PDA

View Full Version : Spurs lineup vs the Wizards, If the Big 3 Sits.

cd021
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
With the Big three playing big minutes in 2 OT vs the Raptors (Parker 46, Duncan 41 and Ginobili 36) Pop could sit all three and still have enough to beat the Wizards.

PG-Patty Mills-(32 minutes) With Neal is starting at SG, Mill would be in line for big minutes.

SG-Gary Neal-(32 minutes) After Green & Ginobili, He's the only true SG left. Could put up big numbers against The Wiz weak D.

SF-Danny Green-(25 minutes) Likely to play normal minutes, Given Anderson plenty of time prove himself.

PF-Dejuan Blair-(30 minutes) excluding the C's game, he has been a non factor on the road. Should be better in big minutes, though The Wiz have a good big man rotation.

C-Taigo Splitter-(32 minutes)Twilight has been Jekyll/Hyde on the road trip. He should have a strong game especially on the glass, considering how bad Washington has been offensively this year.

Bench

PG-Joseph-(16 minutes) A decent test of his improvement, would be 1st meaningful action this season.

SG-Nando De Colo-(16 minutes)Been a non factor scoring the ball (as expected). Given time, he could help the bench pick apart the Wiz 2nd unit.

SF-James Anderson-(24 Minutes)- Hasn't played in any games on the trip, He should be good minutes and attempt to prove himself again.

PF-Matt Bonner(18 Minutes)-Bonner should be effective spreading the floor especially if he plays against Okafor & Nene.

C-Boris Diaw (18 minutes) Diaw has play well especially late in close games on the road trip. Should have a 7pt, 5 reb, 5 ast type of outing.

Sigz
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
lol Twilight.

Splits
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Nobody is sitting tomorrow unless they're injured.

howbouthemspurs
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Everyone is playing tomorrow

Libri
11-25-2012, 10:30 PM
So that's how the Spurs team could look like when the big three are no longer in SA. :depressed

cd021
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Looks just like a Vampire from Twilight .

cd021
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Good. I hope we blow them out early and rest them.

cd021
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
You realize Pop has tanked games in the past. Case and Point losing by 40 at Portland.

He would more likely distribute minutes fairly evenly. I didn't say they would be playing De Colo Joseph & Anderson together Splitter most teams don't sub out their starting 5 with 5 bench players. Anderson has yet to play and without Manu & Kawhi & Stax there are plenty of minutes to go around.

Andthentherewas21
11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Pop might limit minutes but hes not going to keep all 3 of them out when if they are healthy. Especially with Jax and KL out. Besides its the Wiz, basically an auto-win assuming the Spurs show up at all.

PÒÓCH
11-26-2012, 12:09 AM
This just in!
the Spurs will start The Coyote, the ghost of Mike Mitchell and the kid who wipes the floor of sweat during the game. Expected margin of victory: 20

racm
11-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Wiz aren't to be taken lightly tbh, they have a top 10 defense and have forced overtime in both games since Nene returned

Plus, if there's any game Pop will rest the big three it's likely the Miami game.

Sean Cagney
11-26-2012, 12:49 AM
IF we sit all three and are the first to lose to the F IN WIZ then I will be pissed lol.

Stabula
11-26-2012, 12:53 AM
:lmao never noticed Splitter's uncanny resemblance to the fag from Twilight

Kidd K
11-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Wiz aren't to be taken lightly tbh, they have a top 10 defense and have forced overtime in both games since Nene returned

Plus, if there's any game Pop will rest the big three it's likely the Miami game.

Tbh, a lot of east teams supposedly have "top defenses" every year. . .since they play 2/3rds of their games against the eastern conference. I'm not too worried about their defense unless our big 3 aren't playing.

