PDA

View Full Version : Steve Novak

ElNono
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Why did we let him walk again?

playblair
12-06-2012, 10:45 PM
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/4c4401bdf6a543fa9b88dd712e20d4ac/l.jpg

jeebus
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Pop brought Novak and Bonner in the office.

"we only need one tall white guy to spread the floor. which one of you will it be tbh"

Novak sits there thinking of the right thing to say.

Bonner immediately gets up, crawls under Pop's desk, and proceeds to suck him off.

"pack your bags Novak."

cd021
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
We meet again. He was considered redundant, by Bonner. =)

I actually liked him. He can play SF, considering there arent too many great SF's in the league any more.

Nathan89
12-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Why couldn't the best coach in the NBA utilize him?:bang

jestersmash
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM

"we only need one tall white guy to spread the floor. which one of you will it be tbh"

Bonner immediately gets up, crawls under Pop's desk, and proceeds to suck him off.

"pack your bags Novak."

K8E_zMLCRNg

BanditHiro
12-06-2012, 11:07 PM
lol Novak thread. na the guy is a playoff choker but at least he is better in the regular season than Bonner.

spurraider21
12-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Bonner spreads the floor more than Novak does. Novak draws out the other team's SF who is probably already around the 3 point line, whereas Bonner is drawing out another team's big, making more room in the lane for pick and roll with Tiago

Gagnrath
12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
because untill this year he showed less defense and rebounding than bonner and he isn't quite the shooter % wise, though he is better at getting his shot off quickly. Also bonner had way more system knowledge.

Juggity
12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Cornerstone Bonner is averaging 12 boards/game over the previous 1 game scro.

The choice is clear.

DapDaGenius
12-06-2012, 11:11 PM

"pack your bags Novak."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgv4xvQKY1qme44t.gif

Gagnrath
12-06-2012, 11:13 PM
We would also forever loose red headed kid as a fan if we trade bonner. You can't buy that sort of publicity....

Actually I find it hard to believe that he isn't on this board.

JRHernandez88
12-06-2012, 11:16 PM
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/4c4401bdf6a543fa9b88dd712e20d4ac/l.jpg:lmao funny pic tbh

timvp
12-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Novak thread is the new Scola thread, apparently.

At least Scola used to be good. Novak is an overpaid version of Bonner who is much worse defensively and an even worse rebounder.

Splits
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
The Spurs gave Novak his shot two years ago, and when he got a guaranteed offer by the Knicks they let him walk out of courtesy. Let's not rehash how horrible his defense is please. If he's checking 3s there's basically nobody in the league who can't beat him 1 on 1.

ElNono
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Cornerstone Bonner is averaging 12 boards/game over the previous 1 game scro.

The choice is clear.

looks legit

Brunodf
12-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Pop loves Bonner

Boomersgold
12-06-2012, 11:51 PM
looks legit

ElNono, sarcasm isn't recognised online.

lefty
12-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Oh please

This thread :lol

- Can make 3s ? so can we

- can play D ? no

OMG we let the Centerpiece walk away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break .............

Brunodf
12-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh please

This thread :lol

- Can make 3s ? so can we

- can play D ? no

OMG we let the Centerpiece walk away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break .............

San Antonio (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs) .357

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

Texas_Ranger
12-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Both him and Bonner suck in the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2012, 01:20 AM
bonner gets back up after taking a charge....

novak i dont see him taking charges

ElNono
12-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Both him and Bonner suck in the playoffs.

tbh, I haven't seen much of Novak in the playoffs, but the only time he received respectable minutes, his 3P% is currently at 57%... granted, his scoring indicates he didn't take many 3s.

Now, if you take Matty last 4 playoffs where he received roughly the same amount of minutes, you're looking at 33% (rounding up) from 3 point land...

On another note, Bonner defensive prowess is pretty much nonexistent too outside the hustle, IMO.

therealtruth
12-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Bonner spreads the floor more than Novak does. Novak draws out the other team's SF who is probably already around the 3 point line, whereas Bonner is drawing out another team's big, making more room in the lane for pick and roll with Tiago

You didn't watch the WCF? The Thunder put Westbrook and Fisher on him.

spurraider21
12-07-2012, 02:00 AM
You didn't watch the WCF? The Thunder put Westbrook and Fisher on him.
Matt Bonner played in a combined THREE minutes in the last 3 games of the WCF. Not to mention he was ice cold throughout the entire playoffs except game 1 vs Utah

KaiRMD1
12-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Novak disappeared in the playoffs. We don't need two white guys that shoot threes in the season and disappear in the playoffs.

