PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Getting older

pass1st
11-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA (https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)
Y! Sources: With Mike D'Antoni as coach, the Lakers are showing renewed interest in exiled Jazz guard Raja Bell. http://tinyurl.com/c2wr2uk (http://t.co/lK81ybqn)

D12
11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
damn, no. Helll no!

Clipper Nation
11-23-2012, 05:59 PM
:lmao

Jodelo
11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
:depressedBut the bench is already one of the best and deepest:depressed

pass1st
11-23-2012, 06:06 PM
:depressedBut the bench is already one of the best and deepest:depressed

:lol Who the hell said that

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I haven't seen a consistent 3 point shooter or a good shooter on the Lakers ever since Sasha and Radmanovic left. Shameful, Mitch sure knows how to work with big trades but he can't find a good 3 point shooters to save his life.

Clipper Nation
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Tbh, good GM's know how to get good role players and depth.... big trades are nice but it's the smaller moves that distinguish front offices... that's why the slurping of Mitch is so idiotic....

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Hell to the n:lol

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 06:21 PM
True, I can only pray the Lakers get consistent role players like Hill:cry everyone else should be thrown to the trash. Last time the Lakers had a decent bench was in 08.

Chris
11-23-2012, 06:27 PM
7V8ZukXsWmk

pass1st
11-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Tbh, good GM's know how to get good role players and depth.... big trades are nice but it's the smaller moves that distinguish front offices... that's why the slurping of Mitch is so idiotic....

Front offices are distinguished by big moves, tbh. The small ones are nice and might tip the balance, but if your FO messes up a big move (OKC) or wastes a lotto pick (Blazers) then they set themselves back and potentially ruin title hopes for years.

Heat's success = Big moves (Bosh & LBJ)
Laker's success = Big moves (Shaq & Gasol)
04 Pistons sucess = Big move (Ben Wallce)
Pistons decline = Fumbling a huge huge huge lotto decision

Spurs success is even primarily a big move, if they never drafted Duncan then they never win. Sure Duncan was the no-brainer, but that's a big FO decision.

djohn2oo8
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UxSCu.gif

Clipper Nation
11-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm not saying the big moves aren't important, but it's making smart depth moves and signing good role players that puts a team over the top, tbh....

Miller and Battier came up big for the Heat last year, Spurs have had a lot of success with pretty deep teams, the Clippers have become a bigger threat with the Crawford and Grant Hill signings...

If a team just gets a bunch of names and fails to get complementary players, you get this year's Lakers so far.... the big moves make success possible, but the smaller signings make it a reality....

LkrFan
11-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Front offices are distinguished by big moves, tbh. The small ones are nice and might tip the balance, but if your FO messes up a big move (OKC) or wastes a lotto pick (Blazers) then they set themselves back and potentially ruin title hopes for years.

Spurs success is even primarily a big move, if they never drafted Duncan then they never win. Sure Duncan was the no-brainer, but that's a big FO decision.
This is spot the fuck on, tbh.

pass1st
11-23-2012, 06:58 PM
It puts them over the top, but you get to the top with the big moves. The Sonics and Nuggets proved that a lot of good - elite players can't cut the mustard and it doesn't do much for the team from a business standpoint.

Lakers blundered their smaller moves, but Dwight Howard practically guarantees that they will have a fairly safe future. These big moves impact the big picture, the team's future and makes the complimentary players more important. Lakers have done a fairly good job with small moves during their championship years, this year has been a wash looking at the current season, but an improvement for the long run. With Dwight, Lakers have somebody to build around and retain their marketability.

Mitch deserves credit where credit is due, he got Howard for Bynum right before Bynum's stock dropped to zero. Getting CP3 was his initial plan, can't blame him for that failing. He did blunder getting Nash, but keeping Sessions would not be better. He hasn't done much to the bench, but trading Fish for Hill was a great move tbh.

jdiggy0424
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
If the Lakers dont make it past the 2nd round this year, I'm not so sure there is a definite guarantee that Dwight stays next year.

apalisoc_9
11-23-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UxSCu.gif

who is the first chick on your sig? Who is the one eating the pizza? I would appreciate names.

