PDA

View Full Version : Time to rape the Hawks

IcemanCometh
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
With them picking Marvin Williams Atlanta now has too many sf's and not enough c's or pg's.

Rasho for Al Harrington or Josh Smith?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2005, 08:35 PM
that would be awesome!!

Brodels
06-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll pass on Harrington because I don't know where he fits on this team, but I'd take Smith.

MI21
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Absolutely no room for Harrington, and Atlanta would have to be crazy to giveaway Smith for Rasho.

Spursdaone
06-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe San Antonio could do it Kobe Bryant style to the hawks.

Guru of Nothing
06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Harrington = expiring contract - 6-7 mill.

I think ATL is committed to Josh Smith.

xcoriate
06-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Harrington can play some 3 especially against the longer ones. I think he could work out here.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Harrington will be traded just don't know where.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I thought we had discussed this earlier.

Harrington is overrated but the contract is attractive for a tryout.

NCaliSpurs
06-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Josh Childress anyone?

xcoriate
06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
I think they like the Joshs and aren't going to get rid of them. They have a big log jame at the 2/3/4 spots now.

JUUOT
06-28-2005, 10:59 PM
i think it will be harrington and diaw leaving atlanta in a three way deal with diaw ending in the spurs end like a flower

slayermin
06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
i think it will be harrington and diaw leaving atlanta in a three way deal with diaw ending in the spurs end like a flower

I like that deal. But who do the Spurs give up? Rasho?

CalsonicKansei
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
If Josh Smith signed with the spurs in a fucked up trade for ATL, I would get his jersey, because he has some badass dunks.

Oh and its funny that the ATL (Hawks) is the "hoe" of the NBA. They are always getting fucked.

Dre_7
06-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Yeah right!

Like ATL will ever even think of giveng up Josh Smith for Rasho! Yes the Hawks suck, but they are no Isaiah Thomas.

slayermin
06-29-2005, 01:33 AM
If Josh Smith signed with the spurs in a fucked up trade for ATL, I would get his jersey, because he has some badass dunks.

Oh and its funny that the ATL (Hawks) is the "hoe" of the NBA. They are always getting fucked.

I was fortunate enough to watch a few Hawks games this past season. Josh Smith is an absolute monster on the offensive glass. He blocks shots like a center. His offensive game is unlimited. He was developing a perimeter game at the end of the season.

Will he be as good as Dominique?

I think he will be a more complete player than Nique. But I do not think the ATL will give up on him.

alamo50
06-29-2005, 05:14 AM
Good call Ice.
Josh Smith wasn't in San Antonio for nothing these playoffs.

caspian
06-29-2005, 05:28 AM
Josh Childress anyone?

Just FYI...

Josh Childress went to my alma mater. He never did reach his potential given his athleticism. I think he'd be a solid backup with a future...and would certainly fit with the team's collective character. He also came from a defense oriented team under Mike Montgomery.

Nbadan
06-29-2005, 05:28 AM
With PG's Williams, Paul and Felton taken at 3,4 and 5 the Hawks must have really loved Marvin Williams to have taken another SF with Harrington and the Joshs already locked up. Unfortunately for the Spurs, the Hawks seem to be hurting worse at PG than they are at center and the Spurs don't have much to offer there, well, except for Beno.

xapatan2
06-29-2005, 05:58 AM
I'll take Boris Diaw from the hawks...
yes he is french... but he's really a fantastic defender, with the physical abilities of our Bruce Bowen... Diaw would be THE STEAL....with a big S....
and his mentality would be a perfect fit for the Spurs....

Pee_Eye_Emm_Pee
06-29-2005, 07:56 AM
I'll pass on Harrington because I don't know where he fits on this team, but I'd take Smith.

i don't think they'd give up smith juss like that...

