PDA

View Full Version : Official Blair Really Really Sucks Thread

DMC
11-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Can Blair suck any harder than he's sucking now? Without someone out there to disguise his ineptness, he's a glaring blob of suckage.

He needs to be traded in the worst way. Sure he's a ball of energy, so is my grandson but he also isn't suitable to be on the Spurs roster.

Quiet Strength
11-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't understand how he can get so many easy shots and miss them.

playblair
11-29-2012, 10:54 PM
hater .....

bonner earned a spot tonight in the regular season rotation .... but as charles & reggie pointed out bonner disappears in the play offs ...

blair = the toughness needed in the play offs ....

DMC
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM

It's not the shots that bother me about him. It's that he's got 1 week experience like 100 times. Matchup problem? Perhaps, but I cringe when he's on the floor. Fortunately Manu can get him wide open looks.

Tonight was a bad night for him, but he's really junkyard dog style shit all the time anyhow. Someone will come along and post stats and pretend they tell the entire story, but wow he's got to be the weakest link on the team by far.

spurraider21
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
BNSF tbh...

DMC
11-29-2012, 10:56 PM
hater .....

bonner earned a spot tonight in the regular season rotation .... but as charles & reggie pointed out bonner disappears in the play offs ...

blair = the toughness needed in the play offs ....

I forgot, Blair killed it in the playoffs last year.

Bonner and Blair continue to be huge liabilities and we are very lucky Pop knows how to minimize them as much as possible.

At least Bonner is a threat to score outside. Blair has his moments, and his pay is nothing compared to others on the team, but he should have been a force tonight, not dominant, but still a force. He was a huge liability. When Pop inserted him we always turned the ball over and missed easy ass looks.

Nothing to do with how the team played, couldn't be more proud of them, but Blair was on the bench in crunch time for a reason and not because the Heat were small.

boutons_deux
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
3-7, all from within 5 feet. amazing. doesn't shoot, he throws

therealtruth
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM

It's all about concentration. He can't just flick the shot up there and hope it will go in.

Paranoid Pop
He's only there in case they need a filler for a trade.

TDMVPDPOY
every time he touches the ball he shoots it up very quick, whether they are legit shot attempts, or just releasing it hope it goes in is another matter, dont get me started when they dont go in and his attempting for offensive rebounds with one hand or trying to slap them somewhere....

i dont think his even good for dleague

koriwhat
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
yeah, he totally disgusted me in the end. really, you can't finish at the rim with no one on you? wtf?! tonight was the first night i was shouting to put bonner back in.

lefty
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Blair takes so many retarded shots

Even Bird or Mike wouldn't make them

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
every time he touches the ball he shoots it up very quick, whether they are legit shot attempts, or just releasing it hope it goes in is another matter, dont get me started when they dont go in and his attempting for offensive rebounds with one hand or trying to slap them somewhere....

i dont think his even good for dleague
Which really sucks because he's got some intangibles that you cannot teach, but he's too stump dumb to ever polish his game. It's not going to get much better. His time has come and gone.

freetiago
11-29-2012, 11:03 PM
could probably replace james anderson with blair and hed be better
i liked that reverse he pulled off underneath
blair use to have it
dont know what happened to him
probably the acls

timvp
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
An emo thread after that effort? Yeah, no, I couldn't muster it.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM

what effort u talkin from blair was display tonight?? choking on easy open shots with his pathetic releases hoping they bounce out back into his hands so he can stat padd offensive rebs?

timvp
11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
what effort u talkin from blair was display tonight?? choking on easy open shots with his pathetic releases hoping they bounce out back into his hands so he can stat padd offensive rebs?

I rest my case.

DMC
could probably replace james anderson with blair and hed be better
i liked that reverse he pulled off underneath
blair use to have it
dont know what happened to him
probably the acls

I've maintained that Blair was more effective before they trained him. Sure he would foul out but now he's a shell of what he was and I blame that on trying to recondition his mind to play how they want him to play. He's not mentally strong enough to maintain his game, which was a collection of things he'd developed on his own. If he were a CoJo or JA, I wouldn't give a shit, but I thought he had a real chance to be a force in the league. He's just another name to group into a bundle to get a mid level guy.

