PDA

View Full Version : The gloves have come off! LOL

Yonivore
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Well now! Far be it from me to get all high-mindedly horrified about the prospect of a campaign not based on "the issues." And there's something to be said for the drama of a truly vicious campaign, as against the "stronger-at-home-respected-in-the-world" garbage of the Democratic Convention or the incessant whining of the postconvention Kerry.

But dwelling on minor allegations of wrongdoing in the far-off past seems unlikely to bring down an incumbent president. Do you really think people care whether George W. Bush was in Alabama in 1972?

Suppose you're an employer and you hear that one of your employees, who's been working for you for about four years, once had a drinking problem and in fact pleaded guilty nearly 30 years ago to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence. You actually heard about all this when you initially hired him, and it did give you second thoughts, but in the end you decided to give him a chance. In the four years he's been working for you, you've seen no sign that he's fallen off the wagon. Is there any cause here to fire him? Even if the revelation about his past were new, wouldn't it have to be pretty severe to constitute grounds for termination?

Now say someone comes to you looking for a job. Right off the bat, you notice something strange about his résumé: It goes on for page after page about a job he held for four months, more than 35 years ago, but makes only the barest mention of anything he's done since. You have him in for an interview, and he can't give you a straight answer to any question about what he plans to do in the job if you hire him. Instead he sounds like a bar-stool bore, with a bad habit of repeating the same lame boasts about that long-ago four-month stint again and again and again and again and...oh well, you get it.

Still, you decide to check out his references.

John Edwards:

"If you have any question about what John Kerry is made of, just spend three minutes with the men who served with him."
Some sing his praises quite extravagantly, but a greater number describe him harshly as a man of dubious character, and some accuse him of lying on his résumé. He acknowledges a few embellishments but refuses to provide you with documents that would shed light on the other accusations.

Would you hire this man? And would you fire an employee of four years' standing in order to create an opening for him?

Tommy Duncan
09-08-2004, 10:57 AM
But dwelling on minor allegations of wrongdoing in the far-off past seems unlikely to bring down an incumbent president. Do you really think people care whether George W. Bush was in Alabama in 1972?

Therein lies the problem for the left. This story has been tried three times now, at least. Bush's political life story is that he had a wild early adulthood and he didn't shape up until he found Gawd and Laura.

Hook Dem
09-08-2004, 11:08 AM
It is desperation time now for the left and they will stop at nothing to bring down a good man. It's really funny(while sad) that they have nothing solid to run on. Just as long as a liberal can run this country.

sportcamper1
09-08-2004, 12:36 PM
http://images.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/blurb/2004-09/11778521.jpg

Hey Kerry...I cut myself shaving on Air Force-1...And I am thinking of awarding myself a Purple Heart...

Joe Chalupa
09-08-2004, 12:39 PM
^^RACK 'IM!!^^ :rollin