PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Steve Nash Officially a Laker

timvp
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
-Fails to live up to potential early in his career.

-Mavs made something out of what was essentially nothing.

-Gets fat and unmotivated at end of stint with Mavs.

-Leaves for Phoenix.

-Phoenix trainers get him in the best shape of his life.

-Coach builds offense around him.

-Fans fall in love with him because he's, um, scrappy.

-Wins the two most bogus MVPs in NBA history.

-Spurs fans and the rest of the NBA feels sorry for his inability to win a championship.

-Team eventually starts to suck.

-Phoenix trainers keep working their magic and have Nash playing nearly at the same level of his "MVP" years.

-Says he can't imagine himself playing for the Lakers

-Decides to leave Suns.

-Demands trade to Lakers so "he can remain close to his children"

-Breaks down within minutes of joining the Lakers.

-Phoenix trainers chuckle.

-Fights in court to keep his kids from moving from PHX to LA. (http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/03/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-custody-fight-alejandra/)

-But I thought he was, um, scrappy and would care about his kids.

-Ends up he just pulled a Derek Fisher.

Tbh, I love that the three players I like least in the NBA all landed on the same team.

AaronY
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
It would be great if Nash pulled a Favre and disgraced his image in his last few years

baseline bum
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Tbh, I love that the three players I like least in the NBA all landed on the same team.

Huh? Malone rejoined the team?

DeadlyDynasty
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM
This is sure to get lots of cheap/obligatory laughs b/c of who the OP is.

LkrFan
12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Make det 25 Laker-related or Laker-inspired threads on the front page of the Laker Forum. :lol

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
This is sure to get lots of cheap/obligatory laughs b/c of who the OP is.
all facts son

timvp
12-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Huh? Malone rejoined the team?I think he's busy further soiling his legacy with either the Jazz or La Tech. Haven't checked his twitter lately, tbh.

This is sure to get lots of cheap/obligatory laughs b/c of who the OP is.Effective maneuver. Well played, though wasn't meant as a joke, tbh. I've been battling the ":cryit's bittersweet that we beat the Mavs/Suns in the playoffs because I feel SO bad for Steve Nash:cry" Spurs fans for more than a decade.

jeebus
12-03-2012, 08:31 PM
in before the usual posts

DeadlyDynasty
12-03-2012, 08:33 PM
all facts son
Pretty much. Question though...did Nash actually let himself go on the Mavs, or was that just a euphemism? I ask b/c I honestly don't recall.

jeebus
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Make det 25 Laker-related or Laker-inspired threads on the front page of the Laker Forum. :lol
son, the NBA forum is like a late night talk show. they don't shy away from talking about the people with shitty lives/luck, they pour it on.

Bruce Wayne
12-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Comedians gotta get their material from somewhere dawg...

timvp
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Pretty much. Question though...did Nash actually let himself go on the Mavs, or was that just a euphemism? I ask b/c I honestly don't recall.
Nash admitted to being out of shape after his horrendous 2004 playoffs. The Mavs let him go because he had lingering back issues yet had shown little work ethic to deal with it. Couldn't really blame them at the time since Nash looked absolutely done in those playoffs ... and wasn't too good in that regular season either.

baseline bum
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Effective maneuver. Well played, though wasn't meant as a joke, tbh. I've been battling the ":cryit's bittersweet that we beat the Mavs/Suns in the playoffs because I feel SO bad for Steve Nash:cry" Spurs fans for more than a decade.

:cry I felt BAD for Amare :cry
:cry no more pushups nor Olowokandi posters :cry

Mark in Austin
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Which makes me wonder yet again why Dolan (or given what's going on the new Warriors owners) haven't just made the entire PHX training staff offers they can't refuse.

timvp
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Which makes me wonder yet again why Dolan (or given what's going on the new Warriors owners) haven't just made the entire PHX training staff offers they can't refuse.

