PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

AussieFanKurt
12-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Lets hear your experience. I'm having mine out next week and heard plenty of stories.

z0sa
12-04-2012, 04:19 AM
doctor used shots of something to numb my mouth and didn't use enough. So I'm lying here fully conscious and part of the way through the surgery i start to feel intense pain that's getting worse and worse. Finally I motion to him that I am feeling pai, so he uses more shots to numb everything down again. After that I felt okay but the numbness lasted a long ass time after the surgery, although part of that mightve been the painkillers.

Wild Cobra
12-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Lets hear your experience. I'm having mine out next week and heard plenty of stories.
I have all 32 teeth. I have a fully developed jaw, and never had problems with them.

ColinB
12-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Mine were taken out last December. I only had 3 though. Bottom is the worst supposedly, so luckily I only had one there. Anyway, I was knocked out during the whole thing so it wasn't bad at all. Pain afterward wasn't unbearable. Got lots of Vicodin and 2 refills, which made it worth it.

resistanze
12-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Almost 2 years ago got them taken out. Laughing gas then a sedative to knock me out. Stupid assistant need three attempts to get the needle in my veins for the IV sedative - she's lucky I was loopy from the N2O. Anyways bottom part of my lip had no feeling for the first 3 hours after surgery (frozen) but I was scared he caused nerve damage :lol

Bloody and lots of gunk, but not horribly painful, took 1 or 2 T3s.

The Reckoning
12-04-2012, 08:06 AM
i was smoking cigs and jumping off diving boards the day i got mine out because the codeine was nice...

my face grew 3 times its size and i had puss squirting out of the sockets for the next month. lol take it easy when you get them out.

lebomb
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
When I was alot younger and married, I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at once. The dentist gave me laughing gas based on how much beer I could drink..........stupid EX wife yelled out "at least a 12 pack". Dentist gave me so much gas, that I almost fell asleep. He had to nudge me several times.........because you DONT want to fall asleep. That could have been the last breath a niggra took. Wonder if she was tryin to off me???? :wow I looked like the chipmunks for at least 2 weeks. :depressed

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
If they're showing, that will cut back on the blood and, I think, the pain afterwards. Mine were showing so there were no incisions and I really had no pain at all afterwards. I just took one pill of the pain reliever they prescribed, I puked then stopped taking them. I sold them to some pillpopper at my job. If they're not showing, I've heard it gets messier. Good luck.

Latarian Milton
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
fake teeth suck tbh, it feels like wearing a condom in your mouth but u had better implant it in place of the lost real tooth to maintain a stable structure, otherwise there would be risk of losing your all teeth tbh.

leemajors
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Do not touch anything carbonated for at least a week after. it will rip off your clots and give you dry socket, which you do not want ever.

Rip-Hamilton32
12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Had mine removed and didn't even need painkillers the next day at work. Heard some stories about how painful it was going into it and it turned out pretty much painless for me.

mrsmaalox
12-04-2012, 09:59 AM
If they've erupted, your general dentist can remove them; it should be pretty uncomplicated and the recovery just like any tooth extraction.

If they haven't erupted it's more complicated and you'll have it done by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. 2 of my kids have had it done in the last couple of years and it hasn't been bad. General anesthesia was great, my son required one dose of vicodin when we got home and then switched to Motrin for a couple of days. My daughter, the Queen of Drama, had more pain, was very miserable for the first 24 hours then did fine with the Motrin. The swelling is always worse the next day, I think it's very beneficial to do the alternating warm/cold packs as instructed and to take it easy for a day to avoid any complications.

Most of the experiences I've heard of these days have been straightforward and uneventful. Quite different from my experience 20 years ago in college, where I hooked up with an ER resident and his dental student wife and had a "free" extraction of 4 impacted wisdom teeth in their garage with a stolen tank of nitrous oxide......

cantthinkofanything
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
If they've erupted, your general dentist can remove them; it should be pretty uncomplicated and the recovery just like any tooth extraction.

If they haven't erupted it's more complicated and you'll have it done by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. 2 of my kids have had it done in the last couple of years and it hasn't been bad. General anesthesia was great, my son required one dose of vicodin when we got home and then switched to Motrin for a couple of days. My daughter, the Queen of Drama, had more pain, was very miserable for the first 24 hours then did fine with the Motrin. The swelling is always worse the next day, I think it's very beneficial to do the alternating warm/cold packs as instructed and to take it easy for a day to avoid any complications.

Most of the experiences I've heard of these days have been straightforward and uneventful. Quite different from my experience 20 years ago in college, where I hooked up with an ER resident and his dental student wife and had a "free" extraction of 4 impacted wisdom teeth in their garage with a stolen tank of nitrous oxide......

I read your whole post but I stopped processing after "oral".

Chris
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Basically, don't smoke cigarettes or drink from a straw for about 48 hours. Take your antibiotics (and pain pills if needed). You will have to replace the cotton swab in your mouth when you get home as it becomes saturated with blood. Other than that, it is pretty much painless. I elected to get the shot to numb my gums and lower jaw for the operation, instead of the laughing gas which I don't regret.

purplengold
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
got all taken out at once n didn't wanna eat shit cuz mouth felt sore. probably not bad if you just takin one or two out. had ta do some shit to not get dry sockets n infections like swishing salt water.

you can ask fo Vicodin or somtin if you a pill popper n into that shit. not really painful unless you gotta get a more complex surgery for them impacted teeth. notin ta worry bout

AussieFanKurt
12-14-2012, 04:01 AM
They are out, got meds, surprised about the pain - noticable pain but pretty lacking to be honest. Thought it would be bad considering how bad my teeth were impacted, doc was good obviously

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2012, 07:36 AM
does that mean ur jaw can hyper extend to receive a big dick?

AussieFanKurt
12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
lol