PDA

View Full Version : Is it common knowledge...

Th'Pusher
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
That John Cornyn is a Mormon? I was playing an iPhone app game called Akinator where you think of a character, real or fake, and it asks you a series of questions with the end result of the app guessing who it is you are thinking of. My character was John Cornyn and one of the questions asked of me was if he was Mormon. Being a Texas senator, I just assumed no, and the app failed to identify my character. After the fact, I wiki'd Cornyn and it said he was a member of the church of Christ. I had no idea. Is this common knowledge? Am I a complete moron for not knowing this?

Latarian Milton
12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
not common knowledge imho, at least for people living outside texas it isn't and who gives a shit about a texas senator's religious adherence? not until romney got nominated republican presidential candidate did i know that he is a mormon tbh

Th'Pusher
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM
not common knowledge imho, at least for people living outside texas it isn't and who gives a shit about a texas senator's religious adherence? not until romney got nominated republican presidential candidate did i know that he is a mormon tbh

The rep's religion is not important to me. I was just unaware Cornyn was a Mormon. Seems strange for a Texas senator.

101A
12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
That John Cornyn is a Mormon? I was playing an iPhone app game called Akinator where you think of a character, real or fake, and it asks you a series of questions with the end result of the app guessing who it is you are thinking of. My character was John Cornyn and one of the questions asked of me was if he was Mormon. Being a Texas senator, I just assumed no, and the app failed to identify my character. After the fact, I wiki'd Cornyn and it said he was a member of the church of Christ. I had no idea. Is this common knowledge? Am I a complete moron for not knowing this?

Church of Christ != LDS

NOT a Mormon

boutons_deux
12-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Church of Christ != LDS

NOT a Mormon

yep, LDS usually goes by the full C of Jesus C of LDS, not only C o C.

Cornyn is just a garden variety Christian, and TX corporate whore.

C o C is non-specific: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_christ