PDA

View Full Version : Spurs controversial photo involving TP and TD

MoSpur
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, if so, sorry, but I had no idea there was this picture on the web going around. Apparently it was taken at the Halloween party. LOL

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/embarrassing-photo-spurs-players-leaked-online

http://images.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/Spurs%20Joey%20Crawford%20%282%29.jpg

mexpurs21
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, if so, sorry, but I had no idea there was this picture on the web going around. Apparently it was taken at the Halloween party. LOL

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/embarrassing-photo-spurs-players-leaked-online

http://images.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/Spurs%20Joey%20Crawford%20%282%29.jpg
It was posted like 3 days ago dude :sleep

wildbill2u
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Sure would hate for Joey to get wind of it.

CubanMustGo
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome to last week.

Kori Ellis
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
This is about the 10th thread on this :)

I think it was actually posted on SpursTalk first, and then someone from here put it on Reddit. A few ST posters were at the party -- so it is funny if one of them actually took the pic. :lol

MoSpur
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
My bad. I had never seen it. I guess they decided to bring it up again after this whole issue with Pop resting Manu, TD, TP, and Green just to add fuel to the fire.

MB3//
12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
This is actually a story now on Yahoo!'s homepage. Haha.

Paranoid Pop
12-03-2012, 12:59 PM
The Crawford writing and the number seem like it's photoshoped, anyone find another pic of the guy dressed as a ref yet to confirm.

jiggy_55
12-03-2012, 01:06 PM
This is actually a story now on Yahoo!'s homepage. Haha.

That's true, its officially gone viral...

McGusto55
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Another fine comin.....

spurbyheart
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Apparently it was a party thrown by Stephen Jackson

SpurSwag
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
its a really funny picture, but in really poor taste tbh they definitely shouldn't have done this, as extreme as it would be i could stern handing out fines/suspensions if he twists this to be a threat or something ridiculous. Not saying it's probable, but considering stern's already pissed off at the spurs, who knows

Paranoid Pop
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Even if it's photoshoped I'm cool with not being classy anymore tbh.

Obstructed_View
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
This photo originated on ST, guys.

CubanMustGo
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
The SAEN brain trust is finally on it, you can expect them to get to the bottom of it as soon as they get the answer here:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/newswatch/2012/12/tim-duncan-tony-parker-point-toy-guns-at-joey-crawford-in-photo/

BillMc
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Could it be worse than a fine? One could argue I suppose that this might be a real threat to Crawford. If it could be proved that Tim or Tony wanted it to be seen by Crawford it could be borderline criminal. Of course, for that to happen TD or TP would have had to send it directly to Joey. Or at least posted it themselves knowing it would find its way to him eventually.

Me? I like it. Just hope we don't get in any trouble. If its been photoshopped, I hope the original surfaces soon.

NASpurs
12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
This photo originated on ST, guys.

Not really. I think jeebus said he found it on twitter.

Horse
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Who cares they have nothing to lose, it's not like stern or the refs can treat them any worse than they have already.

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Lol the spurs are headlining in all the websites I post on

FromWayDowntown
12-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Yep. It's a thing.

SenorSpur
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Spurs finally make headlines and the gossip pages.

debo
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
CIA pop
"ill rest my starters one way or another"

Spurs Brazil
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
danmccarneysaen Manu on Halloween photo: I think it was a joke. It was very innocent. I didn't see it at the time, but nothing to be serious about.

danmccarneysaen NBA, Spurs decline comment on Halloween photo. Popovich said he hasn't seen it. Ginobili said it shouldn't be taken out of context.

Juggity
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Here's Yahoo's take on it.

Expect a response from Stern now that it's gone viral.

Edit: didn't realize the OP already posted this link. Point still stands, though. Stern won't risk looking weak by failing to respond to this.

