PDA

View Full Version : Why are the spurs so butthurt?

Lincoln
11-29-2012, 08:51 PM
For years y'all been complaining that the media hates you and that y'all don't get enough nationally televised games. Well now you get one against a premier team and decide to not play your best players. Every team gets fucked by scheduling at some point or another so I'm not sure why y'all are so entitled. People pay damn good money to watch their team play and Pop should be ashamed for pulling this shit.

You have to wonder why no FA wants to go to that shit hole dirty ass city full of obese slobs where there is a chance the coach wouldn't even play them in a prime time game.

timvp
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM
How are the Spurs butthurt? The only ones butthurt are Stern and, apparently, you.

Lincoln
11-29-2012, 08:55 PM
"We hate this NBA scheduling :cry its obviously rigged against us :cry so we will try to make a point and rest everyone :cry that'll show em! :cry:cry:cry"

timvp
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM
For the record, is that a direct quote?

Rapper
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM
It seems our bench can deal with the Heat

Lincoln
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Brief paraphrase IMHO

pgardn
11-29-2012, 09:02 PM
"We hate this NBA scheduling :cry its obviously rigged against us :cry so we will try to make a point and rest everyone :cry that'll show em! :cry:cry:cry"

Squash for brains:

The only point to be made is we will make the playoffs and losing this game means nothing besides helping us rest older players that are important to LONG TERM success of our team.

So you go talk to Stern about making the schedule 82 games and in addition making it so easy to be a playoff team. You want regular season games to matter? You want our best on the floor? Then decrease the reg. season games and take fewer playoff teams. Make the regular season mean something.

Idiot...

Lincoln
11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Why don't the spurs rest more then during the season and sneak in as a lower seed? Surely good championship teams can win on the road right?

I mean, after trying so hard the last 2 years for the one seed and having nothing to show for it, why not rest more?

Bill_Brasky
11-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Meh, they just did what they felt they had to do. Whatever anyone has to say about it is irrelevant imo.

Dingle Barry
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't recall Pop complaining about not being on TV. Or are you asserting that some random insecure Spurs fans determine the team's lineups?

You're a dumbass.

pgardn
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Why don't the spurs rest more then during the season and sneak in as a lower seed? Surely good championship teams can win on the road right?

I mean, after trying so hard the last 2 years for the one seed and having nothing to show for it, why not rest more?

We do rest players during the regular season.

Are you foolish enough to think this is the first time the Spurs have ever done this? You think this is the last time you will see this? You know nothing about this team.

Dingle Barry
11-29-2012, 09:11 PM
And what non shitty FA have signed up to play in the land of douchebags and 30k millionaires?

Reck
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Lincoln done felt off a cliff.

Worthless threads.

MannyIsGod
11-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Brief paraphrase IMHO

Aren't all paraphrases brief by definition?

Kool Bob Love
11-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Luck>Rg3

4>1

biskvito
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BEqxQ.gif

DAF86
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Blaming others of being butthurt while being butthurt, classic move.

spurraider21
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Neal with it

Clipper Nation
11-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Tbh, the whole :cry fucked by scheduling :cry argument is kind of lame.... considering all the years I've had to sit through the Clippers shitting themselves during the yearly Grammys Road Trip from Hell, can't say I have much sympathy there....

That being said, Stern can go fuck himself for trying to insert himself into Pop's coaching decisions.... it's Stern's job to run the league, it isn't his job to set rotations and declare how many minutes each player must get...

silverblk mystix
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
For years y'all been complaining that the media hates you and that y'all don't get enough nationally televised games. Well now you get one against a premier team and decide to not play your best players. Every team gets fucked by scheduling at some point or another so I'm not sure why y'all are so entitled. People pay damn good money to watch their team play and Pop should be ashamed for pulling this shit.

You have to wonder why no FA wants to go to that shit hole dirty ass city full of obese slobs where there is a chance the coach wouldn't even play them in a prime time game.

I gotta call em as I see em....and for a 19 year old idiot who has absolutely zero game with the ladies....actually if you have to come to spurstalk to get advice to get laid - well you actually have - less than zero game...

but I digress....

You actually have a real good point here.

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Luck> Rg3

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM
People pay damn good money to watch their team play and Pop should be ashamed for pulling this shit.

was this at the at&t center?

Obstructed_View
11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
was this at the at&t center?

:lol All Miami fans care about is the final score. You can't even get them to show up on time for a regular season game.

Lincoln
11-29-2012, 11:21 PM
:lol I've been with 4 girls since I asked that question (2 serious relationships and the other 2 were fwb) i still never ended up with that chick tho...she was too old for me I guess...still comes in tho and we chit chat

And yea I suck now...rip prime MD

Trainwreck2100
11-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Aren't all paraphrases brief by definition?

no they are shorter than the original, if i paraphrase a novel for laymen it will still be quite long

Kidd K
11-29-2012, 11:44 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/i-dont-always-post-in-gay-threads-but-when-i-doit-means-the-op-is-a-faggot.jpg

Sean Cagney
11-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Luck>Rg3

4>1I agree FULLY on the 4-1 as that is a FACT! The other part though is a joke and I am not a Skins fan lol.

DesertSpur50
11-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather see the Spurs bench than the train wreck that is the shit Dallas Mavericks, tbqh.

