PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Mark Cuban supports the NBA's decision to fine Spurs

irishock
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8699650/dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-ok-san-antonio-spurs-fine-higher

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1339/57/1339579849737.gif

DMC
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Doesn't Cuban own a broadcasting network? Protecting his own. Didn't he sit Dirk all year though?

hater
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
bitter ugly troll

Slutter McGee
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
yeah. read the article. not that bad.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Reck
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
"The amount at stake is enourmous?"

What stake is that Cuban? GTFO

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Mark-Cuban-disbelief.gif

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Cuban just trying to remain relevant now that, thanks to him, the Mavs are shit

lefty
12-01-2012, 11:29 PM
:lol Cuban trying to be friend with Stern

LkrFan
12-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Cuban is right. :stirpot:

lefty
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Cuban is afraid of Stern, unlike Pop :lol
Ball-less sore loser :lol

Venti Quattro
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Mark-Cuban-disbelief.gif

crofl wasn't this Cubes' reaction after Devin Harris put on a show against Dallas after they dealt him to Jersey?

Clipper Nation
12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
:cry "I'm sorry I said all those mean things about your refs, David... let me make up for it by fellating you for that bullshit fine" :cry

JRHernandez88
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
:jack

LkrFan
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Cuban is afraid of Stern, unlike Pop :lol
Ball-less sore loser :lol
You must be joking. Cubes is the most fined owner in NBA history. :lol

LkrFan
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
crofl wasn't this Cubes' reaction after Devin Harris put on a show against Dallas after they dealt him to Jersey?
:lol

monosylab1k
12-02-2012, 12:08 AM
apparently Cuban still knows how to troll Spurs fans

LkrFan
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
^ :lol

DMC
12-02-2012, 12:34 AM

And Mav's fans too based on your record.

pass1st
12-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Cuban and Stern are buddies, nothing new.

HeatChamps
12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Cuban just sucking up to get the refs on his side. Not going to happen. The refs are Heat certified. :D

Johnny RIngo
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Did you people read the whole article? He said at the end:

"It's just as stupid to put a team in their fourth game in five nights on national television," Cuban said. "That's just as dumb. You're not going to get as good of a performance, and that's what you want to show.

"So I guess you can make the counter-argument that even though the Spurs did what they did, the league was just as guilty for putting them in that position, which was pretty stupid."

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 01:54 AM

exactly, wants to trump up that "rivalry" Or maybe he wants Pop to rest his starters against Dallas

irishock
12-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Cuban has been on Stern's good side ever since 2011 when he STFU'd for the entire playoff run.

Jodelo
12-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Spursfans don't read the whole article :lol

Latarian Milton
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
spurs fans didn't read the shit at all imho. pop had every right to rest his players in a game which he thought he had no chance to win, but he should've shown some basic respect to the fans nationwide by playing each of them 1-2 quarters in the game, like how we did with bron/wade/bosh in the preseason game vs. team of monkeyball, instead what he actually did was blatant tanking and the league had no other choice but to issue them a 250K fine

DMC
12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Did you people read the whole article? He said at the end:

"It's just as stupid to put a team in their fourth game in five nights on national television," Cuban said. "That's just as dumb. You're not going to get as good of a performance, and that's what you want to show.

"So I guess you can make the counter-argument that even though the Spurs did what they did, the league was just as guilty for putting them in that position, which was pretty stupid."

The NBA and TNT weren't interested in competition. They wanted a showcase for El BJ, Wade and Ray Allen. The Spurs could have been the Bobcats. Doesn't matter. Stern wants every small market team to be the Washington Generals so big market fans can see their own Globetrotters show. Stern so needs to retire already. I vote DoK as next commissioner in keeping with the Jew tradition. I have a feeling the Suns will fare better next decade.

DMC
12-02-2012, 11:20 AM

I started reading it but ran into a word I didn't understand and stopped.

Bill_Brasky
12-02-2012, 11:21 AM
:lol illiterate Spurs fans. Cubes basically contradicted himself and agreed with Pop without actually agreeing with Pop.

Jodelo
12-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I started reading it but ran into a word I didn't understand and stopped.

"Mark" is a name for a men which is choosen by the parents.

