12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
how many games will it be?

I say 5-10 each?

Mel_13
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
25-50K fine. No suspension.

Chris
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
As long as it's substantial, and it's sanctioned.

cheguevara
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
unfortunately this is the kind of pic that gets worse the more it is seen. I hope NBA comes out with something soon, because if it gets to CNN/Al Jazerra proportions, Spurs are fucked.

not to mention the timing with the NFL shooting

justinandimcool
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
literally no idea. I could see this being a slap on the wrist with no repercussions whatsoever...I could also see it being 10 games. that fuck commissioner is pretty unpredictable, tbh.

Whisky Dog
12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes because Halloween isn't about dressing up and having fun at all. It's all seriousness and gruesome reality.

If it was just a normal day and they were taking pics holding real guns doing something like that then it'd be a problem. If it was someone with a history of violence, Ron Artest, then it'd be a problem.

It's the dullest personality in the NBA and a French guy. Dressed up like superheroes. On Halloween.

N O T H I N G will happen

hater
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
for yall mofos that say the guns were fake. I heard the party was at Stephen Jackson's house :lol

NRHector
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes because Halloween isn't about dressing up and having fun at all. It's all seriousness and gruesome reality.

If it was just a normal day and they were taking pics holding real guns doing something like that then it'd be a problem. If it was someone with a history of violence, Ron Artest, then it'd be a problem.

It's the dullest personality in the NBA and a French guy. Dressed up like superheroes. On Halloween.

this

capek
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Ya, exactly. There are like 10+ page threads on this photo over on realgm, but that place is filled with idiot 15 year olds, so I'd expect it there. Kinda disappointed to find this crap here, but I guess idiot 15 year olds make up a sizable portion of the internet. :rolleyes

justinandimcool
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
just because you and I think it's nothing doesn't mean Stern will, tbh.

widowmaker
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
just because you and I think it's nothing doesn't mean Stern will, tbh.

yep by now there should be no doubt that stern does not like the spurs.

timvp
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
literally no idea. I could see this being a slap on the wrist with no repercussions whatsoever...I could also see it being 10 games. that fuck commissioner is pretty unpredictable, tbh.

This is where I stand basically. Stern will do whatever Stern wants. Though, at worst I can't imagine more than a game suspension.

My guess would be:

50% chance of fine
40% chance of nothing
10% chance of suspension

Juggity
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
How can Stern not respond to this? Letting it slide would be a sign of weakness on his part, given that this picture is being taken by the media as an affront to his officiating crew.

debo
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
if the name "Crawford" wasnt on that bald guys back, id be inclined to agree that this would just be a shrug off issue. But the fact that it is makes the joke/threat more personal and significant. I would actually be surprised if by the end of the day the NBA hasn't issued a formal statement.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Has the nba even acknowledged this photo yet?

NRHector
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
something good can come out this like Stern not letting Crawford be a ref for any of the Spurs game since he might retaliate with stupid calls against the Spurs

crc21209
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
:lol Overreacting. IF anything it'll be a fine and AT WORST a 1 game suspension. But I highly doubt anything happens...

Nathan89
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
NBA would be very stupid to publicly recognize that image. It would be bad for the image of the league. Also the league needs some players viewed as good guys and Tim Duncan is one of them.

SA210
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Tony at a NY club squabble, Duncan flipping the bird at a fan, Spurs players pointing fake guns at a fake Joey Crawford, Pop sending his starters home as a F.U to Stern...are the Spurs turning into "bad boys"?

:lmao

TheChillFactor
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
how great would it be if stern suspends them after fining them for not playing last week???

KaiRMD1
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
If they get suspended, Stern winds up looking even more stupid than usual.

Old School 44
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
how great would it be if stern suspends them after fining them for not playing last week???

"Restgate" is the best thing that could have happened for Tony and Tim in regards to this photo. All the recent attention will have to affect the "substantial sanctions" that may be coming. And if they do occur, it will just give the the team a bigger "us against the NBA" chip on their shoulder.

foodie2
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Stern won't want to look like he is unfairly keying in on the Spurs, so nothing will happen.

McGusto55
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
for yall mofos that say the guns were fake. I heard the party was at Stephen Jackson's house :lol

shit then those guns are real.....

eric365
12-03-2012, 06:17 PM
NBA would be very stupid to publicly recognize that image. It would be bad for the image of the league. Also the league needs some players viewed as good guys and Tim Duncan is one of them.

The Tim Duncan era is 15 years old. Age where you make pretty stupid things

capek
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
omg they're posing for a photo on Halloween. my heart hurts at how stupid some of you are, thinking this will amount to anything, or IS EVEN WORTHY OF DISCUSSION.

goodbye real world, hello fake internet controversy.

