PDA

View Full Version : NFL ATS Picks, Week 14

Ghazi
12-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Went 5-2 last week. Giants was my worst pick of the week... I figured they would move the ball but underrated their lousy rush defense and the neutralization of their pass rush against RG III.

Early leans:

Denver -10 - laying 10 points in a road game is usually a bad idea... but I can't see any reason not to pick Denver here. Denver along with Houston/San Fran are the 3 most "complete" teams IMO... Denver has a pass rush and an elite QB... Oakland has NO pass rush whatsoever and is horrible against the pass... spells disaster against Manning. Their offense is alright, but I don't think they can keep this game close.

Minnesota +3- This is a revenge spot for the Vikes, as they lost to the Bears 2 weeks ago. the Bears offensive line is still horrible, but relying on Ponder against that defense is risky. The stats on Chicago's run D v Minnesota's run O are interesting. Minny is really weak at power running while Chicago is really good at containing power run... while Minny is really strong at open field/5+ runs (obviously w/ AD) while Chicago is weak defensively. Obviously Chicago's scheme plays a factor in that. I think the value lies in taking the points here.

Miami +10- Miami's running defense is pretty strong, which could be a problem as SF is highly reliant on the run. Miami has allowed less than 2 offensive TD's in 9/12 games this year and has lost 2 OT games, and 3 games by 3 points. It's a competitive football team. Lots of value in taking 10 points here, even against a complete team like San Fran.

Redskins -1- Baltimore is an average football team in nearly all phases despite their 9-3 record. Their running defense is mediocre. After watching Washington on Monday I think their offense is a nightmare to defend. Washington fields an average defense, not a bad defense... their offense is among the best in the league. I like Washington a lot here.

Cincy -3 - This stood out to me immediately, I might make an early bet on this... Watching Bengals v the Chargers I noticed... this team is pretty physical... running the ball and their linemen on D have motors... one of the best pass rushes in the league... dynamic receivers, physical run game. This is actually a pretty good football team. The Cowboys... decent pass rush, but pretty average in all other phases.

Texans +4 ... I hate the idea of fading Brady, but Houston to me is a complete team with no weaknesses... the QB is there, the run game is there, they have an elite WR... they have a pass rush... New England on the other hand is still weak defensively, Gronk is out...against the 3 best defensive teams they've played this year (AZ/SEA/MIA), they've been held under 24 points... but yes their offense is explosive and the Texans LBs have been ravaged by injuries... still think a lot of value lies in taking the points in what expects to be a really good/close game.

Avante
12-04-2012, 06:36 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

I goof around here because it's funny watching the kids. In reality I use Jason as my $$$$ maker. Been with him a few seasons now, he is a winner.

Friday mornings at 8:30 Pacific Colin Cowherd on...The Herd...picks 5 games, the guy is smoking. I use his picks also. He's something like 45-20.

I look at a number of historical trends/stats, pick the games I like then see what Jason and Colin have to say. Haven't had a losing week all season. 110 to win a 100, I look for three games where I liked it, Jason liked it as did Colin.

I also look at what Wickersham/Mortensen think. Ideal scenario is everyone agrees on a favorite winning the game. I don't worry about the number.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I also use this site.
http://www.thespread.com/nfl

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

I goof around here because it's funny watching the kids. In reality I use Jason as my $$$$ maker. Been with him a few seasons now, he is a winner.

Friday mornings at 8:30 Pacific Colin Cowherd on...The Herd...picks 5 games, the guy is smoking. I use his picks also. He's something like 45-20Cool.

What's your record this season?

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Cool.

What's your record this season?

I actually don't talk about the real stuff on the internet. It's really not cool.

GoodOdor
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
I actually don't talk about the real stuff on the internet. It's really not cool.

So you pretend to suck at betting on purpose?

Okay.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I actually don't talk about the real stuff on the internet. It's really not cool.So you've been posting fake picks all season?

That's cool?

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
So you pretend to suck at betting on purpose?

Okay.

I'm playing my sons picks. It's a kick watching how everybody acts over it.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm playing my sons picks. It's a kick watching how everybody acts over it.So what's the record of his picks you are playing?

