PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Lakers reject T-Wolves' offer for Pau Gasol

The Batman
12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers recently rejected a Timberwolves trade offer for forward Pao Gasol that would revolve around Minnesota center Nikola Pekovic and forward Derrick Williams, according to an ESPN.com report citing sources with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking.
The report claimed that the Lakers also turned down an offer from the Toronto Raptors.

Wolves president of basketball operations David Kahn (http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_22137554/report-timberwolves-offer-lakers-pao-gasol-rejected#) was unavailable for comment Thursday morning, Dec. 6.

This is not the first time the 32 year-old Gasol, a friend of Spanish countryman and Wolves point guard Ricky Rubio, has been linked to trade talks with Minnesota. The Wolves reportedly pursued

Gasol in talks before the 2012 draft and last season's trade deadline. Williams, the No. 2 pick in the 2011 draft, was mentioned as possible trade bait for Gasol in the past. So were then-Wolves forward Michael Beasley and a first-round pick.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_22137554/report-timberwolves-offer-lakers-pao-gasol-rejected

Malik Hairston
12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Shitty news for the rest of the league, tbh..this probably means that they will move Gasol for a major piece, per usual..

UZER
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
AAAND
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yq9IzG3a5Ok/T8Ujh75t1DI/AAAAAAAAAV0/crM-OlmpyO4/s1600/herewego.jpg

timvp
12-06-2012, 06:33 PM
What use would D'Antoni have for Pekovic? Eight minutes per game as a backup for Dwight?

The Lakers are going to get a HUGE return. Something stupidly great. Like Al Horford and Josh Smith or something like that.

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
No way they get that from ATL. Maybe from another team, but not ATL.

NRHector
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
AAAND
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yq9IzG3a5Ok/T8Ujh75t1DI/AAAAAAAAAV0/crM-OlmpyO4/s1600/herewego.jpg

seriously, will they ever win the honest way?

pass1st
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Some team will get a wild hard-on for Pau after talking to Mitch and hand over their core.

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm on record saying they should trade with Denver. Pau Gasol for Gallinari, Wilson Chandler & Mozgov or Koufous.

pass1st
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm on record saying they should trade with Denver. Pau Gasol for Gallinari, Wilson Chandler & Mozgov or Koufous.

Ray would kill himself, tbh

timvp
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Would you trade Gasol for Bustnani and Calderon? You're on record as saying Bustnani would be a great third banana, tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 06:41 PM
The Lakers are going to get a HUGE return. Something stupidly great. Like Al Horford and Josh Smith or something like that.

Tbh, Hawks already refused to even give up only Josh Smith for Pau...

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Would you trade Gasol for Bustnani and Calderon? You're on record as saying Bustnani would be a great third banana, tbh.

No I would not.

I was on record saying that. He's made 0 improvements since the argument began.

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Also, what do you think of the Denver trade

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe the Knicks will give them Amar'e AND Friend Killer... :lol

ElNono
12-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I think a trade with the Mavs makes more sense... Mavs are a bit down, they could use some help inside... plus they could trade for Marion who D'Antoni knows well (although IIRC, he left the Suns a bit upset with pringles)

ElNono
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Marion, Dantay Jones and Kaman for Pau... they would need to wait until Dec 15 though, that's the earliest Kaman can be traded... Kaman is an expiring too, so the Lakeshow would get some cap relief at the end of the season...

Kaman is only there to make the numbers work and give the Lakeshow a $8 million cap relief next summer...

DPG21920
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Marion, Dantay Jones and Kaman for Pau... they would need to wait until Dec 15 though, that's the earliest Kaman can be traded... Kaman is an expiring too, so the Lakeshow would get some cap relief at the end of the season...

LA needs younger, more athletic shooters.

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
:lmao I might never stop laughing if they trade Pau for old-ass Marion and shit-ass Kaman....

Mel_13
12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Recent history (Odom, Bynum) tells us that it's a bad idea for a team to trade for bigs that the Lakers are ready to move. So which of the league's weak sisters will solve LA's problems this time? Where's Jerry West hanging his hat these days?

pass1st
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Recent history (Odom, Bynum) tells us that it's a bad idea for a team to trade for bigs that the Lakers are ready to move. So which of the league's weak sisters will solve LA's problems this time? Where's Jerry West hanging his hat these days?

He's camping with the Warriors right now I think

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe the Dubs and Lakers can swap vaginitis-afflicted bigs... Bogut for Pau.... :lol

irishock
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
The Mavs don't need Gasol. They need a PG.

racm
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Bargnani/Calderon for Pau. Raps fans are begging Mitch to do this. :lmao

Easier for Bonner to beat 2-19 than Pau on the boards though, tbh

pass1st
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Bargnani/Calderon for Pau. Raps fans are begging Mitch to do this. :lmao

Easier for Bonner to beat 2-19 than Pau on the boards though, tbh

Lakers already rejected that proposal, I think.

racm
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Lakers already rejected that proposal, I think.

I'm thinking Mitch won't pull a trigger until Nash comes back and they find out even he can't fix the Lakers' issues.

pass1st
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm thinking Mitch won't pull a trigger until Nash comes back and they find out even he can't fix the Lakers' issues.

Probably wouldn't deal for Bargs though, LA does decent on trades.

racm
12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm pretty sure most GMs wouldn't trade for Bargnani, he's on a worse contract compared to Bonner and Bonner can play, even if he sucks in the playoffs.

