PDA

View Full Version : The PAC-12 is finally starting to grow a pair, sons...

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 04:20 PM

DMX7
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Wow, Boise State has no business in that conference. If he had real balls, he'd invite Texas and let it keep LHN.

JMarkJohns
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
San Diego State and UNLV make sense for athletics, but realistically every quality D1 school in the west is already in the Pac12. They need to go East into Texas for the schools for best expansion. I'd take Texas, Tech, Rice and probably Houston before Boise and SDSU. Maybe not Houston over SDSU...

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
UNLV, Rice, and Houston aren't even worth mentioning because they're garbage at the only college sport that really matters, football....

Tbh, could it be that the reason they're looking at BSU and SDSU is that the Big 12 is going to add FSU and Clemson, thereby making the Texas and Oklahoma schools satisfied?

JMarkJohns
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Pac-12 has other stipulations beyond football supremacy. They need to be non-religious, and need to be a research-1 level academic institution. I doubt Boise qualifies as the latter.

And San Diego State has as much potential in the right conference as Boise has of sustaining this once CP is gone.

Pelicans78
12-01-2012, 08:43 PM
To be fair, Boise should prove that they can win the Mountain West outright before being allowed to go to a BCS conference.

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 08:47 PM
To be fair, Boise should prove that they can win the Mountain West outright before being allowed to go to a BCS conference.

man what you mean? when you have to play powerhouses like San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada, Wyoming, and Air Force year in and year out ... you're legit.

Pelicans78
12-01-2012, 08:48 PM
man what you mean? when you have to play powerhouses like San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada, Wyoming, and Air Force year in and year out ... you're legit.

True dat. No wonder they're not able to dominate like they did in the WHACK conference.

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Son, what happened to your LaTech Bulldogs? I thought they were gonna be better than LSU? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:27 PM

And when you play on a blue field with jerseys that match the color of the field. That's something you see legit teams do all the time that doesn't scream gimmick at all.

Jeff Van Gundy
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
If the PAC-12 had to add two college football teams, they should add SDSU and Fresno St. tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I'd rather them just keep things where they're at as oppose to adding two more shitty teams. Quite frankly the Pac-10 where everyone played everyone was much better than the Pac-12 that added two doormats that don't do shit to improve the conference's prestige.

coyotes_geek
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
The only expansion option that makes any sense for the Pac would be adding Texas and it's tag-alongs.

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Damn, the haters are salty as fuck right now... :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
The only expansion option that makes any sense for the Pac would be adding Texas and it's tag-alongs.

Pretty much, and OU would have to be one of the tag-alongs. Getting UT under the stipulation we'd also have to take Tech, Baylor and TCU isn't worth it imo. Getting UT, Tech, OU and OK-State is still the only expansion they should consider. The reason I say Tech is because Lubbock makes a lot more geographic sense for the Pac-12 than either Waco or DFW.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:50 PM
:cryWhy doesn't the Pac-12 wike me:cry

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Clipper Nation AKA overnight fan of the following teams -

- Los Angeles Clippers

- Los Angeles Kings (how convenient you like everyone else in Cali never spoke of them until they won the cup :lol)

- Boise State (where did this one come from son? at least jump on the USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Oregon bandwagon to stay consistent to your area of teams)

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Tbh, judging from what Larry Scott says, the PAC-12 does :cry wike us :cry :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:54 PM
So a potato eating fatass BSU homer tweeted that Larry Scott said he'd keep an eye on BSU supposedly means a great deal.

Keep telling yourself that :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Btw, what is your connection to BSU? Did you go there?

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
So a potato eating fatass BSU homer tweeted that Larry Scott said he'd keep an eye on BSU supposedly means a great deal.

Keep telling yourself that :lol

:rollin

Jeff Van Gundy
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to kick teams out of your conference? :lol

BRHornet45
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to kick teams out of your conference? :lol

son I've been preaching to kick the Mississippi schools out of the SEC for years now as they are usually both absolutely pathetic. Vandy too in past years, but the SEC needs Vandy in the conference to keep grade point averages up.

JMarkJohns
12-02-2012, 01:39 AM
The PAC will never take Baylor or TCU for the same reasons they turned down BYU... They do not want religious, non-research-1 institutions. NAU has a better shot than either of them.

I agree about expansion... Texas and its scrub tag alongside and Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and maybe Kansas ultimately.

