PDA

View Full Version : Blazers trade picks with Utah.

tlongII
06-28-2005, 02:48 PM
We're sending the #3 to Utah for #6, #27, and Detroit's 1st rounder next year.

This is okay as long as Marvin Williams doesn't fall to the #3 spot. That would be a nightmare if that happened.

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Dumb trade for Jazz. 3 first rounders to move up 3 spots? They better hope they get Paul.

tlongII
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
why? whats wrong with that? the blazers want him? I think Bogut goes first followed by Marvin to A*Town. Deron Williams will most likely be picked next however Chris Pauk could also be.

Marvin Williams could be a future superstar and we would miss out on him since we traded the #3 pick. If he goes at #2 then the deal is okay. I believe we will take Martell Webster at #6 now.

ShoogarBear
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Utah will go for Paul, unless for some reason they are faced with a choice of both Williams and Paul.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM

This is okay as long as Marvin Williams doesn't fall to the #3 spot. That would be a nightmare if that happened.

I just heard that on ESPNEWS. Portland got a hell of a deal. I rather have #6, #27 and a future 1st round pick next year than just have #3.

Jimcs50
06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I thought Portland would get Gerald Green, he will be a fantastic player.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
They traded the #3 and Patterson for the #6, #27, a future pick and Giricek, correct?

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Utah will go for Paul, unless for some reason they are faced with a choice of both Williams and Paul.

Utah is coveting Deron Williams.

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey....Blazers will go with the BPA choice.

Best Pot Available.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 03:33 PM
They traded the #3 and Patterson for the #6, #27, a future pick and Giricek, correct?

Nope, no Giricek

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/news/story?id=2096328
The Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers traded picks Tuesday.

Portland traded the rights to the No. 3 pick to Utah for the rights to the No. 6 and No. 27 picks and the rights to a 2006 first-round pick that the Jazz got from the Detroit Pistons.

All trades had to be in by 2 p.m. ET.

A source said the Jazz would look to draft a point guard at No. 3, deciding between Illinois junior Deron Williams and Wake Forest sophomore Chris Paul.

The Blazers would then possibly draft one of two high school players -- Gerald Green or Martell Webster -- at No. 6.

"Our mission was to make optimum use of the third pick overall," Blazers president Steve Patterson said. "We were able to move down only three spots and gain two additional first-round picks. This trade will allow us to continue doing what we started last year, stockpiling young talent."

Patterson added the team was not necessarily finished talking to other teams about deals.

Utah had the third, 34th and 51st picks entering the draft. The Blazers also had the 35th overall selection.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Nope, no Giricek

The Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers traded picks Tuesday.

Portland traded the rights to the No. 3 pick to Utah for the rights to the No. 6 and No. 27 picks and the rights to a 2006 first-round pick that the Jazz got from the Detroit Pistons.

Interesting. They just announced on the radio a few minutes ago that the trade includes Patterson and Giricek.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Interesting. They just announced on the radio a few minutes ago that the trade includes Patterson and Giricek.

It wouldn't suprise me really. So much talk has been going on today about this/ or similiar trades, that maybe no one really knows all the details.

texbumTHElife
06-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Cant your trade only contain a max of 3 pieces each? They could have swapped Patterson and Giricek straight up in a seperate trade that was also a part of the same deal.

picnroll
06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Paul Allen must have some kind of fettish for teenage boys.

kolko
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/drafttrade_062805.html

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Make_Draft_Day_T-145536-41.html

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Paul Allen must have some kind of fettish for teenage boys.

and weed.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Someone should tell Myers and Cox that Patterson and Giricek weren't part of the deal. They kept saying "it's just been confirmed ..."

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
earlier in the day, before the deals were said and done,. theey were talking about trading patterson and giricek in the deal - to the point where the players were notified.
However , patterson esp. balked. But I don't think thats the only reason it didin't go thru that way.

By time deal was official it was draft picks only with the added pick for next year.

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Someone should tell Myers and Cox that Patterson and Giricek weren't part of the deal. They kept saying "it's just been confirmed ..."

:lmao !!
they're confirming soemthign thats 4 hours old on draft day!! _ like things don't change!! :lmao

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Someone should tell Cox to man up and recognize the Spurs title! :) That dude is a waste of skin.

tlongII
06-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Nope. Patterson and Giricek are not part of the deal. Just the picks.

Sense
06-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Utah benefited alot from this.....

They had no true PG since Arroyo left.... I never actually knew who was their PG after he left, too many people in the bench switching..

Portland aswell...they had too many of em.

Jdspur20
06-28-2005, 04:57 PM

oh, so instead of having one draft pick to give crack to now they have 2 :spin

jalbre6
06-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Utah benefited alot from this.....

They had no true PG since Arroyo left.... I never actually knew who was their PG after he left, too many people in the bench switching..

Portland aswell...they had too many of em.

I thought their PG was ex-Spur Howard Eisley.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I think the real question here is what are they smoking in Utah? Did the Blazers send the front office some magic brownies and then call them up looking for a deal?

"Sure, you can have all the picks you want if you can score me some pizza and chicken wings, dude. I've got a killer case of the munchies all of a sudden."

tempest186
06-28-2005, 05:04 PM
The Blazers may not be finished. Around various boards I have seen rumors that they are going to pick at #6 for the Lakers and then have the Lakers pick at #10 for them and trade some expiring contracts from LA for Paterson or somehting like that.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I thought their PG was ex-Spur Howard Eisley.

Actually Keith McLeod started at PG for them for a lot of the year. Their point guard situation is/was a mess.

Eisley played in 74 games, started 1 at the point.
McLeod played in 53 games, started 47 at the point.
Randy Livingston started 4.
Lopez started 5.
Arroyo started 16.

tlongII
06-28-2005, 05:09 PM
The Blazers may not be finished. Around various boards I have seen rumors that they are going to pick at #6 for the Lakers and then have the Lakers pick at #10 for them and trade some expiring contracts from LA for Paterson or somehting like that.

I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Blazers fans hate the Lakers with a passion. We would string up the GM if helped them in some way

tempest186
06-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info tlong. By the way, hell of a deal your boys got out of Utah, especially if the future 1 isn't lottery protected in the next few years.

tlongII
06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info tlong. By the way, hell of a deal your boys got out of Utah, especially if the future 1 isn't lottery protected in the next few years.

The future 1st round pick is Detroit's pick next year. I believe it is lottery protected, but that won't matter.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Utah must want to stay lottery bound. Why give up three first rounders if you're rebuilding like the Jazz are? Makes no sense unless they think picking at #3 will produce a franchise player this year.

slayermin
06-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Utah just picked Deron Williams.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
8:43 PM: Rumors are still swirling that Patterson will be traded to Utah for Giricek when the new CBA takes effect.