SpursRock20
12-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Stuff spreads way too fast nowadays.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
It's a Halloween party. It's a funny bit, that's all. Cheesus H. Christ, media. Get some perspective.

cd98
12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
I predict another $250,000 fine.

urunobili
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
lol Media failing to remember other games disgracefully ref'd by Crawford to add more fire into it...

crc21209
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
:lol Damn this is like the 1000000th thread about this already....

MoSpur
12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I remember seeing some posts here from a Halloween party with the Spurs, but didn't recall seeing this. I read it by reading something on Yahoo. I was kinda freaked out that TD was in the pic, but then I started to laugh. Its a funny picture, but its just coming out again at the wrong time.

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't have to tell you things are bad everbody knows things are bad it's a conspiracy against us, everbodys out showcasing mokeyball, the fundamentals are being forgotten, couple dollars can't even get you a beer at games, teams are tanking for picks, guns are entering the lockeroom, Punk commissioner are running wild with power and there's nobody anywere who seems to know what to do and there's no end to it.

We know some games are rigged, and some teams are favored, and we sit watching our tvs while some jackass commissioner tells us today which star players have to play, or which coachs team will be fined 250K for coaching his team as if that's the way it's suppose to be, we know things are bad worse than bad there crazy it's like everything everywere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore and instead complain on online forums, and slowly the game we love is being taken from us and all we say is please don't pay the fine leave our team alone, let us have our basketball, let a coach do his job, let him decided what players should play and we won't say anything just leave us alone well im not going to leave you alone I WANT YOU TO GET MAD.

I don't want you to protest I don't want you to ride, I dont want you to write to the NBA becuase I wouldn't know what to tell you to write I don't know what to do about the monkeyball showcasing, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams all I know is that first you got to get mad you got to say im a SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN GOD DAMIT MY VOICE HAS VAULE, so I want you to get up now I want all of you to get up out of your chairs I want you to get up right now and go to the window open it and stick you head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE I want you to get up right now get up go to your windows open them and stick your head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE but first you got to GET MAD YOU GOT TO SAY IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE then will figure out what to do about the monkeyball, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams, but first get out of your chairs open the window stick your head out and yell and say IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!:ihit

12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
There is a very easy way to determine whether or not this photo was inappropriate. If the situation was reversed and it was Joey Crawford and another ref pointing toy guns at someone wearing a Duncan jersey, how would SpursTalk react? Actually, I already know, ST would probably flip their shit. This may or may not be a fine-able offense, but don't be surprised when Joey Crawford refs multiple games in the WCSF against the Grizzlies. Wall Street investors have a saying, "don't fight the Fed." Don't fight the league. You won't win.

crc21209
12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
There is a very easy way to determine whether or not this photo was inappropriate. If the situation was reversed and it was Joey Crawford pointing a toy gun at someone wearing a Duncan jersey, how would SpursTalk react? Actually, I already know, ST would probably flip their shit. This may or may not be a fine-able offense, but don't be surprised when Joey Crawford refs multiple games in the WCSF against the Grizzlies. Wall Street investors have a saying, "don't fight the Fed." Don't fight the league. You won't win.

Yeah the difference is that we know Joey Crawfors is a nut case though. Did you see the dance he did calling a blocking foul during the Laker game last week? The guy craves attention and thinks he's bigger than the game itself...

phxspurfan
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Damn really? Over a Halloween photo? Come on America

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
mother of god, the photo is on Yahoo NBA frontpage :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/;_ylt=AwrwEpzqCL1QnjEA.AE5nYcB;_ylu=X3oDMTEzOTFqdW xsBG1pdAMEcG9zAzQEc2VjA01lZGlhTmF2aWdhdGlvbl9NYWlu ;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

jeebus
12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Not really. I think jeebus said he found it on twitter.
Maybe an hour after the game started on TNT that night, I found it as a reply under one of the sportswriter's twitter (Hollinger, Woj, one of those). tbh I thought it had already been posted back during halloween, so I didn't post it again until the fine came out which I thought was an appropriate time. It got laughs that night but the next day everyone started melting down about it :lol

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:22 PM
I can just read the ESPN front headline: "Spurs players vow to wipe NBA referee off the face of the earth... NBA sends drones to Spurs practice facility. Guantanamo cell gets remodeled to accomodate 7 footer."

jestersmash
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
My bad. I had never seen it. I guess they decided to bring it up again after this whole issue with Pop resting Manu, TD, TP, and Green just to add fuel to the fire.

