PDA

View Full Version : Is Andrew Bogut the next Shaq?

Jelly
06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
He certainly appears to have a gigantic ego and is already shooting his mouth off before even entering the NBA. The only thing I like about him so far is that he says Duncan is his favorite player. What do you all think? is Bogut going to be the next player we all love to hate?

twincam
06-28-2005, 11:48 AM
If this clown is already talking smack, he'll end up as the new Shawn Bradley!
A total fluke!

Trooper 2112
06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Is there a link you can use as an example?

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 11:51 AM
He isn't even the next Andrew Gaze! :) he could learn something from his countryman.

E20
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM

He badmouthed Kobe and Tracy I think, the link should still be in the NBA forum.

spur219
06-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't think he will be an all-star. I think he will be a solid player and a good contributer.

Ocotillo
I have a feeling this guy will end up being a stiff.

TDMVPDPOY
This guys is an arshole, he was baggin the australian players even guys like gaze, heal etc in the newspaper, he hasnt even played a single nba game yet and his loathing. I hope his a bust so then the australia media doesnt hype the punk like they are hypin him now

Boo
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
he looks like a kangaroo.

boutons
06-28-2005, 01:02 PM
I've always found Aussies and Kiwis I've worked with to be irreverent, esp irreverently funny, and straight-talking cynics, impressed by nobody.

Bogut may turn out to be the epitome of antipodal chutzpah.

We'll see if his game is as big as his mouth. There are already plenty NBA Big Talkers with small games.

Duff McCartney
06-28-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling this guy will end up being a stiff.

I agree with that.

Sense
06-28-2005, 01:33 PM
He's gonna be possibly the #1 pick, not too many of those succeed...

We'll have to see, but for now it's all hype.

Jelly
06-28-2005, 01:33 PM

I saw Bogut the other day on ESPN. He was talking about what's hurting American players today, why the NBA isn't as good as it used to be and blah, blah, blah....Then I read a few articles in which he slammed his countrymen, taking particular offense to being compared to Luc Longley. Also, I've seen him say on television that the most important thing to him is being the #1 pick, he doesn't care where he goes, as long as he is Number One. I think that's pretty cocky.

Here's a link to one story
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15762977%255E10914,00.html

Bogut buckets Aussie greats
Nick Papps, New York, and Sam Edmund
29jun05
MELBOURNE'S $130 million basketball sensation Andrew Bogut has slam-dunked Australia's hoops legends as second-rate.
Bogut, who is expected to be drafted No. 1 in America's National Basketball Association today, singled out triple NBA championship winner Luc Longley.

The super-confident 20-year-old declared himself the best Aussie basketballer ever to enter the NBA and said he should not even be compared with Longley.

"I am not as slow, I'm more athletic, I shoot a bit better, I'm more competitive," said the 213cm -- 7ft -- giant.

Bogut -- who said he was proud to be half-Croatian, half-Australian -- also took aim at Aussie basketball greats Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal and Chris Anstey.

"I think I'm much more competitive and much more of a winner than a lot of those guys.

"With those guys, over their careers they didn't really show much improvement," he said.

After shooting his mouth off in New York yesterday, Bogut faces an awkward time this morning when Gaze hosts an NBA draft breakfast in Bogut's honour at the Lexus Centre.

He will answer questions on a big screen following the draft, in which he is tipped to be signed by the Milwaukee Bucks on a five-year contract worth $23 million.

Longley will appear via teleconference from Perth.

Gaze was diplomatic yesterday, suggesting all the hoopla over the No. 1 draft pick had affected Bogut.

spurschick
06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Shaq will retire soon and we'll need someone new to hate. I guess Bogut's as good a choice as any.

Sense
06-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Shaq will retire soon and we'll need someone new to hate. I guess Bogut's as good a choice as any.

I hate Garnett more.

sa_butta
06-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I hate Garnett more.Give this Bogut guy a chance Im sure you can
find it in your heart to hate him more.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Lets just hope duncan give him a good dunk to welcome him into the nba, like he did in the olympics :D

CosmicCowboy
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I heard him on the radio this morning...said he was "looking forward" to going man to man with Tim Duncan...My only thought was...

Be careful what you ask for rookie...you might just get it...:lol

mavsfan1000
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
I think he will become the next Luc Longley.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
The super-confident 20-year-old declared himself the best Aussie basketballer ever to enter the NBA and said he should not even be compared with Longley.

"I am not as slow, I'm more athletic, I shoot a bit better, I'm more competitive," said the 213cm -- 7ft -- giant.

He isn't 7ft, he is 6'10" with a wingspan of 7'2". Marvin Williams is better than him with his wingspan. Marvin Williams is 6'7" with a wingspan of 7'3".

Guru of Nothing
06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Instead of the Diesel, his nickname could be the V-6.

jalbre6
06-28-2005, 02:20 PM
I think he will become the next Luc Longley.

I was thinking more the next Chris Mihm, but I get your point.