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
So you've been posting fake picks all season?

That's cool?

Not fake just not my own, my son thinks he can pick, hahaha!!!!!! Just having some fuin with it. I go with that guy Jason, Cowherd and that other site. I do pick my plays,looking for agreement.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
So it's cool to throw your own son under the bus on an internet message board whose members' opinions you claim matter not to you, but it's not cool to post the results of your own picks this season when you have posted what you claim to have been the overall results of your picks since you started betting.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
So what's the record of his picks you are playing?

I really don't know, don't even keep up with it, well aware that others will let me know but don't really pay any attention. You don't talk about real $$$$$ on a web site, rude.

Blake
12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Updated: 38-37-1

You guarantee 70%.

You guaranteed you would be hahahahahaing in the end.

This isn't 70%.

Hahahahahahaha

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I really don't know, don't even keep up with it, well aware that others will let me know but don't really pay any attention. You don't talk about real $$$$$ on a web site, rude.But you talk about making real money on football all the time and you recently said your picks on this site are close to even.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
So it's cool to throw your own son under the bus on an internet message board whose members' opinions you claim matter not to you, but it's not cool to post the results of your own picks this season when you have posted what you claim to have been the overall results of your picks since you started betting.

It was his idea, he gets a kick out of the reaction, no big deal. This week his best friend is going to pick.

Once I saw the climate here and all these young kids without a clue I decided to have some fun and it has been, and will be.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
But you talk about making real money on football all the time and you recently said your picks on this site are close to even.

Masons picks are about even (so I as told) but he doesn't play real money. I do with my plays.

I've been doing this for about 10 years seriously.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
It was his idea, he gets a kick out of the reaction, no big deal. This week his best friend is going to pick.

Once I saw the climate here and all these young kids without a clue I decided to have some fun and it has been, and will be.There was no reason whatsoever to reveal this information to the people on this message board about whose opinions you claim not to care.

Blake

Once I saw the climate here and all these young kids without a clue I decided to have some fun and it has been, and will be.

you thought you would show off if you hit 70% or pretend like it was all a joke if you didn't.

Hahahahahahaha.

ChumpDumper
Masons picks are about even but he doesn't play real money. I do with my plays.So where have you posted your plays?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't you like to know! Rude!

gaKNOW!blee
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow this is the lamest cop out I've ever fucking seen.

Let me guess...that infamous easy money of lions -7 vs the rams was your son too?

Be a man...admit you suck at picking NFL games.

johnsmith
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM

You and your unemployed faggot son have ruined what used to be a good nfl forum....good job fat ass!

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
There was no reason whatsoever to reveal this information to the people on this message board about whose opinions you claim not to care.

All I do is play what Jason and Colin play. Once in a great while I might go with something I really like also. I tried to pick on my own, I was hitting about 55-60%. Those guys are far better than myself.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I'll have you all know that I'm 100% this year with my secret, definitely-not-someone-else's picks I make somewhere else that I really made for reals.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
All I do is play what Jason and Colin play. Once in a great while I might go with something I really like also. I tried to pick on my own, I was hitting about 55-60%. Those guys are far better than myself.So when you made your own picks you were hitting at around the clip that the picks you posted and claimed you weren't yours this season.

Yeah....

johnsmith
12-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Liar, chubby, constantly on the Internet.....wow you're a fucking loser.

Avante
Wow this is the lamest cop out I've ever fucking seen.

Let me guess...that infamous easy money of lions -7 vs the rams was your son too?

Be a man...admit you suck at picking NFL games.

Why would I pick when we have Jason hitting and Cowherd hitting like they do? There are also other sites out there you can get some plays.

johnsmith
Why the fuck hasn't this clown been banned?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Why would I pick when we have Jason hitting and Cowherd hitting like they do? There are also other sites out there you can get some plays.So you're really not that good at making your own picks.

Thanks.

We already knew that from the picks you posted here, but it's refreshing to hear it from you.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:36 PM
So when you made your own picks you were hitting at around the clip that the picks you posted and claimed you weren't yours this season.

Yeah....