Mel_13
12-06-2012, 07:34 PM
He's camping with the Warriors right now I think

Great. So the Lakers offer Gasol for a big and a wing. GS should offer Biedrins and Jefferson. Instead, they offer Lee and Barnes.

baseline bum
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
He's going to Cleveland for Kyrie and Sideshow Bob.

Brunodf
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Great. So the Lakers offer Gasol for a big and a wing. GS should offer Biedrins and Jefferson. Instead, they offer Lee and Barnes.

That's what i was thinking

rascal
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Kaman is only there to make the numbers work and give the Lakeshow a $8 million cap relief next summer...

The lakers are targeting a star not a washed up player like Marion. Kaman and Jones don't fit the bill as the star types the lakers will try to get.

Clipper Nation
12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
The Mavs don't need Gasol. They need a PG.

http://i.imgur.com/VOJbA.jpg

Latarian Milton
12-07-2012, 02:06 AM
if lakers got something like josh smith or something of similar value for the dead corpse of gasol, NBA = Fucked. fat old son of a bitch stern has lost interest in the team of TOSB n he ain't likely to gift them another superstar imho. realistic proposal would be pau to dallas for marion + fillers (kaman most likely)

Brunodf
12-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Lakers will end up getting Varejao+Irving+Waiters :rollin

Nathan89
12-07-2012, 04:04 AM

Most reasonable trade of the thread. I hope this doesn't happen tbh. Gallinari can play stretch four with Jamison but he's also pretty athletic. Wilson will also add length and athleticism. Nash could push the ball with these players and they will be able to stretch the floor on half court offense.

whitemamba
12-07-2012, 04:54 AM

this.

would be a good trade for both teams imho... but nothing is going to happen till nash comes back.

rayjayjohnson
12-07-2012, 05:02 AM
Oh fuck no

whitemamba
12-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Oh fuck no

well throw in sacre too... and johnson odom :toast

rayjayjohnson
12-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Fucking laker fans.

whitemamba
12-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Fucking laker fans.

:toast

LkrFan
12-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Gallo is a good shooter and is what - 23? I like Chandler's game too. Deal. Do it Mitch. :tu

LkrFan
12-07-2012, 05:52 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Latarian Milton
12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
denven's offer would be an ideal one for them lakers despite that it doesn't contain any former gangstas from the suns, also it would bring good depth to lakers bench which they currently need bad

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
this.

would be a good trade for both teams imho... but nothing is going to happen till nash comes back.

The T-Wolves are fucking insane...the owner admitted that he didn't want to trade Beasley to us now he wants Mitch to deal Gasol to him...that fucking owner blowing some hella crack

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
denven's offer would be an ideal one for them lakers despite that it doesn't contain any former gangstas from the suns, also it would bring good depth to lakers bench which they currently need bad

I agree...but here's how it's going to play out compliments of LG research:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4yj7q9

3 team trade, that will catapult us to the top.

Lakers out: Pau Gasol
Lakers in: Josh Smith, Kyle Korver

Denver out: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov
Denver in: Pau Gasol

Atlanta out: Josh Smith, Kyle Korver
Atlanta in: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov

Lakers-We get what we need. Athletic PF who can run like a gazelle, play defense, and finish at the rim. Korver gives us another shooter, for more flexibility.

Denver- They get a versatile PF/C with championship experience. Yes Pau has fallen off, but Nuggets could use an inside offensive threat who is a willing passer and great rebounder. Gives them even more versatility. Imagine lineups of Javale at C and Pau at PF... or Pau at C and Faried at PF. They can mix/match according to the matchup.

Atlanta get 2 perimeter play makers, while also getting a C to shore up C depth, allowing Horford to stay at PF.

TheRealCB
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
^ please,tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this trade makes sense for all 3 teams.

Seventyniner
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
^ please,tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this trade makes sense for all 3 teams.

I think it helps Denver and LA, but it would take more to get Atlanta to part with Josh Smith.

DJB
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
What use would D'Antoni have for Pekovic? Eight minutes per game as a backup for Dwight?

Wouldn't matter, tbh. Mike D'Antonio would still be their head coach. :lol

Chinook
12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akwnq77

There are some obvious problems here. The Spurs would probably never make a trade that directly helps Dallas or the Lakers. Dallas probably wouldn't send a decent big man prospect to San Antonio. The Spurs probably would never get rid of Bonner. But besides all that, this is about the value everyone could expect for their players. Gasol is good enough to get a lot of bench help, but he's not good enough to get back a star player (mainly because there's not a star player to be had right now). Roddy would help the Lakers' bench, and Marion would allow LA to get rid of World Peace somehow.

Cleveland (or Dallas or San Antonio) may need to give up a little more, but this would be the definition or selling high on Varejao. If the Lakers want him, then there's not need to the Mavericks to be involved. The only reason San Antonio is needed is to absorb a player the Lakers don't want in exchange for sending LA a player they do want. (Bonner's floor-stretching ability makes him valuable right now.) In return for doing that, they'd get a sweetener or two from the Cavs/Mavericks.

This is the same basic structure as the Howard deal, except the pieces are not as good for any team. The Cavs play LA's role, and the Lakers play Orlando's role. Other teams may be needed to be Philly and Denver, so this was just an idea using teams that are salient to me. I could see the Bucks, Raptors, Nets and Wolves getting involved instead.

12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Atlanta (Howard's hometown) wants Dwight for themselves next summer. Don't think they would be too keen in helping out the Lakers so I won't worry about the Lakers robbing them.