PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kupchak informs Gasol's agent that he will be traded if he doesn"t grasp offense

Bruce Wayne
12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios.

:lol Gasol tanking it to get away from Kobe

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8709159/pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-tuesday-houston-rockets-tendinitis-knees

ImDaNuts
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
:rollin

Chinook
12-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Does anybody run the Triangle?

Dex
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

What will the next act in this circus be?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-04-2012, 05:43 PM
It's a tough transition to make. While Brown and D'Antoni's systems share "Come on! Come on!", Gasol has never played under a coach who stressed "Let's go! Let's go!" the way that his new coach does.

Bruce Wayne
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
D'antoni

Whatever it takes -- one game, two games, 10 games -- I don't know. It's day to day but he's got to be healthy. It wasn't fair (to him). He's trying to battle through some stuff and in this league, you just can't do that.

Such a change of tune :lmao

UZER
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
What if the other 29 teams said "not this time Mitch...you're on your own"....instead of always helping them out, but inevitably someone will. This is why I believe there are under handed deals like ill give you that beach house, or that business property, or will place a large order from your other business, or something of that nature. Why else would other GMs line up to help the Lakers out?

timvp
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Bad news. Cue the Gasol for Harden, Asik and that Emo Coward. Then cue Emo Coward turning into a combination of Charles Barkley and Felix Baumgartner.

HI-FI
12-04-2012, 06:08 PM
feel sorry for Gasol. He is gifted to the Lakers and they immediately go to 3 championships. Without that move Kobe will go down unarguably as the most overrated player of the past decade, instead the Gasol trade reinflated the myth yet Pau receives very little credit. Plus didn't Kobe snitch (per par) him out to his fiance? Gasol needs to get out while he can.

Clipper Nation
12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Pau needs to get to a team who will appreciate him and get him the ball....

Odom for Pau, done deal, do it Mitch, Lamborghini mercy, per par, tbh, imho, etc....

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Bad news. Cue the Gasol for Harden, Asik and that Emo Coward. Then cue Emo Coward turning into a combination of Charles Barkley and Felix Baumgartner.

Stern already kept Gasol out of Houston once. With everything else going on I don't think the Rockets would dare cross him again.

KL2
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Who could they ppossibly trade him to, NY? for Amare?

Reck
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Man I'm beginning to feel sorry for gasoft. Just demand a trade yourself.

How many humiliations is he willing to put himself through just to be someplace where he isn't even wanted?

Kobe and the Lakers used this guy, got a few champs out of him and now are trying to get rid of him. What a sad existence over there.

djohn2oo8
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Stern already kept Gasol out of Houston once. With everything else going on I don't think the Rockets would dare cross him again.

At the time, no one would know Stern was doing Houston a big favor.

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM
how much more help does kobe need to ring?.....

Spurs9
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Lakers grasping at straws again, get rid of that wasted Kobe he's the cancer

DMC
12-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Blair grasps offense. Trade straight up.

DMC
12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Who could they ppossibly trade him to, NY? for Amare?

They don't need another big fucking idiot ego. They need a coach and Derrick Fisher.

irishock
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Lakers should try benching Kobe next game, and then Dwight the next one. The real problem should reveal its roots.

baseline bum
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
how much more help does kobe need to ring?.....

Probably would need LeBron's help to ring this year.

DAF86
12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
:lol LA talent is perfect for D'antoni
:lol D'antoni over Jackson

baseline bum
12-04-2012, 11:00 PM

:lol D'antoni over Brown even

pass1st
12-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Who said that? :lol

NRHector
12-04-2012, 11:07 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

What will the next act in this circus be?

a players meeting only

Clipper Nation
12-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Probably would need LeBron's help to ring this year.

Except LeBron would actually need the ball in his hands :lol

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Jim Buss

:huddle:

pass1st
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Jim Buss

:huddle:

Jimmy Boy is just mad Phil creampie'd his sister, tbh

Trainwreck2100
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
yep

Reck
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
a players meeting only

But wait..Fisher ain't there to set them straight.

Kobe only has a strict one-line speech; pass the ball to me.

DAF86
12-04-2012, 11:12 PM

Mono and the Lakers management :lol

baseline bum
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Except LeBron would actually need the ball in his hands :lol

Bron would kick the shit out of Kobe, get his brown wings bareback with Vanessa, and then pat Kobe's head and call him his #1 sidekick when Tirico comes to interview him while awarding the Finals MVP. So yeah, Kobe could ring with the King's help.

pass1st
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Mono and the Lakers management :lol

:lol Even the most homerish and fairweather of Lakerfan wouldn't say the GOAT coach isn't as good as pringles.

