PDA

View Full Version : Adderall

Monostradamus
11-27-2012, 11:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8681036/seattle-seahawks-expect-richard-sherman-brandon-browner-play

at this point shouldn't the NFL move Adderall from a 4 game PED suspension to one of the lesser suspensions for marijuana and the like? Everybody who gets suspended for PED's is just saying "oh I took adderall" because it doesn't sound as bad as saying you're on steroids. From what I hear Adderall is mostly a recreational drug anyways, right?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I have a script for Aderall and take it daily. If you have ADD and get a script for it there shouldn't be a suspension for taking it at all as it doesn't have to PED effect on someone who actually has ADD. With me it calms and makes it so my brain isn't bouncing all over the place.

Monostradamus
11-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I have a script for Aderall and take it daily. If you have ADD and get a script for it there shouldn't be a suspension for taking it at all as it doesn't have to PED effect on someone who actually has ADD. With me it calms and makes it so my brain isn't bouncing all over the place.

I think NFL players are even allowed to take Adderall with a prescription. What's happening lately it seems, with Haden and Talib and now these 2 guys in Seattle, are that they're getting 4 game PED suspensions and then claiming "I took adderall but forgot to tell the league I had a prescription :cry" as an excuse, to avoid anybody thinking they're on steroids.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I think NFL players are even allowed to take Adderall with a prescription. What's happening lately it seems, with Haden and Talib and now these 2 guys in Seattle, are that they're getting 4 game PED suspensions and then claiming "I took adderall but forgot to tell the league I had a prescription :cry" as an excuse, to avoid anybody thinking they're on steroids.

There should be a simple solution if that's the case.....get proof you had a prescription at the time you were tested :lol

Of course it's prolly like my dumbass friend who got a DUI while he had alcohol, weed, and adderall in his system, and since has done backflips to get an adderall prescription thinking that's gonna retroactively make it OK that he had adderall in his system at the time.

BUMP
11-27-2012, 12:14 PM
sounds like an Old Testament story tbhimho

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I guess only because his stupid ass for whatever reason thinks he's a badass when he tells it and has no idea how much of a fuckin idiot he looks like :lol

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 12:20 PM

So you're mentally weak?

tlongII
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM

I don't think it's working tbh.

JoeTait75
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
It always seems to be DB's getting caught for this stuff. Wonder why?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 12:28 PM
:cryRomney:cry

Monostradamus
11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't think it's working tbh.

lol your cornerbacks shit talking Brady only to get busted for steroids. have fun polishing your "We Beat New England" trophy while watching the Patriots actually make the playoffs.

Clipper Nation
11-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Yeah, but players with legitimate ADD could switch to a different medication, like Concerta (which I use)...

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but players with legitimate ADD could switch to a different medication, like Concerta (which I use)...

I tried Concerta and it didn't do shit for me before going to Adderall. People with legitimate, severe ADD need an amphetamine.

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
:lol legitimate severe ADD.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
DPG is trying really hard to get my attention it seems.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, they're definitely on something besides Adderall...NFL teams have too much clout not to be able to grease a doc for an Rx (or a retroactive one). One of those CB's was a CFLer for a few years, and you dont become an all-pro over night at that position without some help.

JoeTait75
11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
imo Mono is right how this should be treated as a recreational drug more than a performance-enhancer. I know Haden took Adderall when he was partying in Vegas.

mavs>spurs
11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I think what dpg is trying to say is ADHD is a make believe condition tbh imho

dirk4mvp
11-27-2012, 01:49 PM
DPG is trying really hard to get my attention it seems.

It must be hard I said with your ADD :rollin :rollin :lol

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Fibromyalgia and Restless Leg Syndrome are also made-up diseases

dirk4mvp
11-27-2012, 01:54 PM
What kind of condition is being a Bills fan?

