PDA

View Full Version : OT: Hypothetical of the week #1

pass1st
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Case: College first or NBA?

Let's assume high schoolers were allowed to join the NBA after graduation still and you were a heavily scouted prospect, any position you want. You have a lot of raw talent, no health issues and had your choice of any college you want or being getting drafted to your favorite team as a reserve. The catch is, if you go to college you do it for four years (until you're 21). Although, once finishing college you're drafted #1 to a team that's a rival to your favorite team, but as a starter and the team makes you their centerpiece.

Do you immediately go to your favorite team and work for minutes or refine your skills in college and be the franchise player for a team you rooted against when you watched NBA? Both teams become contenders the moment you join.

purplengold
11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
go ta draft straight away n earn my way playin in da city I love

<education/IQ joke ova here>

JRHernandez88
11-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Play for the Spurs

poor Paul Peirce tho

Leetonidas
11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Anyone who wouldn't take the immediate payoff is retarded

Leetonidas
11-26-2012, 06:34 PM
btw why would i be a bench player because i was drafted out of hs? that doesn't make sense, if i was getting drafted out of hs it's because i obviously have some kind of star potential and if my team becomes a contender because of my presence, why would i have to compete for bench minutes?

pass1st
11-26-2012, 06:37 PM
btw why would i be a bench player because i was drafted out of hs? that doesn't make sense, if i was getting drafted out of hs it's because i obviously have some kind of star potential and if my team becomes a contender because of my presence, why would i have to compete for bench minutes?

Welp, look at Kobe. His first two years was being a bench player, so just assume you get drafted by a team looking to develop you instead of turn you into an instant star.

Latarian Milton
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
some players got drafted out of highschool straight away and made the certerpiece of their teams immediately, examples such as garnett and kobe. even if you only play as a reserve on an nba team it's still a better choice then wasting a few years in a college imho, you can access top training facilities playing for an NBA team, while earning good $

JRHernandez88
11-26-2012, 11:35 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1301/crybabyv.png