PDA

View Full Version : Nando De Colo is not a NBA player

will_spurs
11-30-2012, 12:03 AM
:lmao

superjames1992
11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
The step-in three-pointer in the fourth quarter was huge.

It was nice to see that he actually is capable of hitting jump shots. That was a positive. Too many turnovers, though. I feel that he tried to do too much at times, but that's just the nature of the beast when you have the Big Three out.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Great thread. Brings a lot to the forum.

Stabula
11-30-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope Pop chews him out something awful. Outside of Neal he played a huge role in losing the game in the final few minutes.

spurraider21
11-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Nando had his fair share of bonehead moments, but it could have been worse. Statistically speaking he had a solid game. Much like young TP, Nando doesn't have the ability to finish at the rim. Young Tony would still put up wild layups and miss them, Nando just elects to pass the shots up. I do like his ball handling though. Was getting solid penetration, and he played a pretty darn good defensive game.

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
His three pointers were pure flukes.

HI-FI
11-30-2012, 12:17 AM
How does Nando's speed and lateral quickness compare to other PGs? is it good enough to be great?
because I have a lot of confidence in his BBIQ and ball handling, and I think his shot will come in time, just curious on the measurables...

silverblk mystix
11-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Cory Joseph was a couple of notches below DeColo.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2012, 12:18 AM
His three pointers were pure flukes.
Really? Really? Guess you never watched this guy play overseas.

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
When you look at the roster, I don't believe there was any plan to play DeColo outside of garbage time this season. The injuries have opened up playing time and his development has advanced. Good for him and the Spurs.

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Really? Really? Guess you never watched this guy play overseas.

Yes. I saw him play for France, and he barely shot from the perimeter. He also had a three point percentage in the 20s, while playing for Valencia.

Manu-20
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
I think Nando can be a pretty good player for the spurs if he can improve his shot his passing and ballhandling are there already.

will_spurs
11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Great thread. Brings a lot to the forum.

Since you're so smart I thought I'd leave it as an exercise to you to fill in the blanks. Or maybe you can pay attention to the several discussions that have been going on here recently...

NDC has seized the opportunity that's been given to him, against the best team in the league, on national TV. And flukes or not, it looks like he can shoot after all. Expecting him and the rest of the bench to hold a lead against the MVP/champs, on the road, seems a bit unrealistic to me.

will_spurs
11-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Yes. I saw him play for France, and he barely shot from the perimeter. He also had a three point percentage in the 20s, while playing for Valencia.

Ok, you're KBP. Only one person on this forum claims to have watched all Euro games and likes to spin lies. NDC had several seasons shooting 40+ from three at Valencia, as I showed in the other thread. Now just STFU.

DesignatedT
11-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Missed the sarcasm. Gotcha. Hard to tell on here sometimes.

DPG21920
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
^ If you don't own a modern sarcasm machine

Spursfanfromafar
11-30-2012, 12:34 AM
IMO, Nando's great play today (and hopefully he builds upon it) makes it easy for the Spurs to clear the PG logjam and trade one of Patty Mills/ Cory Joseph to snag a defensive minded big from somewhere during the trading window (after the Dec 15th restrictions).

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Ok, you're KBP. Only one person on this forum claims to have watched all Euro games and likes to spin lies. NDC had several seasons shooting 40+ from three at Valencia, as I showed in the other thread. Now just STFU.
Against Euro scrub talent. On the international stage (the Olympics), he played like crap. Only De Colo fans could defend him from his poor Olympics performances.

freetiago
11-30-2012, 12:39 AM
this was pretty much de colos first full nba game
he did a good job to considering he had to guard a finals mvp and top SG in the league
and did a good job also setting up the offense
if he played with more aggressive players he would look better
diaw/de colo shouldnt be on the court together

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Against Euro scrub talent. On the international stage (the Olympics), he played like crap. Only De Colo fans could defend him from his poor Olympics performances.

:lol

Poster from Australia preferring to focus on the Olympics as a way to rate players.

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 12:49 AM
You must be a Mills fan thats pissed off because Colo is out playing him.