The internet is full of guys wanting to show off their ability to pick games, tons! So you find a few who really are good at it, now if you see a bunch of them agreeing on a play chances are it's pretty solid and it usually is.

Cowherd has gone 4-1 for a couple months now until this week, where he went 3-2, I played all those plays and the consensus over at CBS.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:38 PM
So you're really not that good at making your own picks.

Thanks.

We already knew that from the picks you posted here, but it's refreshing to hear it from you.

I haven't picked any games here, yes my 19 year old has aways to go.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
The internet is full of guys wanting to show off their ability to pick games, tons!Yes, I am quite familiar with the type. Always bragging about how good their records is over the years and how much money they've won doing it....

I find many of them have very fragile egos and start making all kinds of lame excuses when their record of actual, tangible, recorded picks doesn't match the legend they have created for themselves in advance of making said picks.

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, I am quite familiar with the type. Always bragging about how good their records is over the years and how much money they've won doing it....

I find many of them have very fragile egos and start making all kinds of lame excuses when their record of actual, tangible, recorded picks doesn't match the legend they have created for themselves in advance of making said picks.

But most of them wouldn't stoop so low as to throw their own son under the bus by changing their story and claiming that the picks were his son's when the picks live up to legendary expectations.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
But most of them wouldn't stoop so low as to throw their own son under the bus by changing their story and claiming that the picks were his son's when the picks live up to legendary expectations.It's difficult to imagine that level of insecurity tbh.

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
:lol And I guess that if the picks actually did hit 70%, do you think he would have magically said "Hey guys, they were actally my son's picks!" :lmao

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Yes, I am quite familiar with the type. Always bragging about how good their records is over the years and how much money they've won doing it....

I do study using the methods that Wayne Root teachs, I also have all the stats and trends thanks to another gambling guru Mark Lawrence. I have a couple books on the fundamentals and yes they do exist. But to be great at it it takes time and a lot of it. So I take a few hours ona Monday night while watching the games, pick the 5-7 plays I like then on Wednesday check with Jason at CBS seeing if he agrees then on Friday check out Cowherds 5 plays. Obviously looking for agreement. Works like a charm.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
But most of them wouldn't stoop so low as to throw their own son under the bus by changing their story and claiming that the picks were his son's when the picks live up to legendary expectations.

Like I said it was his idea, I never talk real business on the internet.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I do study using the methods that Wayne Root teachs, I also have all the stats and trends thanks to another gambling guru Mark Lawrence. I have a couple books on the fundamentals and yes they do exist. But to be great at it it takes time and a lot of it. So I take a fw hours ona Monday night wgile watching the games, pick the 5-7 play s I like then on Wednesday check with Jason at CBS seeing if he agrees then on Friday check out Cowherds 5 plays. Obviously looking for agreement. Works lie a charm.You're breaking your rule about how you actually make picks.

This site is strictly for make believe.

Except me, of course I'm 100% for realsies.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Like I said it was his idea, I never talk real business on the internet.So when you say you have a good record and make money, it is not to be believed.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
So when you say you have a good record and make money, it is not to be believed.

It doesn't really matter what you believe all I can tell you is right over there....Marc Lawrence Playbook...choked full of every stat/trend/betting angle there is. I have that book for a reason, why do I know about Jason, why do I watch The Herd? How come I can take you to anoher half dozen sites talking point spread winners? Why do I even talk about it at all?

Denver at Oakland. Denver better than ever the Raiders totally sucking, sure we'll see the Raiders as a double digit dog, but the number won't be too big. The Broncos without Manning 4-1 vs the spread in this "spot'. The Raiders giving up tons of points now here comes Peyton Manning. The Broncos need the game, the Raders want to go home, call it a season.

I like that play, now I'll see what others think. Maybe I'm on the wrong side there something I'm missing.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
It doesn't matter matter what you believe all I can tell you is rright over there....Marc Lawrence Playbook...choked fullof ever stat/trend/betting angle there is. I have that book fora reason, why do I know about Jason, why do I watch The Herd? How come I can take you to anoher half dozen sites talking point spread winners? Why do I even talk about it at all?You wouldn't talk about it here if it was real business.

