PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs release Blair...

ElNono
12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
and have his salary no longer count towards the lux tax?

I just can't think any team would be interested in trading for him, and I would rather see some hungry scrub from the Toros getting his minutes at this point.

playblair
12-05-2012, 11:00 PM
hater....

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:01 PM
hater....

you sound bitter, tbh... you should talk to a professional about that...

Chinook
12-05-2012, 11:02 PM
They can't. The best they could do (without trading him) is spread his cap hit over three years. That would reduce their salary by about $700,000 this season, but cost a little more than $300,000 each of the next two years. Not worth it. He's still easily tradeable.

timvp
12-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Blair is well worth his salary, tbh. Even at his worst he's still a bargain.

Brunodf
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Blair should lose his starting spot, Diaw or Splitter deserve it

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:04 PM

well, he's cheap but his "worth" is quite questionable. If it's just about having a body warming up a bench seat, wouldnt a Toros scrub be cheaper?

playblair
12-05-2012, 11:05 PM
^ a toro scrub cant put up 30/20 in an nba game .....

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:06 PM
^ a toro scrub cant put up 30/20 in an nba game .....

this season?

playblair
12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
^ wait it out a year ... ryan richards will be a spur + spurs will target a big in free agency with there cap space

freetiago
12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
eric dawson should have gotten his spot a long time ago
he brings the hustle and the mid range shot

Boomersgold
12-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Blair's not exactly a "scrub". If he played on a team like the Blazers, he'd be their first man off the bench.

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
^ wait it out a year ... ryan richards will be a spur + spurs will target a big in free agency with there cap space

Well, since somebody already pointed out it wouldn't save money or open up cap space for the Spurs, I guess there's no point in releasing him now

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Blair's not exactly a "scrub". If he played on a team like the Blazers, he'd be their first man off the bench.

There's no way to prove it, but if there would be, I have $20 the Blazers wouldn't trade anything to get him.

Bruno
12-05-2012, 11:21 PM
The best they could do (without trading him) is spread his cap hit over three years.

You can only use the spread provision on contracts signed under the new CBA which isn't the case for Blair.

DMC
12-05-2012, 11:24 PM

Sup DeJuan.

Em-City
12-05-2012, 11:26 PM
blair can only have good games when the team spoonfeeds him. This would never happen if he were playing with a Portland bench

Bruno
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Basketball wise and given his low salary, it makes little sense to dump Blair.

However, there is the human factor.
If Pop decides to go with Bonner/Diaw and downgrade Blair as the 5th bigman, how will he handle it?
Don't forget we are talking about a player that is in a contract year, has already asked for a trade and has had a twitter meltdown after a single DNP-CD in the season opener.
Could it reach the point where Blair attitude would be so shitty that it would hurt the whole team?

Chinook
12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
You can only use the spread provision on contracts signed under the new CBA which isn't the case for Blair.

Thanks for that correction. It's a shame they didn't make that a possibility for all contracts. I don't think the Spurs would've used it on Blair even if they could, though. Not only is his contract a bargain for his production/potential, but there's little reason to commit any money to future caps just to lower this year's salary by less than a million. I can think of at least a half-dozen teams that would take him if the Spurs really wanted him gone. They haven't traded him because they can't get equal value in return.

ChuckD
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM

:lol RR will likely never play in the NBA. He's scrubbing out of truly scrubby European leagues.

Chinook
12-05-2012, 11:44 PM
If Blair makes keeping him detrimental, pass him along to a team with a TE or cap space. He's instant production off the bench when he wants to be. The Spurs probably can't get a first-round pick anymore, but they could get a good second, or even a young player buried on the bench who doesn't have a guaranteed contract (like Jeremy Tyler or something). If that player, sucks, they can cut him without suffering a cap hit. Who knows? They could end up trading for a Danny Green or Gary Neal that way.

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:48 PM
If Blair makes keeping him detrimental, pass him along to a team with a TE or cap space. His instant production off the bench when he wants to be. The Spurs probably can't get a first-round pick anymore, but they could get a good second, or even a young player buried on the bench who doesn't have a guaranteed contract (like Jeremy Tyler or something). If that player, sucks, they can cut him without suffering a cap hit. Who knows? They could end up trading for a Danny Green or Gary Neal that way.

I don't think so. Also, who's going to give you a good 2nd pick when they can wait it out and get Blair in free agency and keep the pick?

Chinook
12-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think so. Also, who's going to give you a good 2nd pick when they can wait it out and get Blair in free agency and keep the pick?

A team that wants his production this year (Philadelphia with out Bynum). A team that doesn't want to use an exception on him next year (teams like Boston -- not that they have anything to offer). A team that doesn't trust rookies (Miami used to be this way). There a loads of teams that take a veteran player like Blair now as opposed to hoping that, a) they get him in free-agency next year and aren't out-competed and b) don't trust that their second-rounder will turn out to be a player that can help as much as Blair could.

ElNono
12-05-2012, 11:58 PM
A team that wants his production this year (Philadelphia with out Bynum). A team that doesn't want to use an exception on him next year (teams like Boston -- not that they have anything to offer). A team that doesn't trust rookies (Miami used to be this way). There a loads of teams that take a veteran player like Blair now as opposed to hoping that, a) they get him in free-agency next year and aren't out-competed and b) don't trust that their second-rounder will turn out to be a player that can help as much as Blair could.

While I agree some team might take a flyer on him (like the Spurs took a flyer on him during the draft), I doubt he's shown he can be a sough-after free agent, tbh. Just the perception I get and my opinion, tbh.

Chinook
12-06-2012, 12:08 AM
While I agree some team might take a flyer on him (like the Spurs took a flyer on him during the draft), I doubt he's shown he can be a sough-after free agent, tbh. Just the perception I get and my opinion, tbh.