I am a Mills fan and I thought De Colo played great! What I'm arguing is that he isn't a three point shooter, as will_Spurs seems to think he is.

capek
11-30-2012, 12:51 AM

But he didn't have access to Chip back then. :)

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM

Poster from Australia preferring to focus on the Olympics as a way to rate players.

Why do you think guys like Rubio were drafted so highly even though they hadn't played a single minute in the states before being drafted? Rubio gained the attention of NBA scouts due to his great performances at the Olympics....

KaiRMD1
11-30-2012, 12:59 AM
I still have faith De Colo can come into his own. This season is mainly going to be him feeling out the atmosphere. If he does good, hurray, if not, it was expected.

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Why do you think guys like Rubio were drafted so highly even though they hadn't played a single minute in the states before being drafted? Rubio gained the attention of NBA scouts by his great performances at the Olympics....

:rollin

Rubio was on the radar of NBA scouts for years before the Olympics. His draftexpress page goes back to 2005:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/

We get it. You like Mills, but the NBA futures of DeColo and Mills will not be affected at all by their performances in London.

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 01:05 AM

Rubio was on the radar of NBA scouts for years before the Olympics. His draftexpress page goes back to 2005:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/

We get it. You like Mills, but the NBA futures of DeColo and Mills will not be affected at all by their performances in London.

And I never said it did. My comment was a response to another comment that said that De Colo could shoot. I simply used De Colo's play at London as an example of De Colo's 'shooting ability'.

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 01:08 AM
And I never said it did. My comment was a response to another comment that said that De Colo could shoot. I simply used De Colo's play at London as an example of De Colo's 'shooting ability'.

Why do you think guys like Rubio were drafted so highly even though they hadn't played a single minute in the states before being drafted? Rubio gained the attention of NBA scouts due to his great performances at the Olympics....

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 01:11 AM
...but the NBA futures of DeColo and Mills will not be affected at all by their performances in London.

And where in any of my comments did I discuss the NBA futures of DeColo, Mills or Rubio? :lol
A reading comprehension fail, perhaps?

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 01:17 AM
And where in any of my comments did I discuss the NBA futures of DeColo, Mills or Rubio? :lol
A reading comprehension fail, perhaps?

Backtrack all you like, your posts remain.

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Backtrack all you like, your posts remain.

I'll say it again. Where in any of my comments did I discuss the NBA futures of De Colo, Mills or Rubio? :rollin
Folks, we have ourselves a troll!

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll say it again. Where in any of my comments did I discuss the NBA futures of De Colo, Mills or Rubio? :rollin
Folks, we have ourselves a troll!

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Where someone is drafted isn't their 'NBA future'. Their 'NBA future' is determined by how they actually perform IN the NBA. The word 'future' means the period after something has happened, i.e. after they've been drafted to the NBA. So one's NBA future means how that person's NBA career plays out.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 01:35 AM
when he drop that fluke 3 in the final quarter, then the cameras went to spoelsta face...lol wtf is this fluke shit...

Mel_13
11-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Where someone is drafted isn't their 'NBA future'. Their 'NBA future' is determined by how they actually perform IN the NBA. The word 'future' means the period after something has happened, i.e. after they've been drafted to the NBA. So one's NBA future means how that person's NBA career plays out.

ok

SpursRock20
11-30-2012, 02:30 AM
De Colo is absolutely an NBA player. Did you not watch the game? His shooting leaves a lot to be desired and his decisions at the rim need help, but he showed some flashes of what's needed at the PG position. He got around his defender and penetrated well, he had a few very nice passes, and he hit big shots. He's not polished by any means, but as our 3rd string PG, he is an NBA player.

99 Problems
11-30-2012, 05:37 AM
People very critical of De Colo, Neal, Mills etc. They need take note that these guys playing against Kings of Miami today.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2012, 06:28 AM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/7/128968069463932973.jpg

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 06:49 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/7/128968069463932973.jpg

How have I dug myself a hole? As I've said, find one post where I comment on De Colo's or Mill's NBA futures? :rollinAnother troll....