It's your rule.

I think it's a pretty stupid rule tbh, but it's yours. You either follow what you say is your rule or you don't.

Blake
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
All I do is play what Jason and Colin play. Once in a great while I might go with something I really like also. I tried to pick on my own, I was hitting about 55-60%. Those guys are far better than myself.

Well at least you finally admit to everyone what a lying piece of shit you are that is no better at predicting games than a little girl who picks the 49ers because her mom and mom live in San Francisco.

More importantly, you admit how much of a lying, retarded piece of shit you are to yourself. :tu

Blake
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
:lol And I guess that if the picks actually did hit 70%, do you think he would have magically said "Hey guys, they were actally my son's picks!" :lmao

Odds of him taking credit for hitting 70% > 70%

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Nobody hits 70% vs the spread over a season. If they say they do they are lying. I can't believe anyone would buy that obvious bullshit, but they did.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Nobody hits 70% vs the spread over a season. If they say they do they are lying. I can't believe anyone would buy that obvious bullshit, but they did.It's quite clear no one bought it.

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
It's quite clear no one bought it.

I disagree, if somebody told me that I 'm...."good luck and done with him". Once I saw the type of posters here fuck it why not have some fun and we did. I tried to talk seriously all I got was bullshit, so fuck it.

GoodOdor
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
throwing mason under the bus:lol

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I disagree, if somebody told me that I 'm...."good luck and done with him". Once I saw the type of posters here fuck it why not have some fun and we did. I tried to talk seriously all I got was bullshit, so fuck it.You said yourself you can't talk about real business on the internets, so everything you have posted about betting has been a lie.

I'd venture a guess that most posters here figured a great percentage of it was lies already, so bumping it up to 100% isn't much of a stretch. Certainly isn't for me.

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Okok...

One day I'm laughing about something here, Mason walks by.."what's so funny"...he ended up..."how about I pick the games, might be fun"...and it has been for him. He digs into that magazine and really does work at it. Then to read all the shit, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
You said yourself you can't talk about real business on the internets, so everything you have posted about betting has been a lie.

I'd venture a guess that most posters here figured a great percentage of it was lies already, so bumping it up to 100% isn't much of a stretch. Certainly isn't for me.

Why would I be posting links to places that pick games? I bet real money and have been for years. I just don't talk about the real nuts and bolts about it on the internet. Nobody hangs out at pick um sites fior the fuck of it.

DeadlyDynasty
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Did he seriously throw his own flesh and blood under the bus?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Okok...

One day I'm laughing about something here, Mason walks by.."what's so funny"...he ended up..."how about I pick the games, might be fun"...and it has been for him. He digs into that magazine and really does work at it. Then to read all the shit, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!What a great story!

Timely and utterly convenient!

Seriously raZon, it's OK that you're not that good at making your own picks. It's only a big deal because you made it out to be a big deal.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Did he seriously throw his own flesh and blood under the bus?One must have one's priorities in order.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Okok...

One day I'm laughing about something here, Mason walks by.."what's so funny"...he ended up..."how about I pick the games, might be fun"...and it has been for him. He digs into that magazine and really does work at it. Then to read all the shit, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!What NFL week was this?

I'm gong to bet it was week 1.

Am I right?

Blake
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Nobody hits 70% vs the spread over a season. If they say they do they are lying. I can't believe anyone would buy that obvious bullshit, but they did.

You were so adamant in claiming that you could hit 70%.

I can't believe someone would purposely make themselves look so untruthful, fat, old and retarded knowing that from here on out, bullshit with an exclamation mark will be called instead of with a question mark.

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
What NFL week was this?

I'm gong to bet it was week 1.

Am I right?

It had to be since I never give out free plays. I might agree with someone or give an opinion on a game they mentioned.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
It had to be since I never give out free plays.Hey, I won the bet!

That's good, since you admitted your plays aren't all that great. You have to depend on people who have a real provable record and aren't afraid to talk real business in public.

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Hey, I won the bet!

That's good, since you admitted your plays aren't all that great. You have to depend on people who have a real provable record and aren't afraid to talk real business in public.