Kidd K
At least one of Blair's misses were because Diaw passively handed the ball off to force him into a bad shooting situation. I don't blame him for everything he's missed. Plus another of his misses were off of offensive rebounds. It isn't like he threw away tons of great possessions.

He could've been better, but I would be more upset with Neal if you're going to bash someone for playing poorly tonight. Neal led the team in turnovers, fouls, and bricks.

Neal in last 2 minutes: 0-4, turnover, foul. We were up by then, but tbh, I wrote this game off as a loss a few days ago. I'm happy with the performance all around. Disappointed in Neal's bad decision making late in the game, but happy with the overall team performance despite the loss.

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM

Not even about that game, but about Blair this season. I'm over the game already.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM
last 3 mins was bullshit basketball, just like the first 3 minutes with the stupids flashy passes adn giving up open layups

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:09 PM
At least one of Blair's misses were because Diaw passively handed the ball off to force him into a bad shooting situation. I don't blame him for everything he's missed. Plus another of his misses were off of offensive rebounds. It isn't like he threw away tons of great possessions.

He could've been better, but I would be more upset with Neal if you're going to bash someone for playing poorly tonight. Neal led the team in turnovers, fouls, and bricks.

Neal in last 2 minutes: 0-4, turnover, foul. We were up by then, but tbh, I wrote this game off as a loss a few days ago. I'm happy with the performance all around. Disappointed in Neal's bad decision making late in the game, but happy with the overall team performance despite the loss.

Not about just tonight. He's like the family retard everyone pretends isn't a retard, he's just sweet.

btw, Neal isn't even a half decent PG. This is something we already know. He gets pressured easily at half court. Nando should be handling the ball, not Neal.

Paranoid Pop
11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Not even about that game, but about Blair this season. I'm over the game already.

Not just this season, there's a reason he's benched every year come playoff time. At this point they just need to send him somewhere and stop starting him thinking they're all smart.

timvp
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM

Alright.

Odd timing, though.

Kidd K
11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Not about just tonight. He's like the family retard everyone pretends isn't a retard, he's just sweet.

btw, Neal isn't even a half decent PG. This is something we already know. He gets pressured easily at half court. Nando should be handling the ball, not Neal.

Blair's not the best player ever, but he's a good end of the bench guy. We've been winning for so long, it's easy to get annoyed with a guy who can't do more. . .but he's probably better than most guys around the NBA who have his role; which is basically 4th-5th big.

There are worse bigs out there that get paid 4x as much. Blair's good for his cost imo.

HI-FI
11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
do you think Blair doesn't work on his shots as much because of his ACLs, or lack thereof, perhaps trying to preserve his knees as much as possible?

or is it just laziness?

because his shots look pretty bad out there.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Blair's not the best player ever, but he's a good end of the bench guy. We've been winning for so long, it's easy to get annoyed with a guy who can't do more. . .but he's probably better than most guys around the NBA who have his role; which is basically 4th-5th big.

There are worse bigs out there that get paid 4x as much. Blair's good for his cost imo.

his fkn shit, if u think his better than most bench scrubs...spurs system make him look better than what he is, if his that good...other teams would be knockin on the door with trade

DapDaGenius
11-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I like Blair but at times *sigh*....I don't know anymore.

Can people start posting possible trade threads again? LOL

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Alright.

Odd timing, though.

I needed a good sample size and this game was the most enjoyable one all season imo so I felt compelled to comment. The game couldn't have been better team wise, but I really expected Blair to step up and he didn't, he regressed. I was hopeful because he dropped pounds and that to me means he's committed to being a NBA player, but he's never done well playing with the bench guys.

DMC
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
do you think Blair doesn't work on his shots as much because of his ACLs, or lack thereof, perhaps trying to preserve his knees as much as possible?

or is it just laziness?

because his shots look pretty bad out there.