Gino2882
06-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Can Diaw shoot?

lordswing
06-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm from Atlanta, and we're not going to give up the Joshes. No fucking way, unless we get an All-Star in return. Think about it, the Hawks have been horrendous since Steve Smith played, and that's a while back, since he also played for the Blazers, Spurs, Hornets, and now Heat? The Joshes are our future. Only thing I see is we try to emulate the Suns, running 3 forwards, and letting Marvin play himself into the system. Remember, we also have a shitload of cap space, I'm dreaming I know, so are you guys in thinking you'll get either Joshes, but Big Z on the Hawks? :D:D:D

samikeyp
06-29-2005, 11:28 AM
so you are a Hawks fan but....

Position: Rugged Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500

:p

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I doubt the Hawks will give up the Joshes but I believe that Diaw wants out.

I don't know if the Spurs would have much interest in him. Though he's defensive minded, he's very, very passive on offense from what I've seen.

Gino2882
06-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Diaw is passive on offense but that isnt a bad thing. I dont think it is because he cant shoot, but maybe he simply hasnt gained confidence. He could be a Bruce Bowen type defender and might develop an offense game at a much younger age. He just turned 23 so, he could be the future at SF.

To bad the Spurs didnt draft Gelabale...

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
To bad the Spurs didnt draft Gelabale...

People keep saying that. But that kid isn't very developed either. Supposedly Seattle is going to have him stay in Europe for 2 more seasons. I think the Spurs need a small forward to be on the team this upcoming year to be groomed by Bowen. Maybe it's Linton Johnson, maybe it's someone else.

Sense
06-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah right!

Like ATL will ever even think of giveng up Josh Smith for Rasho! Yes the Hawks suck, but they are no Isaiah Thomas.

agreed.

Gino2882
06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I know but is there anyone here who honestly thinks that Ian was a better pick than Gelabale?

I mean the needs and value matched and he could have developed as another young explosive part of the Spurs. I guess whats done is done.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I know but is there anyone here who honestly thinks that Ian was a better pick than Gelabale?

I mean the needs and value matched and he could have developed as another young explosive part of the Spurs. I guess whats done is done.

Have you watched Gelabale play or something? I'm not understanding where all the love is coming from.

The Spurs already have a young SF developing in Europe in Sanikidze. So they probably didn't really need another one and they are very high on Ian's future. But, they do need to address the issue of having another SF for the upcoming season.

whottt
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Gelabale looks like Raggedy Ann and weighs 175 pounds...he's a project.

And it's a huge diss to Bruce Bowen to act like some rookie could come in and be a tenth of the defender he is...

The life Bruce has lived is testament to his tenacity, if he had't been a journeyman and had to fight to get to where he is, I don't think he'd be the player he now is...I don't think some golden boy is going to be able to just step in and replace Bruce or even come close to approximating him...

I like the Spurs pick and he has a hell of a lot more upside than Gelabale if you ask me.

caspian
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM

I honestly think Ian was a better pick than Gelabale. Hands-down, actually.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I know but is there anyone here who honestly thinks that Ian was a better pick than Gelabale?I honestly think none of us here outside of France knows enough about either player to have any credible opinion.

Jimcs50
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
We are going to trade Rasho to New Jersey, that is a given.

Gino2882
06-29-2005, 04:03 PM
We are going to trade Rasho to New Jersey, that is a given.

On what basis?

pooh
06-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Harrington is good, but I don't think he would come to the Spurs. One of the main reasons why he left Indy was the lack of playing time he was getting. Unless the Spurs can fix it to where he'll get a ton of minutes per game, he's going to be in Atlanta for another season maybe.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Harrington is good, but I don't think he would come to the Spurs.It wouldn't be his choice.

JUUOT
06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
gelabale was a lot more ready and was playing starter minutes for the spanish champion real madrid one of the best european team.

Ian is more a project. he is raw and is improving at rocket speed but did not prove anything yet...

wildbill2u
06-30-2005, 11:07 AM
With them picking Marvin Williams Atlanta now has too many sf's and not enough c's or pg's.

Rasho for Al Harrington or Josh Smith?

Nah, wait til they hire Isaiah from the Knicks. Then we'll get three for one. :spin

Mr. Body
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM

Yes. The payoff is so much higher.

I was high on Gelabale until I realized his hair is bigger and stronger than he is at this point in his (and its) career.