PDA

View Full Version : Fire them all

benefactor
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Disgraceful. Can all of these faggots and start over.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Must be infuriating to see the football team of a university you have no connection to fail. Burn them in a fire !!

Kermit
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Must be infuriating to see the football team of a university you have no connection to fail. Burn them in a fire !!

Lol utsa.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
So you work for/have worked for the Spurs?

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM
1. Why would you compare pro to college ?

2. The Spurs represent the city not a university. So since I grew up here I do have a connection to them. What connection do you have to UT ?

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Lol utsa.

Are you a t-shirter too ?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
College football is a sport that depends on fans just like the NBA, NFL, etc. So you are saying people who live in Austin but never attended UT are Tshirt fans?

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
T-shirters help make college football as big as it is, I agree. Doesnt make you any less of a t-shirter though tbh. And people who live in Austin have a strong connection to UT actually...you dont have to attend to have a connection. With t-shirters though yall have as much of a connection with UT as you do with another Texas school like UTEP. But of course UT is good so you claim them, wear their t-shirts, and act like a diehard.

Its a dumb concept tbh.

Kermit
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Are you a t-shirter too ?

I went to school there. I graduated. I wear a Texas t-shirt on occasion.

Kermit
12-02-2012, 05:24 PM
T-shirters help make college football as big as it is, I agree. Doesnt make you any less of a t-shirter though tbh. And people who live in Austin have a strong connection to UT actually...you dont have to attend to have a connection. With t-shirters though yall have as much of a connection with UT as you do with another Texas school like UTEP. But of course UT is good so you claim them, wear their t-shirts, and act like a diehard.

Its a dumb concept tbh.
Don't see any UTSA t-shirts. Seen lots of Aggy t-shirts lately.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I went to school there. I graduated. I wear a Texas t-shirt on occasion.

What I said didnt apply to you then, tbh. Whyd you feel the need to defend t-shirters ?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:29 PM
T-shirters help make college football as big as it is, I agree.
You're welcome. That's all I needed to hear.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Whyd you feel the need to defend t-shirters ?

T-shirters help make college football as big as it is, I agree.
:lol

Kermit
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
What I said didnt apply to you then, tbh. Whyd you feel the need to defend t-shirters ?

Why does your inferiority make you comment on a thread that doesn't have anything to do with your shitty school?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't have a team in my city. Should I just stop watching all sports to avoid being a Tshirt fan?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm friend's with Dalton Santos' mom. Do I have a connection in your connection rule book now?

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:36 PM
True story: Went to my first ever UT game this year (gf's dad is a Wyoming alumni). I grew up rooting for UT, so I went in thinking that I would cheer for them. But once I was there and heard the crowd singing the alma mater and fight song, both of which I didnt know the lyrics to, I was like who am I kidding...this is a ridiculous concept. By the end of the game Wyoming actually came within a TD if IIRC and I was rooting for them just because they were the underdogs.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I was there too. Good time.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Why does your inferiority make you comment on a thread that doesn't have anything to do with your shitty school?

What inferiority complex? I have a soft spot for UT because I grew up rooting for them. I have no problem with them or with admitting they have a better school and football team tbh.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I was there too. Good time.

Do you know the alma mater and fight song ?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I know the fight song...and most of the players/current high profile recruits. Just like I know most of Texans roster and who they took in the draft last year. Just like I know all the Spurs players and could name the past 7 or 8 rosters off the top of my head. I'm a rather dedicated fan to all my teams.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:46 PM
The alma mater too ?

benefactor
12-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Doesn't matter. They are a sports team and I am a sports fan...and according to you, a fan that makes the sport what it is.

lol Tshirt arguments. It's like arguments from people who want to keep weed illegal.

Kermit
12-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Do you know the school colors? Do you know the mascot? Lol utsa.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 05:59 PM
What do you do at games while alumni and students are singing the alma mater, bene? I never said you make college football what it is either. I said you help make it as big as it is, mainly by providing ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales.

D12
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
:lol Kermit

:lol shitty ass UT football team getting their shit pushed in week in and week out

FkLA
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Do you know the school colors? Do you know the mascot? Lol utsa.

Take it out on the little, 'inferior' guys at UTSA brah...that should make the anger and frustration go away. :)

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
What do you do at games while alumni and students are singing the alma mater, bene?

Same thing I do at my old high school when I go watch games there. I just stand there. So do I no longer have a connection because of that? If so that fucking sucks, because they were finally getting good.