That's why there's always a "startling turnaround" when they go on west coast road trips. Suddenly they give up 100+ there despite averaging giving up low 90's out east. I don't put stock in that anymore when it comes to eastern conference teams unless they're way ahead of the pack like Chicago, Miami, and Boston usually are. The other teams are just up there by circumstance (bad offenses from the annual 5-6 tankers in that conference)

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2012, 01:13 AM
3 losers on the team without the big3, this will be a chuck fest....selfish basketball tommarow, just wait and see...the usual suspects will appear

Fireball
11-26-2012, 01:50 AM
3 losers on the team without the big3, this will be a chuck fest....selfish basketball tommarow, just wait and see...the usual suspects will appear

Just like the usual suspects that appear in a thread making a dumb statement ...

mudyez
11-26-2012, 04:14 AM
I guess it will be one of this games where either:

- only Manu plays (like 32 minutes) and can do whatever he likes...either pulling out a win with his assists and point or sinking the ship all by himself

- or only TP plays while going crazy on the Wiz...probably the saver bet for a win

I don't see them sitting all of the tree but I'm pretty sure Timmy wont play.

TimDunkem
11-26-2012, 05:12 AM

lol Really? I've personally developed a bad habit of saying "Pattinson!" every time Tiago rolls to the basket for a layup.

therealtruth
11-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Just use the bench more like most other teams in the league do.

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2012, 10:32 AM
this is a win for the taking, be fkn stupid not to go out and get it....

Mugen
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I'd prefer that only Timmy sit out but wouldn't mind Pop holding out the entire Big 3.

TDomination
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Would not be surprised to see them sit. Its going to happen sooner or later, we all know that.

If they play, im sure they will play only limited minutes.

Rummpd
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Living in DC & still trying to decide whether or not to go and try to see the Spurs play tonight as most likely Pop going to sit Tim and Parker down. Tickets going in the rafters very cheap [2-3 bucks on stubhubb] as the fans of the Wizards sick already of a franchise that just cannot seem to get it right.

Dex
11-26-2012, 03:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DzDBF.jpg

Drom John
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Rummpd,

Go.

The only Hawks game I went to was a Spurs blowout, (Diaw was the opposing center) and the fourth quarter was eight players watching Barry go one on one against Barry. You can't get much better entertainment for $3 than an NBA game, even the Wizards. (So says a former Bullets fan who only saw one game in D.C., a Capitals game when star Barry couldn't beat the Cougars as Doug Moe outplayed Larry Brown.
Have dinner at Full Kee.

Hmm, three Barrys, Brent, Jon and Rick.

Splits
11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Living in DC & still trying to decide whether or not to go and try to see the Spurs play tonight as most likely Pop going to sit Tim and Parker down. Tickets going in the rafters very cheap [2-3 bucks on stubhubb] as the fans of the Wizards sick already of a franchise that just cannot seem to get it right.

I'll be there. 4th row behind the Spurs bench.

xtremesteven33
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Tim should definitely sit this one out. No use in playing him again against a team that hasnt won a game yet. Im more than confident the Spurs can win without his contribution.

Whisky Dog
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
lol Really? I've personally developed a bad habit of saying "Pattinson!" every time Tiago rolls to the basket for a layup.

That's even gayer than twilight

TimDunkem
11-26-2012, 04:51 PM
That's even gayer than twilight

:cry:depressed

ace3g
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Best part of Twilight:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/88932_o.gif

TampaDude
11-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Best part of Twilight:

Uh...you do know that's from Harry Potter, right? :lol

ace3g
11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Had no idea....

monkeypunk
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Best part of Twilight:

Seconded!

Brazil
11-26-2012, 07:32 PM
You realize Pop has tanked games in the past. Case and Point losing by 40 at Portland.

He would more likely distribute minutes fairly evenly. I didn't say they would be playing De Colo Joseph & Anderson together Splitter most teams don't sub out their starting 5 with 5 bench players. Anderson has yet to play and without Manu & Kawhi & Stax there are plenty of minutes to go around.

good post here

Kidd K
11-26-2012, 09:56 PM

Tbh, a lot of east teams supposedly have "top defenses" every year. . .since they play 2/3rds of their games against the eastern conference. I'm not too worried about their defense unless our big 3 aren't playing.

That's why there's always a "startling turnaround" when they go on west coast road trips. Suddenly they give up 100+ there despite averaging giving up low 90's out east. I don't put stock in that anymore when it comes to eastern conference teams unless they're way ahead of the pack like Chicago, Miami, and Boston usually are. The other teams are just up there by circumstance (bad offenses from the annual 5-6 tankers in that conference)

Told ya dude. Crushed Wizards for way over 100 points. Eastern conference teams' defensive ratings are usually just an illusion.