100%duncan
12-07-2012, 06:56 AM

Good point.

rmt
12-07-2012, 09:29 AM

What big man? Any guard can guard Bonner. If there's anyone near him, he can't get his weird shot off. Novak, at least, has a very, very quick release so even when someone's flying at him, he can get his shot off. And is it possible for anyone to choke more than Bonner in the playoffs. Novak, at least, hasn't had as much chance to choke as Bonner. And playing Bonner keeps Pop from playing someone who can defend the rim/paint. Playing Novak would just mean the opposing SF is near the 3pt line.

lefty
12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
San Antonio (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs) .357

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

good enough

Next

YoMamaIsCallin
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Yikes. Does anyone actually not understand this? You can't play no D and no boards in the Spurs system. There is a light year of difference between Novak and Bonner in this aspect.

Mel_13
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Useful thread.

Dex
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, what we need is a second version of Bonner that is even more Charmin soft.

Brazil
12-07-2012, 11:45 AM
he is sure better than Manu at 3 pts shooting tbh

Trade Manu for Novak

ElNono
12-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Useful thread.

gee thanks

spurraider21
12-07-2012, 12:32 PM
What big man? Any guard can guard Bonner. If there's anyone near him, he can't get his weird shot off. Novak, at least, has a very, very quick release so even when someone's flying at him, he can get his shot off. And is it possible for anyone to choke more than Bonner in the playoffs. Novak, at least, hasn't had as much chance to choke as Bonner. And playing Bonner keeps Pop from playing someone who can defend the rim/paint. Playing Novak would just mean the opposing SF is near the 3pt line.
an opposing SF is going to be at the 3 point line anyway. take the spurs. whether we have kawhi or jax at the 3, the other team's SF will be at the 3 point line anyway. and while you say "any guard can defend bonner" when you watch spurs games, you don't usually see a guard defending bonner, do you? no. you usually see a team's power forward on him. keyword: usually. sure there are some lineups here and there where maybe a small forward is on him, but he does space the floor more than novak does for the simple fact that the guy who is defending Novak would be at the 3 point line ANYWAY whereas the dude guarding bonner probably prefers defending near the paint

Mel_13
12-07-2012, 12:33 PM
gee thanks

No problem.

Obstructed_View
12-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Duncan is to Bonner as Bonner is to Novak.

superbigtime
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Novak disappeared in the playoffs. We don't need two white guys that shoot threes in the season and disappear in the playoffs.

I daresay we don't need any.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Why did we let him walk again?Because he wasn't good enough to keep.

Any other questions?

SenorSpur
12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
As much as I dislike Bonner's limited athleticism and porous defense, in comparison Novak makes Bonner look like Leonard "Truck" Robinson.

spursfan1000
12-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Novak dosent try to defend. end of story

Paranoid Pop
12-07-2012, 02:16 PM
He may not defend but he has also a higher and way quicker release that makes him 100X harder to guard while Bonner can be guarded by any PG with his slow shot coming from the waist and if Bonner doesn't shoot the 3 he puts the ball on the floor and fucks up the possession. I think Bonner may be a tiny bit better overall as a fifth big but it's a close call.

ElNono
12-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Because he wasn't good enough to keep.

Any other questions?

Not right now, tbh

ChumpDumper
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Not right now, tbhAlright.

Keep me posted.

Cane
12-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Would rather have fat and old Sheed

Sean Cagney
12-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, until the playoffs when you can throw a PG out there on Bonner and he will still miss the shot lol.

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:40 PM
ElNono, sarcasm isn't recognised online.

I alway forget that too.

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, until the playoffs when you can throw a PG out there on Bonner and he will still miss the shot lol.

Novak didn't do shit against the heat if i recall.Just saying

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Would rather have fat and old Sheed

Sheed was a grad of BallSoHARDState. We could still use someone like him. BALL DON'T LIE!

Sean Cagney
12-07-2012, 07:45 PM

I would not trust either one of them on the team in the playoffs, would like them both not on the roster come that time if you are being real.