BlackSwordsMan
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I only looked at the gif and agreed with cuban

JamStone
12-02-2012, 12:02 PM

Most probably didn't even click the link tbh. Cuban said he would have probably done the same thing and he calls the NBA stupid for the scheduling, but somehow he's jacking off Stern.

DMC
12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Most probably didn't even click the link tbh. Cuban said he would have probably done the same thing and he calls the NBA stupid for the scheduling, but somehow he's jacking off Stern.

Cuban is speaking from a business perspective, not from a basketball perspective. He's a businessman who happens to like basketball.

LakerHater
12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
“Everybody who planned to watch San Antonio vs. Miami on TNT, we’ve got disappointed customers all over the place,” Cuban said before Saturday’s Mavericks home game against Detroit. “When I say our biggest customer, TV is our biggest customer. So I’m not saying San Antonio did the wrong thing. I’m just saying I understand exactly why the league did what they did.”

“I tried to find every angle not to [side with Stern], but I do know who pays our bills,” Cuban said. “That is the driver for all things financial (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#) in sports — period, end of story. And when you [mess] with the money train you get [fined].”

JamStone
12-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Cuban is speaking from a business perspective, not from a basketball perspective. He's a businessman who happens to like basketball.

His overall point was about business. Where some Spurs fans who didn't actually read the article went wrong was assuming he was just taking up for the NBA without understanding everything he said. He said he understood why Pop did it. He said he might do the same thing if he were the Spurs and that was the schedule. He called the NBA just as guilty and dumb for the scheduling of the TNT game after the long road trip. He qualified his overall points with opinions that most Spurs fans would agree with if they actually read the article, instead of just going to a generic assumption that Cuban is sucking off Stern. He called the NBA dumb, but he's sucking off Stern?

hater
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I remember when Pop rested his stars in Dallas, at end of the season I believe in order to force us to face the mavs in round one on the road. I believe Spurs proceeded to facefuck the Mavs in a backdoor sweep.

I'm sure Cuban remembers that too :lmao

hater
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM
So I was right. Pop didn't give a shit abour home court vs Mavs and sat Manu+Duncan

http://www.nba.com/games/20100414/SASDAL/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

that was the nite Blair got 27 and 25

hater
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
btw I remember when Mavs tried to emulate Pop's move to rest starts. I think they rested Dirk and some others vs. Warrirors in last game of the season. THat game was the clincher for warriors on the 8th spot in the playoffs. The rest is history.

LOL Mavs

Jodelo
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Cool, tripple post...

Edit function seems to be broken.

irishock
12-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I remember when Pop rested his stars in Dallas, at end of the season I believe in order to force us to face the mavs in round one on the road. I believe Spurs proceeded to facefuck the Mavs in a backdoor sweep.

I'm sure Cuban remembers that too :lmao

That never happened. I do remember a certain backdoor sweep not too long ago.

Mori Chu
12-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Cuban learned in 2011 that you can't win a title in today's NBA without fellating Stern a bit. Constantly antagonizing the commish leads to the refs mysteriously giving you bad calls in the playoffs, and you lose. Smart guy, toes the line now and says the right things.

Clipper Nation
12-03-2012, 03:51 AM
btw I remember when Mavs tried to emulate Pop's move to rest starts. I think they rested Dirk and some others vs. Warrirors in last game of the season. THat game was the clincher for warriors on the 8th spot in the playoffs. The rest is history.

LOL Mavs
They also ended up royally fucking over the Clippers with det one... dumbasses :lol

CubanMustGo
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
“Everybody who planned to watch San Antonio vs. Miami on TNT, we’ve got disappointed customers all over the place,” Cuban said before Saturday’s Mavericks home game against Detroit. “When I say our biggest customer, TV is our biggest customer. So I’m not saying San Antonio did the wrong thing. I’m just saying I understand exactly why the league did what they did.”

So exactly HOW many people planned to watch San Antonio vs. Miami? Not many. Outside of the tiny SA TV market (which doesn't move the needle as everyone on the planet is aware), the cHeat fans are gonna watch the team so they can watch LeBron dunk the ball. I seriously doubt those illiterate bandwagoners changed the channel just because the Spurs big 3 didn't play.