And I agree with it. I am not saying he's an $8 Million/year player (although neither are most of the players that make that much). But he's going to get a pretty substantial pay raise in the offseason. There's no reason to assume he'll make less that Green money. For a lot of teams, that means part of their MLE. For good teams, being able to use their exceptions on other vets is easily worth a second. Will the Wizards move their pick for Blair? Probably not. But Philly/Boston/Chicago may.

In the least, trading Blair for pretty much nothing could net a trade exception of just over a million dollars. That can be used to get a cheap player in another trade or allow the Spurs to claim an intriguing prospect that gets waived mid-season, like the Mavericks did with Corey Brewer a couple of years ago.

Spurs151
12-06-2012, 12:18 AM
eric dawson should have gotten his spot a long time ago
he brings the hustle and the mid range shot

Heard he will be worked out by some of the staff at the facility while the guys head on their rd trip. Supposedly they are impressed with the shape he is in, and how he did in China before he left

ElNono
12-06-2012, 12:23 AM
And I agree with it. I am not saying he's an $8 Million/year player (although neither are most of the players that make that much). But he's going to get a pretty substantial pay raise in the offseason. There's no reason to assume he'll make less that Green money. For a lot of teams, that means part of their MLE. For good teams, being able to use their exceptions on other vets is easily worth a second. Will the Wizards move their pick for Blair? Probably not. But Philly/Boston/Chicago may.

In the least, trading Blair for pretty much nothing could net a trade exception of just over a million dollars. That can be used to get a cheap player in another trade or allow the Spurs to claim an intriguing prospect that gets waived mid-season, like the Mavericks did with Corey Brewer a couple of years ago.

Nobody is giving a pick without Blair signing an extension right there and then. Unless it's obviously a shitty 2nd pick.

And his production, height and general wariness about his knees means there's good reason to think he'll make less than Green money. Not going to say there isn't a dumb team out there that will offer more, but, IMO, they would be wasting money.

Capt Bringdown
12-06-2012, 12:56 AM
I doubt that Blair has much of a chance at a career in another NBA uniform. I don't understand why so many are baffled by his shtick.
He'd be a superstar in the euro leagues, but he ain't NBA material - the "tell" is that he can't stay on the court in the playoffs. He is a liability that our opponents exploit, it's been proven time and time again. Giving him a minutes/regular spot in the rotation is a waste.
"But this year, it's going to be different!"

DapDaGenius
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Definitely doesn't look that way.

"According to Polish site Sport.pl, Richards is in the outs with the team after a string of poor performances with Asseco Prokom Gdynia and mainly rides the bench. Because of this, the team is reportedly willing to look in another direction and replace Richards on the roster."

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/december/richards-having-a-turbulent-time-in-poland.html

I have a feeling Richards will end up blowing his chances to play for the Spurs. He is looking less and less likely to join every time there is a new article about him.

spurraider21
12-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Its not like we're super desperate for a roster spot. Hang onto him and let him walk at season's end.

Kidd K
12-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Releasing Blair would be a terrible idea.

ElNono, maybe you should at least play with being a GM on a video game or something and get some sort of general idea as to how bad an idea that would be to just dump Blair for nothing. There's no one available on the free agent market who's as good and will cost as little. We don't have anyone in the D legaue who's as good either.

I'm not sure why so many people on here are demanding our 10th-15th players need to be dumped or replaced, as if tons of teams have amazing players much better than the guys we have in the 10-15 spots. We have good depth. So much hot and cold love for Spurs' players on this forum. :lol

Yep. Completely agree. Most haters don't take his VERY reasonable salary into account. That makes him worth a lot more than if he was on the last year of a $5m deal or something.

Paranoid Pop
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I doubt that Blair has much of a chance at a career in another NBA uniform. I don't understand why so many are baffled by his shtick.
He'd be a superstar in the euro leagues, but he ain't NBA material - the "tell" is that he can't stay on the court in the playoffs. He is a liability that our opponents exploit, it's been proven time and time again. Giving him a minutes/regular spot in the rotation is a waste.

Exactly. Fuck depth and circle jerking about our shitty bench player that nobody wants like Blair, we're not winning with what we have.

Its not like we're super desperate for a roster spot. Hang onto him and let him walk at season's end.

Then they better be working on a trade because if not, that mean we aren't winning shit. Everyone here now we need another PF or center. Blair is a bonafide scrub, give me Reggie Evans in the same price range, now that's a true bargain. Seriously is such a scrub that having low salary guys like Evans or Martin who can do one thing well would be a massive upgrade.

Paranoid Pop
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Releasing Blair would be a terrible idea.

ElNono, maybe you should at least play with being a GM on a video game or something and get some sort of general idea as to how bad an idea that would be to just dump Blair for nothing. There's no one available on the free agent market who's as good and will cost as little. We don't have anyone in the D legaue who's as good either.

Martin is better, his pricetag is a question mark at this point but he's better.

I'm not sure why so many people on here are demanding our 10th-15th players need to be dumped or replaced, as if tons of teams have amazing players much better than the guys we have in the 10-15 spots. We have good depth. So much hot and cold love for Spurs' players on this forum. :lol

Because we want to win. With TP and TD playing that well I hope the FO does his part because with the current team, I'd bet good money that they won't win shit. Other team don't need a better 15th player because they don't start their 15th best player tbh.

Brunodf
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM

He was released by a crappy Russian team...

ElNono
12-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Perhaps you need to stop playing 2k12 and start watching the games, so you stop with the absolute shit takes bads?

He's been starting again on our team. His minutes average for this season place him as the 4th big (rotation guy). His numbers are down across the board. He can't rebound anymore, he can't score at the same clip anymore, and he's regressed defensively (which is incredible, since he was pretty bad to begin with).