I never said you make college football what it is either. I said you help make it as big as it is, mainly by providing ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales.
http://i55.tinypic.com/ir3z3a.gif

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
:lol Tshirt arguments
:cry but you don't sing the song :cry

Kermit
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
:lol Kermit

:lol shitty ass UT football team getting their shit pushed in week in and week out

Lol Texas is irrelevant
Lol first chance she gets, posts in thread about Texas

FkLA
12-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Same thing I do at my old high school when I go watch games there. I just stand there. So do I no longer have a connection because of that? If so that fucking sucks, because they were finally getting good.

You attended that high school, if you chose to you could sing along during the alma mater and it wouldnt be stupid. You didnt attend UT. Why do you continue making stupid comparisons ?

http://i55.tinypic.com/ir3z3a.gif

Wow, youre a dumbass if you took that as me saying t-shirters make college football as great as it is. You help make it bigger but youre far from being the core of it.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
You are shit dumb if you think that college football would exist even near it's current level without fans that didn't attend school there.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I seriously can't believe you fucking typed that. That's some Fabbs level logic.

D12
12-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Lol Texas is irrelevant
Lol first chance she gets, posts in thread about Texas
:lol salty as fuck
:lol UT gonna get there shit inevitably pushed in
:lol Kermit, the fanboy gonna come in to defend the good ole mackbrownturdfaggot led Longhorns

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
College football wouldn't even be nationally televised without the non-alumni fan. Recruiting? Non-existent. All schools would basically be utsa level.

ColinB
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
UT represents Austin as much as or even more so than the Spurs representing San Antonio. So that argument doesn't really work.

Kermit
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
:lol salty as fuck
:lol UT gonna get there shit inevitably pushed in
:lol Kermit, the fanboy gonna come in to defend the good ole mackbrownturdfaggot led Longhorns
Link pls where Kermit defended ol' butter tooth.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 06:29 PM
You are shit dumb if you think that college football would exist even near it's current level without fans that didn't attend school there.

Noone is arguing otherwise, dipshit. I said you guys help provide the ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales. You dont make it as great as it is though, there is a huge difference between the two. The core of it is obviously the universities and whole college football experience, which you play little to no role in.

FkLA
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
UT represents Austin as much as or even more so than the Spurs representing San Antonio. So that argument doesn't really work.

bene is the one that seems to think otherwise, cause I agree with that:

And people who live in Austin have a strong connection to UT actually....

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I assumed you were arguing from the alumi angle. It doesn't matter...because you trying to call out fans that don't live in the city/didn't go to school there is fucking dumb. No major sports team anywhere would exist without non local fans.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
That is...unless you consider utsa level existing.

benefactor
12-02-2012, 07:00 PM
The core of it is obviously the universities and whole college football experience, which you play little to no role in.
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this too. The core is national exposure. The rivalries, the bowl games, media, messages boards like this one...these are things that fuel college football and make it go. They make the universities themselves go. What do you think the enrollment would be without the level of media exposure they have...and they have that exposure because of the average joe that roots for a team, just like any pro sports team.

Take that away and you are just a few thousand fans cheering in a stadium not much bigger than most 5A high school stadiums.

FkLA
12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this too. The core is national exposure. The rivalries, the bowl games, media, messages boards like this one...these are things that fuel college football and make it go. They make the universities themselves go. What do you think the enrollment would be without the level of media exposure they have...and they have that exposure because of the average joe that roots for a team, just like any pro sports team.

Take that away and you are just a few thousand fans cheering in a stadium not much bigger than most 5A high school stadiums.

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz165/Reajeasa/Watsonfacepalm.gif

Thats like saying the consumer makes a product great. National exposure isnt handed to universities either, most started small. Almumni/city/local businessman donations and student fees helped get all these programs up and running. Yall simply come in and provide the ratings plus huge boost in revenue with t-shirt sales, which Ive given you guys credit for tbh.

benefactor
12-03-2012, 07:52 AM

National exposure isn't handed to universities? You get dumber by the second.

benefactor
12-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Let's get back on track here...this all started with you laughing at fans that you claim have no connection to that respective school because they don't live in that town/didn't go to school there. This is stupid because you are basically laughing at the reason college football is even allowed to be on TV. I guess some local station might televise it with a shaky cam, but nationally televised games wouldn't exist. Network deals, corporate sponsorships...gone. You wouldn't get to watch any bowls or conference championship games on national television, because the majority of the fan base wouldn't exist.

