PDA

View Full Version : Manu's response to rest

TMTTRIO
12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1532394-me-sorprendio-un-poco-el-revuelo-que-se-armo

Interesting stuff in his column and interesting that he said that Pop asked Manu if he wanted to sit out the Washington game instead.

SAN ANTONIO. - I was a little surprised the commotion that ensued, it is not the first time we do this to rest (http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1531955-popovich-cuido-cuatro-titulares-y-la-nba-estudia-represalias) when we have so much work.As do other competitors. We know that no team begins fully fit, but for us it was particularly unusual November 1. We are the most games in this case we dispute and we played four games in five nights away from home. In my case, particularly, Pop had asked me if I wanted to rest on Monday in Washington, but I said I preferred to try how I felt with two straight, so I put off the rest until Miami.
It's something that always happens. The coach wants to go dosing forces. Tim is 36, I 35. We were going to stop and took advantage to rest together with Tony and Danny Green. Pop always takes us a little, is very cautious and more with those who went to the Olympics. It was that simple, why did.

timvp
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
So Manu caused the $250,000 fine? If he would have followed Pop's plan and sat against the Wizards so he could play against the Heat, Stern wouldn't have said anything.

:stirpot:

polandprzem
12-01-2012, 01:53 PM
:pctoss

Holt should sent Manu that frickin bill !

:cuss

Libri
12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Substantial Sanctionobili

Ok it doesn't quite work. :lol

spurs1990
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
ironically, sitting those Spurs players against Washington would have been more detrimental.

Literally the only appealing aspect of the Wiz game was seeing the Spurs and their efficiency, not to mention the large contingent of Spurs fans in attendance.

The Heats on the other hand are abound with glamor boys. Who the hell should care what opponent they play.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2012, 07:17 PM
ironically, sitting those Spurs players against Washington would have been more detrimental.

Literally the only appealing aspect of the Wiz game was seeing the Spurs and their efficiency, not to mention the large contingent of Spurs fans in attendance.

The Heats on the other hand are abound with glamor boys. Who the hell should care what opponent they play.

Great point. It hurts the NBA a lot more to rest for a crappy team who could really use the draw than doing it against a team who sold out every game the day ticket sales started.

manustarting2gd
12-01-2012, 08:01 PM
So Manu caused the $250,000 fine? If he would have followed Pop's plan and sat against the Wizards so he could play against the Heat, Stern wouldn't have said anything.

:stirpot:

Watch it marinate.. lol.

Hoops Czar
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, I give Ginobili a lot of credit. Not too many players would stand there straight faced to the media and acknowledge they'd rather play against a scrub team like Washington than a powerhouse in Miami. Most players want that extra challenge and I always thought Gino was one of those players. Or it could be that he's lying through his teeth to protect Pop. I find it hard to believe that all four players in unison chose to skip the the Heat game instead of the Wizards one.

Kidd K
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Great point. It hurts the NBA a lot more to rest for a crappy team who could really use the draw than doing it against a team who sold out every game the day ticket sales started.

I completely agree. But that's the irony here. . .Stern wouldn't have fined shit if the Spurs sat the same people at Washington the night before and played Miami.

He's asshurt because he didn't get the "real" Spurs loss at Miami he was hoping for. He wanted to showcase the Heat against a team he doesn't care about, and didn't get the chance. Instead he's just sitting there with egg on his face and making people wonder why he's still commisioner.

therealtruth
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I completely agree. But that's the irony here. . .Stern wouldn't have fined shit if the Spurs sat the same people at Washington the night before and played Miami.

He's asshurt because he didn't get the "real" Spurs loss at Miami he was hoping for. He wanted to showcase the Heat against a team he doesn't care about, and didn't get the chance. Instead he's just sitting there with egg on his face and making people wonder why he's still commisioner.

Stern likes the Heat so much he fined Arison 500K and he supported the new CBA provisions which will make it harder for them to keep their big 3 together.