PDA

View Full Version : Bowls, Bowls, Bowls - All Bowl Talk

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
sons since we have another month or so to sit around and wait for the bowls to start we may as well keep all the bowl talk in one thread. what are your thoughts on the bowl selections this year?

the Top-25 teams/bowls that matter ...

Discover BCS National Championship
#1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama

Tostitos Fiesta
#4 Oregon vs. #5 Kansas State

Allstate Sugar
#21 Louisville vs. #3 Florida

Discover Orange
#15 Northern Illinois vs. #12 Florida State

Rose Bowl Game
Wisconsin vs. #6 Stanford

AT&T Cotton
#9 Texas A&M vs. #11 Oklahoma

Capital One
#7 Georgia vs. #16 Nebraska

Outback
#10 South Carolina vs. #18 Michigan

Chick-fil-A
#8 LSU vs. #14 Clemson

TaxSlayer.com Gator
Mississippi State vs. #20 Northwestern

Valero Alamo
#23 Texas vs. #13 Oregon State

Bridgepoint Education Holiday
Baylor vs. #17 UCLA

MAACO Las Vegas
Washington vs. #19 Boise State

GoDaddy.com
#25 Kent State vs. Arkansas State

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I can't wait for Oregon to dick whip Kansas State so I can bump the thread where Big-12 homers were jerking Bill Snyder's 6-7 bowl record off.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
There's some shitty ass games this year. Not gunna lie.

DMX7
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM

No kidding. I see 3 games I will watch max -- Discover, Cotton and Valero (probably in person, although tickets will have to be cheap).

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM

To be honest, I've enjoyed this college season alot. Much more than the NFL. I'm interested in alot of the bowl games even the smaller one.

I do wish the SEC wasn't stuck playing Big 10 teams. Would love to see SEC/Pac-12 matchups.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM

I agree. there are some good and interesting ones (particularly the national championship game), but most are pretty dull. this will be Notre Dame's opportunity to put up or shut up. let us review Notre Dame's bowl history vs SEC teams over lets say the last 30 years or so ...

2007 Sugar Bowl
LSU 41 - Notre Dame 14

1997 Independence Bowl
LSU 27 - Notre Dame 9

1992 Sugar Bowl
Notre Dame 39 - Florida 28

1981 Sugar Bowl
Georgia 17 - Notre Dame 10

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I expect Northwestern to dick-whip Mississippi State to give the SEC its only New Year's Day bowl loss.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Watch though, it's going to end up being an awesome bowl year with exciting down to the wire games. Just doesn't look like much from the outside.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Watch though, it's going to end up being an awesome bowl year with exciting down to the wire games. Just doesn't look like much from the outside.

I think so too. I'm gonna watch alot of these bowl games.

I think the Kent St - Arkansas State game in Mobile will be a great one. If I still lived in Mobile, I would have thought about going to that game. I still remember the ECU-Marshall classic between David Garrard and Byron Leftwich in that same bowl game years ago.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 10:12 PM
sons the biggest disappointment for me is the main four BCS bowl games are all pretty dull. now I'm sure at least one of them will come down to the wire and be an exciting game (hopefully), but none of them look good in my opinion. the only one that appears to be somewhat evenly matched ON PAPER is Oregon vs K-State, but K-State is a team that allowed a very bad Baylor team to drop 52 points on them so God only knows how bad Oregon is going to punish them. I could see Florida and Louisville putting on a decent show, but the other two (Rose and Fiesta) are just horrible looking.

the Cotton, Chik-fil-A, and Outback Bowls all look more attractive than the Rose and Fiesta Bowls.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Fiesta bowl will be interesting.

Twisted_Dawg
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
A couple of thoughts:
1. I think Satan rolls the Catholics
2. I think Oregon beats Kansas State. Should be good game.
3. A & M will have trouble against OU. Mike Stoops has had phenomenol succes stopping the Air Raid. It will all be on Johnny Football's shoulders. My money is on Johnny.
4. LSU Clemson should be a good game. LSU wins.
5.Wisconsin Stanford: The White Boy Smash Mouth Football Bowl. Dull but fundamental. Push.
6. Texas vs Oregon State..... Texas gets humilated, AGAIN. More butthurt, only to be made worse by Mack Brown coming back next year. Not sure why the Alamabowl reps didn't pick UCLA which I think would have made for better TV ratings.

