PDA

View Full Version : Barkley Quotes from the Playoffs & Finals

Alamode
06-28-2005, 03:01 PM
You've probably seen these before but it's always fun to relive some classic Barkley quotes. Whether you love him or hate him he's still more entertaining than 3/4 of the announcing teams IMO. If I could only catch more than 1/2 of what he says............

"Isiah Thomas is building a championship team... too bad it's in San Antonio."
Charles Barkley on the Nazr Mohammed deal.

Ernie: "We're on our way to Detroit, aren't we?"
Barkley: "Damn, I gotta get my bulletproof vest."

"I thought it was very weird the way Tony Parker came in today. He was very casual, hugging on his girlfriend a little bit. First of all, the Spurs are not the defending champions. You don't wear an old shirt from two years ago I might add."

Ernie was talking about Ray Allen's complaints of Bruce Bowen.
Charles: It's called defense, Ernie. I wouldn't know anything about it, personally. But I've heard it through the grapevine.

Okay unrelated to the Spurs but darn funny:

On the Lakers chances to make the playoffs: "I think the six, seven, eight, nine, and 10 seeds in the West are going to fluctuate a lot in the last couple months, but you can go ahead and plan your vacation after the regular season if you are associated with the Lakers."

Letter from Charles Barkley to Bill Laimbeer, I think in 1989:
Dear Bill,
Fuck You.
Charles

Any other gems?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
At halftime of a celtics game

"Larry Bird must be rolling over in his grave"

SWC Bonfire
06-28-2005, 03:06 PM
At halftime of a celtics game

"Larry Bird must be rolling over in his grave"

Now THAT'S funny! They should have gotten LB to come on and make jokes about how big a hole they were going to have to dig for Chucky's grave. :lol

TMTTRIO
06-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Ginooooooooooobili. He's a bad boy :lol

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 03:16 PM
You've probably seen these before but it's always fun to relive some classic Barkley quotes. Whether you love him or hate him he's still more entertaining than 3/4 of the announcing teams IMO. If I could only catch more than 1/2 of what he says............

"Isiah Thomas is building a championship team... too bad it's in San Antonio."
Charles Barkley on the Nazr Mohammed deal.

Ernie: "We're on our way to Detroit, aren't we?"
Barkley: "Damn, I gotta get my bulletproof vest."

"I thought it was very weird the way Tony Parker came in today. He was very casual, hugging on his girlfriend a little bit. First of all, the Spurs are not the defending champions. You don't wear an old shirt from two years ago I might add."

Ernie was talking about Ray Allen's complaints of Bruce Bowen.
Charles: It's called defense, Ernie. I wouldn't know anything about it, personally. But I've heard it through the grapevine.

Okay unrelated to the Spurs but darn funny:

On the Lakers chances to make the playoffs: "I think the six, seven, eight, nine, and 10 seeds in the West are going to fluctuate a lot in the last couple months, but you can go ahead and plan your vacation after the regular season if you are associated with the Lakers."

Letter from Charles Barkley to Bill Laimbeer, I think in 1989:
Dear Bill,
Fuck You.
Charles

Any other gems?
hahaha I love Charles Barkley but only if he could speak correctly and pronounce names right then he would be bad ass. Funny guy though and for sure a Manu Ginobili/Spurs fan.

theinstitute
06-28-2005, 03:27 PM
How about the time he claimed he was misquoted in his own book. Classic!

BillsCarnage
06-28-2005, 05:20 PM
One of my favorites:
After Kenny Smith expressed surprised at Barkley's ability to pronounce Suns guard Leandro Barbosa's name, Charles replied: "I'm bilingual. I speak profanity and English."

http://www.clintcam.com/barkley/

Just google "barkley quotes" and you'll find loads of them.

jochhejaam
06-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Commenting after the Ron Artest, Stephon Jackson, Jermaine O'neal brawl in Detroit:

"Anytime a fan touches you, you have the right to beat the hell out of him!"

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~swwebb/coolstuff/jokes/barkley.htm

nbascribe
06-28-2005, 05:29 PM
lol...now that's just funny stuf!! lol

Brutalis
06-28-2005, 05:33 PM
hahaha I love Charles Barkley but only if he could speak correctly and pronounce names right then he would be bad ass. Funny guy though and for sure a Manu Ginobili/Spurs fan.

He is from the southeast. Like me. We talk fine. :spin