PDA

View Full Version : Pop quotes on resting players...

hater
12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
these are old, when the NBA was not a police league, but still valid:

"The real bottom line is that I'm paranoid about Tim being healthy and Manu being healthy for the playoffs," he said. "We've had playoffs where Timmy hasn't played, where Manu hasn't played, where Timmy has been half-speed, where Manu has been half-speed, for a variety of reasons. We're entering this playoff pretty healthy ... and I didn't want to screw that up. I thought that was more important to us than worrying about who we play."

"I'm tired of those guys," Popovich joked about resting his veterans. "They haven't done a darn thing for us for quite a while, so I wanted to send them a message that we're a little bit angry at them. So hopefully they'll start playing better this weekend."

http://www.nba.com/games/20100414/SASDAL/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

the point is this shit has been going on for years! and just because we ruined a Heatles national televised game now Spurs get punished????

In other words for Stern there are only a few teams/players that matter. The rest can go die.

spurs1990
12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Holy shit ----> DeJuan Blair's line - 27 points, 23 rebounds, 12-21 shooting against Dallas' starters.

SpursRock20
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Holy shit ----> DeJuan Blair's line - 27 points, 23 rebounds, 12-21 shooting against Dallas' starters.

His trade value has never been higher...

Ice009
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM

DeJuan was a beast back then. I don't know what happened to him. Possibly it's physical with his knees not being is as good of shape?

Poolboy5623
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Dejuans knees were just as bad then, as they are now. He's capable of that stat line. The problem is, he can't do it consistently. His play is similar to that of a roller coaster. If he was taller/longer, you could leave him on the floor and let him play through some of his lows. Unfortunately with his height, he is a liability when not producing at that capacity.

SpursRock20
12-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Dejuans knees were just as bad then, as they are now. He's capable of that stat line. The problem is, he can't do it consistently. His play is similar to that of a roller coaster. If he was taller/longer, you could leave him on the floor and let him play through some of his lows. Unfortunately with his height, he is a liability when not producing at that capacity.

To add to that, if I remember correctly, Manu hooked him up with a lot of great passes that led to easy shots. They worked very well together. Sadly, Manu's passing seems to have regressed since then, but it'll be back :toast

gee
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
In other words for Stern there are only a few teams/players that matter. The rest can go die.

That pretty much sums everything up