PDA

View Full Version : OT: I'm done with the NBA

ElNono
12-01-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't have to tell you things are bad everbody knows things are bad it's a conspiracy against us, everbodys out showcasing mokeyball, the fundamentals are being forgotten, couple dollars can't even get you a beer at games, teams are tanking for picks, guns are entering the lockeroom, Punk commissioner are running wild with power and there's nobody anywere who seems to know what to do and there's no end to it.

We know some games are rigged, and some teams are favored, and we sit watching our tvs while some jackass commissioner tells us today which star players have to play, or which coachs team will be fined 250K for coaching his team as if that's the way it's suppose to be, we know things are bad worse than bad there crazy it's like everything everywere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore and instead complain on online forums, and slowly the game we love is being taken from us and all we say is please don't pay the fine leave our team alone, let us have our basketball, let a coach do his job, let him decided what players should play and we won't say anything just leave us alone well im not going to leave you alone I WANT YOU TO GET MAD.

I don't want you to protest I don't want you to ride, I dont want you to write to the NBA becuase I wouldn't know what to tell you to write I don't know what to do about the monkeyball showcasing, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams all I know is that first you got to get mad you got to say im a SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN GOD DAMIT MY VOICE HAS VAULE, so I want you to get up now I want all of you to get up out of your chairs I want you to get up right now and go to the window open it and stick you head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE I want you to get up right now get up go to your windows open them and stick your head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE but first you got to GET MAD YOU GOT TO SAY IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE then will figure out what to do about the monkeyball, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams, but first get out of your chairs open the window stick your head out and yell and say IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!:ihit

P.S.
FUCK U STERN

Spurs9
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I just yelled out IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!! a couple of times. I think the neighbors just called the cops.

purplengold
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
that movie was Aiight

irishock
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
goodbye friend

JamStone
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
In the words of Motley Crue: Girl, don't go away mad. Girl, just go away.

jeebus
12-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't have to tell you things are bad everbody knows things are bad it's a conspiracy against us, everbodys out showcasing mokeyball, the fundamentals are being forgotten, couple dollars can't even get you a beer at games, teams are tanking for picks, guns are entering the lockeroom, Punk commissioner are running wild with power and there's nobody anywere who seems to know what to do and there's no end to it.

We know some games are rigged, and some teams are favored, and we sit watching our tvs while some jackass commissioner tells us today which star players have to play, or which coachs team will be fined 250K for coaching his team as if that's the way it's suppose to be, we know things are bad worse than bad there crazy it's like everything everywere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore and instead complain on online forums, and slowly the game we love is being taken from us and all we say is please don't pay the fine leave our team alone, let us have our basketball, let a coach do his job, let him decided what players should play and we won't say anything just leave us alone well im not going to leave you alone I WANT YOU TO GET MAD.

I don't want you to protest I don't want you to ride, I dont want you to write to the NBA becuase I wouldn't know what to tell you to write I don't know what to do about the monkeyball showcasing, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams all I know is that first you got to get mad you got to say im a SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN GOD DAMIT MY VOICE HAS VAULE, so I want you to get up now I want all of you to get up out of your chairs I want you to get up right now and go to the window open it and stick you head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE I want you to get up right now get up go to your windows open them and stick your head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE but first you got to GET MAD YOU GOT TO SAY IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE then will figure out what to do about the monkeyball, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams, but first get out of your chairs open the window stick your head out and yell and say IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!:ihit

P.S.
FUCK U STERN
ElNono dropping truth nukes

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM

P.S.
FUCK U STERN

David Stern should be considered as maybe the greatest commissioner of all, all things considered

We often measure power in short increments — such as four- or eight-year political terms — but think about this: By February of 2014, when he will officially step down, David Stern will have held his office for 30 years. That’s longer than Pete Rozelle ran the NFL. Longer than Kenesaw Mountain Landis ran baseball.

And in all that time, Stern shaped the NBA not for a decade or even a generation, but — very likely — for the rest of its history. Because when you talk about the evolution of this league, the story of the NBA is inseparable from the story of David Stern — from the dawn of the Bird-Magic Era, when the game became the most enthralling drama on pre-cable TV, to the digital formats we use to watch LeBron James in the 21st century.