Now the bad:
1.Nothern Illinois at FSU in a BCS bowl. What a fucking train wreck. Total joke. Fuck that BCS formula, thank God they are changing. Boring blowout.
2. Louisville Florida. Another stupid BCS train wreck of giving the Big East a spot. Florida blowout

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
sons the biggest disappointment for me is the main four BCS bowl games are all pretty dull. now I'm sure at least one of them will come down to the wire and be an exciting game (hopefully), none of them are look good. the only one that appears to be somewhat evenly matched ON PAPER is Oregon vs K-State, but K-State is a team that allowed a very bad Baylor team to drop 52 points on them so God only knows how bad Oregon is going to punish them. I could see Florida and Louisville putting on a decent show, but the other two (Rose and Fiesta) are just horrible looking.

the Cotton, Chik-fil-A, and Outback Bowls all look more attractive than the Rose and Fiesta Bowls.

This seems like the same story every year. The BCS bowls are always underwhelming due to having to see ACC, Big East, Big 10, and Oklahoma. No one wants to see those teams. Same case this season with Wisconsin, Florida State, Louisville, and Northern Illlinois.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Honestly, Oregon and Florida would be a great matchup. That's the game I wanted to see.

Rather see K-State play Georgia/LSU/A&M/.

Don't care for Louisville, Florida St, or Northern Illinois.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
sons I'm honestly not trying to be a hater because I personally don't have anything against Notre Dame like a lot of people do, but I just don't find them legit. now don't get me wrong they are deserving of being in the title game because a win is a win and they won out, but from watching most of their games I just don't think they can pull it off. I personally think that the following teams this season would beat Notre Dame right now ....

- Alabama
- Georgia
- Florida
- Oregon
- LSU
- Texas A&M
- South Carolina

and possibly a few others, but those are the teams I personally think FOR SURE would beat Notre Dame right now.

- Stanford could beat Notre Dame 2 out of 3 times (should have beaten them this year if not for the blatant, rigged officiating. go back and look at those calls that pushed ND to victory)

Twisted_Dawg
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
sons I'm honestly not trying to be a hater because I personally don't have anything against Notre Dame like a lot of people do, but I just don't find them legit. now don't get me wrong they are deserving of being in the title game because a win is a win and they won out, but from watching most of their games I just don't think they can pull it off. I personally think that the following teams this season would beat Notre Dame right now ....

- Alabama
- Georgia
- Florida
- Oregon
- LSU
- Texas A&M
- South Carolina

and possibly a few others, but those are the teams I personally think FOR SURE would beat Notre Dame right now.

- Stanford could beat Notre Dame 2 out of 3 times (should have beaten them this year if not for the blatant, rigged officiating. go back and look at those calls that pushed ND to victory)

You prolly right BR. But when they rolled into Oklahoma I thought OU was going to destroy them. I was impressed by ND's game. I still think they are over rated and will be destroyed by Alabama. But give Kelley some credit, he has a done a good job turing ND around from years of shitty coaches.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I still enjoy Saturdays much more than Sundays, but the BCS games are always underwhelming every year. They should always have all the big games on New Years with the best matchups. Seems like the New Year's day bowl games were always better in the 80s and 90s compared to now with teams like L'Ville, Northern Illinois, and ACC teams getting BCS bids.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, the Big 8 conference went to the Orange, SEC went to the Sugar, Big 10/Pac-10 went to the Rose, Southwest Conference went to the Cotton, and the ACC went to the Citrus (Capital One) Bowl. Those games were always providing better matchups on New Years compared to what the BCS provides now.

Alot of the non-BCS bowl games will be more interesting than the BCS games outside of the Fiesta and Title game.

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I think the Kent St - Arkansas State game in Mobile will be a great one. If I still lived in Mobile, I would have thought about going to that game. I still remember the ECU-Marshall classic between David Garrard and Byron Leftwich in that same bowl game years ago.