If he's indeed unplayable and has to drop to the 15th roster spot (benchwarmer), then the idea was to bring somebody else that's hungry, cheaper and not emo as fuck like he is to fill that role. The question was if the Spurs could get rid of him now and not have his salary count against the lux/cap, but apparently that's not possible unless you trade him.

playblair
12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
^ ayo elno u should blame the staff for trying to turn blair into a diaw type of player .... spurs staff tried to turn blair into a sf not blairs fault .... blair needs to be overweight he was abusing other pf in the paint ....

playblair
12-06-2012, 03:09 PM

"According to Polish site Sport.pl, Richards is in the outs with the team after a string of poor performances with Asseco Prokom Gdynia and mainly rides the bench. Because of this, the team is reportedly willing to look in another direction and replace Richards on the roster."

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/december/richards-having-a-turbulent-time-in-poland.html

I have a feeling Richards will end up blowing his chances to play for the Spurs. He is looking less and less likely to join every time there is a new article about him.

richards is currently playing.....

EuroleagueBasketball ‏@Euroleague (https://twitter.com/Euroleague) 42-35 at the halftime between @assecoprokom (https://twitter.com/assecoprokom) and @MaccabiElectra (https://twitter.com/MaccabiElectra) with 10p of Ryan Richards

DapDaGenius
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
richards is currently playing.....

EuroleagueBasketball ‏@Euroleague (https://twitter.com/Euroleague) 42-35 at the halftime between @assecoprokom (https://twitter.com/assecoprokom) and @MaccabiElectra (https://twitter.com/MaccabiElectra) with 10p of Ryan Richards

How many points did he finish with?

Mal
12-06-2012, 04:15 PM
How many points did he finish with?

He finished with 10. He sucks. He moves like gorilla, very poor man JaVale McGee. Cant really describe his overall movement with words, but it does not look good.

Guess he had his chance tonight, because this was meaningless game for his, soon to be former, team.

DapDaGenius
12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
He finished with 10. He sucks. He moves like gorilla, very poor man JaVale McGee. Cant really describe his overall movement with words, but it does not look good.

Guess he had his chance tonight, because this was meaningless game for his, soon to be former, team.

Yeah and not to mention only 10 points in Euroleague game(I think he averages 3)...that's like 5 points in a d-leauge game and like -10 in the NBA. lol

For though, dude doesn't seem to care to much..........he seems to have issues. I wish the best for him. I just wish he came to the Toros and played for a year or two. I think it would've really changed him, maybe not made him into a great player but I think they could've done plenty of work on him.

playblair
12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
is there anyway for richards to join toros this year ......

Mel_13
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
is there anyway for richards to join toros this year ......

If he's willing to play for 30K/yr.

dunkman
12-06-2012, 04:46 PM
The Spurs have only 5 bigs and since Kawhi and Jack are injured, Diaw has to play SF sometimes. For the playoffs I hope Pop shortens the bigman rotation to Duncan, Splitter and Diaw, with some small ball in the mix.

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
IIRC Richards was actually pretty adamant that he would like to be stateside and playing for the Toros. He was almost pushy about it.

Mel_13
12-06-2012, 05:15 PM
IIRC Richards was actually pretty adamant that he would like to be stateside and playing for the Toros. He was almost pushy about it.

When he gave that interview in 2010, he was talking about being under an NBA contract and assigned to the D-League.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RznOdGBAxas#!

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Mel, I didn't hear anything about a contract. He said if he's picked he doesn't care whether or not he's playing up (meaning contract with the NBA team) or down (D-league). When he said that if a team drafts him then wants to send him to Europe he'd rather withdraw his name, I took that as meaning he just wanted to be stateside regardless.

From that I took it that he would be pretty happy to be with the Toros.

Mel_13
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Mel, I didn't hear anything about a contract. He said if he's picked he doesn't care whether or not he's playing up (meaning contract with the NBA team) or down (D-league). When he said that if a team drafts him then wants to send him to Europe he'd rather withdraw his name, I took that as meaning he just wanted to be stateside regardless.

From that I took it that he would be pretty happy to be with the Toros.

It's pretty clear to me what he means when talks about being ok with going up and down from the NBA to the D-League. He's talking about being under an NBA contract.

If he'd be happy playing under a D-League contract, he simply has to have his agent arrange one.

dbestpro
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
With Blair you get what you pay for.

Kidd K
12-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Perhaps you need to stop playing 2k12 and start watching the games, so you stop with the absolute shit takes bads?

He's been starting again on our team. His minutes average for this season place him as the 4th big (rotation guy). His numbers are down across the board. He can't rebound anymore, he can't score at the same clip anymore, and he's regressed defensively (which is incredible, since he was pretty bad to begin with).

If he's indeed unplayable and has to drop to the 15th roster spot (benchwarmer), then the idea was to bring somebody else that's hungry, cheaper and not emo as fuck like he is to fill that role. The question was if the Spurs could get rid of him now and not have his salary count against the lux/cap, but apparently that's not possible unless you trade him.

My take is shit for thinking it'd be stupid to dump Blair for nothing, but your shit-tastic take about how players need to be flat out released and not even traded to get something back aren't? :lmao You're fuckin' delusional. Just like your stupid ass takes about how Parker is done because he had a few bad games, then oh look, like I said he would, he's back into form already. Your takes are liquid shit.

I told you to at least go play a video game and play around as being GM, because maybe then you will at least get some sort of idea as to how throwing away talented players who can be traded for picks or assets in return is a stupid idea. Obviously just telling you that it's stupid isn't good enough for you since you're a low information basketball fan.

Speaking of how shitty your takes are, you're flat out lying about Blair's rebounding numbers declining.

His numbers are down? Let's look at the stats.

Blair's per 36 rebounding numbers:

2012: 9.3
2013: 9.6

Whoops? Are you blind? Or do you just enjoy being wrong, about quite literally, everything?