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 06:54 AM
wtf do we want de colo to be, what is h is ceiling and trough?

atm his fkn crap then rookie beno, doghouse beno

he looks like brent barry from behind, even brent didnt have alot stupid turnover plays, more efficient shooting and better shot selection...

Raven
11-30-2012, 06:56 AM
How does Nando's speed and lateral quickness compare to other PGs? is it good enough to be great?
because I have a lot of confidence in his BBIQ and ball handling, and I think his shot will come in time, just curious on the measurables...

no, it is quite awful..

Boomersgold
11-30-2012, 06:56 AM
wtf do we want de colo to be, what is h is ceiling and trough?

atm his fkn crap then rookie beno, doghouse beno

he looks like brent barry from behind, even brent didnt have alot stupid turnover plays, more efficient shooting and better shot selection...

Brent Barry was awesome! A reliable three point threat who knew his role with the team.

Manufan909
11-30-2012, 07:04 AM
De Colo is absolutely an NBA player. Did you not watch the game? His shooting leaves a lot to be desired and his decisions at the rim need help, but he showed some flashes of what's needed at the PG position. He got around his defender and penetrated well, he had a few very nice passes, and he hit big shots. He's not polished by any means, but as our 3rd string PG, he is an NBA player.

Don't forget he defended TOSB-Wade pretty damn well.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 07:10 AM
no, it is quite awful..

but his size and length makes up for it when he learns how to play defense....if he can be more efficient with the ball handling and turn down with the stupid passes, better shooting efficiency, he could stick around in the league....but this guy had a couple of years in europe to develop his game, whether its lack of nba experience or adapting to the nba game b4 he hits his strides, he better make the best of the opportunities to prove pop he belongs on this team or else doghouse

Obstructed_View
11-30-2012, 07:16 AM
:lol souvlaki

Captivus
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
De Colo first "full" game was against the defending champion. I liked what a saw. FIRST GAME!!!
And he only get better. If he continues to improve and Pop lets him play, he can be a valuable asset to have for next season.

spurraider21
11-30-2012, 08:10 AM
If Parker can teach Nando the floater and he continues to work with Chip we'll have a player on our hands. i already love his handles. gets penetration all the time

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
de colo and diaw 2 fkn scrubs needs to shoot them layups every time they get into the lane then lookin at padding stupid assists, i take the 2 pts then a stupid turnover

spurraider21
11-30-2012, 08:29 AM
So he's not an NBA player, but he can put together a solid all around game against the best team in the NBA on the road in his first start of his NBA career while defending Dwyane Wade the majority of the time? Is he somebody I want playing 25 minutes per night? Not yet. But he's definitely a solid stash for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3Pa07OscQ

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2012, 08:41 AM
it helps when the 3 cheaters played down to the competition

Raven
11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
but his size and length makes up for it when he learns how to play defense....if he can be more efficient with the ball handling and turn down with the stupid passes, better shooting efficiency, he could stick around in the league....but this guy had a couple of years in europe to develop his game, whether its lack of nba experience or adapting to the nba game b4 he hits his strides, he better make the best of the opportunities to prove pop he belongs on this team or else doghouse

it simply means that he is a sg not a pg.. I've seen him countless times and he is really streaky when it comes to his shooting and his ball handling is very tournover prone, but he still is good in that he can really take over when is hot and with his passing he can make a team look better than it is.. my point is simply that he is a sg and should be treated as such because at pg it is a losing bet. Then again, i feel the same about Neal even if they are quite different.

will_spurs
12-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry guys, I can't put a thread title in blue but it was most definitely ironic...

De Colo is quite good at the stuff that can't be taught, and will improve when it comes to all the stuff that can be taught. All in all the important part is that he looks like a natural PG. Shooting will short itself out. Although it's impossible to compare them, Parker shot 42% during his rookie season, and look where he's at now.

