PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight Howard says desire for championship could lead him away from Lakers

Juggity
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Link (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3721530/dwight-howard-lakers-championship-magic)

Dwight Howard wants an NBA championship above all else, and that means he could be willing to leave Los Angeles if a better opportunity presents itself.

Dwight Howard (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21602/dwight-howard) came to the Los Angeles Lakers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/los-angeles-lakers) because he felt he had a better chance to win an NBA title with that team. But the Lakers stumbled out of the gate and sit at 8-9 overall, in third place in the Pacific Division behind Golden State and the Clippers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/los-angeles-clippers). That start had Howard suggesting recently the he might be willing to leave Los Angeles (http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-dwight-speaks-out-about-time-orlando-and-reasons-wanting-leave-part-2) if he thinks he's more likely to win a title somewhere else.

"So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight."

Howard is averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game this season. The Lakers return to action against Houston on Tuesday.

TheChillFactor
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
17 games and this dude is ready to split.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Laker fans.....

Bruce Wayne
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
He's just being the usual attention whore he's supposed to be. No way he walks from that money.

Brazil
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
:lmao

crc21209
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
:lol Well that didn't take long did it?

lefty
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow what a faggot

Typical Lakers faggotery .........

timvp
12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
"So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal."How about becoming better at basketball?

Clipper Nation
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
So, which team will this faggot be playing on after the trade deadline... Nets? Mavs? Rockets? Clippers (I hope not)?

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Out of context quotes check the original source LG was already in panic mode and debunked this story

Clipper Nation
12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Out of context quotes check the original source LG was already in panic mode and debunked this story
Because LAKERSGROUND is really a trustworthy site on this issue :lol

Richie
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
If he wants to win, no better option than the Spurs this summer. Lets throw him a max deal and see what he says.

In my dreams.

monosylab1k
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
If winning a title is really so important let's see him take the vet minimum and go to Miami.

djohn2oo8
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
So, which team will this faggot be playing on after the trade deadline... Nets? Mavs? Rockets? Clippers (I hope not)?

Asik for Howard... :lol

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
LMAO wasnt there just a thread about how he's not going anywhere? This dudes a clown, he's making LeBron look like a class act. He wants to be traded to a championship contender because obviously he lacks the competitiveness to take his team to the top. FKN CLOWN.

djohn2oo8
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
LMAO wasnt there just a thread about how he's not going anywhere? This dudes a clown, he's making LeBron look like a class act. He wants to be traded to a championship contender because obviously he lacks the competitiveness to take his team to the top. FKN CLOWN.

Yes he is a douche, but who can blame him for not wanting to play Kobeball...

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes he is a douche, but who can blame him for not wanting to play Kobeball...
Yeah i guess, atleast he's doing us a favor by sinking that ship.

djohn2oo8
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
We'll see how serious Dwight is about leaving. He opted instead of going to BKN in order to keep the money. I think next offseason, the SnT no longer allows that. So he'd have to walk, or demand a trade by the deadline.

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Because LAKERSGROUND is really a trustworthy site on this issue :lol

Despite some obvious homers, LG has posters that are as good or better than any on here and that obviously includes myself. There are credentialed posters who contribute to Hoopsworld and ESPN that post regularly. The story linked here was culled from an old article and rehashed. Not saying Dwight won't leave, but thus article is a dated piece of evidence. But feel free to usr this Bleacher Report caliber article to amuse yourselves ....

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Meaning much better posters than me, since I post here more than on LG.

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
the Mitt Romney of basketball

BRHornet45
12-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Sons I've said it before and I'll say it again ... there is no player in the NBA more deserving of a career ending injury than Dwight Howard. He is a sad, yet perfect example of the generation of kids coming up nowadays in this country - lazy, sense of entitlement through the roof, not committed to anything, and in Howard's case doesn't respect the type of money that he is very blessed and lucky to "earn". If Howard wasn't physically blessed with good genetics and wasn't 7ft tall then he would be just another good for nothing bum and behind on his child support payments.

Dwight Howard is a disgrace of a human being and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect as a person. He likes to play the Jesus card as if he is some big Christian only to turn around and throw people under the bus, act like an ungrateful spoiled child, and knock up women all over the place. Typical though I guess.

BillMc
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM
It's out of context. He's really talking about the Orlando situation.

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 03:48 PM

This ...

Clipper Nation
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Considering he had previously talked about always wanting to be in Brooklyn on opening night of the season, I don't buy for a second that he isn't already hinting at leaving the Lakers.... dude is bitchmade, plain and simple....