This is business, no time to be fucking around with..."see me I'm a pick um fool".....I'm into making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Knowing where to get that edge is part of it. I win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That is the bottom line.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
This is business, no time to be fucking around with..."see me I'm a pick um fool".....I'm into to making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Knowing where to get that edge is part of it. I win $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That is the bottom line.Um, sorry. You just said all you have done from the beginning here is fuck around.

You need to make a flowchart to track your lies and predict where they run into each other, raZon.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
And why wouldn't someone post his picks?

If one is good at it, why not spread the wealth? It's not like posters have to bet against each other.

None of what you have posted today makes any sense unless it's seen as a crazed attempt to preserve what you perceive to be your reputation as some kind of football betting genius.

And that is seriously sad.

Avante
12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
And why wouldn't someone post his picks?

If one is good at it, why not spread the wealth? It's not like posters have to bet against each other.

None of what you have posted today makes any sense unless it's seen as a crazed attempt to preserve what you perceive to be your reputation as some kind of football betting genius.

And that is seriously sad.

I don't know what else to tell you, it's like I said it was. Believe whatevrer you like it really doesn't matter.

Blake
12-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know what else to tell you, it's like I said it was. Believe whatevrer you like it really doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what you claim any more.

You are so far down the welch hole that there is literally nothing left for you to do but kill your e-self.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I tried to pick on my own, I was hitting about 55-60%. Those guys are far better than myself.

So your 70% thing was 100% a fabricated lie.

Yeah, you definitely don't care about our opinion of you the way you lie about stuff to make yourself look legendary.

:lmao Mason
:lmao using your dead beat son as the cop out for your shitty picks

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-04-2012, 06:55 PM
:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Like I said it was his idea, I never talk real business on the internet.

:lmao right, you willingly reveal your wife's name, your son's name and your name, but sports betting is too personal for you to talk about on the internet

Avante
12-04-2012, 07:02 PM
:lmao right, you willingly reveal your wife's name, your son's name and your name, but sports betting is too personal for you to talk about on the internet

But did I really?

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't know what else to tell you, it's like I said it was. Believe whatevrer you like it really doesn't matter.If it truly didn't matter to you, you never would have brought it up in an attempt to salvage your made up legend.

BUMP
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
big 'umpdump, slingin that wood grain...

bullyin' darker shades of males in the area below the rim with equidimensional lines that are spaced perpendicularly and parallel from each other

Ghazi
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
locked in: Denver -9.5, Cincy -3

crossed a few leans off the list... still leaning Redskins -2.5, Texans +3.5, Giants -5 and thinking of a pick for the Packers/Lions game... that one's tough.

like I said with Denver, laying 10 on the road is usually not wirse... and 8+ point home dogs are 23-2 ATS last 3 years... but I cannot see any reason not to back Denver here. the Oakland defense is downright atrocious right now to the point their own players are admitting it. 7.1 yards per play allowed over the last 5 games and nearly 38 points. Their offense puts up yards sometimes, but not points. Denver is a complete team with an elite QB and a great pass rush... Denver won 37-6 last time and as expected, Manning shredded them. The coach of Oakland appears on the way out. Oakland only keeps this close with turnovers or Denver shooting themselves in the foot with stalled drives/penalties, and I'm not gonna rely on that.

Avante
12-06-2012, 01:41 AM
locked in: Denver -9.5, Cincy -3

crossed a few leans off the list... still leaning Redskins -2.5, Texans +3.5, Giants -5 and thinking of a pick for the Packers/Lions game... that one's tough.

like I said with Denver, laying 10 on the road is usually not wirse... and 8+ point home dogs are 23-2 ATS last 3 years... but I cannot see any reason not to back Denver here. the Oakland defense is downright atrocious right now to the point their own players are admitting it. 7.1 yards per play allowed over the last 5 games and nearly 38 points. Their offense puts up yards sometimes, but not points. Denver is a complete team with an elite QB and a great pass rush... Denver won 37-6 last time and as expected, Manning shredded them. The coach of Oakland appears on the way out. Oakland only keeps this close with turnovers or Denver shooting themselves in the foot with stalled drives/penalties, and I'm not gonna rely on that.

