PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight Howard calls out Kobe for his poor D

AaronY
12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard Get Into Yelling Match During Lakers Win Over Hornets by Doug Kyed on Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:35PM Comments (1) inShare

Things are getting a little testy between the two biggest stars on the Lakers. Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard got into a yelling match on the court during the Lakers’ win over the Hornets on Wednesday, according to Kevin Ding of The Orange County Register. Apparently, the argument started over a disagreement about the Lakers’ defensive rotation. If the Lakers’ can’t get along, they could be in for a long season. The Lakers won the game 103-87, so the tift didn’t affect their performance on Wednesday, but its something to monitor moving forward. You can read Ding’s series of tweets below to follow the fight.

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Dwight in disbelief at Kobe's lack of defensive rotation on Robin Lopez dunk. NO 12, LA 7. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Dwight and Kobe yelling at each other after Lopez gets another open basket. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Dwight yelled at Kobe for not rotating to Lopez. Kobe yelled back at Dwight, pointing toward the other end of the court. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Now in the timeout huddle, Dwight is standing up and pointing a finger in the face of the seated Kobe. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Don’t worry, though. The quarrel didn’t last all game. Before long, the two Lakers were slapping hands and helping each other up.

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Dwight did go slap Kobe's hand after Kobe made a free throw. Kobe's D improved after timeout. ... NO 23, LA 20 after 1Q. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

KEVIN DING@KevinDing Kobe went to sit next to Dwight at the end of the bench. At start of this timeout, Kobe reached out a hand to help pull Dwight to his feet. 5 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

The Lakers currently stand at 9-10, so if the team wants to turn their season around, they may want to keep in the in-house fighting to a minimum. Bryant scored his 30,000th career point, and finished with 29 on the game. Howard scored 18 and grabbed eight boards.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/12/kobe-bryant-dwight-howard-get-into-yelling-match-during-lakers-win-over-hornets/

Kidd K
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Dwight in disbelief at Kobe's lack of defensive rotation on Robin Lopez dunk

Dwight and Kobe yelling at each other after Lopez gets another open basket

Dwight yelled at Kobe for not rotating to Lopez. Kobe yelled back at Dwight, pointing toward the other end of the court

:lmao Kobe's words during events of the third tweet: "That's the end of the court I play on! Don't you know that?".

TimmehC
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Holy shit, somebody actually got Kobe to listen to criticism?

purplengold
12-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Kobe got no interest in defense, ain't gon change unless Dwight play ta his ego n say he canna defend anymore

Seventyniner
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Just Kobe/Shaq picking up where they left off tbh

JRHernandez88
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
It's about damn time.

DMC
12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Their in-house fighting is necessary to draw attention to where it needs to be if they hope to win. There's an elephant in the room and it's cross-eyed and a rapist.

KaiRMD1
12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Wow, they helped each other up!

Koolaid_Man
12-06-2012, 01:28 PM
stop being a gossip spreading pussy...(no pun)

timvp
12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Kobe is literally the worst defensive perimeter player in the NBA right now. It used to be Gary Neal but he at least tries now. Kobe doesn't defend his man, make proper rotations or even get back on D. The only thing he does is sag into the paint and occasionally go for steals. Yet he'll be named to the All-Defense first team again, per par.

Dwight: "Can you play some defense, Mr. Bryant?"

Kobe: "I'm gotta save my mothaf@#$ing energy for shooting the mothaf@#$ing ball you fa&&ot"

Dwight: "Sorry, Mr. Bryant. High Five?"

Koolaid_Man
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Their in-house fighting is necessary to draw attention to where it needs to be if they hope to win. There's an elephant in the room and it's cross-eyed and a rapist.

Listen numnuts...LA is Kobe's town...Dwight will learn to eat in due time...Kobe doesn't give a shit about him being the future franchise..Dwight's ass ain't going no fucking where...he'll soon learn...as long as he tow the Company line he'll be ok...but Kobe gives and takes away LA privileges...just ask Raja Bell...when he closed lined Kobe the gangbangers threatened to kill him..He had to call the FBI for protection...to my point..Kobe is the giver of the keys to the city and right now Dwight doesn't have any keys...

AaronY
12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
stop being a gossip spreading pussy...(no pun)

lol

Koolaid_Man
12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Kobe is literally the worst defensive perimeter player in the NBA right now. It used to be Gary Neal but he at least tries now. Kobe doesn't defend his man, make proper rotations or even get back on D. The only thing he does is sag into the paint and occasionally go for steals. Yet he'll be named to the All-Defense first team again, per par.

Kobe: "I'm gotta save my mothaf@#$ing energy for shooting the mothaf@#$ing ball you fa&&ot"

First things first --> You don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

Kobe doesn't defend out of disrespect...it's just a habit that he developed over the years playing against inferior competition...it's called fucking with your opponents head...sure it may cost us occasionally but my nigga has earned the right to play defense when he feels like it...just like that TOSB Duncan...he gets time off, is sheltered by pop, and plays when he fucking feels like it..so cut the BS...

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
:cry Ship his ass out :cry

Bynumite
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
This would never happen in San Antonio, too much class.

Jim would never call out a teammate like that, even if that teammate was Parker and he was screwing Duncan's wife.

timvp
12-06-2012, 01:44 PM
First things first --> You don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

Kobe doesn't defend out of disrespect...it's just a habit that he developed over the years playing against inferior competition...it's called fucking with your opponents head...sure it may cost us occasionally but my nigga has earned the right to play defense when he feels like it...just like that TOSB Duncan...he gets time off, is sheltered by pop, and plays when he fucking feels like it..so cut the BS...8.9/10

This would never happen in San Antonio, too much class.

Jim would never call out a teammate like that, even if that teammate was Parker and he was screwing Duncan's wife.1.5/10

Koolaid_Man
12-06-2012, 02:00 PM
8.9/10

1.5/10

How much will I get for this if I ask you to play it for Kori..compliments of Kool :hat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTyfVh3nmU

FkLA
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Can you imagine if Dwight gets Kobe to try on defense? Anything short of a gifted DPOY award from the media would shock me tbh.

racm
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI

Danny.Zhu
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
:lmao Kobe's words during events of the third tweet: "That's the end of the court I play on! Don't you know that?".

:lol

Sean Cagney
12-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Kobe is one of the most overrated defenders ever IMO! Not saying he was not good at times but he is very overrated on D. My argument came in 04 when Hamilton and Billups were going off, why not slide over to defend them if you are such an all world all D team defender? 08 Boston! Why not guard Pierce or Allen to shut them down while going off? He did none of the above, instead he guarded Prince and Rondo, and then the others proceeded to burn his team. If he were an all world or first team D player he slides over to guard them, period.

Latarian Milton
12-07-2012, 09:04 AM
:lol
is kidd k's post the only one you understand well in this thread, sir? another solid proof of him being a chink imho, kidd k is a chink and a faggot