LkrFan
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Despite some obvious homers, LG has posters that are as good or better than any on here and that obviously includes myself. There are credentialed posters who contribute to Hoopsworld and ESPN that post regularly. The story linked here was culled from an old article and rehashed. Not saying Dwight won't leave, but thus article is a dated piece of evidence. But feel free to usr this Bleacher Report caliber article to amuse yourselves ....
Don't forget LA Times too. LG may not have the bells and whistles ST has, but there are members of the media that moderate that site. In other words, it's a really good site with credible info (sans the newbies and trolls making BS threads, or the obvious homer takes).

NRHector
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Don't forget LA Times too. LG may not have the bells and whistles ST has, but there are members of the media that moderate that site. In other words, it's a really good site with credible info (sans the newbies and trolls making BS threads, or the obvious homer takes).

so you think that the rumors could be true?

Killakobe81
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Exactly. I come here for trash talk and comedy. That is why I seldom correct my poor grammar or typos. LG I talk less trash and I edit more because the posters there are bigger snobs. I enjoy both but I get better bball info there but I LOL here. Especially before the NBA forum turned to shite.

LkrFan
12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
so you think that the rumors could be true?
I suppose it could be, but not likely. Although stranger things have happened before. LeBron left a lot of dough on the table to leave the Cavs. I never though LeBron would leave his hometown team. If he could leave, then Howard could leave. I just doubt it because of the re$ource$ LA will always have to put players around Howard to set him up with a championship caliber team.

Despite the $100M payroll, the Lakers' roster is not set in stone. They will make "Howard friendly" moves to prove to him they will do whatever it takes to put a winner on the floor. At least that's my hope.

DMC
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM

:lmao

Wow why are you so angry about it? Does it really matter?

DMC
12-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I suppose it could be, but not likely. Although stranger things have happened before. LeBron left a lot of dough on the table to leave the Cavs. I never though LeBron would leave his hometown team. If he could leave, then Howard could leave. I just doubt it because of the re$ource$ LA will always have to put players around Howard to set him up with a championship caliber team.

Despite the $100M payroll, the Lakers' roster is not set in stone. They will make "Howard friendly" moves to prove to him they will do whatever it takes to put a winner on the floor. At least that's my hope.

As long as the "whatever it takes" doesn't include Kobe off the bench and a new head coach, right bro?

Koolaid_Man
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM

the only reason I come here is because I'm free to anally rape Spur fan with no fucking rubbers :lol

thanks Kori and Timvp :lol

midnightpulp
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
We told you about this faggot, Lakers fans. But you didn't listen. Rather than trade Baby Drew for this clown, you fans should've petitioned Mitch to allow you all to visit Bynum and bukkake the shit out of his knee. Given how fertile and potent bean3r sperm is, that knee would've been healed in a New York minute.

Latarian Milton
12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
rapist will force him out before he demands it himself if they continue to suck tbh

Stalin
12-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Sons I've said it before and I'll say it again ... there is no player in the NBA more deserving of a career ending injury than Dwight Howard. He is a sad, yet perfect example of the generation of kids coming up nowadays in this country - lazy, sense of entitlement through the roof, not committed to anything, and in Howard's case doesn't respect the type of money that he is very blessed and lucky to "earn". If Howard wasn't physically blessed with good genetics and wasn't 7ft tall then he would be just another good for nothing bum and behind on his child support payments.

Dwight Howard is a disgrace of a human being and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect as a person. He likes to play the Jesus card as if he is some big Christian only to turn around and throw people under the bus, act like an ungrateful spoiled child, and knock up women all over the place. Typical though I guess.

preach it, son

Kai
12-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Kyrie
Waiters
Shabazz
Varajao
Dwight

Game over

AchillesHeel
08-24-2013, 05:47 PM
:lol

Michael Jordan.
08-24-2013, 05:51 PM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/organix85/Michael-Jordan-GIF.gif

Kool Bob Love
08-24-2013, 08:40 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dwight-howard-almost-rocket-2012.png

lefty
08-24-2013, 08:43 PM
WOW :lmao

http://img.izismile.com/img/img5/20120915/1000/funny_set_of_gifs_to_share_your_appreciation_05.gi f

Michael Jordan.
10-05-2013, 02:03 PM

spurraider21
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
:cry we didn't want him anyway
:cry glad the baby is gone
:lol kaman is just as good if not better