PDA

View Full Version : Allez les petits (Rugby non-official thread)

romain.star
12-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Not sure if anyone is into Rugby aorund here....

Various topics to be discussed nevertheless:
- 2015 WC draw: Will England get out of the Group of death?
- Looming 6 Nations: France is the superior team but faces the uneasy odd year schedule (horrid record at Twick)
- Newlook 4 Nations: Is Argentina goint to turn into the ''southern wooden spoon Italia''?
- IRB Player of the Year: Dan Carter gets his second award 7 years after. Best ever?
- H Cup : Leinster visits Clermont this weekend: end of the 3 years unbeaten home streak? / is Toulon beatable this season?
- General : why is J. Wilkinson English?

lefty
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Some of my French buddies who are into rugby root for the All Blacks, is that normal?

If I were French, I would root for France TBH

Edit : just noticed your all black avy .... so you too ?

DAF86
12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
- Newlook 4 Nations: Is Argentina goint to turn into the ''southern wooden spoon Italia''?

lol of course. Although I was surprised to get a draw and see how close some of the games were.

I love that they made it to this tourney, Playing so often with the three best teams in the World will make our NT imrpove a lot.

romain.star
12-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Some of my French buddies who are into rugby root for the All Blacks, is that normal?

If I were French, I would root for France TBH

Edit : just noticed your all black avy .... so you too ?

All sports included, there are 3 games that gave me real chills. All of them were World Cup clashes between France and the All Black (semi final 99', quarter final 07' and final 11').

I root for France no matter who's on the other side but I have the highest respect for the ABs who dominate their sport like no other, with brilliance and class (and probably doping too).

Rugby is not a world wide sport (and actually i kind of like that ''intimacy'') so i think we, rugby fans (Aussies aside), take pride in having the ABs as our ambassadors

Maybe you can Youtube the famous 07' and 11' Haka delivered by the ABs against France: pure beauty

romain.star
12-07-2012, 05:56 AM

lol of course. Although I was surprised to get a draw and see how close some of the games were.

I love that they made it to this tourney, Playing so often with the three best teams in the World will make our NT imrpove a lot.

IMO, Argentina has a major advantage over Italy: it regularly produces world class players (that goes beyond the ''JM Hernandez'' golden generation). All they needed was playing high level games on a yearly basis.

The question now is: how should the Argentinian rugby be organized? Should they develop a domestic league? Or is it wiser to incoprorate 2/3 Argentinian clubs within the Super 15? Can they prevent their best players from signing in the lucrative French Top 14?

lefty
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
All sports included, there are 3 games that gave me real chills. All of them were World Cup clashes between France and the All Black (semi final 99', quarter final 07' and final 11').

I root for France no matter who's on the other side but I have the highest respect for the ABs who dominate their sport like no other, with brilliance and class (and probably doping too).

Rugby is not a world wide sport (and actually i kind of like that ''intimacy'') so i think we, rugby fans (Aussies aside), take pride in having the ABs as our ambassadors

Maybe you can Youtube the famous 07' and 11' Haka delivered by the ABs against France: pure beauty

Ah ok

I'll check out the YT video; thanks

DAF86
12-07-2012, 03:17 PM
IMO, Argentina has a major advantage over Italy: it regularly produces world class players (that goes beyond the ''JM Hernandez'' golden generation). All they needed was playing high level games on a yearly basis.

The question now is: how should the Argentinian rugby be organized? Should they develop a domestic league? Or is it wiser to incoprorate 2/3 Argentinian clubs within the Super 15? Can they prevent their best players from signing in the lucrative French Top 14?

The way to go imho is to develop a profesional domestic league, I don't think it's possible for us financialy to keep our best players in the country and/or incorporate clubs in the Super 15.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2012, 05:12 AM
australia still rebuilding...:(

now if its rugby league...different rules then union, australia will be stacked