Thank you.

Have a great day,

pass1st
11-23-2012, 07:26 PM
If the Lakers dont make it past the 2nd round this year, I'm not so sure there is a definite guarantee that Dwight stays next year.

I would be very surprised, tbh. His dream was to be a Laker, just see how speachless he is when entering the FO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rs2q4gr3Wk

Relevancy
11-23-2012, 07:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UxSCu.gifYou sir have great taste for woman.

Josepatches_
11-23-2012, 08:01 PM

I'm not so sure if you can build around Howard

timvp
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
:lol Raja Bell. He was done back in 2008.

Do it, Mitchot.

baseline bum
11-23-2012, 08:09 PM
:lol Raja Bell. He was done back in 2008.

Do it, Mitchot.

:cry I wanted to see Finley there :cry

midnightpulp
11-23-2012, 08:47 PM

This.

skut_farkus
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Lakers :lol

djohn2oo8
11-23-2012, 11:15 PM
who is the first chick on your sig? Who is the one eating the pizza? I would appreciate names.

Thank you.

Have a great day,

First one is Sasha Grey..ill look for other names

You sir have great taste for woman.

:king

apalisoc_9
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
First one is Sasha Grey..ill look for other names

:king

Is that really sasha grey? Wow she did some work with her ass tbh.

racm
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Nash, D'Antoni, and Bell on the same team again? Feels like 2007 :lol

Latarian Milton
11-24-2012, 12:25 AM
big moves can be 1000x more influential than minor moves and that's why you should be very careful with big moves. if you targetted the wrong player and made a big move for him you'd be tied with a shitty contract for years

Clipper Nation
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM
I would be very surprised, tbh. His dream was to be a Laker

You're kidding, right? He was still flapping his lips on the radio about Brooklyn being his first choice all along on opening day of the season! :lol

Hoops Czar
11-24-2012, 02:08 AM

The entire league snoozed on Parker and snoozed twice on Ginobili. I would give the Spurs FO a lot of credit for building a perennial contender and they did it without making a big splash in free agency. And sure, you could say the Spurs would be ringless without Duncan, but he had plenty of help along the way.

Sean Cagney
11-24-2012, 02:14 AM
You're kidding, right? He was still flapping his lips on the radio about Brooklyn being his first choice all along on opening day of the season! :lol

I just came in here to say this.

Jodelo
11-24-2012, 10:42 AM
:lol Who the hell said that

LkrFag and his crew... You did not but others did. :lmao

AaronY
11-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I would be very surprised, tbh. His dream was to be a Laker, just see how speachless he is when entering the FO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rs2q4gr3Wk

Did they tell him he would be getting 5-7 shots a game and basically be like the team's Tyson CHandler or Dikembe Mutombo while Kobe iversoned his way to 25 shots a game in that same meeting. Cuz I'm betting his enthusiasm would have faded pretty rapidly

djohn2oo8
11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Did they tell him he would be getting 5-7 shots a game and basically be like the team's Tyson CHandler or Dikembe Mutombo while Kobe iversoned his way to 25 shots a game in that same meeting. Cuz I'm betting his enthusiasm would have faded pretty rapidly

Exactly. He got SVG fired for that exact same reason. They weren't going inside enough.

pass1st
11-24-2012, 04:04 PM
The entire league snoozed on Parker and snoozed twice on Ginobili. I would give the Spurs FO a lot of credit for building a perennial contender and they did it without making a big splash in free agency. And sure, you could say the Spurs would be ringless without Duncan, but he had plenty of help along the way.

Nobody is taking away credit away from them for that, I always said they were one of the best franchises at seeing talent in the draft.