Boomersgold
12-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Steve Novak vs Matt Bonner in a three point shootout, with the maximum score attainable being 30 points. Who wins and what score would each player get?

therealtruth
12-08-2012, 05:15 AM

Bonner has had several chances in playoffs. That was the first real playoffs for Novak. I'm sure he will make the adjustments. Novak has the ability to step around or avoid the guy who is trying to chase him off the line. He's that confident in his 3pt shot that he knows he needs to be able to get the ball off. Bonner's only confident when he's wide open and no one is near him.

Obstructed_View
12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Steve Novak vs Matt Bonner in a three point shootout, with the maximum score attainable being 30 points. Who wins and what score would each player get?

Calvin Murphy could walk out and beat both of them right now at that game, but I wouldn't want him in my rotation.

Splits
01-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Why did we let him walk again?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-03-2013, 09:45 PM
cause he's basically a smaller version of bonner with a quicker release?

Jumi
01-03-2013, 10:38 PM
:rollin

Johnny RIngo
01-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Neither player(Bonner or Novak) is ever going to make an impact in a playoff game so it's irrelevant to even make these threads. They both act as a crutch in regular season games and predictably do nothing in the post-season.

SpurPadre
01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Neither player(Bonner or Novak) is ever going to make an impact in a playoff game so it's irrelevant to even make these threads. They both act as a crutch in regular season games and predictably do nothing in the post-season.

Well, Novak did shoot 57% on his 3's in his one playoff series last year vs. the Heat...which is more than that red-headed piece of shit ever has made in his long playoff career.

Johnny RIngo
01-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, Novak did shoot 57% on his 3's in his one playoff series last year vs. the Heat...which is more than that red-headed piece of shit ever has made in his long playoff career.

He averaged like 2 ppg - a considerable drop from his regular season average(9 ppg)

SpurPadre
01-03-2013, 11:17 PM
He averaged like 2 ppg - a considerable drop from his regular season average(9 ppg)

You can say he played ok in the limited minutes he got in the playoffs. But again, made use of his time way better than that red headed asshole whose name pains me to say.

slick'81
01-04-2013, 12:57 AM
atleast this is the final season of bonner right ?!?

Ice009
01-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Bonner is a piss poor shooter under any kind of pressure because of his shooting mechanics. He's useless come playoff time when teams close in on him as his shooting mechanics are no good for playoff ball. He has a slow release, which he doesn't have time to wind up in the playoffs as defenses won't give him the open looks he gets in the regular season.

Also, can anyone tell me if Jax had this slow of a release in 2003? I don't recall Stephen having as slow of a release when he was on the team previously. He's looking like total crap shooting the ball. He needs to get his shit together, and soon.

DapDaGenius
01-04-2013, 07:05 AM
atleast this is the final season of bonner right ?!?

Please don't get my hopes up like that. I wish this was Bonner's last season, hopefully he'd just go and coach d-league or something.

Hopefully after Bonner is gone they at least try to make an attempt to get some big men...I don't care who it is, as long as they are young players...they could get Kyle O'Quinn for all I care. As long as I see them trying to get big men after this year. And no more drafting PGs.

Oh and no disrespect Kyle O'Quinn, I'm not saying he is a bad player, I'm just saying he is unproven.

Boomersgold
01-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Imagine having Bonner as a shooting coach? You'd shoot over 50% in the regular season and would struggle to hit anything in the playoffs or when under any type of pressure.

DapDaGenius
01-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Bonner is a piss poor shooter under any kind of pressure because of his shooting mechanics. He's useless come playoff time when teams close in on him as his shooting mechanics are no good for playoff ball. He has a slow release, which he doesn't have time to wind up in the playoffs as defenses won't give him the open looks he gets in the regular season.

Also, can anyone tell me if Jax had this slow of a release in 2003? I don't recall Stephen having as slow of a release when he was on the team previously. He's looking like total crap shooting the ball. He needs to get his shit together, and soon.

Yeah he is getting up there in age, that's most likely what is hurting his shot. And maybe he isn't fully recovered from the hand injury, which could be messing with his shot as well. I could see Jax retiring after this year...he said he wanted to retire a Spur...to avoid being traded after this year, it'd make sense that he retire after this season. His injuries are all the more reason to.

How much is he making?? Like $10 million? Yeah we could give some decent contracts with that.

DapDaGenius
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Imagine having Bonner as a shooting coach? You'd shoot over 50% in the regular season and would struggle to hit anything in the playoffs or when under any type of pressure.

:lmao

You took a shit on Bonner just now. But nawh, hopefully, any player that had Bonner as a shooting coach wouldn't pick up on his playoff mentality.