Solid D
12-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Ryan Richards is the absolute worst Spurs draft pick since Sergei Karaulov. He will never be a Spur.

ElNono
12-06-2012, 08:18 PM
My take is shit for thinking it'd be stupid to dump Blair for nothing, but your shit-tastic take about how players need to be flat out released and not even traded to get something back aren't? :lmao You're fuckin' delusional. Just like your stupid ass takes about how Parker is done because he had a few bad games, then oh look, like I said he would, he's back into form already. Your takes are liquid shit.

I told you to at least go play a video game and play around as being GM, because maybe then you will at least get some sort of idea as to how throwing away talented players who can be traded for picks or assets in return is a stupid idea. Obviously just telling you that it's stupid isn't good enough for you since you're a low information basketball fan.

"picks or assets" :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
"talented player" :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So do tell us what do you get on 2k12 for Blair... Lebron? :lmao

Speaking of how shitty your takes are, you're flat out lying about Blair's rebounding numbers declining.

His numbers are down? Let's look at the stats.

Blair's per 36 rebounding numbers:

2010: 12.7
2011: 11.7
2012: 9.3
2013: 9.6

Whoops? Are you blind? Or do you just enjoy being wrong, about quite literally, everything?

Whoops? I was right all along? do you just enjoy being wrong, about quite literally, everything? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Goddamn your takes are shit and you're a faggot.

ElNono
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Plus the question I posed in this thread had to do with Blair's contract with respect to the Spurs, not imaginary 2k12 trades.

Kidd K
12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
"picks or assets" :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
"talented player" :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So do tell us what do you get on 2k12 for Blair... Lebron? :lmao

Whoops? I was right all along? do you just enjoy being wrong, about quite literally, everything? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Goddamn your takes are shit and you're a faggot.

Don't lie bitch, you weren't talking about when he was a rook. You were talking about last season. And Blair's stats are up across the board (besides PPG anf FG%), not down like your stupid ass claims.

If you're talking about stats from 4 years ago, damn near everyone's stats are down. Duncan's, Ginobili's, Parker's, Jackson's, Diaw's. So should we release all these "clowns"? Your logic is hilariously bad.

Shit logic by shit poster and pretends like it's a great point by emphasizing it with a bunch of :lmao emotes. Epic faliure by an extremely stupid poster with terrible basketball knowledge.

Keep the shit posts coming though, faggot.

ElNono
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Don't lie bitch, you weren't talking about when he was a rook. You were talking about last season.

Now you're going to tell me what *I* am talking about :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Go back to 2k12, faggot. That's where your opinion is respected :lmao

Kidd K
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Now you're going to tell me what *I* am talking about :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Go back to 2k12, faggot. That's where your opinion is respected :lmao

You should be admitting that's what you meant, otherwise your shit logic applies to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili too. Dump those "scrubs" too since their stats are down from 4 years ago? :lmao Dumb faggot.

I wouild tell you to go back to somewhere too, but judging by your 58,000+ posts, you live on your computer. :lmao Fat loser with shit takes. :lmao

ElNono
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
You should be admitting that's what you meant, otherwise your shit logic applies to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili too. Dump those "scrubs" too since their stats are down from 4 years ago? :lmao Dumb faggot.

More shit takes :lmao

This isn't rocket science. Blair is going to be a free agent this summer, the Spurs seemingly have no interest in handing him a contract, he's not a fan favorite/sell tickets, and his production has bottomed out since he was drafted (and he was drafted already in the 2nd round), and he already had a couple of meltdowns. Spurs will likely see him walk away at the end of the season anyways. Only a complete retard thinks this situation is comparable to Duncan, Parker or Gino AT ALL.

My question had to do with his contract being fully guaranteed for this season or not. If it was not, then the Spurs could ship his ass out, and sign a cheaper and new project they can work with in the long term. That's not happening with Blair.
But apparently his contract is fully guaranteed, so the point is moot.

I wouild tell you to go back to somewhere too, but judging by your 58,000+ posts, you live on your computer. :lmao Fat loser with shit takes. :lmao

Post count smack... :lmao what's next? bragging about your 2k12 mad skillz? :lmao

HI-FI
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
with Blair's bootytastic GF, i get the feeling he's probably lived above his means, just a guess...I wish him the best but can't imagine too many teams will come a knocking.

playblair
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
^ because a team wouldn't want a player who put up 30/20 in an nba game .....

maverick1948
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Looks funny to me, reading an article that uses the words "string of poor performances" when he has only been there 3 games. Makes me wonder where the writer got his information. First 2 games, he did not see a lot of court time, but in game 3, he was on for 24 min scored 10 pts on 5 of 7 shooting. Pulled down 4 boards and 1 assist. The 24 min were more than the previous 2 games combined. I wonder if the writer just wrote this down or if something really happened.

td4mvp2k
12-07-2012, 12:15 AM
You keep Blair but if you can trade him you do it.

Kidd K
12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
More shit takes :lmao

This isn't rocket science. Blair is going to be a free agent this summer, the Spurs seemingly have no interest in handing him a contract, he's not a fan favorite/sell tickets, and his production has bottomed out since he was drafted (and he was drafted already in the 2nd round), and he already had a couple of meltdowns. Spurs will likely see him walk away at the end of the season anyways. Only a complete retard thinks this situation is comparable to Duncan, Parker or Gino AT ALL.

My question had to do with his contract being fully guaranteed for this season or not. If it was not, then the Spurs could ship his ass out, and sign a cheaper and new project they can work with in the long term. That's not happening with Blair.
But apparently his contract is fully guaranteed, so the point is moot.

