PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge "most likely" will play Monday when Blazers visit Detroit Pistons

tlongII
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/11/lamarcus_aldridge_says_he_most_likely_will_play_mo .html

BROOKLYN — LaMarcus Aldridge watched from the end of the Trail Blazers’ bench on Sunday as they lost to the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.

He does not plan to sit and watch two days in a row.

The Blazers’ All-Star power forward, who is dealing with a bum back, said he “most likely” will return to the court Monday in Detroit when the Blazers visit the Pistons in the second game of a seven-game trip.

Aldridge, who is averaging 19.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game, hurt his back during the Blazers’ win over the Timberwolves on Friday night. He felt fine immediately afterward, but as he ate dinner later that night, his back started to spasm.

“By the time I got home, it was horrible,” Aldridge said.

After a restless night’s sleep, Aldridge said he awoke to severe muscle spasms and alignment issues.

“I woke up and I couldn’t function,” Aldridge said. “I couldn’t walk. And I was on the plane for five hours (traveling to New York), so that wasn’t good.”

Aldridge went through multiple massage and stem treatments in the 24 hours leading up to the Brooklyn game and his back improved, but not enough for him to play against the Nets. After getting pregame treatment and talking things over with team trainer Jay Jensen, Aldridge decided not to even attempt his normal warmup routine or test his aching back on the court before the game.

“(I) just didn’t want to risk it tonight,” Aldridge said. “I just started feeling better today. I was going to try, then we did some stuff in (the trainer’s room), and I was still sore.”

It was the first game Aldridge has missed this season.

rayjayjohnson
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Looks like he will sit two in a row after all

:lmao tlong

pass1st
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Aldridge with the first Blazer injury of the season, it took a while but Blazers are finally getting back into form.