Denver is a plus 105 as far as points scored/given up, Oakland a weak minus 121. Denver is 4-2 on the road, Oakland a weak 2-4 at home. Denver a 7 game winning streak, Oakland a 5 game losing streak.

Cinncy is 4-0 in this "spot" the last 4 vs Dallas.

Only way Denver doesn't cover is they aren't in the mood to play. Which does happen. I don't see that happening on one of these big only game going on deals.

Blake
12-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Denver is a plus 105 as far as points scored/given up, Oakland a weak minus 121. Denver is 4-2 on the road, Oakland a weak 2-4 at home. Denver a 7 game winning streak, Oakland a 5 game losing streak.

Cinncy is 4-0 in this "spot" the last 4 vs Dallas.

Only way Denver doesn't cover is they aren't in the mood to play. Which does happen. I don't see that happening on one of these big only game going on deals.

Avante if he's right.

Starving hit by bus Mason if he's wrong.

gaKNOW!blee
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah avante, a team right in the middle of a heated race for HFA won't want to play...that really happens this time of year.

Blake
12-07-2012, 09:04 AM

Nice work, Mason. :tu

Ghazi
12-08-2012, 02:01 AM
locked in: Cincy -3

I think Dallas is simply an average team and I'll swallow the 3 points with a Bengals team that has a pretty good pass rush, linemen with motors, physical running game, and great receivers and a solid QB. Cincy is good.

leans:

Minnesota +3- as hard as it is to trust Christian Ponder, I still get the Vikes at home where they're 5-1 on the year against one of the worst offenses in the league. the Bears offensive line is bad by all measures. run blocking, pass protecting you name it. This Bears team has struggled the past 4 weeks, and generated 8 TDs off defense/special teams this year. I think you can call this kind of lucky. Plus the immediate revenge factor for the Vikes, who lost to the Bears 2 weeks ago. Peterson is the best player on the field..

Panthers +3.5 - don't look at records... Panthers have 2 losses via last second FG and an OT loss to the Bucs... Falcons are usually on the lucky end in these close games. It's 11-1 v 3-9... but it's more like 9-3 v 6-6. I took the Falcons -3.5 last week against the Saints but they did not pass the eye test. Their interior routinely got blown up preventing clean pockets for Ryan... and the Panthers defensive line is better than the Saints..they also needed 5 Brees interceptions. Quite frankly, they were outplayed for the majority of the last 3 quarters. They (PAnthers) sacked Ryan 7 times last time. Falcons have no running game, but are also bad defending the run. All I can really say is I haven't watched the Panthers at all this year but they check out as average in a lot of categories, but there's value in them getting spotted 3.5 points at home against a slightly above average Falcons team. It's interesting to note the Panthers average 5.8 yards per play and allow 5.3 yards per play. This +.5 difference is actually one of the better marks in the league, only behind the Broncos and Niners. I'm not saying this stat is that telling, but I think it shows the Panthers are probably the best "bad team" in the league, while the Falcons are the worst "good team" in the league.

Redskins -3 - I'm not necessarily just sipping the RG III Kool Aid, I just think the Ravens, like the Falcons, have an inflated record. It took a miracle 4th and 29 conversion to beat the Chargers, they had 0 offensive TDs in a win v the Steelers, close win v Chiefs, lucky win v Patriots... I mean, the Ravens aren't excellent in any category really. They've also had trouble stopping the run... I think the Redskins' dynamic offense w/ RG III/Morris/Shanahan will give the Ravens fits, so I'll gladly swallow the 3 points. I also don't think Flacco is fully capable of exposing this weak secondary, although he does well against blitzes.

Ghazi
12-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Texans +3.5 - Maybe part of me is just a gambler, because I always feel an urge to bet MNF... unfortunately, I have very little confidence with this pick. Let's just say if the line was pick em or Texans +2.5 I would probably take the Pats. But when I'm getting more than a FG I have to take the more well rounded team with the better defense. Schaub and his receivers can definitely expose this horrendous Patriots pass defense.. but it's hard to guage whether JJ Watt will be disruptive enough to slow down this Pats' offense. Anyway, when I'm getting points in a game between two really good teams, I'll take it if it comes with the team with the better defense.