Post count smack... :lmao what's next? bragging about your 2k12 mad skillz? :lmao

You're right, it isn't rocket science. You don't outright release a player that you can trade for picks. Even a 2nd round pick is better than nothing, stupid fuck. Talk about a dumbfan knee jerk reaction.

And actually yes, if your shit logic for why you don't like Blair is that "his stats have dropped from 3-4 years ago", then oh look, applying your same shit logic (which truly is shit) to every Spur who's played in the NBA for more than a few years: Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Jackson, Diaw, Bonner, Splitter, even Danny Green and Pat Mills, also fall into the same category of having lower statistics from years ago.

So unless you're admitting you're a flip flopping faggot who doesn't use the same logic except when it suits his agenda, your horrendous reasoning for wanting Blair gone, and apply it to the rest of the team. . .then by the same logic you think the whole team needs to be replaced besides Neal, and players who haven't played enough to be able to fall into that category (1st and 2nd year players). Which leaves you with about 5 players. Neal, Leonard, De Colo, Anderson, and Joseph. 3 of which have been in reserve most of the year and/or been bouncing between the NBA and the D League.

If that isn't what you meant, then you either A: Have to admit your reasoning about Blair (his stats) are flawed and wrong, plus that you have a shit take. Or B: Don't, and prove you're an inconsistent, flip flopping, ignorant faggot who changes his criteria for who's good and bad based on whatever suits your current stupid ass agenda against whatever player you're witch hunting against at the time. Or C: Realize quietly to yourself that it's actually A and B, yet deny that it's either outwardly (with no good explanation, just more of the same shitfest you usually display) to save face.

Take your pick. I know it'll be C though.

ElNono
12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
You're right, it isn't rocket science. You don't outright release a player that you can trade for picks. Even a 2nd round pick is better than nothing, stupid fuck.

So that's what you think the Spurs can get for Blair? :lmao
Blair was already a 2nd round pick because no team wanted to take a flyer at him, and frankly, while his knees more or less held out, his game did not.

Spursfan overrating talent is nothing new though. People thought we could get anything from scrubs like RMJ or Bogans, and obviously the Spurs were happy to let them walk away when nobody was biting.

We'll see what happens with Blair when the season ends. I suspect the Spurs are simply gonna let him walk, making this entire conversation moot.

But you go ahead and trade him for a 2nd round pick in 2k12 :lmao

Kidd K
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
So that's what you think the Spurs can get for Blair? :lmao
Blair was already a 2nd round pick because no team wanted to take a flyer at him, and frankly, while his knees more or less held out, his game did not.

Spursfan overrating talent is nothing new though. People thought we could get anything from scrubs like RMJ or Bogans, and obviously the Spurs were happy to let them walk away when nobody was biting.

We'll see what happens with Blair when the season ends. I suspect the Spurs are simply gonna let him walk, making this entire conversation moot.

But you go ahead and trade him for a 2nd round pick in 2k12 :lmao

Blair is already better than most second rounders turn out, so yes, he's easily worth a second round pick. Just how many players do you think turn out good every year? All 60? :lmao

Spurfan shit talking Spur player who isn't beasting and demanding he be traded is nothing new either. Just knee-jerk reactionism and unrealistic expectations. I didn't think we can get shit for Bogans either, so you can stop straw man arguing shit I never said.

Not re-signing Blair after the season and outright releasing him mid-season are two different things too. So if they don't re-sign Blair, it doesn't validate your take at all. Your take was for the Spurs to release Blair now, not let him go at the end of the season. Now you're back peddling and revising your take to be more reasonable. Tsk tsk.

The fuck do you keep talking about 2k12 for? That's like the 4th time. Do you really lack creativity that much that you have to keep repeating the same dumb shit? I already replied to that the first time you said it. I'll paste it for you since you apparently have a bad memory.

Brazil
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
:popcorn

Brazil
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
:popcorn

the fuck

Brazil
12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
:corn: here we go

ElNono
12-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Blair is already better than most second rounders turn out

says who, you? :lol more overrating... :jack

Not re-signing Blair after the season and outright releasing him mid-season are two different things too. So if they don't re-sign Blair, it doesn't validate your take at all. Your take was for the Spurs to release Blair now, not let him go at the end of the season. Now you're back peddling and revising your take to be more reasonable. Tsk tsk.

So the Spurs, who always end up with talent at the bottom of the 2nd round (and that they routinely end up cutting them), will let a player who "is already better than most second rounders" just walk away at the end of the season, and that's OK... this is why you get called out on your shit takes all the time. :lol

And my reasoning is sound. Blair is a lost project. *IF* the Spurs could've cut ties now (which was my question) and sign another "project/toros guy" for cheaper, they could both save money and start working on another project guy. It makes complete sense unless you're retarded or Kidd K... obviously, since the Spurs can't cut ties now without an economic penalty, he'll complete his current contract in San Antonio.

:cry The fuck do you keep talking about 2k12 for? That's like the 4th time. :cry

brah, you sound upset, tbh

ElNono
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
:corn: here we go

sup Stalin :lol

therealtruth
12-08-2012, 01:02 AM
A second round pick at 60th in the draft is as good as not having a second round pick.

Kidd K
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM

So the Spurs, who always end up with talent at the bottom of the 2nd round (and that they routinely end up cutting them), will let a player who "is already better than most second rounders" just walk away at the end of the season, and that's OK... this is why you get called out on your shit takes all the time. :lol

And my reasoning is sound. Blair is a lost project. *IF* the Spurs could've cut ties now (which was my question) and sign another "project/toros guy" for cheaper, they could both save money and start working on another project guy. It makes complete sense unless you're retarded or Kidd K... obviously, since the Spurs can't cut ties now without an economic penalty, he'll complete his current contract in San Antonio.

brah, you sound upset, tbh

This is why you're dumb as hell. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You just argued that they should release Blair right now, so you cannot post points advocating how dumb it'd be to let Blair go at the end of the season. You're just arguing against yourself. -_- Yet another liquid shit take by you. And yes, using Blair for the entire season is better than cutting him and still paying his salary while not getting any use. It's really sad you're actually arguing that. :lmao

Your shit reasoning to begin with also doesn't make sense, since you fail to take into account that Blair-caliber talents don't just grow on trees. They aren't out their ripe for the picking. All those guys are already signed. And if they aren't, they either cost more than Blair, are worse than Blair, much older than Blair, or are shit in the locker room. This is why your take completely sucks.

