PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Buy or sell: Lakers and Mavs won't make the playoffs

Jacob1983
12-05-2012, 01:31 AM
I know it's very early in the season and their current starts are probably misleading but it's possible both teams could miss out on making the playoffs.

Arcadian
12-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Sell...the Lakers will end up with a mediocre record and slip into the 6-8 seed. The Mavs will make a run when Dirk returns and might also end up 6-8.

ElNono
12-05-2012, 01:53 AM
sell Mavs... they're missing their top superstar and last I heard he's supposed to come back before the end of the year. That should be enough to lift them to the playoffs.

buy Lakers... no timeline for Nash's return (and he isn't a difference maker at this stage of his career anyways), Pau is either injured or already quit, D'Antoni will likely not finish the season as the coach. If the ship doesn't turn by the AllStar break, expect Kobe to announce an 'injury' (like the 04-05 season) and the Lakeshow going full tank mode.

Spur_Fanatic
12-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Sell, one of the two will make it.

Latarian Milton
12-05-2012, 02:18 AM
the lakershow hasn't been really great since shaq gone tbh. they won those trophies because the rest of league were rather weak, they should be satisfied to have stolen two NBA titles before the rise of miami, OKC, NYC, monkeyball etc...

baseline bum
12-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Sell both. Dallas is only half a game out and Nowitzki should be back this month. As for LA, GMAFB: not even D'Antoni could find a way to miss the playoffs with Dwight Howard on his roster. I see the Mavs in a 6 or 7 seed and LA should be around 5.

Clipper Nation
12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Tbh, if Brian Hill could find a way to miss the playoffs with Dwight, so can O'Antoni....

Jacob1983
01-09-2013, 01:29 AM
A month later and it's definitely looking like the Mavs will miss the playoffs. It's a strong possibility that the Lakers miss out too.

Seventyniner
01-09-2013, 10:52 AM
According to Hollinger's playoff predictor, buy. Lakers have a 30.5% chance of making the playoffs, Mavs have a 0.1% chance (!). (1 - .305)(1 - .001) = 69.4305% chance they both miss. It likely gets higher if Howard and/or Gasol miss significant time.

Jacob1983
03-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Okay, well the Mavs are probably done for this season. I know they aren't officially eliminated but there is too much ground to make up and not enough games to catch up. They're also not that good too which is probably the deciding factor. The Lakers have been on a roll recently and have a great chance of making the playoffs. The Mormons have been shitty lately so the Lakers can definitely pass them up and get the 8th seed.

spurraider21
03-07-2013, 01:57 AM
teams seem to be tanking just to get the Lakers into the playoffs. whatever. spurs win that in 4. maybe 5 if mwp hits like 5 threes or something

BUMP
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I know it's very early in the season and their current starts are probably misleading but it's possible both teams could miss out on making the playoffs.

Hey jacob, first of all, thanks for your input and sending us your pics. We have confirmed them to be legit and you can officially start posting at 4inchesorlessclub.com whenever your account gets activated.

As to answer your original question, i teenk it's a foregone conclusion that LAL will make the playoffs. I'd much rather see them play San Antonio which would make for a much interesting series.

Also, your cock cage should get in the mail between 3-5 business days. If there's anything else you need, you know where to find me.

Thread
03-07-2013, 11:20 AM
It's not like life & death, but, it's still a great American tragedy how Cuban categorically refused to defend that ring. He got away with it though. I mean he was never taken to task, dragged into Dealey Plaza, made naked and paraded in the shadows of Harvey, a pink pill box hat & Abe.

Just shows ta go ya.

eisfeld
03-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Mavs: Out for sure
Lakers: I'm convinced they sneak in as 8th or 7th seed with the way they are playing lately.

Jacob1983
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
If the spirit of Joseph Smith appears to the Jazz then maybe the Jazz can get their act together and keep the Lakers out of the playoffs. If that doesn't happen then the Jazz will be out of the tournament and the Lakers will be in it. Personally, I want to see the Lakers out of the playoffs for three reasons.
1. The Lakers are one of the teams that I despise and love to root against
2. The Lakers missing the playoffs will severely piss off Stern and his minions
3. Bandwagon Laker fans will be butthurt over their precious Lakers not making the playoffs