Stabula
11-29-2012, 11:54 PM
In hindsight I fully support Pop's decision to rest the big three. After the long road trips with back to backs up the ass Stern really thought he'd showcase his darlings the Miami Heat by having the Spurs play them on the tail end of not only a long road trip but the second portion of a back to back and nationally televise it. Really, David Stern? After giving Miami four days of rest you have them play the Spurs on national television when the Spurs are coming off a game just last night? I'm glad Pop decided to shit all over you.

jimbo
11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Spitting truth bombs bro. Ignan't spur fan gonna spur fan though.

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 11:59 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/i-dont-always-post-in-gay-threads-but-when-i-doit-means-the-op-is-a-faggot.jpg

"i don't always drink, but when i do, i drink the shittiest beer around!"

HI-FI
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't know about you guys but I'd rather see the Spurs bench than the train wreck that is the shit Dallas Mavericks, tbqh.
real talk. least our team has a system or design to it. Mavericks basically revolve around Cuban doing a bunch of blow and coming up with big plans for his team that never come through.

ElNono
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
tbh, the schedule isn't the issue... the issue is that we're old.

Sean Cagney
11-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Spitting truth bombs bro. Ignan't spur fan gonna spur fan though.

Learn how to spell. Your team says the Spurs too, if not think about changing it.

BTW yeah I am sure that is why players don't want to come to SA! POP MIGHT SIT THEM A PRIME TIME GAME! YEP thats been it for years! Even in 03 or so when he was not doing this at a time when players still would not come to this small market team! They knew the future POP WOULD SIT THEM in a prime time game! That is IT! You solved IT OP!

BTW Deron Williams and Howard were sure in a hurry to get to DALLAS correct? LOL.

jimbo
11-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Learn how to spell. Your team says the Spurs too, if not think about changing it.

Son, if I can spell ignan't right, why wouldn't I be able to spell ignorant? I spelled it that way for stylistic purposes.

I support the Spurs, just not all the butthurt cliches most Spurfan spout out.

KaiRMD1
11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
I really came into this thread thinking the OP meant to say "Why is Stern so butthurt?" Damn.........

Sean Cagney
11-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Son, if I can spell ignan't right, why wouldn't I be able to spell ignorant? I spelled it that way for stylistic purposes.

I support the Spurs, just not all the butthurt cliches most Spurfan spout out.

Okay but that idiot said a few things up there that made sense! Then the rest DID NOT at all, FA's do not shy away from here because Pop sits them during some games! They want big market teams alot of the time and the money! SA is a small market team and that is why they will not sign in SA! PERIOD. Pop sitting players does diss the fans some, but F the schedule they played them 4 times in 5 nights and Miami gets a ton off before that, what part of the game is that?

Fireball
11-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Yes, Spurs fans sometimes cry because their team isn't featured in many national televised games ... but in the end you want to have competitive games and not blowout victories on national television. IMO tonight the chance of a blowout win for Miami was more likely if Coach Pop let the tired Big 3 play.

Darkwaters
11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/790/butt-hurt.jpg

Legacy
11-30-2012, 07:43 AM
http://global3.memecdn.com/butt-hurt_o_734149.jpg

therealtruth
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Yes, Spurs fans sometimes cry because their team isn't featured in many national televised games ... but in the end you want to have competitive games and not blowout victories on national television. IMO tonight the chance of a blowout win for Miami was more likely if Coach Pop let the tired Big 3 play.

Ironically you might be right. However being able to play when you're tired is important in the playoffs. If we could have played the big 3 40 minutes in the OKC series in game 4-6 we probably win the series easily.

Fireball
11-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Ironically you might be right. However being able to play when you're tired is important in the playoffs. If we could have played the big 3 40 minutes in the OKC series in game 4-6 we probably win the series easily.

I still think the OKC series was special because there was a b2b game in that series. I don't know which game of that series it was, but that had its effect on the momentum change of the series as well.

And as someone in another thread said, injuries happen more often when you are fatigued. You do not risk that in the regular season ... but you do it in the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
in the past nobody had a problem when pop pulled out the white flag early in teh game

nobody had a problem when he left out certain players for breaks in the season

all of a sudden the nba fans who never gave a shit to tune into spurs games complaining about the spurs fielding the bench to play in a televised game...

spurs just preparing post duncan era with bench play, nothing to see here :D

bus driver
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM

+1

butthurt?, i could care less if the they played are not. i want the spurs to win the whole damn thing, not just one regular season game. youre stupid

also,
i dont give a shit of the illegals in miami cant afford to go to another game. thats their problem

romain.star
11-30-2012, 09:02 AM
tbh, the schedule isn't the issue... the issue is that we're old.

Are we?

Well, I'm 29. How old are you?

jag
11-30-2012, 09:04 AM

What's a macau? And why can't you start threads anymore?

Obstructed_View
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
all of a sudden the nba fans who never gave a shit to tune into spurs games complaining about the spurs fielding the bench to play in a televised game...

TDMVPDPOY with the goods. You can be a quality poster when you decide to be.

therealtruth
11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I still think the OKC series was special because there was a b2b game in that series. I don't know which game of that series it was, but that had its effect on the momentum change of the series as well.

And as someone in another thread said, injuries happen more often when you are fatigued. You do not risk that in the regular season ... but you do it in the playoffs.

The b2b was in the Clippers series. They did play every other game though and I definitely think that hurt the Spurs.

rEgUlaToR!!!!!
11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Lincoln, you're getting a ribbon at our next meeting!

Fireball
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
The b2b was in the Clippers series. They did play every other game though and I definitely think that hurt the Spurs.

You mean they played every other day, do you?