Their latest miracle is pretty damn impressive. Taking the rotting corpse of Jermaine O'Neal and raising her PER from 9 to 19 and have him rebounding at the best rate of his career :wow

Why aren't the Suns signing reclamation projects left and right? It still lets you tank, builds trade assets and utilizes the strongest aspect of your franchise.

HI-FI
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I think he's busy further soiling his legacy with either the Jazz or La Tech. Haven't checked his twitter lately, tbh.

Effective maneuver. Well played, though wasn't meant as a joke, tbh. I've been battling the ":cryit's bittersweet that we beat the Mavs/Suns in the playoffs because I feel SO bad for Steve Nash:cry" Spurs fans for more than a decade.

tbh, i was that type of Spurs fan. Nash was my favorite nonSpur, so I was always hoping if we weren't winning that he'd get a ring, but i've turned on him worse than karma has with his injury since joining the Lakers. He looks like a douche and bitch with how all this has panned out, but maybe that's why he's at home in LA.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
:lmao:lmao that story about Steve Nash's custody battle

What a total fraud.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Nash admitted to being out of shape after his horrendous 2004 playoffs. The Mavs let him go because he had lingering back issues yet had shown little work ethic to deal with it. Couldn't really blame them at the time since Nash looked absolutely done in those playoffs ... and wasn't too good in that regular season either.
And since he left Dallas, Dallas became capable of beating the Spurs in a playoff series and started playing championship level defense. They got further without Nash than they ever would have gotten with him.

Bynumite
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Can you do Duncan's timeline circa 2007 until today? How the best PF of all time has been nothing but a frenchman's sidekick since the 07 ship, a glorified Pippen and since then was swept by Nash's Suns and eliminated by the 8 seeded Grizzlies in the first round despite always being surrounded by all star talent and good role players throughout his career.

Mark in Austin
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Their latest miracle is pretty damn impressive. Taking the rotting corpse of Jermaine O'Neal and raising her PER from 9 to 19 and have him rebounding at the best rate of his career :wow

Why aren't the Suns signing reclamation projects left and right? It still lets you tank, builds trade assets and utilizes the strongest aspect of your franchise.

Come to think of it, if I'm Brandon Roy and want to maximize my shot at a legit comeback, why in the hell would I sign anywhere but PHX? (TBH would also be interesting to see what they could do w/ Oden - although making one leg grow a little longer still might be outside their abilities.)

monosylab1k
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
:lmao i couldn't believe the custody battle story. I had to look it up for myself. Holy shit that guy is a douche.

monosylab1k
12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
And since he left Dallas, Dallas became capable of beating the Spurs in a playoff series and started playing championship level defense. They got further without Nash than they ever would have gotten with him.

but what about all those gnsf's (and DAF86) who say ":lmao Mavs could have won multiple titles if they kept Nash! Dull-ass Mavpricks! :lmao :lmao :lmao"

jeebus
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
:cry Nash needs to win at least one ring before he retires. As a Sunfan, we're classy enough to let him go win one in LA with his kids :cry

ChumpDumper
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Can you do Duncan's timeline circa 2007 until today? How the best PF of all time has been nothing but a frenchman's sidekick since the 07 ship, a glorified Pippen and since then was swept by Nash's Suns and eliminated by the 8 seeded Grizzlies in the first round despite always being surrounded by all star talent and good role players throughout his career.E for effort.

Shows you care.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2012, 09:08 PM
but what about all those gnsf's (and DAF86) who say ":lmao Mavs could have won multiple titles if they kept Nash! Dull-ass Mavpricks! :lmao :lmao :lmao"

Imagine if they had Nash, Harris, and Diop all on the same team :wow

DeadlyDynasty
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
E for effort.

Shows you care.
Does it?

jeebus
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM

If Cuban wasn't such an impatient owner, and would have kept Nash, they probably would have had a championship or two by now.

