PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Just keep on winning....Marc Stein

Tbiggums47
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Monday, Dec. 3

The San Antonio Spurs are the latest Team of the Week in the NBA. Literally and even moreso figuratively.

Which is how San Antonio managed to nudge just past the Memphis Grizzlies into the top spot in ESPN.com's weekly NBA Power Rankings, bumping the Grizzlies down after two straight Mondays at the top.

By beating Memphis at home Saturday night in overtime, after its B team showed off every ounce of the Spurs' depth by nearly topping the Heat in Miami on Thursday night in a game unforgettable for 250,000 reasons, San Antonio moved to the summit for the second time this season.

Memphis supporters might find that a bit harsh, given that the Grizzlies were on the second night of a back-to-back and still look good in so many categories that matter after the season's opening month, but the NBA's silver and black swayed the committee (of one) because -- even without injured wing men Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson -- they just keep winning......True, True, True.....!

boutons_deux
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
5th in power rankings :)

McGusto55
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats right bitches.....

Fireball
12-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Spurs are missing their two SFs, but Memphis played without Tony Allen, so I think both teams are evenly matched overall and as Pop said - out of 10 games both would win 5

SenorSpur
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
How nice it would've been if the Spurs B-team would've pulled out the win in Miami.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep. Spurs have beaten the thunder, lakers, Grizz, and Celtics. Their nemesis seems to be the Clippers, lost twice, and the red hot Knicks beat them. This with a spate of key injuries to Ginobili, Leonard, and Jackson. They are unquestionably a top 5 team.

boutons_deux
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
How nice it would've been if the Spurs B-team would've pulled out the win in Miami.

as in the following game, Heat were just toying with the Spurs JV until crunch time, then they crunched.

phxspurfan
12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
excellent article by a true gentleman and scholar of the game.

jestersmash
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
5th in power rankings :)

5th in which power rankings?

D-rob fan
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm guessing he means 5th in the computerized Hollinger rankings.

jestersmash
12-03-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm guessing he means 5th in the computerized Hollinger rankings.

We're 2nd on Hollinger computerized power rankings, 1st on Marc Stein's power rankings, 2nd on NBA.com John Schuhmann's power rankings, 2nd on yahoo sport's power rankings, 1st on USA Today's power rankings, 1st on SBnation's power rankings, etc. etc.

Tbiggums47
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
5th in power rankings :)Moved to Number one today...BTW We ar ranked 4th on the CBS Poll. Matt Moore is the blogger posting the ranking..I asked him which league has he been watching......A Memphis fan was pissed that I said we put it on the Grizzlies...I meant no disrespect b/c Memphis has a hell of a team but, Saturday night I felt The Spurs "Manned Up" to pull the game out!

jestersmash
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Moved to Number one today...BTW We ar ranked 4th on the CBS Poll. Matt Moore is the blogger posting the ranking..I asked him which league has he been watching......A Memphis fan was pissed that I said we put it on the Grizzlies...I meant no disrespect b/c Memphis has a hell of a team but, Saturday night I felt The Spurs "Manned Up" to pull the game out!

We moved to #1 from #5 in which power rankings?

YoMamaIsCallin
12-03-2012, 06:25 PM
as in the following game, Heat were just toying with the Spurs JV until crunch time, then they crunched.

Seriously? Did you watch the game? The Spurs were one lucky play (LeBron recovering a loose ball and kicking to Ray Allen for the 3) or one more made shot by the Spurs away from winning that thing. In addition, the refs let the Heat mug Neal and DeColo in the closing 2 minutes a couple of times to steal the ball. Had that been Parker or Wade, those fouls would have been called.

Ice009
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Where's the link the article?

TDMVPDPOY
12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
our team record is misleading, i think we are better then what it shows...if the spurs didnt choke away leads

TampaDude
12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Not worried at all about the Clips. It's the Grizzlies that will be the biggest obstacle between the Spurs and LOB #5.

TimmehC
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Moved to Number one today...BTW We ar ranked 4th on the CBS Poll. Matt Moore is the blogger posting the ranking..I asked him which league has he been watching......A Memphis fan was pissed that I said we put it on the Grizzlies...I meant no disrespect b/c Memphis has a hell of a team but, Saturday night I felt The Spurs "Manned Up" to pull the game out!

LOL Matt Moore. Dude was having a twitter meltdown all weekend over Restgate.