You're adding fuel to the fire by making the 10th thread about this in 3 days, thereby promoting public awareness of the picture.

jestersmash
12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I remember seeing some posts here from a Halloween party with the Spurs, but didn't recall seeing this. I read it by reading something on Yahoo. I was kinda freaked out that TD was in the pic, but then I started to laugh. Its a funny picture, but its just coming out again at the wrong time.

Thanks to people like you and threads like this...

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
if something was to come out it would have regardless. you can't fight the internet.

based on the comments on that site this is nothing but a laughable matter. If NBA takes it seriously it will only embarrass them some more

Drachen
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah the difference is that we know Joey Crawfors is a nut case though. Did you see the dance he did calling a blocking foul during the Laker game last week? The guy craves attention and thinks he's bigger than the game itself...

He wants to be Ed Hochuli maybe??

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
and now the LA Times picked it up

ok so Stern will get involved again probably :lol

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-tim-duncan-tony-parker-20121203,0,6860615.story

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
USA today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/03/tim-duncan-tony-parker-joey-crawford-halloween-guns/1742303/

Manu-20
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't have to tell you things are bad everbody knows things are bad it's a conspiracy against us, everbodys out showcasing mokeyball, the fundamentals are being forgotten, couple dollars can't even get you a beer at games, teams are tanking for picks, guns are entering the lockeroom, Punk commissioner are running wild with power and there's nobody anywere who seems to know what to do and there's no end to it.

We know some games are rigged, and some teams are favored, and we sit watching our tvs while some jackass commissioner tells us today which star players have to play, or which coachs team will be fined 250K for coaching his team as if that's the way it's suppose to be, we know things are bad worse than bad there crazy it's like everything everywere is going crazy so we don't go out anymore and instead complain on online forums, and slowly the game we love is being taken from us and all we say is please don't pay the fine leave our team alone, let us have our basketball, let a coach do his job, let him decided what players should play and we won't say anything just leave us alone well im not going to leave you alone I WANT YOU TO GET MAD.

I don't want you to protest I don't want you to ride, I dont want you to write to the NBA becuase I wouldn't know what to tell you to write I don't know what to do about the monkeyball showcasing, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams all I know is that first you got to get mad you got to say im a SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN GOD DAMIT MY VOICE HAS VAULE, so I want you to get up now I want all of you to get up out of your chairs I want you to get up right now and go to the window open it and stick you head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE I want you to get up right now get up go to your windows open them and stick your head out and yell IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE but first you got to GET MAD YOU GOT TO SAY IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE then will figure out what to do about the monkeyball, overpriced beers, rigged games, and favored teams, but first get out of your chairs open the window stick your head out and yell and say IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!:ihit

AMEN BROTHER!:ihit

Mel_13
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
They'll both get fined.

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Come on now I don't see a issue. If Spurs were in NBA gear ...then maybe a thin case could be made but all I see is 2 guys on costume play threatening another

DPG21920
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
How funny would it be if SpursTalk was the provider of the ultimate leverage for Stern to go HAM on the Spurs and really light them up and make their life hell? ST would have fulfilled it's destiny to bring down the world around them.

superjames1992
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Tim Duncan looks like he's wearing World of Warcraft clothes, LOL. I do know he likes that sort of thing, so maybe he is.

HI-FI
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
hopefully they'll just get fined or let it slide. it's such BS. I can see Nazi $tern getting upset, since his refs are his personal goons.