Re: the Olympics, De Colo wasn't a key component of the French NT. And Spain manipulated the rankings to cockblock France in the QF. I don't think there's much to learn about that. Better watch the Miami game again, you'll learn more from it about what NDC can do in the NBA. It's not so common to have a breakout game against the standing MVP/Champs.

will_spurs
12-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Glad to read so many people have seen the light :hat

DrSteffo
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
De Colo is quite good at the stuff that can't be taught, and will improve when it comes to all the stuff that can be taught. All in all the important part is that he looks like a natural PG.

De Colo is not bad but to me he looks like a combo guard. He is a very good passer but he is not that quick. He plays more like Manu than Parker for sure.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2012, 03:15 PM
the last time we had a combo guard....we traded his ass...

spurraider21
12-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Nando has really put us on a wild ride this year. From having virtually no impact early in the season, to a guy that looked afraid to take uncontested layups, to a guy that some of us have fallen in love with. I'm on board the wagon

cd021
12-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Cory Joseph was a couple of notches below DeColo.

Joseph was solid ,good decision making, & defense. Da fuck you talking about?

milkyway21
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
he was awesome tonight 10pts, 8 rbs 6 assts 1 blk

silverblk mystix
12-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Joseph was solid ,good decision making, & defense. Da fuck you talking about?

Watch da fuckin' games

cd021
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I did, After Mills was chucking shots like he wouldn't see tommorow. CJ came in and ran the offense. He took care of the ball and made good decsions. His defense is excellent. He is quick and has active hands to create turnovers.

cd021
12-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Preach man preach. Apparently they want more from an international rookie playing 4th string. He's good and getting better quickly.

therealtruth
12-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I am surprised no one has mentioned Beno Udrih.

Boomersgold
12-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I did, After Mills was chucking shots like he wouldn't see tommorow. CJ came in and ran the offense. He took care of the ball and made good decsions. His defense is excellent. He is quick and has active hands to create turnovers.

Which game are you talking about? Against the Bobcats, Mills took 2 threes (and made 1) in the first half and didn't take another shot until about 6 minutes into the 4th. Also keep in mind that Mills is a scoring point guard, like Gary Neal, not a pass first point guard. CJ's still too raw to be in the NBA.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I'll tell you right now, Nando IS an NBA player and in 2 years you'll be surprised how good he is. He has lots of polishing to do, but the instincts and athletic ability are there, and he'll fill in the rest as he gains experience.

will_spurs
12-10-2012, 04:51 AM
I'll tell you right now, Nando IS an NBA player and in 2 years you'll be surprised how good he is. He has lots of polishing to do, but the instincts and athletic ability are there, and he'll fill in the rest as he gains experience.

You're about a month late but the Church of Nando appreciates the sentiment :)

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Which game are you talking about? Against the Bobcats, Mills took 2 threes (and made 1) in the first half and didn't take another shot until about 6 minutes into the 4th. Also keep in mind that Mills is a scoring point guard, like Gary Neal, not a pass first point guard. CJ's still too raw to be in the NBA.

Mills is a small shooting guard.

Boomersgold
12-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Mills is a small shooting guard.

So are Neal, Westbrook and Rose, but they all play point guard anyway. When Jacks and Kawhi get back, Neal will most probably revert to his backup point guard spot.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
So are Neal, Westbrook and Rose, but they all play point guard anyway. When Jacks and Kawhi get back, Neal will most probably revert to his backup point guard spot.

Neal is a much bigger shooting guard than Mills, although still undersized. Westbrook and Rose are both scoring PGs.

You're right about Neal probably reverting to the backup PG role once Leonard and Jack return. De Colo, however, will be a viable threat to take that gig from Neal. Mills won't.

Boomersgold
12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Neal is a much bigger shooting guard than Mills, although still undersized. Westbrook and Rose are both scoring PGs.

You're right about Neal probably reverting to the backup PG role once Leonard and Jack return. De Colo, however, will be a viable threat to take that gig from Neal. Mills won't.

Isn't a scoring point guard the same as an undersized shooting guard?

EDIT: What I mean by this is that an undersized scoring guard is essentially the same type of player as a shoot-first point guard but is playing out of position (and vice versa).