It'll be interesting to see what Kent's coaching situation will be by January 6th. Darrell Hazell interviewed at Cal this weekend. If the game was pre-New Year's he'd probably stay for the bowl even if he takes another job, but he might be gone by the 6th.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
You prolly right BR. But when they rolled into Oklahoma I thought OU was going to destroy them. I was impressed by ND's game. I still think they are over rated and will be destroyed by Alabama. But give Kelley some credit, he has a done a good job turing ND around from years of shitty coaches.

oh no doubt I give them credit. like I said I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there. I just don't find them as legit as most of the top 10 teams are right now. Also beating Oklahoma is not really much of an accomplishment if you ask me. that team is just never legit and always overrated. people want to talk about Notre Dame being overrated, well Oklahoma takes the cake on that one each and every season.

Twisted_Dawg
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
I still enjoy Saturdays much more than Sundays, but the BCS games are always underwhelming every year. They should always have all the big games on New Years with the best matchups. Seems like the New Year's day bowl games were always better in the 80s and 90s compared to now with teams like L'Ville, Northern Illinois, and ACC teams getting BCS bids.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, the Big 8 conference went to the Orange, SEC went to the Sugar, Big 10/Pac-10 went to the Rose, Southwest Conference went to the Cotton, and the ACC went to the Citrus (Capital One) Bowl. Those games were always providing better matchups on New Years compared to what the BCS provides now.

Alot of the non-BCS bowl games will be more interesting than the BCS games outside of the Fiesta and Title game.

Every word so true.

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM

- Alabama
- Georgia
- Florida
- Oregon
- LSU
- Texas A&M
- South Carolina

Notre Dame is legit. This isn't the Charlie Weis/Brady Quinn teams that got manhandled by more physical opponents. Athletically and defensively this ND team is on a different level than those ones, imo.

I agree there are a lot of teams that COULD beat Notre Dame- Pitt probably should have beaten them in South Bend. But I don't think you can ever count out a team that plays defense the way they do, imo.

Twisted_Dawg
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
oh no doubt I give them credit. like I said I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there. I just don't find them as legit as most of the top 10 teams are right now. Also beating Oklahoma is not really much of an accomplishment if you ask me. that team is just never legit and always overrated. people want to talk about Notre Dame being overrated, well Oklahoma takes the cake on that one each and every season.

Call it now BR: OU vs TAMU in the Cotton

ColinB
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
LA Tech not playing in a bowl game. :lol

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Kent's coaching situation will be by January 6th. Darrell Hazell interviewed at Cal this weekend. If the game was pre-New Year's he'd probably stay for the bowl even if he takes another job, but he might be gone by the 6th.

Wow, Cal and the Pac-12 is a huge step up. Plus he's from Jersey and has only coached in the Midwest and Northeast his entire career. No experience whatsoever in the West coast and no recruiting experience. Not sure that is the best hire for Cal, but Hazell definitely should take that job.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
LA Tech not playing in a bowl game. :lol

They turned down the Independence in their backyard :lol

K-State Spur
12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't wait for Oregon to dick whip Kansas State so I can bump the thread where Big-12 homers were jerking Bill Snyder's 6-7 bowl record off.

What are we supposed to do with Chip Kelly's 1-2 bowl record? Or Nick Saban's 7-6 for that matter?

symple19
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
sons since we have another month or so to sit around and wait for the bowls to start we may as well keep all the bowl talk in one thread. what are your thoughts on the bowl selections this year?

the Top-25 teams/bowls that matter ...

Discover BCS National Championship
#1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama
--- I can't cheer for either of these fucking teams... Will probably drink to the point where I'm passed out before it starts so I don't have to watch it. Bama should win, though

Tostitos Fiesta
#4 Oregon vs. #5 Kansas State
K-State will likely get rolled

Allstate Sugar
#21 Louisville vs. #3 Florida
lol Louisville

Discover Orange
#15 Northern Illinois vs. #12 Florida State
Another shitty fucking game, although I would love to see N.Illinois win (unlikely, however)

Rose Bowl Game
Wisconsin vs. #6 Stanford
Stanford...Awful game

AT&T Cotton
#9 Texas A&M vs. #11 Oklahoma
Interesting matchup. I'll be pulling for Aggy, but for some reason I feel like Oklahoma will win. Don't really know why...Heisman hangover, maybe?