I think the pic is hilarious, it was literally a spontaneous moment. Most likely whoever took the pic was like "hey we need a pic with Crawford, get your guns up".

who knows, since Stern hates our boring and professional image, maybe he'll like this. maybe he is thinking "there is a lot of nerdiness and angst underneat the surface, I can market this". I'm just trying to :downspin:this.

PingPong
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Why people say 'Tim Duncan is boring'? He has good sense of humor and is fan of the Punisher. He uses that knee brace and now this costume with The Punisher theme...

hooperflash
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
This is about the 10th thread on this.

Which is why I don't associate myself with the other GNSF, they're noobs.

Edit: Some BNSF are GNSF in disguise.

Seventyniner
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Spurs should just claim it was photoshopped. That eyepatch on Tony looks like it was added in anyway.

Hell, a decent 'shopper should be able to put Stern and Cuban's heads where Tim and Tony's are, change "Crawford 17" to "Duncan 21" and still have it look believable.

KL2
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
People acting like they raped a white woman.

boutons_deux
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I smell a Stern counter-attack in here. He's paid somebody to spread and push this old photo again to make the Spurs look like the Bad Guys he fined.

LakerHater
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I wonder if thats the same eye patch Tony is wearin from when he got glassed by Chris Brown & Drake!?? :lol

Capt Bringdown
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Yahoo is calling it "Embarrassing Photo Of Spurs Players Leaked"
What's embarrassing about joking around at a Halloween party?

MinuteByMinuteSports
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I hope whoever took this picture is not Tony's friend. Because if he is, he just betrayed him and the Spurs.

HI-FI
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I smell a Stern counter-attack in here. He's paid somebody to spread and push this old photo again to make the Spurs look like the Bad Guys he fined.
i can't believe i'm agreeing with boutons, maybe I deserve a cut of that Axelrod money, but i agree, i've always said this seems awfully suspicious how it comes out right as the Spurs were thumbing their nose at Stern. Stern is a shifty mofo, I wouldn't put anything past him.

phxspurfan
12-03-2012, 06:30 PM
and now the LA Times picked it up
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-tim-duncan-tony-parker-20121203,0,6860615.story

USA today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/03/tim-duncan-tony-parker-joey-crawford-halloween-guns/1742303/

http://www.antifeministtech.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

Man In Black
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Perhaps that OG photo shouldn't have been made public but even so, if the league acts, then they have yet again, overstepped their bounds. I mean, C'mon...Tony Parker was Nick Fury. The leader of SHIELD. And Tim is the Punisher, he's gotta play the part.

DieMrBond
12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Spurs should just claim it was photoshopped. That eyepatch on Tony looks like it was added in anyway.

Hell, a decent 'shopper should be able to put Stern and Cuban's heads where Tim and Tony's are, change "Crawford 17" to "Duncan 21" and still have it look believable.

http://alturl.com/tvhqa

Close enough?

Dex
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM

Close enough?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Dex
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Now all we will hear about his nothing but a lazy no-game playing, middle-finger flipping thug. :rolleyes Iverson 2.0 anyone?

NRHector
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
my boys are growing up right in front of my very own eyes

Creation88
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
that image is clearly photoshopped. here's the real one.....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3917/sternsgay.jpg

NRHector
12-03-2012, 08:14 PM
that image is clearly photoshopped. here's the real one.....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3917/sternsgay.jpg

oh shit :lmao

Russo21
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I actually thought some dude photoshopped the whole thing. I'm surprised the photo was actually real?

timmydmvp21
12-03-2012, 10:33 PM
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a551/spursfan210/sterncopy.jpg

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 10:49 PM

Close enough?
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT ON POINT

even stern like http://imageshack.us/a/img846/1092/davidsternehhhh.png

howbouthemspurs
12-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Quit posting this shit! you are part of the problem!

diego
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
hilarious, but also a little stupid. If it was spontaneous and there just happened to be a noose there, ok. But if they actually staged it then yes it is a little embarrassing, and the timing is terrible.

wouldnt put it past stern at all to pull another ridiculous fine, and you know egomaniac crawford is taking notes and preparing the dance moves he'll use to call the spurs for bullshit.

in the grand scheme of things it doesnt change much, unpopular teams always have to play through joey and co.

ivanfromwestwood
12-04-2012, 04:21 AM
With all the crazy shit going on do you think the spurs are making waves on purpose? You know what they say. Thers no such thing as bad publicity.

