PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs had signed Derrick Fisher

cd021
12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I remember early in the season that the Spurs were linked to Fisher. Fisher happens to be my least favorite player. This is supposed by humorous take on what I'd want the conditions of his contract to be. (My sense of humor is somewhat odd and NBA centric, I know. If you don't get it, its probably your fault.

1. I'm sure spurs fans reaction would be similar to the end of rise of the planet of the apes. To borrow words from Dirk ("SHUT IT DOWN!!!). I'd be the Gorilla jumping off the bridge and taking out a helicopter.

2. Derrick Fisher would need to renounce his evil deeds I.E playing with the Lakers and also playing with the Lakers oh and playing with the Lakers. Also he needs to admit the ball was still in his hands 0.4gate.

3. He would have to come in early and learn how to properly flop from manu. He's butchering all that Manu and Vlade have worked for.

4. He'd need a nickname, the custodian, sounds about right. Given where he would be on the depth chart. (T.P, Neal, Patty, Nando, CJ). He would need be able to clean up spills court-side during games.

5. Work with Chip on his shot. Its not bad, it just looks about as awkward as a lefty using a right handed desk.

6. Lie about his age like Yi Jianlian, Mutumbo (he actually didn't know), & possibly Bismark Biyombo. I hate when people call us old, its their way of sweeping all of a greatness off to the side.

7. Be able to answer questions from Saiger, & Alderidge for Pop when he's too preoccupied being the best coach of his era.

8. Don't get dunked on again, that kind of a spurs motto, Neal can tell you it sucks (J.R Smith)

9. Give us something to blackmail Kobe with. Incriminating photo, ordering a hit on a beat writer who complained about his usage rate and low shooting percentages, that sort of thing.

10. If somehow all our point guards are lost in transit (without a tracking number from UPS) and Diaw is flu stricken and Manu hurts himself sitting down. Fisher must promise not to play 35 minutes and have another 0 pt, 0 reb, 0 apg, 0 stls & 0 blks game like he did 2 years ago .

Boomersgold
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Derek Fisher's one of the most overrated players to ever play the game. He's slow, wasn't that great of a shooter or passer and lacked great court vision.

Solid D
12-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately, the Thunder were really helped by Fisher against the Spurs last year in the WCF. He was one of the difference-makers.

Brunodf
12-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Didn't read, but no thanks, Fisher is horrible, he only scores if some dumb defenders let him wide open.

phxspurfan
12-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Sign Fisher?? Please deactivate your account and never come back. kthxbye

Seventyniner
12-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Didn't read, but no thanks, Fisher is horrible, he only scores if some dumb defenders let him wide open.

It's not nice to call Gary Neal dumb...

playblair
12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
would be a good singing ... splitter could work on his post game in practice seeing as he cant post fisher

spurraider21
12-07-2012, 01:27 AM
If the Spurs signed Fisher I would first gag myself, and then I'd just declare myself a Miami heat fan

therealtruth
12-07-2012, 01:41 AM
He's got heart. You can't teach that. He's had some big time championship moments like his 3's against the Magic in the Finals and his full court layup against the Celtics in the finals. He and Horry are anti-Bonner. They step up and hit shots in big moments.

99 Problems
12-07-2012, 04:28 AM
....we would have an old PG who used to be a pretty good player.

gee
12-07-2012, 08:05 AM
... we would have one more fkn point guard. which is exactly what this team needs. we dont have enough backup point guards.

lefty
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
We do need a clutch PG to back up our regular season star

dunkman
12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
The Spurs definitely should have signed Fisher, in the same way they signed Horry.

Kidd K
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Pretty funny read OP, nice job

TampaDude
12-07-2012, 05:08 PM
LOL and fuck DFish...

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Gary, we love you just the same:blah

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
We do need a clutch PG to back up our regular season star

Thats incredible funny. Parker is clutch Thabo's just a freak of nature. He carried us in a couple of close games in the 07 Finals against...Cleveland (As i write that I'm wondering why they were close.)

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Sign Fisher?? Please deactivate your account and never come back. kthxbye

Someone didn't take 45 seconds to read the post. :lol

Fisher sucks ass.

cd021
12-07-2012, 05:50 PM
He's got heart. You can't teach that. He's had some big time championship moments like his 3's against the Magic in the Finals and his full court layup against the Celtics in the finals. He and Horry are anti-Bonner. They step up and hit shots in big moments.

I also remember him lipping a easy layup with the Jazz in the playoffs that lead to 2 points for the rockets. Horry disappeared for series at a time. Still think Gm 5 vs Pistons was greatest game i've ever watched someone play. 25 pts in 17 minutes off the bench against the best defensive team in the league in Detriot.

DapDaGenius
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM

Exactly. He may be a rapist, but he is far from dumb.

cd021
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Exactly. He may be a rapist, but he is far from dumb.

He fought & beat the rap. Not a rapist. Didn't Kobe reach a settlement with his accuser?

DapDaGenius
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
He fought & beat the rap. Not a rapist. Didn't Kobe reach a settlement with his accuser?

It was a joke, man.

cd021
12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
It was a joke, man.

I look like an ass now, Sarcasm really doesn't translate online. My Bad.

DapDaGenius
12-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I look like an ass now, Sarcasm really doesn't translate online. My Bad.

It's cool man. Hahaha

Baseline
12-07-2012, 09:14 PM

Yes, it was a multi-million dollar settlement. And it was based, of course, on the criminal case being dropped. When the criminal case was dropped, the Lakers were free to re-sign Bryant to a 100+ million contract. Which they did.

But of course, neither Stern, the NBA, nor ESPN would ever want anyone to know these things. Having a star who's guilty of rape just isn't good for business.

At that point, Bryant's PR team, and the NBA, began a detaile reinventing Bryant's image in the public eye. Eventually, the entire incident became known as "that thing in Colorado." Not as a rape, not as a young woman's life altered if not irreparably destroyed, but as a blip in the career of a star player.

therealtruth
12-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, it was a multi-million dollar settlement. And it was based, of course, on the criminal case being dropped. When the criminal case was dropped, the Lakers were free to re-sign Bryant to a 100+ million contract. Which they did.

But of course, neither Stern, the NBA, nor ESPN would ever want anyone to know these things. Having a star who's guilty of rape just isn't good for business.

At that point, Bryant's PR team, and the NBA, began a detaile reinventing Bryant's image in the public eye. Eventually, the entire incident became known as "that thing in Colorado." Not as a rape, not as a young woman's life altered if not irreparably destroyed, but as a blip in the career of a star player.

Must have been part of those bodies that are buried Stern was talking about.