Capital One
#7 Georgia vs. #16 Nebraska
Lmgfao Nebraska

Outback
#10 South Carolina vs. #18 Michigan
USCe, by two scores

Chick-fil-A
#8 LSU vs. #14 Clemson
LSU going away... Clemson won't know how to deal with that defense

TaxSlayer.com Gator
Mississippi State vs. #20 Northwestern
Bulldogs

Valero Alamo
#23 Texas vs. #13 Oregon State
Haven't watched the Beavers at all this year, but UT is an abomination on defense, so I'll take OSU

Bridgepoint Education Holiday
Baylor vs. #17 UCLA
Mora knows wtf he's doing...UCLA

MAACO Las Vegas
Washington vs. #19 Boise State
BSU

GoDaddy.com
#25 Kent State vs. Arkansas State
Malzahn!

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow, Cal and the Pac-12 is a huge step up. Plus he's from Jersey and has only coached in the Midwest and Northeast his entire career. No experience whatsoever in the West coast and no recruiting experience. Not sure that is the best hire for Cal, but Hazell definitely should take that job.

He does have to take it if it's offered. Hopefully he won't get Turner Gill'd in the process.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
He does have to take it if it's offered. Hopefully he won't get Turner Gill'd in the process.

If he doesn't win by after year two, his ass will be gone.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
What are we supposed to do with Chip Kelly's 1-2 bowl record? Or Nick Saban's 7-6 for that matter?

No one was telling really gay corny anecdotes about a "cold winter night in 2003" (or whatever other fruity diction you chose) to describe Chip Kelly.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Fiesta bowl will be interesting.

If by interesting you mean blowout, then sure.

symple19
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
We should do a bowl pick em'

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Call it now BR: OU vs TAMU in the Cotton

Texas A&M - 42
Oklahoma - 17

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 10:52 PM
If by interesting you mean blowout, then sure.

I don't think it will be a blowout. In fact, I think K-State wins the game. Heard it here first.

As for A&M/OU, I'll give the Stoops bro's credit and say that they will make it a game given a month to prepare. Saying that, there defense will have no answer for Johnny Football and he will run wild. People thinking we run the "air raid" obviously haven't watched us this year and I don't see how OU can stop our running game behind our monster O-Line. Like I said, I think Stoops will have his boys ready to play and I definitely think they will put some points on the board against our defense but Landry Jones is going to have to play a perfect game for them to beat us and I'm not putting my money on that happening.

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Texas A&M - 42
Oklahoma - 17

I would say more like

A&M- 45
OU- 31

Given the game is more than a month away , my prediction could change.

symple19
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
As for A&M/OU, I'll give the Stoops bro's credit and say that they will make it a game given a month to prepare. Saying that, there defense will have no answer for Johnny Football and he will run wild. People thinking we run the "air raid" obviously haven't watched us this year and I don't see how OU can stop our running game behind our monster O-Line. Like I said, I think Stoops will have his boys ready to play and I definitely think they will put some points on the board against our defense but Landry Jones is going to have to play a perfect game for them to beat us and I'm not putting my money on that happening.

Hope you're right

DesignatedT
12-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Looking at it a little closer, I think the SEC goes 9-0 this bowl season sons.

Alabama over ND
Florida over Louisville (lulz)
UGA over Nebraska
A&M over Oklahoma
South Caroline over Michigan
Miss State over Northwestern (only one I'm not sure about)
LSU over Clemson
Vandy over NC State
Ole Miss over Pitt

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow, 9-0 has a pretty high chance of happening for them with that schedule. Jesus.

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Looking at it a little closer, I think the SEC goes 9-0 this bowl season sons.

Alabama over ND
Florida over Louisville (lulz)
UGA over Nebraska
A&M over Oklahoma
South Caroline over Michigan
Miss State over Northwestern (only one I'm not sure about)
LSU over Clemson
Vandy over NC State
Ole Miss over Pitt

son I think there is a very good chance of that happening, but you have to an eye on the fools gold team of the SEC .... South Carolina. they are always solid, but also always find someway to self destruct. they're basically our Oklahoma or our Ohio State. if I had to bet on any team in the SEC losing their bowl game this season it would be South Carolina and yes I'm counting Ole Piss, Pississippi State, and Vandy too. South Carolina just isn't reliable. (5-12 overall bowl record and 2-3 in the last five seasons)

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Now I know I just reamed South Carolina, but I don't think they will be the ONLY SEC team to lose this bowl season. I'm going to predict ...