Furthermore, it's like saying that someone who lives in a city that doesn't have a team should just not bother being a fan. Most of the state didn't go to A&M or Texas, but those are the two most notable programs in the state and most people will chose to root for one or the other as a kid and grow up rooting for them...just like they do with the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Texans, Cowboys, Rangers, Astros, etc. College football fandom is really not any different than any pro sport from a fan perspective. Fans are fans. You choose a team as a kid or decide you like a team because of this player or that player and you follow them. I pay my money to go to see the Longhorns just like I pay my money to go see the Spurs and Texans. It's all the same. I am concerned about the shit coaching, just like I would be if any of my other teams were dealing with coaching issues.

I feel stupid for having to explain all this to you but since you've gone all Aggie with your Tshirt arguments I guess it was necessary. Congrats for being dumb again per your usual.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 06:25 PM

National exposure isn't handed to universities? You get dumber by the second.

Wow.

Schools arent put on national tv randomly, dipshit. Boise St was FCS like 15 yrs ago, they decided to make the move up which was funded by locals/alumni and increased student fees. Now they have t-shirters like Clipper Nation all over the country. UTSA didnt have a program 2 yrs ago, next year theyll be in CUSA...again funded the same way. I can keep going with tons of examples. T-shirters like you get the product when its complete. You play little to no role in getting the program off the ground. Same with academics. Donations and fees help build a strong academic reputation. Then comes the national exposure.

Let's get back on track here...this all started with you laughing at fans that you claim have no connection to that respective school because they don't live in that town/didn't go to school there. This is stupid because you are basically laughing at the reason college football is even allowed to be on TV. I guess some local station might televise it with a shaky cam, but nationally televised games wouldn't exist. Network deals, corporate sponsorships...gone. You wouldn't get to watch any bowls or conference championship games on national television, because the majority of the fan base wouldn't exist.

Furthermore, it's like saying that someone who lives in a city that doesn't have a team should just not bother being a fan. Most of the state didn't go to A&M or Texas, but those are the two most notable programs in the state and most people will chose to root for one or the other as a kid and grow up rooting for them...just like they do with the Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Texans, Cowboys, Rangers, Astros, etc. College football fandom is really not any different than any pro sport from a fan perspective. Fans are fans. You choose a team as a kid or decide you like a team because of this player or that player and you follow them. I pay my money to go to see the Longhorns just like I pay my money to go see the Spurs and Texans. It's all the same. I am concerned about the shit coaching, just like I would be if any of my other teams were dealing with coaching issues.

I feel stupid for having to explain all this to you but since you've gone all Aggie with your Tshirt arguments I guess it was necessary. Congrats for being dumb again per your usual.

I never said you arent allowed to root for a college team, quote me if I said that. I also never denied that you guys make college football bigger with ratings and revenue from t-shirt sales. All I did was say how stupid of a concept being a t-shirt fan is, which alot of people would agree with imo.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Kind of hard to have a discussion when your comprehension skills are shit tbh. Especially when you argue stuff that I never said/claimed.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow.

Schools arent put on national tv randomly, dipshit. Boise St was FCS like 15 yrs ago, they decided to make the move up which was funded by locals/alumni and increased student fees. Now they have t-shirters like Clipper Nation all over the country. UTSA didnt have a program 2 yrs ago, next year theyll be in CUSA...again funded the same way. I can keep going with tons of examples. T-shirters like you get the product when its complete. You play little to no role in getting the program off the ground. Same with academics. Donations and fees help build a strong academic reputation. Then comes the national exposure.

:lol using Boise St. as an example

Again...I have to explain shit to you that is common knowledge. You are right, schools are not put on TV randomly...they big programs have it handed to them no matter how bad they are. Schools from the AQ conferences don't have to build shit. National exposure is handed to them by the media and they are the backbone of college football and have been since they started putting games on TV. Not Boise fucking St. The fan bases of those schools are for the most part regular fans that grew up rooting for that team. They fill the stadiums. They cause the sponsors to pay. They provide the TV deals and the big bowl payouts.

Once again...I can't tell if you are trolling or just fucking dumb.

All I did was say how stupid of a concept being a t-shirt fan is, which alot of people would agree with imo.
The bulk of fans are...and you wouldn't have college football on a national scale without us...just like you wouldn't have other major sports. It's not stupid to grow up rooting for any team located in the state you live. Plenty of Spur fans outside of SA, Mavs fans outside of Dallas, Texans fans outside of Houston, etc. do it because...well...much of the state lives outside of those cities.