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Masochism

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
It must be hard I said with your ADD :rollin :rollin :lol

:lol

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I know it's a real "disease" like alcoholism. It's just funny to hear guys talk about it like it's cancer. "My brain won't stop bouncing off the walls :cry". It's over diagnosed (only truly impacts about 4% of adults in the world) and if you have any will power and are not a child, you should be able to get by without the drugs.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I agree that ADD/ADHD is often over/misdiagnosed, especially in early childhood. Kids are naturally ADD--that's what makes them kids. If you start one out on amphetamines early in life then of course they'll be hooked and incapacitated w/o them. I used to get this shit so easily in college (scrip for 60 20mg pills) from a Doc in the box. I'd keep 10 for myself and make a killing off the remaining 50--especially around midterms and finals. You could bang out a 5 page paper in 30 minutes or study like it's nobody's business. They say you only use 3% of your brain or some shit, but it felt like you were using 100% on Adderall.

If John Hollinger had a method for calculating PER at any job (or class) then everybody's efficiency would go up exponentially while on addies.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Wasn't diagnosed till several years ago tbh. Didn't take any as a kid.

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I got diagnosed with ADHD once, and tried taking a prescription for it (think it was Adderall, can't remember.) I didn't really feel any appreciable difference, though everyone around me said I sucked when I was on it because I was like a zombie. (I'm rather animated in real life, I suppose.) I didn't reup my prescription, since I didn't feel any more "motivated".

Edit: Fwiw, I was diagnosed around the age of 25.

GoodOdor
11-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I agree that ADD/ADHD is often over/misdiagnosed, especially in early childhood. Kids are naturally ADD--that's what makes them kids. If you start one out on amphetamines early in life then of course they'll be hooked and incapacitated w/o them. I used to get this shit so easily in college (scrip for 60 20mg pills) from a Doc in the box. I'd keep 10 for myself and make a killing off the remaining 50--especially around midterms and finals. You could bang out a 5 page paper in 30 minutes or study like it's nobody's business. They say you only use 3% of your brain or some shit, but it felt like you were using 100% on that shit.

Scrah, that's actually not true - you use %100 of it, or at least very close to it.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Scrah, that's actually not true - you use %100 of it, or at least very close to it.

Fucking Rip Torn lied to me then.

GoodOdor
11-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Fucking Rip Torn lied to me then.

I think the origin of this myth was those woo-peddlers, something along the lines of:

":cryif we only use 10% of our brains imagine what is possible! telekinesis/bigfoot/ghosts could all be real!:cry"

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
What's funny too is the MWADD (Mentally Weak Attention Deficit Disorder) crew will be first in line to scoff alcoholics & drug addicts. They compare ADD to other diseases and say they need drugs. I wasn't aware you would die without ADD meds like other diseases.

TE
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm prescribed for 20 mg XR tablets. However, I don't take it religiously until I put myself on overdrive when I study (which on the reg, is about 4-5 days before exams). It really does help.

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
What's funny too is the MWADD (Mentally Weak Attention Deficit Disorder) crew will be first in line to scoff alcoholics & drug addicts. They compare ADD to other diseases and say they need drugs. I wasn't aware you would die without ADD meds like other diseases.

Not quite sure you're posting with a stick up your ass DPG. If anything, people with ADD are mentally different, not "weak". There's a few articles about successful businessmen who have used the "benefits" of ADD/ADHD to their advantage.

And no one is saying they'd die without drugs, obviously. People with PTSD won't die without meds either, will they? I guess tha means PTSD is made up, too. In fact, nearly every mental disease must not REALLY be a disease.

In fact, if we're only going for "death" as a sign that a disease is real, I guess arthritis doesn't count. A flu is no longer a "disease", unless you're a kid or old person. Chickenpox is no longer a disease either, unless you're older than a child.

You know, the whole idea of "death or it's not a disease" sounds complicated and stupid. I guess that's why doctors don't use it, huh?

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Regarding the whole 10% myth, I believe that 10% is actively creating electric pulses, and the other 90% are related to the "infrastructure" of the brain to carry the symbol. I could be 100% wrong about this, though; take with a grain of salt.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Not quite sure you're posting with a stick up your ass DPG.

He's trying to troll.

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
He's trying to troll.

There's only a few people who can troll ST without making themselves look like retards. BUMP's pretty good at it.