Mel_13
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
omg they're posing for a photo on Halloween. my heart hurts at how stupid some of you are, thinking this will amount to anything, or IS EVEN WORTHY OF DISCUSSION.

goodbye real world, hello fake internet controversy.

It's already amounted to quite a bit as it is being reported on mainstream news and sports sources. The only question is whether tangible consequences will be forthcoming.

spurraider21
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
the fact that they specifically put crawford's name on the back of the ref's outfit was what made me think the league could respond to this. although when i really think about it, the league can't do much. its entirely possible that someone at the party came in as joey crawford as his costume, nothing more, and they then decided to take the picture after the fact. there's not much the league can do, unless they were able to prove that they put this all together and conspired to take such a picture, lol

NRHector
12-03-2012, 07:25 PM
the fact that they specifically put crawford's name on the back of the ref's outfit was what made me think the league could respond to this. although when i really think about it, the league can't do much. its entirely possible that someone at the party came in as joey crawford as his costume, nothing more, and they then decided to take the picture after the fact. there's not much the league can do, unless they were able to prove that they put this all together and conspired to take such a picture, lol

but there's nothing in that pic that show any relation with the NBA, there too many persons with the last name Crawford

elemento
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Nothing happens IMO

racm
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
At worst TP and TD will be fined.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
What I hope to see is it be one game, have us appeal it and then drop the appeal to serve the suspension for a rest day. It would best be on a Thursday.

CGD
12-03-2012, 09:29 PM
It'll all depend if spurs appeal restgate tbh

Captivus
12-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Ok, prepare for super bizarre comment...but in my head it makes sense...
There are moments in life that things happens that represent much more than what they actually are. This is one of those moments.
The Spurs issues are just the inevitable problem that the league has to face. It could have been any other team.
Theres a history "law", i think its called something like the "the big men law" (or at least in Spanish) and it says that people like Hitler, Saddam, Kennedy, Gandhi and these kind of person had nothing special, they just appear because the world need them or wants them. Its not like Einstein. These are normal people and the circunstances of the world just make them important, but they have nothing special per se.
Thats what i think the Spurs are, these are just consequences of what the NBA is doing, Stern and others. The league has all sort of problem and its only natural that at some point something is going to happen.
I only have one thing to say: It has began...

shorttotry
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
There are moments in life that things happens that represent much more than what they actually are. This is one of those moments.
The Spurs issues are just the inevitable problem that the league has to face. It could have been any other team.
Theres a history "law", i think its called something like the "the big men law" (or at least in Spanish) and it says that people like Hitler, Saddam, Kennedy, Gandhi and these kind of person had nothing special, they just appear because the world need them or wants them. Its not like Einstein. These are normal people and the circunstances of the world just make them important, but they have nothing special per se.
Thats what i think the Spurs are, these are just consequences of what the NBA is doing, Stern and others. The league has all sort of problem and its only natural that at some point something is going to happen.

Sooo... You're equating the Spurs with Hitler and Saddam???

Just kidding! But that is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think?

ploto
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Fine - Probably

Suspension - No. It happened away from any NBA activity.

biskvito
12-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't think it's right for NBA to interfere with personal freedom at this level, specially if someone else published the picture.

Phenomanul
12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
If Parker or Duncan get suspended the poster who first leaked the image here should also be suspended... just saying.

Russ
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
As much chance as the league fining the coyote for clowning the refs. Or pretending to steal the other team's plays.

Libri
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
bout tree fiddy

Floyd Pacquiao
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Sanctions are forthcoming

ivanfromwestwood
12-04-2012, 05:07 AM
I wonder who the guy dressed as Danny Crawford is?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-04-2012, 05:54 AM
None. Storm in a teacup, and many of you are PARANOID. :downspin:

dunkman
12-04-2012, 06:40 AM
"Substantial" Stern won't let this thing pass lightly tbh . . .

buttsR4rebounding
12-04-2012, 06:51 AM
The Spurs have already handled it internally. It turns out that the bald was Manu and that Danny Green took the picture. The Spurs suspended all four for the Miami game last week...

Em-City
12-04-2012, 07:22 AM
i hope they're suspended at the end of a back-to-back and before a big home game against a division rival

Captivus
12-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Sooo... You're equating the Spurs with Hitler and Saddam???

Just kidding! But that is a little bit of a stretch, don't you think?

HA! no, im not comparing.
Im just saying with all the things the NBA is doing wrong eventually a team will have bigger problems. Its not because the team is differente than the others, its just because it has to happen, that was my point. I dont think the Spurs are becoming the Bad Guys!

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Instead of being out at a club making it rain, or out drinking with their posse, the Spurs were at someone's house having a Halloween party where they dressed up as superheroes. It's really hard to see how they could be punished for doing something that millions of children were doing at the exact same time.

