PDA

View Full Version : Lighten up, Francis!

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Something for my Blue Brethren::toast

I'm working on a CD with a Jazz vocalist/guitarist from Berlin. He's a pretty talented artist and songwriter. Last year, I was yakking with him on the phone about the CD. He was talking about a tune he wrote about what he thought growing up Republican in the rural US would be like. He sang it to me over the phone (how romantic, no?:lol) and I immediately went to my studio and threw the farm at it and sent it to him for his vocal tracks. Anyway, I thought it was pretty clever for a German/Brit/American Ex-Pat.

Country for the Common Man.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10988628

* For Winehole: I used my old, $25 Harmony bass with flatwounds that have been on it for at least 10 years. And yeah, that's a thumb ledge on the upper portion of the pick guard. lol This pic is not of mine, but it looks exactly like it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/Harmony.jpg

Winehole23
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
nice!

(returns meekly to woodshed)

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Git a cheap geetar and be a star! :lol

Th'Pusher
11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice production value tbh. Love the banjo and the multi track vocal that gives a nice layered effect. Please don't tell me you played all of the instirmwnta yourself?

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Nice production value tbh. Love the banjo and the multi track vocal that gives a nice layered effect. Please don't tell me you played all of the instirmwnta yourself?
:toast
Nah....Martin handled the acoustic guitar and I farmed the Tele solo out to a buddy of mine. I did screw up everything else tho.:lol

Drachen
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Git a cheap geetar and be a star! :lol

Too much pressure. If he does this then
he needs to keep on rockin, he just cant stop
He'll have to keep on rockin, Winehole has GOT to stay on top.

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Too much pressure. If he does this then
he needs to keep on rockin, he just cant stop
He'll have to keep on rockin, Winehole has GOT to stay on top.

This post is made of win.