So for all your "ifs", none of which can happen in reality, you sat here posting over and over defending your points. . .when they were baseless to begin with. Repeated shit takes.. Cutting Blair is stupid, as I said to begin with. Costs money to do so, can't get a better replacement for same salary, and even if you could, you're still paying Blair's salary. . .so at a realistic best case scenerio, you get a guy similar to Blair's production just to have someone besides Blair for. . .whatever reason. . .AND you pay twice as much.

Shittiest take I've ever seen.

ElNono
12-08-2012, 08:17 PM
And yes, using Blair for the entire season is better than cutting him and still paying his salary while not getting any use. It's really sad you're actually arguing that. :lmao

:lol first post in this thread:

and have his salary no longer count towards the lux tax?

Faggot can't read either. Color me unsurprised :lmao

you fail to take into account that Blair-caliber talents don't just grow on trees.

:lol more overrating. Let's see what the Spurs do at season's end. I have $100 the Spurs let Blair walk. Gonna put your money where your mouth is? We can have Kori coordinate it, so there's no :cry:cry:cry:cry

Boomersgold
12-08-2012, 08:30 PM
"Blair is already better than most second rounders turn out."

Elnono, wtf are you on about?

ElNono
12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Elnono, wtf are you on about?

Blair won't get a contract from the Spurs when his deal is done, that's what I'm on about. Disagree?

Kidd K
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol first post in this thread:

Faggot can't read either. Color me unsurprised :lmao

Apparently, shit posters with low intelligence such as yourself have simple comments go right over their head easily.

Your point is shit because your fantasy is that the Spurs can cut Blair and not have to pay him. Then you're talking about replacing him with someone who's supposedly better. . .yet cheaper. And of course, this also wouldn't count against the luxury tax due to pixie dust magic. :lmao Pure stupidity. You can re-post your stupid comments all you want, they're still stupid. :lmao

:lol more overrating. Let's see what the Spurs do at season's end. I have $100 the Spurs let Blair walk. Gonna put your money where your mouth is? We can have Kori coordinate it, so there's no :cry:cry:cry:cry

It isn't overrating. There aren't a bunch of DeJuan Blairs sitting at home hoping to get a call for a shitty deal.

Also, I don't see what the point of your bet is since that isn't what you said to begin with. Nor did I ever say the Spurs wouldn't let him walk at the end of the season. You wanted Blair released now. Now you're talking about Spurs not re-signing him at the end of the season. Different shit entirely. Or are you do dumb that you think using someone until their contract is up then not re-signing is the same as cutting him midseason? :lmao More shit logic.

Why do you keep flip flopping on everything faggot? :lmao

Boomersgold
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Blair won't get a contract from the Spurs when his deal is done, that's what I'm on about. Disagree?

Probably, but Blair's head and shoulders above the average second rounder. In fact, most of our second round players are heads and shoulders above the average second rounder (Patty, De Colo, Ginobili etc).

Capt Bringdown
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Bonner
I don't see how/why Blair is needed. But I got no problem with him sticking around as long as his worthless ass is nailed to the bench.
Problem is that Pop doesn't see how limited he is and insists on gifting him minutes.
That's a cute trick in the context of the regular season - the post-season is another story.
"But-but this year it'll be different."

ElNono
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Your point is shit because your fantasy is that the Spurs can cut Blair and not have to pay him.

Dejuan Blair last season contract is only partially guaranteed (per here (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/dejuan-blairs-contract) and here (http://www.hoopsworld.com/san-antonio-spurs-team-salary/)).
So the only question is when does it become fully guaranteed. If the Spurs choose to release him before then, they effectively don't have to pay the reminder of the contract.

:lol videogame GM doesn't know how NBA contracts work.
:lol fantasy
:lol shit takes per par

The remaining question was whether he would still count towards the lux tax, which is where this thread was going.

It isn't overrating. There aren't a bunch of DeJuan Blairs sitting at home hoping to get a call for a shitty deal.

So that's a "no, I don't put my money where my mouth is"? :lol

ElNono
12-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Probably, but Blair's head and shoulders above the average second rounder. In fact, most of our second round players are heads and shoulders above the average second rounder (Patty, De Colo, Ginobili etc).

then you would think the Spurs would rather pay that guy instead of letting him walk and have to fish for talent again at the bottom of the 2nd round...

Kidd K
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Dejuan Blair last season contract is only partially guaranteed (per here (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/dejuan-blairs-contract) and here (http://www.hoopsworld.com/san-antonio-spurs-team-salary/)).
So the only question is when does it become fully guaranteed. If the Spurs choose to release him before then, they effectively don't have to pay the reminder of the contract.

:lol videogame GM doesn't know how NBA contracts work.
:lol fantasy
:lol shit takes per par

The remaining question was whether he would still count towards the lux tax, which is where this thread was going.

Obviously you don't know how NBA contracts work, because you think they can cut Blair and still sign someone else (who's magically better, cheaper, and just as young/younger despite Blair being good for his salary), yet it somehow doesn't count towards the tax. Shit take as it's worst. Dumb fuck doesn't know how salary cap works, has to make thread for it.

As for your stupid question, the Spurs aren't even in the luxury tax. They're roughly 200k under it. They can keep Blair and not pay tax. :lmao Pointless thread is pointless.