Latarian Milton
12-05-2012, 01:32 AM
feel sorry for Gasol. He is gifted to the Lakers and they immediately go to 3 championships. Without that move Kobe will go down unarguably as the most overrated player of the past decade, instead the Gasol trade reinflated the myth yet Pau receives very little credit. Plus didn't Kobe snitch (per par) him out to his fiance? Gasol needs to get out while he can.
they won 2 titles all together with pau, as opposed to 3 imho

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Can someone ask Kori Ellis if she likes this song... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIOntfVPBsw

HI-FI
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
they won 2 titles all together with pau, as opposed to 3 imho
i know, but adding Pau meant they went to 3 championships in a row (won 2). That's an insane impact when you think about it, cuz Kobe was turning into a colossal joke as the number one option.

buttsR4rebounding
12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Bron would kick the shit out of Kobe, get his brown wings bareback with Vanessa, and then pat Kobe's head and call him his #1 sidekick when Tirico comes to interview him while awarding the Finals MVP. So yeah, Kobe could ring with the King's help.

Kobe would just do LeBron's mom to even things out...

Capt Bringdown
12-05-2012, 04:55 AM
What if the other 29 teams said "not this time Mitch...you're on your own"....instead of always helping them out, but inevitably someone will. This is why I believe there are under handed deals like ill give you that beach house, or that business property, or will place a large order from your other business, or something of that nature. Why else would other GMs line up to help the Lakers out?

We need to tawk:
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4724082561451838&pid=15.1

BillMc
12-05-2012, 05:13 AM

I don't know about the snitching, but the rest I definitely agree with. Gasol is already being minimized by LA Fans and the media for his contributions to the last 2 Laker titles the same as how revisionist history has forgotten that Shaq was the most dominant player on those early 2000's LA teams.

Howard must be noticing this. His initial reluctance to put the Lakers on his "list" was based on not wanting to play second fiddle to Kobe. You don't think 9 shots to 31 is calming those fears?

The Lakers only hope of keeping Dwight (other than the money) is Nash will run pick and rolls with him and relatively ignore Kobe to keep Howard happy. If this is the beginning of the end for Nash and he can't keep healthy and stay on the court, then Kobe-ball may drive Howard away. And Kobe will only shoot more when it becomes obvious this is not a contender.

Sportcamper
12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Unless this is reported in the LA Times by a reputable Lakers insider I call B.S. on this story….The Olympics games proved that Pau Gasol is still one of the finest players in the world…

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Unless this is reported in the LA Times by a reputable Lakers insider I call B.S. on this story….The Olympics games proved that Pau Gasol is still one of the finest players in the world…

If this story is true then I will concede that we're officially in disarray at the moment...no way should Mitch say this to any player...counter productive to a team already struggling due to injuries, health and familiarity issues.

As for the Olympics...that was fools gold..that was Pau's last stand to rep his country he has no desire what-so-ever to play NBA basketball anymore...he wants to just be coddled and loved he's no longer interested in putting in work. He should have left when Odom did.

djohn2oo8
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
If this story is true then I will concede that we're officially in disarray at the moment...no way should Mitch say this to any player...counter productive to a team already struggling due to injuries, health and familiarity issues.

As for the Olympics...that was fools gold..that was Pau's last stand to rep his country he has no desire what-so-ever to play NBA basketball anymore...he wants to just be coddled and loved he's no longer interested in putting in work. He should have left when Odom did.

Fragile minded Pau is the last person who needs to hear this.

BillMc
12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Now that Kobe has given the death stare to Brown, and thrown Pau under the bus, who will be the next scapegoat? Vegas should put odds on this:

Pringles?
Dwight?
Jim Buss?
Nash?
Mitch?
Dr. Buss?
Metta?

SpursIndonesia
12-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Weird that Lakers fans in the forum next door, are proposing trades for highly useful players, even all stars, for Pau who's injured and mentally in shambles. They might get better offer closer to trade deadline, but if they want to address the issue ASAP, i think the kinda trade that they can expect is something like this (just an example):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9fv86u

GS might want to pull that trade with hope that Pau will be back on top in the new environment, leading the young team to the post season as a starting pivot man, while LA will get a decent shooter and nice backup bigman in the process (both are suit up good with Nash's game IMHO). But Kobe might not be too happy getting a certified faggot playing alongside him, LOL. :D

Stalin
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
lol meltdown

dunkman
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
When Kobe runs his mouth against an teammate, his days with the Lakers are always over tbh . . .