DD
Rocketfan thought it was p:cryssible

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 09:19 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img337/2877/tilaugh.pngGOT DAM THERES A LOT OF LAKER BUTT HURT IN THIS THREAD

Cuppycake Gumdrop
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Rocketfan thought it was p:cryssible
:lol forgot about Rocketfan. also forgot all about my cuppycake gumdrop troll.

timvp
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Can you do Duncan's timeline circa 2007 until today? How the best PF of all time has been nothing but a frenchman's sidekick since the 07 ship, a glorified Pippen and since then was swept by Nash's Suns and eliminated by the 8 seeded Grizzlies in the first round despite always being surrounded by all star talent and good role players throughout his career.
I'll back up to 2006.

-Sucks during the 2006 regular season due to plantar fasciitis.

-Is still able to go HAM in the playoffs.

-Unfortunately, the Mavs were constructed in a way that took advantage of all of the Spurs weaknesses.

-Dirk turns into a monster.

-Mavs beat the Spurs.

-Duncan gets healthy over the summer.

-Plays pissed the entire 2007 season.

-Pulls another peak year of performance out of his azz at age 30.

-Spurs win fourth championship.

-Duncan spends the summer flipping tires to try to get in better shape.

-Comes to shape stronger and more muscular.

-Unfortunately his knees aren't able to carry his bulkier frame.

-Knees plus age end his prime.

-Lose to Lakers in WCF, though that had more to do with Ginobili sucking/injured.

-Duncan's knees don't get much better. Ginobili injured and Mavs beat Spurs in the playoffs.

-Duncan's knees worse than ever next season. Is unable to defend Channing Frye in the playoffs. Spurs gets sw:lolpt by the Suns.

-Spurs play a new uptempo offense that leads to one of the best starts to a season in NBA history.

-Duncan and the Spurs begin to fade at the end of the 2011 season.

-Team sucks for the last couple months.

-Began season so well that they still land first seed.

-Ginobili breaks his arm in the final game of the season.

-Duncan not strong enough to overpower Gasol/Randolph.

-Spurs keep sucking. One-armed Ginobili, that teams best player, had one arm

-Spurs pull a Nuggets/Heat/Mavs and lose as a 1 seed.

-Knees hurt so much that he contemplates retirement.

-Instead, loses a ton of weight in the offseason in an attempt to get quicker.

-Moves from the post to the perimeter.

-Begins the 2012 season looking pretty damn bad.

-Pekovic bends him over.

-Duncan somehow manages to turn back the clock.

-Plays out of his mind to end the 2012 season as the Spurs go on a historic run.

-Duncan beasting in the 2012 playoffs.

-Ibaka turns into Nowitzki. Harden turns into Prime Ginobili. Durant turns into Prime Durant.

(-Spurs also exposed for being a non-defensive team with a gimmick offense used by the bench.)

-Spurs backdoor sw:(pt.

-Duncan signs $30 million, three year contract.

-Instead of resting on his past accolades he shows :cryclass:cry by getting even skinnier and in better shape.

-Begins the season playing better than anyone in the league not named LeBron or Durant.

*spoiler*

-Duncan cools off.

-Spurs probably lose; most likely before the Finals

-Rinse repeat a few more seasons

-Duncan retires with four rings

-Four rings, maggots

-Hell of a ride :(

-Spurs fans excited about being in the lottery

-Learn tough lesson that legendary bigs aren't a god given right

-Play the tanking/rebuilding/tanking game for 20-30 years

-Spurs move to Shanghai

DAF86
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM

I see that little bump of the other thread has you a little upset but you're reaching dog, when have I ever said that? :lol

ChumpDumper
12-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Does it?Yes.

Thank you for asking.

JRHernandez88
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I'll back up to 2006.

-Sucks during the 2006 regular season due to plantar fasciitis.

-Is still able to go HAM in the playoffs.

-Unfortunately, the Mavs were constructed in a way that took advantage of all of the Spurs weaknesses.

-Dirk turns into a monster.

-Mavs beat the Spurs.

-Duncan gets healthy over the summer.

-Plays pissed the entire 2007 season.

-Pulls another peak year of performance out of his azz at age 30.

-Spurs win fourth championship.

-Duncan spends the summer flipping tires to try to get in better shape.

