PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Is wade done???

thunderup
12-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Atrocious outing. Games like this shed light on just how close to finish D-Wade is. Granted, he'll still have 20-30 point games but that'll come when he's hot from jumpshooting. He simply can't get to the rim whenever he wants. Blame injury or whatever but its been a pretty common theme for Wade the last couple of seasons.

Today:
-33, lethargic, half-assed defense, among other things.

jeebus
12-06-2012, 11:30 PM
coasting

pass1st
12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
So Knicks will go 1-4 against the heat again :tu

thunderup
12-07-2012, 01:02 AM
So Knicks will go 1-4 against the heat again :tu
I doubt it. I would still pick Miami as the favorite to come out of that series, but these Knicks aren't yesteryear's Knicks. They got some legit pieces, Amare notwithstanding. Most likely a 6 game series, maybe even 7.

pass1st
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM
I doubt it. I would still pick Miami as the favorite to come out of that series, but these Knicks aren't yesteryear's Knicks. They got some legit pieces, Amare notwithstanding. Most likely a 6 game series, maybe even 7.

Once Amare gets back in, shit will hit the fan par the course. It's only a matter of time

Latarian Milton
12-07-2012, 02:49 AM
you'll see ray allen replacing him as 1/3 of our big 3 before long tbh

Ace
12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
He pulled a Westbrick like game :lol

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Wade has been lazy this season so maybe he is coasting

Ace
12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Wade has been lazy this season so maybe he is coasting
Defensively he is but on the other end he's not. He's taking bad shots, missing at the rim and settling for long 2s way to much. Obviously he's lost a step but he's not "done". Since Wade entered the NBA there's been is Wade done questions after every bad game or injury.

JRHernandez88
12-07-2012, 08:49 AM
On the decline. Not done, tbh.

Latarian Milton
12-07-2012, 09:24 AM
the young wade was quick as fuck n people are kinda used to seeing him play that way imho. he's been tilting towards a paul-pierce style in recent years and he can still help his team as much as he used to do, you don't see him scoring big very often but he's still gon stand up when shit really matters like the game vs. brooklyn. he might lost a step or two but he's now strong as fuck which enables him to eat almost any shooting guard alive at the low post imho

thunderfan
12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm pretty confident Dwayne Wade isn't quite done being an effective baskeball player.

rayjayjohnson
12-07-2012, 11:23 AM
not done, but not as good tbh

purplengold
12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
the young wade was quick as fuck n people are kinda used to seeing him play that way imho. he's been tilting towards a paul-pierce style in recent years and he can still help his team as much as he used to do, you don't see him scoring big very often but he's still gon stand up when shit really matters like the game vs. brooklyn. he might lost a step or two but he's now strong as fuck which enables him to eat almost any shooting guard alive at the low post imho

when he gon fake injuries, get ona wheelchair n come back a minute later shooting 3s like Reggie miller?

skut_farkus
12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Age is starting to show, either that or still injured

Raven
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Not done at all.

Frank Dux
12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
If Wade doesn't start to play better, Lebron will probably start considering some changes to the super-friends line up...

irishock
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Wade will be replaced with Lillard.

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Defensively he is but on the other end he's not. He's taking bad shots, missing at the rim and settling for long 2s way to much. Obviously he's lost a step but he's not "done". Since Wade entered the NBA there's been is Wade done questions after every bad game or injury.

Yeah more recently though, age is impacting him but my mate whos a massive fan of Wade, he's the reason he follows the heat has even been pissed at him. I guess Coach spo is a fucking idiot really and can't help so Wade needs to take better shots from his own judgement

Ace
12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah more recently though, age is impacting him but my mate whos a massive fan of Wade, he's the reason he follows the heat has even been pissed at him. I guess Coach spo is a fucking idiot really and can't help so Wade needs to take better shots from his own judgement
I'm a big Wade fan as well and admittedly it's been frustrating to watch him take so many possessions off, settle for jumpers and not really show any energy on the court. I know he has always shown up when it matters and will do what takes to win. People forget how much of a competitor Wade is.

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm a big Wade fan as well and admittedly it's been frustrating to watch him take so many possessions off, settle for jumpers and not really show any energy on the court. I know he has always shown up when it matters and will do what takes to win. People forget how much of a competitor Wade is.

Yeah I haven't seen many heat games but watched yesterday and was texting my mate saying he seems to have changed a lot. He's never been a great jump shooter so I was wondering why he was taking them. Defence and offence seems so different. Does he have a niggling injury

Ace
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Yeah I haven't seen many heat games but watched yesterday and was texting my mate saying he seems to have changed a lot. He's never been a great jump shooter so I was wondering why he was taking them. Defence and offence seems so different. Does he have a niggling injury
In 08-09 Wade had a solid midrange game but for whatever reason he lost that J. As far as injury, he won't say anything if he is. Riley never let's things like that out.

Calispursfan11
05-31-2013, 09:36 PM
And also six months ago the speculation of Wade being done or close to it continued... I think it is evident that he has finally become nothing more than a glorified role player on this team. Not out of choice necessary, but simply out of the inability to dominate games.