You say in one breath that you are not saying I'm not allowed to root for a college team(I have no major college in my city, like much of the state) and in then next you say "how stupid the concept of being a t-shirt fan is." Read that again and think about it.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 09:10 PM
:lol using Boise St. as an example

Again...I have to explain shit to you that is common knowledge. You are right, schools are not put on TV randomly...they big programs have it handed to them no matter how bad they are. Schools from the AQ conferences don't have to build shit. National exposure is handed to them by the media and they are the backbone of college football and have been since they started putting games on TV. Not Boise fucking St. The fan bases of those schools are for the most part regular fans that grew up rooting for that team. They fill the stadiums. They cause the sponsors to pay. They provide the TV deals and the big bowl payouts.

Jesus Christ you are stupid. I used Boise St because it is a recent example of a team that made the move up and has quickly climbed through the ranks, and wouldve been in an AQ conference prior to the new system which left the Big East out. I couldve easily used one of the bigger name teams in an AQ conference but they have been established longer which obviously means they paid their dues before my time and likely even yours...youre acting like UT or any other big program doesnt have a bunch of history behind them. UT football wasnt always as it big as it is now, every programs started off small and without t-shirters or national coverage.

Once again...I can't tell if you are trolling or just fucking dumb.

The bulk of fans are...and you wouldn't have college football on a national scale without us...just like you wouldn't have other major sports. It's not stupid to grow up rooting for any team located in the state you live. Plenty of Spur fans outside of SA, Mavs fans outside of Dallas, Texans fans outside of Houston, etc. do it because...well...much of the state lives outside of those cities.

You say in one breath that you are not saying I'm not allowed to root for a college team(I have no major college in my city, like much of the state) and in then next you say "how stupid the concept of being a t-shirt fan is." Read that again and think about it.

Youre arguing with yourself about t-shirters making CF bigger, since Ive agreed with that about 50 times already.

And pro sports and college sports are alot different than each other, idk why you keep comparing them. Pro sports dont have alumni, faculty, or students. They dont have a campus were those group of people spend most of their week at. I have never felt out of place at a Spurs or Cowboys game like I did at the Longhorn game when the alumni and fight song were being played. I wont tell you you cant root for a team because who the fuck am I to tell someone what to spend their money on...Im just commenting on how dumb of a concept it is.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol every program started out small. It's pretty obvious you are trolling now.

It's the same concept as pro sports fandom from a large scale financial support standpoint(the alumni/faculty/students angle you are attempting to take doesn't change that)...and I won't go over all the reasons why again. Just because you had some kind of "feeling" doesn't change anything either. Congrats on lumping yourself together with Aggie in what is a stupid line of reasoning.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I've still yet to here a good explanation why you think rooting for a school outside your city is dumb when you have no major program in your city to root for. Beyond all the nonsense being argued, that's really the long and short of it.

Sisk
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Are there cilffs notes for this argument? Way too many tl;dr's

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Jesus Christ you are stupid. I used Boise St because it is a recent example of a team that made the move up and has quickly climbed through the ranks

Except that will never happen again.... in fact, it will never be allowed to happen again once the superconferences form....

lol utsa

FkLA
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
UT football has always had the amount of prestige and national coverage it does now ?

And sure t-shirters like you help programs make money. Paying Mack Brown 5 mill/yr wouldnt be possible without you, I agree. How does that change the fact that he and the football team are still representing the university? One which you have no affiliation to. You cant just ignore the alumni/faculty/student angle just cause it makes you look dumb.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
No more deflecting.

I've still yet to here a good explanation why you think rooting for a school outside your city is dumb when you have no major program in your city to root for. Beyond all the nonsense being argued, that's really the long and short of it.
I'm waiting.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Except that will never happen again.... in fact, it will never be allowed to happen again once the superconferences form....

lol utsa

Im sure there were will always be chances for teams that dominate the non-AQ ranks to move up to an AQ conference. Especially if they consistently get the non-AQ BCS bid and win one of those here or there.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
No more deflecting.

I'm waiting.

Ive explained my reasoning multiple times. If you wanna try to ignore my point by comparing CF to the pros despite their huge differences thats up to you. That doesnt make being a t-shirt fan any less dumb tbh.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
So you can't. That's all I wanted to hear. Thanks.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
So you can't. That's all I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Pretty sure thats subjective, brah. Plenty of people will agree that being a t-shirter is a dumb concept. Others, especially those that would be considered a t-shirter themselves, will try to rationalize it.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Maybe you need it simpler.