Alabama over Notre Dame
Florida over Louisville
Georgia over Nebraska
Texas A&M over Chokelahoma
*Michigan over South Carolina*
*Northwestern over Pississippi State* - they're just not a good team at all
LSU over Clemson
Vanderbilt over North Carolina State
Ole Piss over Pittsburgh

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
The Pac should do well in bowls as well this year-

Arizona vs. Nevada - Should be a W
Washington vs. Boise State - Pretty close game but I'd predict an L
UCLA vs. Baylor - Should an easy W
Arizona State vs. Navy - Another easy W, but :lmao if ASU finds a way to lose this
Oregon State vs. Texas - Predicting a W but I have a weird feeling MBTF has a good gameplan
USC vs. Georgia Tech - Any team that has a month to gameplan for GaTech's gimmicky offense should get the W but you never know with Kiffin
Stanford vs. Wisconsin - :lmao
Oregon vs. KSU - Oregon exposes the shit team KSU is

Probably 6-2, Washington loses to Boise State and we have 1 other loss by a team that should have won.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Our Rebs are gonna do us proud, BR.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I predict Mississippi State will lose to the Northwestern. I think the rest of the SEC teams will win, but wouldn't surprise me if Bama/ND is a close low scoring game.

I think South Carolina will easily beat Michigan.

Georgia, LSU, and Florida should easily win their games.

OU/A&M will be interesting, but I like A&M too much.

Vandy should win easily.

Pitt has played better lately, but I like how Ole Miss ended the season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Why do people think A&M OU will be close? This is Bob Stoops in a BCS Bowl game :lol

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
The Pac should do well in bowls as well this year-

Arizona vs. Nevada - Should be a W
Washington vs. Boise State - Pretty close game but I'd predict an L
UCLA vs. Baylor - Should an easy W
Arizona State vs. Navy - Another easy W, but :lmao if ASU finds a way to lose this
Oregon State vs. Texas - Predicting a W but I have a weird feeling MBTF has a good gameplan
USC vs. Georgia Tech - Any team that has a month to gameplan for GaTech's gimmicky offense should get the W but you never know with Kiffin
Stanford vs. Wisconsin - :lmao
Oregon vs. KSU - Oregon exposes the shit team KSU is

Probably 6-2, Washington loses to Boise State and we have 1 other loss by a team that should have won.

son I know I've mentioned this to you before, but Arizona is one of my favorite places in this country. I'm usually over there a couple of times every year and will eventually move there or at least get a vacation home there. Tuscon is one of the most beautiful places in the country in my opinion. Love it in Arizona .... now with that said, why can't Arizona or Arizona State get a better football program? I know that Arizona State has a bigger fan base, stadium, etc. ... but even they are slacking. is the demand for college football low over there?

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Why do people think A&M OU will be close? This is Bob Stoops in a BCS Bowl game :lol

the cotton bowl is not part of the bcs games

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Our Rebs are gonna do us proud, BR.

son people can laugh, but at least Ole Piss improved in the final three games of the season. of course their overall record looks like shit, but they went toe to toe with a solid Vanderbilt team and only lost by 1 point, then gave LSU (a team with poor coaching and has gotten worse in the final 3 games) a run for their money only losing by 6 points, and then whipped the ever living shit out of Pississippi State. I expect them to win their bowl game.

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I kind of hope the entire Big 10 gets curb-stomped outside of Northwestern, tbh.

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
All of you bitches should get in Trainwreck's bowl pick em league.

Do

it

Now

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Only reason Miss St got the bid over Vandy is because Vandy-Northwestern played earlier in the season.

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM
I kind of hope the entire Big 10 gets curb-stomped outside of Northwestern, tbh.

I imagine they'll oblige you

JoeTait75
12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I imagine they'll oblige you

Yeah, I was about to say I probably won't have to hope for it. Wisky could give Stanford a battle in the Rose Bowl, though.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
son people can laugh, but at least Ole Piss improved in the final three games of the season. of course their overall record looks like shit, but they went toe to toe with a solid Vanderbilt team and only lost by 1 point, then gave LSU (a team with poor coaching and has gotten worse in the final 3 games) a run for their money only losing by 6 points, and then whipped the ever living shit out of Pississippi State. I expect them to win their bowl game.