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-10-2012, 05:59 AM

Not sure if serious.:rolleyes

will_spurs
12-10-2012, 06:00 AM

There's a fundamental difference because the point guard has the ballhandling duties, setting pace, bringing the ball up the court, etc. This is the issue with Neal vs De Colo, because Nando is obviously a lot better than Gary at this.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 06:02 AM

Not as I see it, but it's a subjective judgement. It's been debated here on many occasions with respect to Parker.

Boomersgold
12-10-2012, 06:25 AM
There's a fundamental difference because the point guard has the ballhandling duties, setting pace, bringing the ball up the court, etc. This is the issue with Neal vs De Colo, because Nando is obviously a lot better than Gary at this.

The shooting guard may bring up the ball as well, but it's the point guard that runs the plays. We've seen Patty taking up the ball before, even when he's on the court with De Colo.

will_spurs
12-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Patty is more of a PG then Neal in any case. In the starting unit you will see guys systematically looking for Parker before even thinking of doing anything else. Notable exceptions include Manu and sometimes Diaw -- I say notable because it's indeed a surprise when it happens.

In the case of De Colo vs Neal, what it implies is that Neal is actually much more redondant with Manu than with De Colo, and in a way is usurping De Colo's spot (or whoever the real backup PG is) because either Pop wants more offense or recognizes that Neal has more experience. If De Colo starts shooting better or keeps showing the kind of poise he displayed recently, this could become tough for Neal. This is probably going to affect Neal's decision a lot in the FA market come summer.

And let's not forget that Neal is the backup PG in name only if Manu is on the court, for good or bad.

jermaine
12-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I think he's a real pg. Neal cant even come close, but in the same breath you have to loom at ghis 2012 nba. Vahun an A. Johnson was great pgs for us also. You need a scoring pg in this new Nba an De Colo aint that. His bbiq is off the charts. Only other pgs in the league that aint scoring pg first Rondo, Kidd, Kirk Hinrick etc have good defense also. De Colo, im not to sure about. Spurs dont play him enough for me to see. But maybe they sign him cuz they know they will lose Neal soon. Hummmmmmm!

DanAu
12-10-2012, 08:26 AM
As much as I love Patty, Neal is a much more solid shooter, and gets the nod for SG before Mills, De Colo is a MUCH better PG than Mills, gets the nod for backup PG. Mills will be a situational player, if they need speed, or have a specific use for him, then he's be put in for 5 mins or so to run someone around.

IF Neal were to be traded, then Patty would get a big minute increase, if not, he'll be a regular season 5-10 minute/blowout/B2B contributor unless Neal, Parker or De Colo are injured.

cd021
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM

The Miami game. I like Mills but when when the big 3's away he'll shoot away. He is great in about 5 minute spurts. Mill and Neal are scoring guards but Neal is clearly better at it than Mills. That being said, Mills has better handles and can create a little better. CJ is an NBA player granted right now maybe a 3rd string. With Kawhi & Sjax injured and Neal playing starting 2 guard there is more PG time to go around. CJ has solid handles plays good D and has improved his shooting.

superjames1992
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Great game tonight by Nando. He's also a hell of a rebounder for a point guard.

ducks
12-15-2012, 10:50 PM
dude could be the real dude

FkLA
12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Not gonna lie De Colo is growing on me. He definitely has some nice vision out there.

Still has room for improvement though. Theres still spurts where hes tentative and passive out there, but that has gone down considerably since the season started so hopefully its only a matter of time before that goes away. Maybe once that happens we can see how good of a finisher he is around the rim and really gauge what kind of player he really is. Right now he basically always passes after penetrating unless the rim is wide open.

hater
12-15-2012, 10:55 PM
officially an NBA player

Paranoid Pop
12-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Since he has been able to get his shot going he has been a clear positive, I think he's a better defender than Green also.

