PDA

View Full Version : Family/Kid activities that seem to have been lost.

reason
12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
When was the last time, or has there ever been a time, when the family or just the kids played a game of croquet?..or lawn darts...or kick ball..or badminton? Has family fun time gone the way of electronics?
We still do game night about once a month and breakout the old board games. Old school LIFE and Monopoly are still family favorites.

mrsmaalox
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't think they've have gone away, I see families doing those things all the time. But if a family has lost their together time because of electronics, I think it's more a sign of their personal priorities than of the times we live in.

Drachen
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
When was the last time, or has there ever been a time, when the family or just the kids played a game of croquet?..or lawn darts...or kick ball..or badminton? Has family fun time gone the way of electronics?
We still do game night about once a month and breakout the old board games. Old school LIFE and Monopoly are still family favorites.

We play croquet every time we head on down to the coast (just like when I was a kid). Never played a lot of lawn darts, but I will say that we haven't played wiffle ball like we used to every thanksgiving.

leemajors
12-06-2012, 07:18 PM
lawn darts are banned and have been since the late 80s.

SA210
12-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Family/Kid activities that seem to have been lost.

Whoopins

TeyshaBlue
12-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't think they've have gone away, I see families doing those things all the time. But if a family has lost their together time because of electronics, I think it's more a sign of their personal priorities than of the times we live in.

Indeed. We've got all the electronic goodies ever made at my house. lol

We spend more time out riding our buggies and dirt bikes than playing xbox tho.

benefactor
12-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Kickball was awesome. Middle school kids don't play that anymore?

leemajors
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Kickball was awesome. Middle school kids don't play that anymore?

they still play in the field behind my house during school

reason
12-07-2012, 06:11 PM

We were at a park the other weekend and most were on their cell phones or tablets. Saw a frew frisbees though.
Wiffle ball! We played on a daily basis but didn't tag and that wiffle ball stung.