PDA

View Full Version : Scott McClellan crossed the line yesterday!

JohnnyMarzetti
09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I read this comment in today's paper and got incredibly upset, frustrated and just plain pissed off. :cuss

Asked about the American death toll, White House press secretary Scott McClellan told reporters, "We remember, honor, and mourn the loss of all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice defending freedom. And we also remember those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th."

That on such a tragic occasion as the loss of over 1,000 American men and women in Iraq the press secretary would have the audacity to keep politicizing the people who died on September 11th is so incredibly frustrating and aggravating that I was at a loss for words.

I really hope that Kerry has the balls to take this and run with it. If he condemns this sort of behavior and can strongly announce that 9/11 and operations in Iraq have absolutely nothing to do with each other (outside of this administration’s delusions and spin) then maybe some good can come of this. For now I’m just upset and ashamed that these people are running our country.

Tommy Duncan
09-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh give it a fucking rest. Every fucking day there is some Demo politician or operative whining about how the GOP has "crossed the line." Presumably claiming that the President had foreknowledge of the 9-11 attacks, lied, is Hitler, etc...is within the bounds of acceptable political discourse.

Buck it up and shut the **** up.

Yonivore
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
A majority of Americans believe there is some connection between Iraq and global terrorism, even if there is no tangible evidence that Iraq was directly involved in 9/11.

Quibbling about not having a smoking gun isn't winning many (if any) voters to your side of the argument.

Also, it is approaching the 3rd anniversary of the attacks...I think it's wholly appropriate for the White House to remember the victims at this time of the year.

Joe Chalupa
09-08-2004, 11:53 AM
We are in an election year.

bigzak25
09-08-2004, 12:14 PM
only dead civilians can pacify the left....very sad.

we're on offense now....get it?

Joe Chalupa
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
why is everything "left" or "right"?

There are people on the "right" that are not happy with this war too you know. :angel

No deaths pacify me.

Being on the offensive doesn't make war any prettier to me.

But YES, we need to finish the job.

Go USA!!

bigzak25
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
not u joe....the radical leftists....support nothing...hate everything bush.

Joe Chalupa
09-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, too bad there are those in the extreme...on both sides.

Hook Dem
09-09-2004, 01:22 AM
I've told you this before Joe but if we have to go fight, I would be honored to fight alongside you! I respect your opinions and you,sir,are a good American!!!!!:wink