HI-FI
12-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I've always liked his game. sure he isn't super athletic but I'll take great court vision and real high BBIQ any day over athleticism. it feels good that we have him in the back pocket right now.

ace3g
12-15-2012, 11:24 PM
sa2ny2004 ‏@sa2ny2004 (https://twitter.com/sa2ny2004) #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs&src=hash) Popovich on De Colo "He's really gaining confidence and doing a good job for us."

sa2ny2004 ‏@sa2ny2004 (https://twitter.com/sa2ny2004)
More from #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs&src=hash) Popovich on De Colo: "Nando is a really intelligent player"

Malik Hairston
12-15-2012, 11:49 PM
His passing ability is phenomenal, tbh, he makes difficult passes look routine..

The increase in confidence is evident, and it appears that he's beginning to understand the nuances of the NBA game..

His chemistry with Splitter is very encouraging, too..

lefty
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
will_spurs being shitted on, as usual

will_spurs
12-16-2012, 11:09 AM
will_spurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16090) being shitted on, as usual

I can understand a gnsf missing the irony in this thread, but coming from you I'm disappointed.

Paranoid Pop
12-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I think he may be a better fit at SG in a Manu-like role with this team.

Raven
12-16-2012, 12:10 PM

couldn't agree more.

Manufan909
12-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Personally, I want the Spurs guard rotation to look like this:

PG- Tony/Nando/Cory
SG- Green/Manu/Neal/Mills

I really wish CoJo and Patty had a chance to be higher on the depth chart, but outside of garbage time I don't see that happening.

Boomersgold
12-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Personally, I want the Spurs guard rotation to look like this:

PG- Tony/Nando/Cory
SG- Green/Manu/Neal/Mills

I really wish CoJo and Patty had a chance to be higher on the depth chart, but outside of garbage time I don't see that happening.

So you're saying that Pop's going to make Neal a third string shooting guard? :lmao

Manufan909
12-16-2012, 02:25 PM
So you're saying that Pop's going to make Neal a third string shooting guard? :lmao

I'm saying what I want you idiot, not what is going to happen.

exstatic
12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Two words: Chip Englland

He turned Kawhi from a 20 something percent NCAA shooter from the shorter line into a high 30s NBA shooter. He's the Shot Whisperer.

HI-FI
12-16-2012, 05:22 PM

He turned Kawhi from a 20 something percent NCAA shooter from the shorter line into a high 30s NBA shooter. He's the Shot Whisperer.
That does remind me of a recent Pop quote where he said he likes players who can do certain things very very well, but who can't do everything well. With Nando that is obviously passing which he can do subconsciously, and with Kawhi that would be defense and rebounding.

I understand what Pop is saying, especially since we rarely draft high, but I wonder if it's because we haven't had a superstar fall in our lap in forever, or if he feels most superstars aren't as coachable.

maverick1948
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM

While you are laughing at the post, answer a couple of simple questions. With Kawhi and SJax back, where do you move Danny Green? With Green back at SG, where do you put Neal? De Colo is fast giving Pop a GOOD problem. He is able to play 3 positions for us off the bench, PG, SG and in emergency like now, SF. After the last few games, Gary Neal has raised his stock considerable as has De Colo. Glad it is Pop's problem and not mine. :toast

Russ
12-17-2012, 08:56 PM
In my simple mind there are three catagories of players.

1. Those who can't play

2. Those who can play when it doesn't matter, and

3. Those who play and play when it matters.

DeColo is starting to edge up into that third catagory (no small feat because in my mind even mainstays like Danny Green still haven't).

tim_duncan_fan
12-17-2012, 10:25 PM
De Colo just may have what can only be described as "moxie."

Dr. Robert Lee
12-17-2012, 10:27 PM
If Neal retains the backup PG position after Manu and Leonard return, I'm going to have to pay Pop a visit.

BillMc
12-17-2012, 10:28 PM

This.

racm
12-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Nando's pretty dandy and all (and is the only other guy who can create for others with Manu out)

Russ
12-17-2012, 10:32 PM
If Neal retains the backup PG position after Manu and Leonard return, I'm going to have to pay Pop a visit.

Spurs need to get both Neal and DeColo playing time. They have plenty of guards who can't play, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Boomersgold
12-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Well, then they better trade Neal then if he doesn't have a role on the team.

superjames1992
02-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Good game by Nando tonight...