-Comes to shape stronger and more muscular.

-Unfortunately his knees aren't able to carry his bulkier frame.

-Knees plus age end his prime.

-Lose to Lakers in WCF, though that had more to do with Ginobili sucking/injured.

-Duncan's knees don't get much better. Ginobili injured and Mavs beat Spurs in the playoffs.

-Duncan's knees worse than ever next season. Is unable to defend Channing Frye in the playoffs. Spurs gets sw:lolpt by the Suns.

-Spurs play a new uptempo offense that leads to one of the best starts to a season in NBA history.

-Duncan and the Spurs begin to fade at the end of the 2011 season.

-Team sucks for the last couple months.

-Began season so well that they still land first seed.

-Ginobili breaks his arm in the final game of the season.

-Duncan not strong enough to overpower Gasol/Randolph.

-Spurs keep sucking. One-armed Ginobili, that teams best player, had one arm

-Spurs pull a Nuggets/Heat/Mavs and lose as a 1 seed.

-Knees hurt so much that he contemplates retirement.

-Instead, loses a ton of weight in the offseason in an attempt to get quicker.

-Moves from the post to the perimeter.

-Begins the 2012 season looking pretty damn bad.

-Pekovic bends him over.

-Duncan somehow manages to turn back the clock.

-Plays out of his mind to end the 2012 season as the Spurs go on a historic run.

-Duncan beasting in the 2012 playoffs.

-Ibaka turns into Nowitzki. Harden turns into Prime Ginobili. Durant turns into Prime Durant.

(-Spurs also exposed for being a non-defensive team with a gimmick offense used by the bench.)

-Spurs backdoor sw:(pt.

-Duncan signs $30 million, three year contract.

-Instead of resting on his past accolades he shows :cryclass:cry by getting even skinnier and in better shape.

-Begins the season playing better than anyone in the league not named LeBron or Durant.

*spoiler*

-Duncan cools off.

-Spurs probably lose; most likely before the Finals

-Rinse repeat a few more seasons

-Duncan retires with four rings

-Four rings, maggots

-Hell of a ride :(

-Spurs fans excited about being in the lottery

-Learn tough lesson that legendary bigs aren't a god given right

-Play the tanking/rebuilding/tanking game for 20-30 years

-Spurs move to Shanghai
thats a beautiful story up until the spoiler :cry

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/2228/timduncanokthatsenuf.pngit cant end like that tho

ElNono
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img337/2877/tilaugh.pngGOT DAM THERES A LOT OF LAKER BUTT HURT IN THIS THREAD

:lol

Clipper Nation
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
You mean the timeline of how Duncan still has more regular season and Finals MVP's than Kobe even with all your salty hate? :lol

timvp
12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
thats a beautiful story up until the spoiler :cry

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/2228/timduncanokthatsenuf.pngit cant end like that tho

Four rings in a small market is beautiful regardless, tbh :cry

lefty
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/Thomzilla/FarK/Butthurt-Butthurt-everywhere.jpg

12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
the only thing bad about 4 rings is that kobe nuthuggers will forever use the fact that kobe has 5 rings to argue that he was a better and more accomplished player than duncan. even though 9/10 GMs would pick duncan over kobe to start their teams.

timvp
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
the only thing bad about 4 rings is that kobe nuthuggers will forever use the fact that kobe has 5 rings to argue that he was a better and more accomplished player than duncan. even though 9/10 GMs would pick duncan over kobe to start their teams.

Meh the Lakers should win every year. They can get whatever player they want whenever they want. The Lakers won championships before Kobe and will win championships after him. If you're lucky enough to stick around with the Lakers for 10-15 years, you're going to get 5+ rings regardless.

Props to the Lakers on their past championships and future championships, tbh.

baseline bum
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM

:lol

Always has to be a Kahn I guess.

JRHernandez88
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Truth.

5 is even better tho :toast

Seventyniner
12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow.

I bet timvp came when Horry hip-checked Nash into orbit.

irishock
04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
:lol master post by TIMVP