PDA

View Full Version : Official Matt Bonner is Out of the Doghouse Celebration Thread

benstanfield
12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Post your favorite vintage Bonner playoff moments, Matty Bubbles Raptors memories, Coach B quote, or general red hair discussions.

Obstructed_View
12-01-2012, 11:26 PM
And you thought you'd seen abortionball...

NRHector
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
fml :bang

TD 21
12-01-2012, 11:32 PM
He needs to be re-inserted into the rotation. This is not an overreaction to what just happened either; I've been thinking this for a while. They need to accept what they are and stop pretending as if there's some internal solution to their problem.

We all know that playing him in the playoffs can't be an option at this point, nor can Blair be. But the trade deadline is a long ways off and so are the playoffs. This is about the here and now and the reality is, the offense just hasn't looked the same this season.

Drz
12-01-2012, 11:51 PM
He needs to be re-inserted into the rotation. This is not an overreaction to what just happened either; I've been thinking this for a while. They need to accept what they are and stop pretending as if there's some internal solution to their problem.

We all know that playing him in the playoffs can't be an option at this point, nor can Blair be. But the trade deadline is a long ways off and so are the playoffs. This is about the here and now and the reality is, the offense just hasn't looked the same this season.
I think Pop is clearly experimenting, and the chief reason Bonner hasn't been part of the experiments is because they already know what the various lineups look like with him. It's the new Tiago, Diaw, Kawhi, Nando etc. lineups that are new, and Pop is seeing if they'll work better than rotations involving Bonner. If that ends up not being the case (and so far it has not been), Bonner's minutes will increase.

freetiago
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
all bonner has to do is shoot wide open 3s
he can be inserted whenever

more important for the other bigs to get playing time together and hopefully showcase neal/mills/blair/bonner for trades
larry sanders has officially broken out in milwaukee
maybe we could get dalembert who is getting dnps
or udoh/ilyasova since they arent playing much now that sanders is eating their minutes

KaiRMD1
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
all bonner has to do is shoot wide open 3s
he can be inserted whenever

I agree until he starts bricking those wide open threes, then what is the point of his being on the damn court? As long as Bonner stays off the court in the playoffs, we should be good.

therealtruth
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM

What's the long term solution? It doesn't make sense to try changing your stripes in the playoffs.

justinandimcool
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
dumb. he got minutes because everyone else played like ass.

under normal circumstances, he'll continue to get spot minutes as the 5th big, and some 4th quarter minutes to throw off the opponent.

TD 21
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
What's the long term solution? It doesn't make sense to try changing your stripes in the playoffs.

The long term solution is obviously a trade that eliminates Blair/Bonner from the rotation permanently (and likely, at least one from the team). But as I alluded to, that's not going to happen this time of year, so for now, the focus should be on being the best they can be as currently constructed until that move can be made.

AussieFanKurt
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BAomDJMEwY

Poolboy5623
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I think the experimental comments are correct and I believe he's getting his minutes, because the experiments aren't going that well. Plus, when the team is healthy again, you will see those minutes disappear. Pop only has so many options right now.