Our Rebels could easily be 9-3 this year if a few plays went our way. Freeze is gonna have our team ready from here on out. Been a while since OM has had a coach that is competent at both coaching and recruiting. No where to go but up.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Our Rebels could easily be 9-3 this year if a few plays went our way. Freeze is gonna have our team ready from here on out. Been a while since OM has had a coach that is competent at both coaching and recruiting. No where to go but up.

I agree.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
son I know I've mentioned this to you before, but Arizona is one of my favorite places in this country. I'm usually over there a couple of times every year and will eventually move there or at least get a vacation home there. Tuscon is one of the most beautiful places in the country in my opinion. Love it in Arizona .... now with that said, why can't Arizona or Arizona State get a better football program? I know that Arizona State has a bigger fan base, stadium, etc. ... but even they are slacking. is the demand for college football low over there?

Greg Byrne our current AD has done a lot of things to help the football program along. The stadium is pretty shitty but it's undergoing major renevations and the training facilities are in the process of being overhauled as well. Prior to Greg Byrne, the AD was a lot more complacent with the football program and did jack shit to improve it. It was never gonna improve under him. That being said, Byrne isn't perfect and has done a lot wrong. He's arrogant as hell and has done a mediocre at best job raising money. He also waited a season too long to fire Mike Stoops and by doing so made it so the program hit rock bottom and had to completely start from scratch this year.

The program right now is in a good place and might start contending with the elite Pac teams. They went 7-5 this year which is WAY more than I expected and Rich Rod has put together a top 25 recruiting class. Given the new excitement around the program with Rich Rod, stadium improvements and an overall good season, hopefully we've figured things out. The other thing is, everyone knows our basketball team is always the main attraction and we're a basketball school.

ASU's problem is simple. Female AD who is a completely clueless dumb broad. They would be a football giant if their AD knew what he/she was doing. Like Byrne, she waited too long to fire a coach who stopped giving a shit and started just cashing checks. Their athletics as a whole are in disarray. UA just won the CWS largely because we had a lot of kids go to UA who normally would have gone to ASU but they're inelligible for the CWS due to recruiting violations.

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I was about to say I probably won't have to hope for it. Wisky could give Stanford a battle in the Rose Bowl, though.

Hmmm. I think Northwestern has a shot as does Michigan, but only if USCe decides to lay an egg (entirely possible, as BR pointed out). Cock defense is comparable to Bama's and we saw what happened in that game. Clowney is the best defensive specimen in America, too, imo. Dude can affect games all by himself.

Stanford is too well coached to not show up against the Badgers. Wisconsin probably hasn't seen a team that's even close to being as fundamentally sound and physical as the Tree is. Feel pretty good about this one.

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Greg Byrne our current AD has done a lot of things to help the football program along. The stadium is pretty shitty but it's undergoing major renevations and the training facilities are in the process of being overhauled as well. Prior to Greg Byrne, the AD was a lot more complacent with the football program and did jack shit to improve it. It was never gonna improve under him. That being said, Byrne isn't perfect and has done a lot wrong. He's arrogant as hell and has done a mediocre at best job raising money. He also waited a season too long to fire Mike Stoops and by doing so made it so the program hit rock bottom and had to completely start from scratch this year.

The program right now is in a good place and might start contending with the elite Pac teams. They went 7-5 this year which is WAY more than I expected and Rich Rod has put together a top 25 recruiting class. Given the new excitement around the program with Rich Rod, stadium improvements and an overall good season, hopefully we've figured things out. The other thing is, everyone knows our basketball team is always the main attraction and we're a basketball school.

ASU's problem is simple. Female AD who is a completely clueless dumb broad. They would be a football giant if their AD knew what he/she was doing. Like Byrne, she waited too long to fire a coach who stopped giving a shit and started just cashing checks. Their athletics as a whole are in disarray. UA just won the CWS largely because we had a lot of kids go to UA who normally would have gone to ASU but they're inelligible for the CWS due to recruiting violations.

How's the high school football talent in Arizona?

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
ASU's problem is simple. Female AD

wow I didn't know that and like you said there is the problem. fuck being politically correct. it is what it is.

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM

I would agree that you guys are on an upward track. Need more defense, though. Offense looks like it will be very, very good going forward.