So that's a "no, I don't put my money where my mouth is"? :lol

That's a, "no, I'm not going to bet against something that has zero to do with what you argued for in the first place".

You posting a bet about him being not re-signed at the end of the season has nothing to do any of with your arguments. So yes, obviously I have no reason to take the bet, since it isn't an event I've argued against, nor is it one you've argued for. What you actually should be betting, if you wanted to be relevant, would be that the Spurs cut him before the season's over. That's what you've been advocating.

Kidd K
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
then you would think the Spurs would rather pay that guy instead of letting him walk and have to fish for talent again at the bottom of the 2nd round...

You'd think the Spurs would rather pay a "good 2nd round talent" 3m+ a year like they are Bonner, instead of "fish for a guy" they can pay under 1m for 4 years? :lmao

More shit logic! Blair is good now because he gets paid peanuts. Blair would no longer become a bargain if he was making 3m+. How do you not understand this? :lmao

ElNono
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Obviously you don't know how NBA contracts work, because you think they can cut Blair and still sign someone else (who's magically better, cheaper, and just as young/younger despite Blair being good for his salary), yet it somehow doesn't count towards the tax. Shit take as it's worst. Dumb fuck doesn't know how salary cap works, has to make thread for it.

As for your stupid question, the Spurs aren't even in the luxury tax. They're roughly 200k under it. They can keep Blair and not pay tax. :lmao Pointless thread is pointless.

:lol going from "cut blair and not pay him" to "cut blair and sign someone else" once the first one was debunked
:lol goal-posts ever changing after getting your ass handed to you
:lol more reading comprehension fail from the idiot.

I asked (first post): "his salary no longer count towards the lux tax?"

And there's a reason for that: the minimum guaranteed salary for a rook is $473,604. If the Spurs can scrub the $900K they're paying Blair, they get the flexibility to sign a vet (with up to 6 years in the league) or sign a Toros project guy, save the $700K difference, and remain under the lux tax line.

However, the question arises because in some instances, you can cut a player and get the cap relief, but his contract will still count towards the luxury tax penalty. So my question had to do with the savings being there or not.

:lol resorting to flat out lying
:lol more shit takes

That's a, "no, I'm not going to bet against something that has zero to do with what you argued for in the first place".

:lol of course you won't. And I'm still arguing about what I posted in the very first post. The only one moving the goalposts is you, tbh, as exposed a couple times already...

ElNono
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
You'd think the Spurs would rather pay a "good 2nd round talent" 3m+ a year like they are Bonner, instead of "fish for a guy" they can pay under 1m for 4 years? :lmao

More shit logic! Blair is good now because he gets paid peanuts. Blair would no longer become a bargain if he was making 3m+. How do you not understand this? :lmao

Blair is no longer a long term project for the Spurs. They won't pay him when the season ends, which is my point all along.

The Spurs can pay even less (about half what Blair gets paid) for a project guy that they can work on longer term. But they can only do that if they can kill the impact of whatever is left on Blair's salary towards the luxury tax.

Logic is sound unless you're a retard :lol

my2sons
12-09-2012, 01:36 PM
so i guess I can use Blair still starts, knows the offense and defense and since no one wants him he may still come cheap next year, wow,didn't even have to overrate laughing smiley laughing smiley....Pop gets more out of players, blair allows pop to use bonner the way he's supposed to be used and is contributing this year....OMG he might even have trade value....why cut NOW when you can wait to see a player who is contributing to one of the best records in the NBA before the trade deadline and pick up another DLeague scrub....I'm sure that scrub would be overrated...insert laughy face insert laughy face

ElNono
12-09-2012, 02:14 PM
so i guess I can use Blair still starts, knows the offense and defense and since no one wants him he may still come cheap next year, wow,didn't even have to overrate laughing smiley laughing smiley....Pop gets more out of players, blair allows pop to use bonner the way he's supposed to be used and is contributing this year....OMG he might even have trade value....why cut NOW when you can wait to see a player who is contributing to one of the best records in the NBA before the trade deadline and pick up another DLeague scrub....I'm sure that scrub would be overrated...insert laughy face insert laughy face

Because the Spurs couldn't have the best record in the league if Blair wouldn't be there :rolleyes

:lol more overrating. Blair's play has been in the decline, and it's not more obvious than the recent increase in minutes for Bonner. And frankly, he's been bitching about his minutes since game 1 this season and done absolutely nothing to earn those minutes.

As far as trading, depends what do you think his value is... and at that point we enter entirely opinion territory. Personally, as stated, I don't think you can get anything but low 2nd round. Just IMO.

Kidd K
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
:lol going from "cut blair and not pay him" to "cut blair and sign someone else" once the first one was debunked
:lol goal-posts ever changing after getting your ass handed to you
:lol more reading comprehension fail from the idiot.

You did say both things, faggot. Both things can exist at the same time.

Title of thread + your first post:

Can the Spurs release Blair and have his salary no longer count towards the lux tax?

I just can't think any team would be interested in trading for him, and I would rather see some hungry scrub from the Toros getting his minutes at this point."

Now your faggot ass is claiming you didn't just advocate the Spurs cut Blair, not pay him, then replace him with someone else. . . . . .when that's exactly what your post says. It's pathetic you're claiming you meant something else. What you said is very black and white. There's no grey area there. You had a shit take, and your post is still there for everyone to read. So you can stop lying about it now.

:lol of course you won't. And I'm still arguing about what I posted in the very first post. The only one moving the goalposts is you, tbh, as exposed a couple times already...

Obviously I won't, because you wanted Blair cut mid season. Yet somehow, your "bet" is that the Spurs don't re-sign him at the end of the season. . .which has nothing to do with "cutting" or replacing him mid season. So why the fuck would I bet you $100 over something that has nothing to do with what we were arguing about in the first place? Dumb fuck.