Blair is anything but lazy. He's goes harder than anyone out there except Manu. No doubt he spends many many hours working on his game, and it might all come together QW,jnk jhgf (oops grandson attack) sometime but it doesn't look good for him, but it's not because of lack of effort. His expressions might hint that, but I feel it's not the case. He's limited because he just doesn't have the fundamentals to not be. He's also short for his position and the ACL thing doesn't help.

Kidd K
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
his fkn shit, if u think his better than most bench scrubs...spurs system make him look better than what he is, if his that good...other teams would be knockin on the door with trade

I watch more than just one team, so yeah, I'm pretty sure he's better than a lot of end of the bench scrub big men who get paid what he does.

We can't really speculate if teams haven't been trying to get him. Due to his being so cheap, there's no reason for RC to trade him until his deal's about to expire. Hate him all you like man. . .his production is hard to replace at that low of a salary.

ElNono
11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Blair is officially hot garbage. Next.

weebo
11-29-2012, 11:28 PM

I rather take my chances with Neal. De Colo flat out sucks something major.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-29-2012, 11:28 PM
It seems Blair has lost his ability to catch passes.

MI21
11-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Whoever it was that told Blair to stop going hard at the hoop and to instead shoot floaters made a mistake. I know in his rookie season he was getting blocked a lot by taller players, but that is better than this floater rubbish. I would say it was a Spurs coaching staff decision and I think it may have been a mistake.

davidbowie
11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
MY BOY D BLAIR IS A BEAST!!!!!!

Stabula
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Yup Blair sucks. I'd rather have 70 year old David Robinson back.

therealtruth
11-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Blair is evidence that Pop can't coach bigs.

Raven
11-30-2012, 06:39 AM
he just doesn't seem to be able to calm down and relax when playing. Perhaps he feels he is constantly being tested and because of that plays with little control. So we see lost rebounds, tournovers, broken plays and especially missed layups.. This isn't stuff that can't be fixed and that is why he is starting right now, to boost his confidence.. But at some point he'll have to prove he does have an IQ and play with brains..

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 06:47 AM
The problem with Blair is his lack of post game. He only scores on the occasional put back and awkward, high arching floaters. If he used his size and weight to his advantage, he could be a Z-bo type of player.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 06:55 AM
i take any 7ft in the league over him, dude gets exposed so much when his playing against scrub big men its not funni....

bigfan
11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Since I live in Dallas and dont get to see the Spurs much I was suprised how much weight Blair has lost, I am sure the guy is trying hard to improve. Unfortunately he just doesnt bring enough to make a difference so unless he makes big changes soon I vote him off the island.

DMC
01-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Like I said...

Boomersgold
01-03-2013, 01:05 AM

Nando's played abysmally the last few games. Patty should be above De Colo on the depth chart if Pop sees the game like we do.

Rather than have De Colo rot on the bench, I'd like to see him develop his skills and confidence with the Toros in the D-League.

DMC
01-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Patty just dribbles up and shoots. That's fine for small spurts but not for a backup PG. Nando has talent, he just needs the experience. The D league is full of scrubs, he won't learn NBA level play there.

Regardless, the thread is about Blair.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2013, 01:22 AM
lets not mention the scrub in the future, u guys are makn him relevant...

PÒÓCH
01-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Blair is nothing more than a Malik Rose but with less talent. The Spurs will help him land a great contract with another team and then he'll fizzle away.

Josepatches_
01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Short and a fat are the only things in common with Malik Rose

gee
01-03-2013, 09:23 AM
get this bitch out of here

Leetonidas
01-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Don't compare Blair to Malik. I'd take Malik at his fattest any day of he week over Blair. Blair's suckage makes me miss Malik Rose

Darkwaters
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Blair isn't even playable right now. We have an open roster spot, so cutting him gains us nothing - unless he either accepts a buyout (which he won't) or if we want to sign two players in the near future. The only other value he adds is as filler in a potential trade at the deadline.

