PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lakers at Jizz

LakaFan
11-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Lakeshow with the bounce back win 110-90

edit: Meant Grizz but Jizz will do all the same. :lol

purplengold
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
da first time lakers gon be tested, we see but I feel a loss.

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Hope to DH step up from that stinky game he had against Sacra. The bench is gonna be awful as always, except for Hill of course.

jdiggy0424
11-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I can see Pau stepping up this game especially after kobe called him out like that.

Ace
11-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Lakers will lose this one big. Turnovers will kill them and Randolph will bully Gasol.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Either a blowout or a strong win for Lakers, tbh. Either the team comes in with the will to win or just bends over. Pretty good matchup

pass1st
11-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Morris with a brilliant steal + fastbreak layup, he's getting a little better each game

pass1st
11-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow it's falling apart pretty quickly :lol

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Way to choke, Grizz.

NRHector
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
this game might get ugly :wow

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't like that Kobe had to take things into his own hands, we aren't winning like that. Howard has to get in there, stop getting stripped and stop letting the offensive rebounds fall.

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Fluke games by Morris and Jamison keeping the Laterals in this bitch.

venky
11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Jesus, what a dunk by Kobe.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Fluke games by Morris and Jamison keeping the Laterals in this bitch.

:lol Tone it down mid, Morris has been slowly getting better. He only recently has had more playing time, he's showing strong signs of developing.

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
:lol Tone it down mid, Morris has been slowly getting better. He only recently has had more playing time, he's showing strong signs of developing.

I agree with that. He's the sort of youth the Lakers need at the point, which is why I always harp on Mitch about trading the Savior. I seriously believe Nash won't make this team any better when he returns. I fear the old Canadian might be about done.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree with that. He's the sort of youth the Lakers need at the point, which is why I always harp on Mitch about trading the Savior. I seriously believe Nash won't make this team any better when he returns. I fear the old Canadian might be about done.

I'm not sure about Nash, but shedding Sessions was a good move. He would only sign if he was going to be the Starter and having somebody like that, who hasn't earned being a starter, isn't really a good asset.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Morris is making a pretty strong statement, tbh

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Just terrible, D'antoni must be telling the guards to shoot instead of playing inside-out. Win or lose, Lakers are playing with their weaknesses instead of their strengths and can't have any hope if this continues.

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 09:55 PM
:lol Lakers, I thought they would greet me with exciting basketball

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Damn, the bench is outplaying the starts :lol

pass1st
11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
That's the first time I've seen Lakers punishing people for doubling Dwight, It's such a simple concept that Lakers haven't been realizing

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 10:01 PM
That's the first time I've seen Lakers punishing people for doubling Dwight, It's such a simple concept that Lakers haven't been realizing
They haven't been hitting their 3s until tonight. Flukey, tbh.

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 10:03 PM
:lolffensive foul - twice? :lmao

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:04 PM
They haven't been hitting their 3s until tonight. Flukey, tbh.

I haven't seen pass out of doubles to open shooters often with LAL

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Kobe going hero mode, for better or for worse

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Chuck this one up as an L, doesn't look like Lakers will dig out 8 points

NRHector
11-23-2012, 10:19 PM
is Mike Brown still available?

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 10:25 PM
After 17 years, Kobe still does dumb shit. 1 on 4 just now was stupid.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:26 PM
'least it wasn't a blowout. Something is up with Howard, he's getting stripped a lot more and not rebounding as well. Defense hasn't been very good either, kinda weird after he's been playing brilliantly for a while.

11-23-2012, 10:27 PM
only kobe can make the best center in the world look like complete shit.

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Dwight 7 shots.... Kobester 22... Jamison 11... wtf pringles... your best player is Dwight...

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Kobe went into his chucking habits and cost the Lakers at least a chance to tie it.

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Kobe's already on the Locker room before the game ended:lol

Splits
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
How did .500 smell, Fakefan?

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Dwight 7 shots.... Kobester 22... Jamison 11... wtf pringles... your best player is Dwight...

He's not playing well right now, nono. Even if he got more shots, he would get more TOs and misses. He's not playing defense as well as he did a few games ago either, not rebounding well and allowing a lot of offensive rebounds. He's in a pretty bad rough patch

Ace
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
After 17 years, Kobe still does dumb shit. 1 on 4 just now was stupid.
How do you feel about the Lakers chances against Miami now?

Deuce Bigalow
He was doubled everytime he touched the ball.