Blake
12-02-2012, 02:14 AM
I'd take Texas, Tech, Rice and probably Houston before Boise and SDSU. Maybe not Houston over SDSU...

lmao Rice.

Every other Pac fan with common sense would fling their shit at Larry Scott if he were to even utter the word rice.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 08:32 AM
lmao Rice.

Every other Pac fan with common sense would fling their shit at Larry Scott if he were to even utter the word rice.

I'd take Rice over Boise State. The Houston TV market and Rice's academics alone offer more than Boise State does.

MannyIsGod
12-07-2012, 07:21 PM
San Diego State and UNLV make sense for athletics, but realistically every quality D1 school in the west is already in the Pac12. They need to go East into Texas for the schools for best expansion. I'd take Texas, Tech, Rice and probably Houston before Boise and SDSU. Maybe not Houston over SDSU...

No clue how anyone could rank UNLV above Boise State for all athletics.

tlongII
12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
We need Texas and Oklahoma. But Texas has to agree to be an equal partner. Doubt that happens.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2012, 10:38 PM
No clue how anyone could rank UNLV above Boise State for all athletics.

Because Boise is a non-academic, athletic blip at the end of a fluke run with no market, no real likelihood of sustaining elite football, no significant offerings in other main sports, where UNLV, at the very least, has Masters programs, a decently large market in a sports-obsessed city, with multiple athletic programs worth a damn and no reason they can't get better with Pac12 money, exposure, and promotion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-07-2012, 10:51 PM
:lol once MBTF gets fired by Texas and they throw more money at Peterson than the entire state of Idaho is worth, BSU football will fade into irrelevancy almost instantaneously.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM
The way I see it, I Miami can't sustain success, there's no chance Boise can.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Because Boise is a non-academic, athletic blip at the end of a fluke run with no market, no real likelihood of sustaining elite football, no significant offerings in other main sports, where UNLV, at the very least, has Masters programs, a decently large market in a sports-obsessed city, with multiple athletic programs worth a damn and no reason they can't get better with Pac12 money, exposure, and promotion.

Masters programs are athletics? Market size is athletics? Interesting. :lol @UNLV having more than one program worth a damn though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Market size is totally athletics related. The Pac isn't gonna add schools that don't bring in new TV markets.

JMarkJohns
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Pac12 has two general stipulations for expansion. No religious-affiliated schools and all schools must be a research 1 academic institute with both Masters and Doctoral programs being offered and certain specific academic membership had.

UNLV is a stretch on the latter, same with SDSU, but both are far closer than Boise.

And you fail to even acknowledge market saturation/penetration and program sustainability.

With each regions market and talent pool, there is literally no reason UNLV and SDSU can't both sustain quality programs in football, basketball, and baseball with Pac12 money, exposure, and promotion.

Pelicans78
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Market size is totally athletics related. The Pac isn't gonna add schools that don't bring in new TV markets.

I agree. Adding Boise doesn't benefit the Pac, but instead just benefits Boise.

Vito Corleone
12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Why would any conference want Texas and Oklahoma knowing that every time either is on TV the money goes to the Big 12. That is what happens when you sign over your media rights to the conference.

Edward
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow, Boise State has no business in that conference. If he had real balls, he'd invite Texas and let it keep LHN.
It'd take balls to invite a team but let the team keep all the additional revenue it would have otherwise brought to the conference. Great idea, keep telling yourself that.

The only way UT ever joins the pac is if it gives up its LHN and agrees to be a team player. Otherwise, it'll stay in the B12 with nothing but teams that are willing to be UT jizz rags.

Beaverfuzz
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM

Until Boise drops it's trucking program, they won't even sniff the Pac-12. Idaho has a bigger chance of joining the Pac-12 than Boise does.

Beaverfuzz
12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
It'd take balls to invite a team but let the team keep all the additional revenue it would have otherwise brought to the conference. Great idea, keep telling yourself that.

The only way UT ever joins the pac is if it gives up its LHN and agrees to be a team player. Otherwise, it'll stay in the B12 with nothing but teams that are willing to be UT jizz rags.

Ironic posting from a Domer fan.

Beaverfuzz
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM

And truckers have to truck, what was your point again?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Until Boise drops it's trucking program, they won't even sniff the Pac-12. Idaho has a bigger chance of joining the Pac-12 than Boise does.
:lol what is their trucking program?