TE
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Not quite sure you're posting with a stick up your ass DPG. If anything, people with ADD are mentally different, not "weak". There's a few articles about successful businessmen who have used the "benefits" of ADD/ADHD to their advantage.

And no one is saying they'd die without drugs, obviously. People with PTSD won't die without meds either, will they? I guess tha means PTSD is made up, too. In fact, nearly every mental disease must not REALLY be a disease.

In fact, if we're only going for "death" as a sign that a disease is real, I guess arthritis doesn't count. A flu is no longer a "disease", unless you're a kid or old person. Chickenpox is no longer a disease either, unless you're older than a child.

You know, the whole idea of "death or it's not a disease" sounds complicated and stupid. I guess that's why doctors don't use it, huh?

LN provides the sweeping the leg goods to a troll-minded DPG imo

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Imma get my popcorn ready:lol

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Haha

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Went for the Marlin caught a Chilean Sea Bass. Not bad IMO.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Better than a Chilean Sea Dog

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chilean+sea+dog

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Went for the Marlin caught a Chilean Sea Bass. Not bad IMO.

I'm not sure if that's a backhanded compliment or not :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I agree that ADD/ADHD is often over/misdiagnosed, especially in early childhood. Kids are naturally ADD--that's what makes them kids. If you start one out on amphetamines early in life then of course they'll be hooked and incapacitated w/o them. I used to get this shit so easily in college (scrip for 60 20mg pills) from a Doc in the box. I'd keep 10 for myself and make a killing off the remaining 50--especially around midterms and finals. You could bang out a 5 page paper in 30 minutes or study like it's nobody's business. They say you only use 3% of your brain or some shit, but it felt like you were using 100% on Adderall.

One of my student workers had a similar business going. The whole thing is almost too ridiculous to believe. Basically her grades started to slide her senior year of high school because she just got lazy and her parents freaked out and insisted she be tested for learning disabilities (mind you she'd be an exemplary student for a solid decade before two report cards with a handful of Cs). She was totally surprised when their family doc prescribed something, she thinks mostly because of her parents pressuring him. Anyways she hated how they made her feel so she barely took them but since her grades bounced back her parents got convinced that she'd had ADD all this damn time and they were geniuses for pushing her to get tested. Turned the prescription into a cash cow around finals time every semester.

Clipper Nation
11-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Not sure you get what ADD actually is tbh.... it's not "mental weakness," it's a difference in brain chemistry...

If anything, ADD provides mental STRENGTH, specifically in creative thought....

DPG with the shitful trolling bads :lol

DPG21920
11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
^ that's SBM levels of bad

Ghazi
11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm manic depressive!

LnGrrrR
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Ghazi's medicine cabinet is STTTTAAAAAACCCCKKKKKEEEEEDDD

BUMP
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I got ghazi's medicine cabinet (-3)

BUMP
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
etc

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm manic depressive!
Just don't tell me you're on Lithium.

monosylab1k
11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
It always seems to be DB's getting caught for this stuff. Wonder why?

Probably to play catch up with how much bigger receivers have gotten in the past decade. CB's have to get bigger without sacrificing speed. Easy way is to roid up and then if you get caught, blame it on Adderall.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I got ghazi's medicine cabinet (-3)

I got a Ghazi manic episode involving hookers and gambling (+7)

monosylab1k
11-27-2012, 06:06 PM
What's the over/under on how much he pays for his next handjob ?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Depends on whether or not he takes his lithium. Ghaz, fill us in....?

Ghazi
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Just don't tell me you're on Lithium.

actually I am o_O

DeadlyDynasty
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
You really are legitimately crazy then:lol

jimbo
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I tried Concerta and it didn't do shit for me before going to Adderall. People with legitimate, severe ADD need an amphetamine.

This completely isn't true and even if it were you could take Vyvanse which has less potential for recreational abuse.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
This completely isn't true and even if it were you could take Vyvanse which has less potential for recreational abuse.

I tried Vyvanse before adderall you retarded fuckstick.

Ghazi
12-08-2012, 03:11 AM
You really are legitimately crazy then:lol

I haven't minded Lithium at all. Seroquel is horrible though!