Mhak
12-04-2012, 05:26 AM
I fear that this picture will bite them in the ass comes playoffs time!!! Stern will assign crawford to be the ref in the crucial games!

Also Spurs are building up some street creds lol.

ivanfromwestwood
12-04-2012, 05:32 AM
They need to sign KMart to finish the transformation into official bad boys

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I wonder if thats the same eye patch Tony is wearin from when he got glassed by Chris Brown & Drake!?? :lol

I was thinking that had to be why he chose that costume; he already had the eye patch.

BTW, how much was Kobe's fine/suspension for raping a woman in Colorado and telling the cops that he likes to jack off on women's faces? Is that more/less embarrassing?

CubanMustGo
12-04-2012, 11:47 AM
This whole affair ... the restgate, the photo, all this shit ... is going to get the Spurs a bunch of bandwagon fans they've never had before. :lol

LakerHater
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
BTW, how much was Kobe's fine/suspension for raping a woman in Colorado and telling the cops that he likes to jack off on women's faces? Is that more/less embarrassing?

Fuck yeah, more so for his wife!

El Contusion II
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
The gig is up boys, it's all over espn.

Malik Hairston
12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
:lol they just had it on PTI..

CubanSucks
12-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Saw it for the first time on ATH and PTI today, fuckin funny. Almost as funny as the self-righteous phony outrage some showed to it

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh noes! Spurs stay home on Halloween and dress up like guys from comic books with their friends! Oh the humanity!

BillMc
12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh noes! Spurs stay home on Halloween and dress up like guys from comic books with their friends! Oh the humanity!

This!

Bruno
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I truly don't give a fuck about his whole story and I'm not sure why it makes so much noise on the internet.

It wasn't the smartest move from Parker and Duncan to pose for that poor taste picture but they were just having fun at a Halloween party. It wasn't the smartest/nicest move to post the picture on the internet.

At the end, the league will either do nothing or fine them which doesn't matter. Duncan and Parker have so much money that a fine of a few $10K won't hurt them.

wut
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
does this add to Spurs street cred?

crc21209
12-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Man, we're some straight up thugs now huh? :rolleyes :lol

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Meanwhile, the NFL mourns and turns the locker into a shrine of a man who got drunk, fucked another woman, spent the night at her house, then came home and shot the mother of his child nine times in front of his own mother.

wut
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Man, we're some straight up thugs now huh? :rolleyes :lol
:lol and all it took was a 1/2 season with SJax. ;)

JRHernandez88
12-04-2012, 07:16 PM
beware of them boys in all black... we coming for you.

jimo2305
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
gee how convenient/ironic that tony wears an eyepatch afterall..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
I truly don't give a fuck about his whole story and I'm not sure why it makes so much noise on the internet.

It wasn't the smartest move from Parker and Duncan to pose for that poor taste picture but they were just having fun at a Halloween party. It wasn't the smartest/nicest move to post the picture on the internet.

At the end, the league will either do nothing or fine them which doesn't matter. Duncan and Parker have so much money that a fine of a few $10K won't hurt them.

Exactly. Storm in a teacup... only now the teacup is global, and it's called the Internet, which is the only place something this stupid and obviously harmless could have 50 people worrying about it. :lol

FromWayDowntown
12-06-2012, 09:49 AM
There's a pretty good chance we'll see what Joey thinks about this on Saturday night. He's got tonight's game in Miami and it seems likely, given the Saturday night schedule, that he'll work the Spurs' game in Charlotte.