I don't buy into "don't bet against BRady on primetime" that much... yes he's 12-4, but all that matters is 2012 Texans v 2012 Patriots... what Brady has done in the past doesn't really mater.

BTW, part of me for some reason could see the Patriots blowing the Texans out. I'm probably gonna take the Texans, unless the line magically moves beneath 3... but this would be my least confident pick of the week.

Ghazi
12-09-2012, 02:25 AM
locked in: Bengals -3, Redskins -3, Vikings +3, Panthers +3.5, Steelers -1/Under 46.5 Teaser

Ghazi
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
3-2-1 on the week

Denver -9.5 W
Minnesota +3 W
Carolina +3.5 W
Bengals -3 L
Redskins -3 T
Lions +6 L

Avante
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Winners

Denver
GB
Tenn
Caro
Cleve

losers

Pitt
Jax
Miami

Have NE tonight minus the points

johnsmith
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Winners

Denver
GB
Tenn
Caro
Cleve

losers

Pitt
Jax
Miami

Have NE tonight minus the points

You might as well preface all your gambling posts with "the following is a lie":

Avante
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
paste

Ok so far for week 14

Pitt-6.5
Jax + 2.5
NE-4.5
GB-6.5
Den - 10.5
Mia + 10.5

Now add...

Tenn + 5.5
Caro + 3.5
Cleve - 6.5

Blake
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Throwing starving skin and bones Mason under bus per par etc

ChumpDumper
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
You might as well preface all your gambling posts with "the following is a lie":Shit. I'm still 100% on my real picks.

Avante
12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Shit. I'm still 100% on my real picks.

Those are my real picks, notice...paste..?

dirk4mvp
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
:lol Big Ghaz the superior sports gambler to welchvante

Ok man you win, I just found you guys boring and lacking any real knowledge about the game, tried to add something other than the dailey news. I really had no business here to begin with. Rating the black QB's.......what the fuck? Have fun out dumbing each other.

Gone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avante
12-10-2012, 03:40 PM
:lol Big Ghaz the superior sports gambler to welchvante

Sounds like a match to me.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Not fake just not my own, my son thinks he can pick, hahaha!!!!!! Just having some fuin with it. I go with that guy Jason, Cowherd and that other site. I do pick my plays,looking for agreement.

Bumping so the newbies can see how much of a lying, welching faggot Avante truly is.... :lmao

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 01:10 PM
how old is mason, tbh? he talks about his son like a 9 year old got a hold of his computer, and yet he talks about how he remembers watching Joe Namath play

Clipper Nation
04-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Another historic moment of NFL Forum stupidity right here.

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 11:02 AM
tom savage tbh

Avante
04-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Too late stupid, I told you numerous times to slow down give things some time, well ya ignored that wiith....TOM SAVAGHE THE BEST....

Now look at yourself trying to get off that stupity, well it won;t work.

Still my fav....

Avante,,,check out soeedster Tyreek Hilll, cat is a blurr.
Clipper Nation...hahhahaha he muffed a punt

The next time he returned a punt 75 yards TD

And the guy has starred ever since. So what has the idiot CN ever said about this...yep...0.

And, the dummy thinks Derek Anderson is betterthan Cam Newton,,,,hahahaha~~~~~~~~

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Too late stupid, I told you numerous times to slow down give things some time, well ya ignored that wiith....TOM SAVAGHE THE BEST....

Now look at yourself trying to get off that stupity, well it won;t work.

Still my fav....

Avante,,,check out soeedster Tyreek Hilll, cat is a blurr.
Clipper Nation...hahhahaha he muffed a punt

The next time he returned a punt 75 yards TD

And the guy has starred ever since. So what has the idiot CN ever said about this...yep...0.

And, the dummy thinks Derek Anderson is betterthan Cam Newton,,,,hahahaha~~~~~~~~
Hill has only played sparingly on special teams since 2016.

Avante
04-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Hill has only played sparingly on special teams since 2016.

78 returns is sparingly?

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tyreek-hill-player-stats