Kobe went into his chucking habits and cost the Lakers at least a chance to tie it.
They never had a chance to tie the game.

ElNono
He's not playing well right now, nono. Even if he got more shots, he would get more TOs and misses. He's not playing defense as well as he did a few games ago either, not rebounding well and allowing a lot of offensive rebounds. He's in a pretty bad rough patch

I get it.. but not getting him involved isn't going to help... he's a guy that's integral to your team's future... you can't erase him from the game

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 10:34 PM
How do you feel about the Lakers chances against Miami now?
No comment.

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:35 PM
He was doubled everytime he touched the ball.

Come on... dude is too beast to pretend a double team will erase him from the game

scanry
11-23-2012, 10:35 PM
The Lakers are completely lost. Kobe taking 23 shots when you have the best center in the league, you deserve a loss.

Ace
11-23-2012, 10:36 PM
No comment.
IF the Lakers get there, they have no chance. You can admit that...

NRHector
is there any more coaches and players available so they can come and help the Lakers win at least one game on the road?

ElNono

sup Delonte? :lol

Deuce Bigalow
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Come on... dude is too beast to pretend a double team will erase him from the game
He actually got them in the game. They doubled him and he kicked it out to Meeks and Duhon for open 3s. They hit 3 3s in a row at one point because the defense came to double him. So he wasn't erased from the game.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I get it.. but not getting him involved isn't going to help... he's a guy that's integral to your team's future... you can't erase him from the game

Yeah, Dwight should have the offense run through him and that's the only hope Lakers have in the long run. I'm hoping Dwight bounces back and demands the ball more, Kobe has been a willing passer but he's been putting up volumes of shots at the end of the game since Lakers need to be bailed out and nobody stepping up. Hero mode Kobe has been plan B for us for years.

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:39 PM
He actually got them in the game. They doubled him and he kicked it out to Meeks and Duhon for open 3s. They hit 3 3s in a row at one point because the defense came to double him. So he wasn't erased from the game.

7 pts in 7 shots and 4 rebounds in nearly 40 mins is being erased from the game...

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, Dwight should have the offense run through him and that's the only hope Lakers have in the long run. I'm hoping Dwight bounces back and demands the ball more, Kobe has been a willing passer but he's been putting up volumes of shots at the end of the game since Lakers need to be bailed out and nobody stepping up. Hero mode Kobe has been plan B for us for years.

Kobe hero mode is assured failure in the long run... these are things we know... this is what the regular season is for, getting the team together... right now you're still losing and not making progress...

Ace
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
sup Delonte? :lol
Sup nono? Going to any parties tonight?

Deuce Bigalow
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
7 pts in 7 shots and 4 rebounds in nearly 40 mins is being erased from the game...
It's hard to score when you get crowded by multiple defenders. The 4 rebounds is bad though...

Brazil
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Lakers have 0 chance at anything if they don't get Dwight going so globally the plan should be give him the more touches you can

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 10:44 PM

Problem is since Dwight's game is so fundamentally bad, his effectiveness is entirely dependent on a specific roster build. In Orlando, he was surrounded by 3 point shooters to prevent his monkey ass from getting double-teamed too much, because once Dwight is doubled, his simian brain panics and usually turns the ball over. Those shooters also spread the floor, giving him the necessary space to jump around and throw feces. Dwight is Marcus Camby without the jumpshot if the supporting cast isn't tailored to cover up his many weaknesses.

That said, I can no longer shit on Mitch for the move, since Bynum is a brittle faggot who's more concerned with bowling and teasing out his fro than with off season conditioning and rehab.

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Sup nono? Going to any parties tonight?

nah... how bout you?

Brazil
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
It's hard to score when you get crowded by multiple defenders. The 4 rebounds is bad though...

like this is the first time in his career he is crowded by multiple defenders

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM

Good players do it. Shaq and Tim did...

pass1st
11-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Kobe hero mode is assured failure in the long run... these are things we know... this is what the regular season is for, getting the team together... right now you're still losing and not making progress...

Tbh, it's the only way Lakers can at the point Kobe needs to bail them out. Sometimes works, usually doesn't, but it's been the go-to plan B since 2001ish. Lakers problems are still systematic, I'm hoping they figure it out.

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 10:46 PM
At least until he is healthy and in good physical condition, Memphis' size negates Howard. Miami doesn't have the size to worry me. The few times Miami played teams with size, they got their shit pushed in (including vs. these Grizz).