Buddy Holly
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
LMAO at this thread.

Man In Black
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Since the guy is light-skinned AND bald, don't you think you meant JOEY Crawford aka the guy who ejected Timmy for laughing once?

Darius Bieber
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Crawford referees all Spurs games until he retires, and has to be invited to all parties Tony and Tim go to.

Dex
12-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Crawford referees all Spurs games until he retires, and has to be invited to all parties Tony and Tim go to.

After seeing this picture, he probably won't want to go. :lol

Manufan909
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Instead of being out at a club making it rain, or out drinking with their posse, the Spurs were at someone's house having a Halloween party where they dressed up as superheroes. It's really hard to see how they could be punished for doing something that millions of children were doing at the exact same time.

I see what you did there.

UZER
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM

:lol good one

UZER
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM

Well Duncan is dressed like "THE ONE"...that makes Crawford an agent and Stern the Architect.

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I see what you did there.

:lmao I really wish I'd done that on purpose!

wut
12-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Duncan and Parker need to preempt further damage by releasing an apology for what was meant as a joke in bad taste....because otherwise as mentioned earlier, it could be misconstrued as a threat to Crawford and NBA refs.

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 07:16 PM
If it weren't for Halloween, that fake Joey Crawford would still be unthreatened...

ploto
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Instead of being out at a club making it rain, or out drinking with their posse, the Spurs were at someone's house having a Halloween party...

Not that it really matters, but this party did move onto Tony's nightclub.

Obstructed_View
12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Not that it really matters, but this party did move onto Tony's nightclub.

If it doesn't matter, why did you bother to mention it?

txstr1986
12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
The Spurs have already handled it internally. It turns out that the bald was Manu and that Danny Green took the picture. The Spurs suspended all four for the Miami game last week...

:lol

TampaDude
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
C'mon...nothing will happen. It was fucking Halloween.

maverick1948
12-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Stern cant suspend them. Remember it is a disservice to the league and fans if players dont play in the game. By his own admission, the game means more than the players.

007nites
12-05-2012, 12:53 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/03/tim-duncan-tony-parker-joey-crawford-halloween-guns/1742303/

mudyez
12-06-2012, 09:19 AM

LOL

that raises the questions: Could the Spurs really just suspend their players if they want to sit them? (guess that probably would also erase their paychecks, or can they get payed anyway?

rascal
12-06-2012, 09:38 AM
What if it really was Joey Crawford.

Obstructed_View
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
What if it really was Joey Crawford.

Then it was the lamest costume ever.

Splits
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Duncan addresses the photo: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/12/06/duncan-addresses-halloween-photo/

Tim Duncan padded over to address the media in bare feet Thursday at the Spurs practice facility, the picture of island reserve.

As someone who prizes comfort and privacy, it shouldn’t come as much surprise that Duncan views the leaking of a Halloween picture showing him and teammate Tony Parker holding toy guns to the head of a man dressed as NBA official Joey Crawford with a sort of resigned exasperation.

“It’s this day and age,” Duncan said. “It was a Halloween party in a private atmosphere. We were having fun. There was nothing to it. But this day and age, people want to blow things into something more than it is. Hopefully it’s gone and whatever is whatever.”

The photo, taken at a large Halloween party, began circulating last weekend via various message boards and the popular sports website Deadspin. The national and local media picked up on it not long after, prompting official no comments from the Spurs and the NBA.

Head coach Gregg Popovich said he hadn’t seen the photo when asked about it on Monday. *Teammate Manu Ginobili, who attended the same party as Zorro, said the photo was “very innocent.”

“If somebody dressed like Pop was there,” he said, “I probably would have done the same thing with my little sword. I think it was a joke.”

With five days and two games having passed since the NBA became aware of the photo last Saturday, it’s looking less and less likely that the NBA will take any public disciplinary action. The biggest fallout could be that the already private Duncan will be even less likely to interact with the public — especially after his recent experience at a local drug store.

“You deal with it when it comes and try to take as little pictures as possible with people for that exact reason,” he said.

spursfan09
12-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Man some dumbasses ruin it for everyone. Now Timmy won't ever take a pic with me!

Whisky Dog
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Damn all this fallout is insane. He got suspension. He got suspension. Everybody got suspensions!

The only true fallout is they will stop letting non celebrities in to these types of parties. Thanks for ruining it jackass.

DMC
12-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Damn all this fallout is insane. He got suspension. He got suspension. Everybody got suspensions!

The only true fallout is they will stop letting non celebrities in to these types of parties. Thanks for ruining it jackass.

Yeah we used to go to all of them.

I have some good pics of some big named Spurs, but I don't share.

InRareForm
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Duncan comments:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/tim-duncan-comments-on-halloween-photo-where-he-appears-to-be-threatening-referee-joey-crawford