A bet that would actually reflect your shit take, would be to bet me the Spurs don't trade him, cut him mid season, then replace him with a superior player who gets paid equal to or less money. That's what the shitty take you posted originally was advocating.

Blair is no longer a long term project for the Spurs. They won't pay him when the season ends, which is my point all along.

The Spurs can pay even less (about half what Blair gets paid) for a project guy that they can work on longer term. But they can only do that if they can kill the impact of whatever is left on Blair's salary towards the luxury tax.

Logic is sound unless you're a retard :lol

Logic sucks dick because you don't take into account that quality bigs with upside who are also cheap are players who already have contracts by the teams who drafted them. . .not guys who got cut by teams who thought they sucked, and are just sitting at home scratching their ass waiting to take the worst NBA deal imaginable.

That's the main flaw in your original shitty take. You think there's tons of bigs floating around just waiting to get the worst deals possible. You're in some delusional fantasy world with that shit thinking.

Also, do you seriously think Blair isn't getting paychecks throughout the season? :lol "they won't pay him when the season ends"? :lmao? What, Blair's playing for free right now, and if Holt feels like it, he just won't pay him after the season? :lol More shit takes.

ElNono
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Now your faggot ass is claiming you didn't just advocate the Spurs cut Blair, not pay him, then replace him with someone else. . . . . .when that's exactly what your post says.

It's a question, idiot. Can you even fucking read?

I'm not "advocating" anything. I'm asking: should the Spurs want to do that, can they?

Stop trying to tell me what I said. I know what I wrote, it's there for everyone to see. Apparently, other people understood it just fine. The only retard with the bleeding vagina is you.

Logic sucks dick because you don't take into account that quality bigs with upside who are also cheap are players who already have contracts by the teams who drafted them. . .

WTF are you babbling about now? I didn't name any names. I simply mentioned some Toros project guy the Spurs can work longer term. A guy like Wangmene or Wilkerson (or Dentmon)... they're all guys the Spurs can lift from the Toros, are cheaper and do the same bench warming and human victory cigar routine that Blair has been pretty much relegated to. The difference is that if the Spurs want to keep them they don't have to pay them as a 4 year vet.

Also, do you seriously think Blair isn't getting paychecks throughout the season? :lol "they won't pay him when the season ends"? :lmao?

:wow :lmao

I shouldn't need to explain what that means, but I forget I'm talking to a retard. What that means is the Spurs won't offer him a contract when the season ends. In other words, when the season is over, he isn't getting a new guaranteed deal from the Spurs (IOW "getting paid").

Let me know if you got it this time, or if I need to spell it out for you. :lmao

Kidd K
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
It's a question, idiot. Can you even fucking read?

I'm not "advocating" anything. I'm asking: should the Spurs want to do that, can they?

Stop trying to tell me what I said. I know what I wrote, it's there for everyone to see. Apparently, other people understood it just fine. The only retard with the bleeding vagina is you.

You were obviously asking because that's what you wanted to happen. You followed up by saying you would rather have a d leaguer on the team instead of him.

It's black and white, faggot.

WTF are you babbling about now? I didn't name any names. I simply mentioned some Toros project guy the Spurs can work longer term. A guy like Wangmene or Wilkerson (or Dentmon)... they're all guys the Spurs can lift from the Toros, are cheaper and do the same bench warming and human victory cigar routine that Blair has been pretty much relegated to. The difference is that if the Spurs want to keep them they don't have to pay them as a 4 year vet.

wah wah, but you said you didn't want him replaced! Now you're going into detail about who could replace him.

lol @ this faggot trying to argue on both sides of the fence while claiming he isn't on either.

I shouldn't need to explain what that means, but I forget I'm talking to a retard. What that means is the Spurs won't offer him a contract when the season ends. In other words, when the season is over, he isn't getting a new guaranteed deal from the Spurs (IOW "getting paid").

lol! You're such a dumb faggot.

Not offering him a deal AFTER the season does not = "cutting" him, nor does it impact luxury tax THIS year, as he's already been paid. And this doesn't even touch on the fact that you think random D leaguers are better than Blair + better fits instantly somehow.

Everything about your take is shit. Every single aspect of it. :lmao

Paranoid Pop
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Also releasing him is sparing us chemistry issues when he doesn't get babysitted anymore and loses his starting spot again. They may still hope to use him in a trade or something...

ElNono
12-10-2012, 08:23 PM
You were obviously asking because that's what you wanted to happen. You followed up by saying you would rather have a d leaguer on the team instead of him.

I wouldn't have a problem if it happened, but I understand it definitely won't happen if the Spurs at least don't break even. Thus the question.

wah wah, but you said you didn't want him replaced!

quote where I said that? :lol

I was responding to your ":cry you don't take into account that quality bigs with upside who are also cheap are players who already have contracts by the teams who drafted them :cry"...

Which per par was another goalpost move... so I listed some guys that are readily available for the Spurs to call up and cost cheaper than Blair should they decide (or are able) to go that route.

In other words, you (again) don't know what you're talking about. :lmao

Not offering him a deal AFTER the season does not = "cutting" him, nor does it impact luxury tax THIS year, as he's already been paid. And this doesn't even touch on the fact that you think random D leaguers are better than Blair + better fits instantly somehow.

Goddamn you're stupid. :lol

Who ever said anything like that? I want quotes where I sad that "not offering him a deal after the season = cutting him" or that "offering him a deal next year impacts the luxury tax this season"...

What's really hard to understand is how you're the only one that doesn't understand what I'm saying at all. And BTW, I finally did found out the answer to my question.

Since you know so much, let's hear it. Can the Spurs release Blair before his contract becomes fully guaranteed, and does it count against the luxury cap? Let's hear it from the videogame GM :lmao