on D but not even good SFs, let alone any great ones.

timvp
11-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Playing Diaw at SF kinda forces him to shoot the ball.

That's a good thing.

Paranoid Pop
11-21-2012, 09:59 PM
With Kawhi at the 2 that would be the tallest lineup lol.

Capt Bringdown
11-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Stiffler was excellent tonight.

DAF86
11-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Playing Diaw at SF won't be needed when Jackson and Leonard come back.

ace3g
11-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Playing Diaw at SF kinda forces him to shoot the ball.

That's a good thing.

Yeah, which is why I wouldn't mind if he was the "SF" on offense and defense he guarded what match up best suits him.

I doubt Pop would do it (maybe tonight will make him think about it) but a line up of depending on match ups:

PG: TP/Manu
SG: Kawhi
SF: Diaw
PF: Duncan
C: Splitter

Russo21
11-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Diaw needs to man up. He sucks bad when he's playing like a pansy. He's averaging only 3 Field Goal Attempts per game. He's too talented to be passive and soft. For fuck sake Boris man up and attack consistantly, we need it.

lurker23
11-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I doubt Pop would do it (maybe tonight will make him think about it) but a line up of depending on match ups:

I'm kind of surprised Pop didn't try out this lineup when the Lakers had Kobe/Jamison/Metta/Pau/Howard on the court. I imagine it would be one of the experiments if we played a 7-game series against the Lakers (and Nash was out).

NRHector
11-22-2012, 03:48 PM
wish Duncan+Splitter+Diaw would play like they did vs. Celtics every nite.

:cry

Diaw can spread the floor better than Bonner and plays better defense

Russ
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Those guys can all run the floor so that "big" lineup might just work.

Kawhi could defend 2's and overpower them on offense.

Diaw would be forced to act like a basketball player (rather than a statue-like power forward which seems to bore him).

What have they got to lose?

pgardn
11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Manu
Leonard
Diaw
Duncan
Splitter

Might well be the slowest defensive team in the league. I would hate to see what would happen in the other direction. It would be interesting, but scary slow on D.

ace3g
11-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Coincidence maybe, but once Diaw moved to SF at end of the 3rd quarter vs Pacers, Spurs made run, defense improved. Keep using this adjustment Pop!!!