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM

:lol

I'm guessing they rape Cali and the islands

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
:lol

I'm guessing they rape Cali and the islands

In-state recruiting can really determine how successful a program can be.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2012, 11:44 PM
I would agree that you guys are on an upward track. Need more defense, though. Offense looks like it will be very, very good going forward.

African disaster, tbh.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/football/college/img21192404.jpg

symple19
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Not as much on the west coast. Cali more or less supplies every school in the Pacific and Western time zones.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2012, 11:49 PM

Are you passively trying to say LSU is one of the most overrated programs in the country with your comment here?

BRHornet45
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM

hence why the SEC is so successful thanks to slavery

Pelicans78
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Are you passively trying to say LSU is one of the most overrated programs in the country with your comment here?

Or Miles is overrated since Louisiana has a ton of talent in state. A ton and Les has all that talent in his backyard without any competition in that state.

Same with Richt at Georgia. That state has a ton of talent and he hardly gets any competition from GA Tech.

JoeTait75
12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Stanford is too well coached to not show up against the Badgers. Wisconsin probably hasn't seen a team that's even close to being as fundamentally sound and physical as the Tree is. Feel pretty good about this one.

Nothing against Stanford, I just think Wisky is probably better than their record. Their five losses are by a total of 19 points, two of those in OT. They've cycled through three different starting QBs. They seem to have their QB situation straightened out and they have the running game going again. They might not beat Stanford but imo they've got a better chance than most of the other bowl-bound B1G teams.

symple19
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Nothing against Stanford, I just think Wisky is probably better than their record. Their five losses are by a total of 19 points, two of those in OT. They've cycled through three different starting QBs. They seem to have their QB situation straightened out and they have the running game going again. They might not beat Stanford but imo they've got a better chance than most of the other bowl-bound B1G teams.

That's fair. I haven't seen them play this year, tbh. Was just going by their record and the fact they play in the Big Ten. But I do know Badger fans (there are a shitload of them here in SE Mn) are an incredibly annoying group of people, so I definitely hope they lose.

BRHornet45
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Or Miles is overrated since Louisiana has a ton of talent in state. A ton and Les has all that talent in his backyard without any competition in that state.

this.

let us look at Miles before LSU ...

2001: Oklahoma State: 4-7
2002: Oklahoma State: 8-5
2003: Oklahoma State: 9-4
2004: Oklahoma State: 7-5

OVERALL RECORD: 28-21
1 Bowl Win (2 losses)
0 Conference Championships
0 Conference Division Titles

then he won the lottery/became a trust fund baby and was handed the already established and championship-ready built LSU program on a silver platter

now let us look at Oklahoma State AFTER Miles and under Gundy ...

OVERALL RECORD: 66-35
4 Bowl Wins (including 2 BCS Bowl wins)
1 Conference Championship
2 Conference Division Titles

DesignatedT
12-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I like what Freeze and OM have done as well. They have a lot of work to do defensively but Pitt won't be able to hang with that offense. OM wins that game.

leemajors
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM

stoooooooooooooooops may be due, and if johnny football took the heisman and shit the bed in the cotton bowl that would destroy this forum tbh

symple19
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM

Same with Richt at Georgia. That state has a ton of talent and he hardly gets any competition from GA Tech.

Georgia is loaded with talent. Auburn recruits there better than anyone but the Dawgs. Alabama, USCe, and to a lesser degree Tennessee, also rape that state

symple19
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I know Miles pisses you LSU folk off, but he is literally the only guy who has gone toe-to-toe with Saban since that bastard got to Bama. Plus, he has maintained an elite program. It's just not as easy as you guys make it out to be

All he needs is a good OC and they will be equal to Bama.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Mediocre, but that doesn't impede UA getting elite basketball talent. There's no reason why UA shouldn't get a top 20 recruiting class every year. It's in a real college town that idolizes every star athlete UA ever gets, tons of hot girls, warm climate, laughable academic standards, etc. The problem is our football history is so pathetic and our football program has too many ups and downs because coaches get way too comfortable and complacent here.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2012, 12:56 AM
The window UA didn't take advantage of at all because it was Stoops last years here when he stopped putting any effort into recruiting was when USC was down. We needed to be doing everything we could to get premier California recruits while USC's program was in disarray but didn't.