That being said, I don't mind him on the team as such. I just don't want him to play. And thats what frustrates me - is so long as hes around the temptation exists to play him (at least Pop seems tempted). After the trade deadline, if hes still a Spur, I say the team cut him and let him pursue anybody foolish enough to request his services.

Ice009
01-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Someone has to ask if there is anything physically wrong with him. It's crazy how bad he as become all of the sudden. I really want to know if it is physical, mental or both.

Darkwaters
01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Someone has to ask if there is anything physically wrong with him. It's crazy how bad he as become all of the sudden. I really want to know if it is physical, mental or both.

I think we're all asking that. And I have a sneaking suspicion he has something wrong with his knees. Almost like some of the ligaments are compromised, severely limiting his ability to move and jump...

[/sarcasm]

No, I think your assessment is dead on. Hes not right physically. And based on his well documented ACL condition, it's probably just a matter of wear and tear finally catching up to him.

Gagnrath
01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I am convinced that it is physical and mental. Blair in college wasn't low on basketball iq though it could be said he was something of a man amongst boys. In his rookie year blair did very well and there were words of the next barkley once he calms down and if his knees hold out. Being an explosive leaper didn't play a role in getting rebounds because he never was he had questionable knees to start with.

I do think that the team tried to get him to loose some weight and work on conditioning... they also tried to get him to develop a 10' jumpshot. He didn't do either his sophmore year, instead he got fat and developed an attitude pop didn't care for. He got ineffective and the wear and tear started taking his knees from bothersome to serious.... so he decided to loose the weight and do conditioning this summer but it was to little to late, he was allready in unhappy popland which is a hard place indeed to escape from. So realizing that he has checked out on the spurs and is hoping to get a moderately big contract then cash out in a year and a half when his knees are done.

spurraider21
01-03-2013, 03:02 PM
i'm almost disturbed by how badly Blair has regressed. I was a pretty big fan of his because despite his height deficiency he would give so much effort he was still at least a productive player. Even though he lost his starting gig just before the playoffs for 2 straight year the guy was a minutes eater who was able to get a few putbacks a game and help keep Timmy fresh. His defense was below average, but he contested and was a vacuum on the boards. I was also on the same bandwagon as timvp hoping blair would start along duncan, letting duncan play perimeter and keeping blair down low to battle, only to have tiago come off the bench in the same unit as diaw. now it just seems he's quit on the team. he's not even trying anymore. what happened to the dude that put up a 20-20 game... smh

SupremeGuy
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think he's just quit on the team. It didn't even look like he wanted to be on the court last night.

Ice009
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think he's just quit on the team. It didn't even look like he wanted to be on the court last night.

That's why I would like someone to ask if there is anything physically wrong with him. He may have simply just quit on the team. That could explain his piss poor play and effort just as much as a physical problem.

TheCerebral1
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
He's used in extreme foul situations and in blow outs. Otherwise he's the healthy scratch. Diaw has been such a solid big for this team. I had no idea he'd fit in so well when he originally was waived last year.

Libri
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he's depressed. He can't run, jump, dunk, and rebound like he used to. Never been able to develop a jump shot. His effort to lose weight has not helped him. Realizing that he is now worse than Bonner. All this coming in his contract year is enough to fall into a depressive state.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Blair was always a porker, but he at least used to look like he tried his best out there, even if he lacked the talent. Now he's just awful. It's kind of sad, really.

gambit1990
01-09-2013, 05:56 PM
It’s no surprise that DeJuan Blair may be moved prior to the trade deadline on February 21. The San Antonio Spurs have been shopping him for quite some time, and nearly traded him in June. In the days leading up to the 2012 NBA Draft, the Spurs spoke to a number of teams about the 23-year-old big man. They nearly sent Blair to the Miami HEAT, but the deal fell apart.

Now, San Antonio is once again shopping Blair and seeing what teams are willing to offer.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-utah-jazz-standing-pat/

i wonder what that deal was for and why it fell apart.

playblair
05-03-2014, 07:52 PM
BLAIR haters :lol..................

lefty
05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
:lmao this thread