PDA

View Full Version : Moral victories

TE
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Damn proud of this team tbh.

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 10:46 PM
no doubt! not proud that neal through it away back to back to back to back...

TE
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
no doubt! not proud that neal through it away back to back to back to back...
Meh, considering how limited we were, I ain't mad at the result...

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Meh, considering how limited we were, I ain't mad at the result...

i just hate seeing contested shots thrown up for the sake of it while there's plenty of guys wide open to pass it to. why throw it away with time on the clock and multiple people guarding you beyond the 3? wtf?

spurraider21
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
to be honest i wanted to see neal shoot it. he's the only guy on the floor who I know for a fact could hit a clutch three

Juggity
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Learning experience tbh.

Plus, Neal, de colo and the rest of the bench were at a disadvantage on multiple levels at the end of the game — skill, obviously. But also energy. One of the things that makes Lebron so great as a player is the fact that he's still functioning close to his athletic peak at the end of games. The bench had to have been gassed.

BatManu20
11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
We still should have won it though tbh. Yea i'm proud obviously that our bench could even keep it close but we were up by 5 with 4 minutes left and gave it away. Turnovers and poor execution killed us in the last couple minutes. We should've won!

lakerhaterade
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
This Miami Heat win has to feel like a loss. That was simply embarrassing.

TampaDude
11-29-2012, 11:29 PM
This Miami Heat win has to feel like a loss. That was simply embarrassing.

^ this

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:35 PM
It could have been embarrassing or it could be telling the Heat "we can turn it on when we need to". A win is a win. You don't need a blowout and this might have helped galvanize the team around Ray Allen (if that's ever even needed).

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:36 PM
We still should have won it though tbh. Yea i'm proud obviously that our bench could even keep it close but we were up by 5 with 4 minutes left and gave it away. Turnovers and poor execution killed us in the last couple minutes. We should've won!

No, we should have been down by 30 in the 4th. No way in hell we ever win a close game against the defending champs with our big 3 not even in the building. It's not going to happen.

LonghornMike
11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Does anyone remember early last year, when the Spurs were struggling and only 13-9, there was a pivotal game against Dallas when Popovich rode his bench to an almost-comeback victory. That sparked confidence in our bench production and was a resurgence of the team after a slow start. I'm hoping this game pays similar dividends down the line.

Sean Cagney
11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
i just hate seeing contested shots thrown up for the sake of it while there's plenty of guys wide open to pass it to. why throw it away with time on the clock and multiple people guarding you beyond the 3? wtf?

Thats Neal and his horrible shot selection at times though, he is what he is.

Stabula
11-29-2012, 11:45 PM

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Thats Neal and his horrible shot selection at times though, he is what he is.

not just neal but mills too but moreso neal. i can't really complain, when i heard 4 starters were out (6 players total), i wasn't expecting much.

Sean Cagney
11-29-2012, 11:49 PM
not just neal but mills too but moreso neal. i can't really complain, when i heard 4 starters were out (6 players total), i wasn't expecting much.

Mills as well, yes you are right. Neal though has done this a few times I have seen him. I didn't expect a thing, I expected a 40 pts loss on TV to be HONEST with you. Whats funny though they could have won so that makes it a little dissapointing becuase they played so hard and could have stole a HUGE ONE in MIAMI.

Kidd K
11-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Spurs didn't play the following guys:

Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Stephen Jackson
Kawhi Leonard
Danny Green

:lmao

Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal were the best Spurs on the floor tonight. Whereever you wanna slot then, it's in the 6-8th best on the team area.

Still almost won.

racm
11-29-2012, 11:51 PM
The only takeaway from this game is the bench mob's confidence, tbh

boutons_deux
11-30-2012, 06:33 AM
PM + NdC + GN = 15 TOs.

Hoops Czar
11-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Spurs didn't play the following guys:

Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Stephen Jackson
Kawhi Leonard
Danny Green

:lmao

Tiago Splitter and Gary Neal were the best Spurs on the floor tonight. Whereever you wanna slot then, it's in the 6-8th best on the team area.

Still almost won.

Did you close your eyes every time Lebron touched the ball? just asking...

Obstructed_View
11-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Is Lebron a Spur now?

Kidd K
11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Did you close your eyes every time Lebron touched the ball? just asking...

LeBron isn't a Spur, so I'm not sure what your point is.

rascal
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
It could have been embarrassing or it could be telling the Heat "we can turn it on when we need to". A win is a win. You don't need a blowout and this might have helped galvanize the team around Ray Allen (if that's ever even needed).

The game meant nothing more than a coast then turn it on at the end and get the win for Miami. Mission accomplished.

The lakers often toyed with the Spurs like that in the playoffs during their 3 peat years.

Had Miami wanted to win by 20 they could have easily done so but why bust all out in a regular season game against backups.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Had Miami wanted to win by 20 they could have easily done so but why bust all out in a regular season game against backups.

im certain wade was doing his best to put ball into basket then cryin at the refs every possession is a spurs defensive foul, he turned it on he did shit all

bigfan
11-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Now lets make sure to beat the crap out of the Grizz.