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Fragile minded Pau is the last person who needs to hear this.

so from your Roster who would you give up for Pau...remember Pau is an All-Star, Euro MVP, Olympian, and 2 Time NBA Champ...we'd be giving up a lot in letting him go..

so go ahead make a fair proposal - I'm listening djohn...I'm listening

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Now that Kobe has given the death stare to Brown, and thrown Pau under the bus, who will be the next scapegoat? Vegas should put odds on this:

Pringles?
Dwight?
Jim Buss?
Nash?
Mitch?
Dr. Buss?
Metta?

It's not about scape goat..it's about results...Pau is the next one out...Kobe has decreed...

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I firmly believe Kobe will win 6 this season...it's like Kareem said about Kobe after his 81 points..."Kobe does it his way."

djohn2oo8
12-05-2012, 01:08 PM
so from your Roster who would you give up for Pau...remember Pau is an All-Star, Euro MVP, Olympian, and 2 Time NBA Champ...we'd be giving up a lot in letting him go..

:lol ain't anybody gonna touch that contract dawg.

Koolaid_Man
12-05-2012, 01:13 PM
:lol ain't anybody gonna touch that contract dawg.

the Rockets would be instant Contenders with this line-up

Gasol
Harding
Lin
Asik

we just need some picks from you guys and a 3rd team's involvement...

Clipper Nation
12-05-2012, 01:34 PM

You can have Odom back, and take Caron Butler too :lol

Paranoid Pop
12-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Lakers should trade with the Clips, Clips could use a better center than Demonkey, Lakers could use a beast back up PG like Bledsoe (or starting PG since Nash is a certified TOSB at this point), Odom and Demonkey as filler or something.

Bledsoe, Metta and D12 on the floor would be the best defensive unit in the league instantly.

Paranoid Pop
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
^ then sign Kenyon Martin at PF and get a competent coach, suffocating D, nobody would hack D12 anymore.

Clipper Nation
12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Bledsoe, Metta and D12 on the floor would be the best defensive unit in the league instantly.
Which is why the Clippers would never do that trade....

DPG21920
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Which is why the Clippers would never do that trade....

Of course they would do Jordan/Bledsoe for Pau (not that it works salary-wise, but in theory).

Clipper Nation
12-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Tbh, the only way Bledsoe gets traded anywhere is if CP3 says by the deadline in no uncertain terms that he will re-sign.....

DPG21920
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Something that might be good for both teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvdo7wn

DPG21920
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Tbh, the only way Bledsoe gets traded anywhere is if CP3 says by the deadline in no uncertain terms that he will re-sign.....

It's still worth it because it would make them legit favorites to get to the finals.

Brazil
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Something that might be good for both teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvdo7wn

well it would let Denver with Quincy Miller and Corey Brewer at SF

Baseline
12-05-2012, 06:26 PM

I can't wait to read the books written by ex-teammates of Bryant's once this shot-jacking fool retires. The guy is a destructionist in every sense the word.

Howard is a colossal idiot if he stays.

FYM
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Can someone ask Kori Ellis if she likes this song... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIOntfVPBsw

you should create a thread

djohn2oo8
12-05-2012, 07:10 PM
CROFLMAO :rollin

The annual Pau Gasol trade rumor fest has taken a very interesting turn this season. According to a report by Comcast's Ric Bucher, when the Los Angeles Lakers signed Steve Nash this summer, they promised him that they would not trade Pau Gasol. From his Sulia post (http://sulia.com/channel/phoenix-suns/f/b018f200-846a-4f10-b9be-d312aafe3c14/?source=twitter):

Source: Ignore any and all trade talk about Pau Gasol because the Lakers landed Steve Nash by promising him he would get to play with Gasol. Nash made it a prerequisite for passing on offers from Toronto and the Knicks that Pau would be around, the source said.

Such prerequisites from an incoming star aren't that unusual -- Chris Paul made similar personnel demands as part of his agreement to be dealt to the Clippers. (In Paul's case, he wanted assurance that LAC would do whatever was necessary to retain restricted FA DeAndre Jordan.)

Conceivably, once Nash gets back and actually plays with Gasol, the Lakers could continue to struggle and Nash re-thinks his position. But as of right now, one of the enticements that brought Nash to LA was the big Spaniard and the organization would have much bigger problems than they already have if they backtracked on their promise to keep Gasol in the fold.