Fan A lives in Wichita Falls, TX. He loves college football and has grown up watching it but has no D1 team in his city or even close. He sees friends at school gravitate towards the two major programs in the state, A&M and Texas so he goes with one of those. He grows up watching his team and even goes to games when he can. He follows the recruiting and buys merchandise. He winds up not ever going to college for one reason or another, but he still follows his team because that has always been his team.

Explain in detail why this guy is stupid for rooting for the team he roots for.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I dont blame Fan A, tbh. Like I said I grew up a UT t-shirt fan myself. I would hope though, that once he went to a game and saw how out place he was at a game (i.e. sitting on his ass/not knowing the lyrics during the alumni song or fight song) he would realize how dumb of a concept it is...just like I did.

UTSA football isnt anywhere near the product UT football is, and probably never will be but atleast I have some affiliation to it. I didnt fabricate my fandom to them like I did with UT. Shit after that experience at the UT game Id start rooting for the Mean Green right down the road if I was him, Id feel much closer to them than UT tbh.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM
So he's not dumb. Thanks.

/thread

FkLA
12-06-2012, 11:16 PM
So he's not dumb. Thanks.

/thread

Fan A could be a genius, who knows.

Now the concept of being a t-shirter? Thats dumb. Hopefully Fan A is smart enough to realize that if/when he attends a UT game.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 11:27 PM
You are the only person I've ever talked to that "realized it." My buddy and I didn't have some deep conversation after we left the game about the school song and how it was weird...and your own uncomfortable experience can't automatically make all fans that don't have a D1 school dumb for rooting for one.

FkLA
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Honestly what reason does someone like you or me have for not feeling out of place there? We arent students. We arent alumni. We arent faculty or staff. Shit we arent even Austin residents. Becoming a fan because we grew up watching them on tv just seems like fabricated fandom tbh. Personally Id rather go with UTSA or if I was Fan A with North Texas.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not its the same fan/team connection achieved at any other major sporting event. Are the dynamics slightly different because of the school angle? Sure. But 99% of the out of town fans feel just like they do at any other game they go to where they support the team. I felt the same way I did at the Texans game. You felt a certain way and that's fine...but it doesn't apply to all fans who care about their sports teams...and it certainly doesn't make them dumb for supporting them.

FkLA
12-07-2012, 12:43 AM
I really dont get why you try to compare the two. Even excluding the school angle, the Texans are one of only two pro teams in the state...naturally they will encompass a larger region and not just Houston. If I was from East Texas like you Id probably go with them as my regional team too tbh. Unless youre a bandwagoner or have some connection to other cities thats how fandom works in pro sports.

That shit doesnt fly for college though. You have twelve FBS schools to choose from. So not only are you not affiliated to the university but UT isnt even the school closest to your region. Why not North Texas or SMU? Or a Houston school like UH or Rice? Now that Ive got a taste of the whole college football experience Id easily take short drives to every home game at one of those schools+ability to tailgate and congregate over mostly watching UT on tv +making long trips to see a game here or there. Thats just me though, I like to feel like a part of it even if its not as successful of a program. But maybe you prefer the wins despite mostly being isolated from the program, which is cool just kinda dumb imo.

The Reckoning
12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
tldr

Bill_Brasky
12-08-2012, 10:25 AM
tldr

Summary: fkla isn't too bright

benefactor
12-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I obviously don't prefer wins. See Texans, Houston.

I don't just decide to stop rooting for one team and start rooting for another because its a little bit closer. All those schools are still at least two hours from me and the Houston ones are just as far as UT. Its beside the point though, as I have no problem paying extra for hotels, gas, etc. to enjoy the team I've always been commited to. Switching teams out of convenience sounds more like a "T-shirt" fan than anything you have described thus far.

FkLA
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Its a fabricated commitment though, seeing as you have no university or regional ties to the Longhorns. Pretty sure thats the definition of a t-shirt fan tbh.

benefactor
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
...or any other school. Try to keep up.

FkLA
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
So youre admitting you have no regional or university ties to UT and that you basically liked them because you :crygrew up watching them on TV:cry ?

benefactor
12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Sort of. I had lots of UT fans around me and most of the dumb redneck side of my family were Aggie fans. It wasn't a hard choice. Most of East Texas is one of the two.

FkLA
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM
...and most of East Texas would be considered t-shirt fans as well.