Sure, there are historical and cultural forces that affect all businesses, and Stern was subject to most of them. But some CEOs find a way to ride the crest of these forces, and bend them in a direction all their own. Stern was that kind of commissioner, because the scope of his vision and intellect demanded that it be done.

With his square spectacles, silver tongue and helmet of silver hair, he radiated the wisdom and charisma of an upright steward of a complex business, familiar with all the world’s enigmas and trends.

And now that he sees the finish line — years after some detractors wished he had marked it on his personal horizon — you wonder whether anyone can be objective about what he’s done to a league that is barely recognizable from what it was just 10 years ago.
Because in the end, Stern should be remembered as a guy who took a league teetering on irrelevance and turned it into a global phenomenon, absorbing darts and dodging spitballs every step of the way.

No, we can’t disown some things written here in the past. There were times when he would mask his hypocrisy with sneering condescension, and it ticked us off. But if we’re being completely honest, our disdain for the way he marginalized the print media over the last 20 years was, to some extent, an example of what psychologists call a self-serving bias.

The fact is, he saw the future of media, just as he saw the future of almost everything else. He took over the NBA at a time when business analysis and sports were not terms you heard in the same conversation. In a short time, he became one of the founding fathers of sports marketing.

And while he wasn’t always easy to get along with (you never met a guy more eager to pounce on a fuzzy assumption or murky reporter language) he always elevated the dialogue when it came to issues like race relations and gay rights.

Indeed, we always thought that should be Stern’s gold star: Other than making obscene gobs of money for his owners and protecting their capital appreciation, his chief aim was for social responsibility to be his league’s hallmark. It may never be what he had once hoped. But we never doubted the sincerity of his effort.

The game was always good enough, but sometimes he didn’t seem to get it.
We’ll always remember June of 2005, when the gears were nearly stripped clean. It was around that time when Jeff Van Gundy implied that the refs were corrupt, a congressional panel said the Malice of Auburn Hills was a result of ’Roid Rage, labor talks had crashed, and Larry Brown was pursuing a job while he was coaching in the NBA Finals.

So Stern gave us bread and circuses: Before Game 1 of that Pistons-Spurs Final, his league delayed tipoff until 8:30 C.S.T so that ABC viewers could watch some Will Smith dance routine. The game ended after midnight in the East, where someone named Pat Riley asserted, “This set our league back a decade.”

Ironically, that series was superb, yet ratings bottomed out. It was so bad, Stern played the last bizarro card he had left, hiring Matthew Dowd — yes, the guy who framed neocon imperatives for the Karl Rove White House by identifying voters’ “anger points” — to help sell this largely black product to red state America.

Stern had always mocked the media for treating his league as though it was in daily peril, but this was a sign that even he thought the league had lost its way. Worst, the administrator who ran it looked helpless, handing out fines and suspensions (and more fines and suspensions) while his league was defined by an off-his-meds Ron Artest or by Tim Donaghy. By recalcitrant teenagers and vile owners and agent coups. By guns and egos and greed and all forms of manic behavior.

And sometimes he just never allowed this game *— the only one that has a genuine soul — to speak for itself.
Still, the league always came back, and as David Stern opens his 29th season as commissioner, it is more popular than ever. That’s why his successor, Adam Silver, turned to him Thursday and issued this proclamation: “You’ll be remembered as the best of all time.”

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, rankings aren’t our thing. We just hope that history’s arbiters, who have bashed Stern’s legacy to pieces these last few years, will at least consider it.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2012/10/all_things_considered_david_st.html

Monostradamus
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
people in new jersey are just thankful he spared them the pain of watching the Nets.

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2012, 02:13 PM
stolen goods are still good tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
New Jersey sportswriter slurps prominent Rutgers alum

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2012/10/all_things_considered_david_st.html
fify

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
fify

If you can show me something like this for the Clippers I will concede their greatness :lol you small potatoes dawg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yiQmDDMKc

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 03:32 PM
If you can show me something like this for the Clippers I will concede their greatness :lol you small potatoes dawg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yiQmDDMKc
You're going to have to embed that, tbh...

Reck
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Avante like post. lol

Proxy
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-01-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol who wrote that?

ElNono
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206138

Latarian Milton
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
so where's the original post? link?

Manu-20
12-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Didn't realize my post made it's way to the NBA forum but poster going to post I guess.