Memphis is legit. They have all of the ingredients. Plus TA's defense is good enough to slow Kobe enough that he doesn't go off. They're a good team that poses a different threat to LA than Miami.

I'm not sweating Miami though. The Lakers need to get their shit together and quick. They know it too.

ElNono
11-23-2012, 10:49 PM
At least until he is healthy and in good physical condition, Memphis' size negates Howard. Miami doesn't have the size to worry me. The few times Miami played teams with size, they got their shit pushed in (including vs. these Grizz).

Memphis is legit. They have all of the ingredients. Plus TA's defense is good enough to slow Kobe enough that he doesn't go off. They're a good team that poses a different threat to LA than Miami.

I'm not sweating Miami though. The Lakers need to get their shit together and quick. They know it too.

Sacto is legit too? :lol

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Quit spinning. Lakers suck ass and will be lucky to advance to the second round.

Hey. Are we paying for our "basketball reasons" yet?

Ace
11-23-2012, 10:56 PM

Size? You mean Pau? :lmao

Miami would run them out the gym. The Lakers have no answer for LeBron while Dwight is showing without spacing he can be doubled, taking him out the game. Kobe turned the clock back the wrong way and ended up back in last year.

Bosh is balling and would just run around the Laker bigs. Miami has a bench full of deadly shooters. Wade showed last game he is coming back to form with his 28. LeBron is just on another planet and come playoff time, that championship D will be back along with this year's league leading offense.

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Sacto is legit too? :lol
The 2012 Lakers don't think their shit stank. Every team gets up for them. When they don't match their intensity, they lose. We got some names. Other teams have youth, athleticism, and hunger. This allows scrub teams like the Queens to beat us. Pisses me off when they run out there and act like teams are going to lay down when they see P&G. Not bringing it will get you beat as we saw in 2011 and 2012 despite having a good frontline.

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Quit spinning. Lakers suck ass and will be lucky to advance to the second round.

Hey. Are we paying for our "basketball reasons" yet?
No spin. Real talk.

Clipper Nation
11-23-2012, 11:01 PM
That said, I can no longer shit on Mitch for the move, since Bynum is a brittle faggot who's more concerned with bowling and teasing out his fro than with off season conditioning and rehab.
Tbh, you can still shit on Mitch, because Bynum actually has somewhat of a basketball IQ whereas Dwight looks like rookie-year DeAndre Jordan out there....

UZER
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM

This is why I think Kobe signed off on D'Antoni...Kobe can go ho hero mode with no one to challange him...what clout does D'Antoni have to tellKobe to check the hero mode. He can tell him bit Kobe ain't gonna listen.

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 11:04 PM

Miami would run them out the gym. The Lakers have no answer for LeBron while Dwight is showing without spacing he can be doubled, taking him out the game. Kobe turned the clock back the wrong way and ended up back in last year.

Bosh is balling and would just run around the Laker bigs. Miami has a bench full of deadly shooters. Wade showed last game he is coming back to form with his 28. LeBron is just on another planet and come playoff time, that championship D will be back along with this year's league leading offense.
Paussy is failing miserably, tbh. Wade is not on his way back - he played well against a scrub team. If we meet I don't see Bosh playing well against Howard without fouling out.

Ace
11-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Paussy is failing miserably, tbh. Wade is not on his way back - he played well against a scrub team. If we meet I don't see Bosh playing well against Howard without fouling out.
Dwight played horrible against a scrub team. Hard to foul out against a guy only putting 4-7 shots up. :lol

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Dwight played horrible against a scrub team. Hard to foul out against a guy only putting 4-7 shots up. :lol
:lol

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 11:10 PM

This.

Lkrfan is still stuck in 2010. Bigs and rebounding no longer = rings. In the modern day NBA, speed, athleticism, and depth are now the crucial components to a successful team. Soon gone will be the days of grinding out points and wins by force-feeding the post and wearing the other team down in the half-court. The good teams are too deep for that strategy to be effective now. Also on the endangered list is the standard 8-man rotation teams often default to in the post-season. The Lakers are obviously built to do just that, but teams like the Grizz, Clippers, Spurs, Miami, OKC are built to go all the way down to the bottom of their roster and will plain wear out a plodding, shallow team like the Lakers.

Ace
11-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Lets be real here, Lakers don't need to worry about the Heat. They don't look like they can get past the Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs or OKC. I've defended the Lakers and their slow start saying they will get better but now I don't see them getting past those teams because their D is atrocious.