The Reckoning
12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooops

FkLA
12-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Son, wtf did your Louisiana Tech Bulldogs do...no bowl game for them. :lol

DMX7
12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
sons the biggest disappointment for me is the main four BCS bowl games are all pretty dull. now I'm sure at least one of them will come down to the wire and be an exciting game (hopefully), but none of them look good in my opinion. the only one that appears to be somewhat evenly matched ON PAPER is Oregon vs K-State, but K-State is a team that allowed a very bad Baylor team to drop 52 points on them so God only knows how bad Oregon is going to punish them. I could see Florida and Louisville putting on a decent show, but the other two (Rose and Fiesta) are just horrible looking.

Baylor is NOT bad on offense. They can score points on anyone.

Twisted_Dawg
12-03-2012, 08:07 AM
I know Miles pisses you LSU folk off, but he is literally the only guy who has gone toe-to-toe with Saban since that bastard got to Bama. Plus, he has maintained an elite program. It's just not as easy as you guys make it out to be

All he needs is a good OC and they will be equal to Bama.

:lol @ bastard

coyotes_geek
12-03-2012, 08:57 AM

I'm curious how serious OU's players are going to take the game. It's got to be a huge letdown to get screwed out of a BCS bowl like they did.

coyotes_geek
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I still can't believe that 9-3 LaTech isn't in a bowl game but 6-7 Georgia Tech is.

Blake
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
And a five loss Wisconsin team is in Rose Bowl.

the BCS might.......might.......have gotten the title game right, but they got most of the other bowls wrong

coyotes_geek
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Granted it doesn't make for a very good bowl game, but I don't have a problem with Wisconsin being there. It's not the BCS' fault that OSU & PSU got on probation or that Wisconsin kicked Nebraska's ass. It's the Big East being AQ and that 2 team max rule that screwed everything up. Take away the Big East's AQ bid and you get rid of Louisville and NIU (wouldn't have finished above an AQ conf champ so the rule that let them in wouldn't have come into play). Depending whether you went from a 2-team max to a 3-team max or a no-max you'd replace Louisville and NIU with Georgia and either LSU or Oklahoma.

Blake
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
The B1G is having a bad year. None of those teams in that conference should be rewarded with an automatic trip to the Rose.

It's the BCS's fault for not placing stricter standards on BCS participants.

romad_20
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure UGA doesn't have a huge hangover from the SEC championship and comes out with a "who gives a fuck" attitude and loses that game similar to Bama a few years ago with Utah. They should be able to roll on talent alone, but we will see.

The BCS sucks this year and these bowl matchups blow. Bama-ND and A&m-OK probably look the best to me right now.

Blake
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure UGA doesn't have a huge hangover from the SEC championship and comes out with a "who gives a fuck" attitude and loses that game similar to Bama a few years ago with Utah. They should be able to roll on talent alone, but we will see.

The BCS sucks this year and these bowl matchups blow. Bama-ND and A&m-OK probably look the best to me right now.

True. It would surprise exactly nobody if Georgia comes in with apathy and loses.

It's also really stupid that Florida leap frogs the dogs and gets rewarded with a BCS game

tlongII
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM

I think Stanford will beat up Wisconsin pretty bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-04-2012, 10:00 AM

How do ya think da Pac does this year Tlong? You agree they can go 6-2 or even better?

tlongII
12-04-2012, 10:37 AM
How do ya think da Pac does this year Tlong? You agree they can go 6-2 or even better?

The Pac will be anywhere from 5-3 to 8-0 imo. UW will have its hands full with Boise State.

DesignatedT
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Statistical look at Cotton bowl:

http://i49.tinypic.com/55mjqo.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rfvn0p.png

DesignatedT
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/SCSnare/gifs/ou_fans_dicks.gif

JoeTait75
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM

I like Wisky's chances even more w/Barry Alvarez's greasy a$$ back on the sidelines in a cameo appearance.

leemajors
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Stoooooooooops does know how to beat A&M, should be an interesting game

DesignatedT
12-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Everybody knew how to beat Fran and Sherman..

DMX7
12-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Stoooooooooops does know how to beat A&M, should be an interesting game

It's essentially a toss up game according to the odds makers.